Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

There was an error Downloading Content {0}

Comments

• Options
    lorenjayne21lorenjayne21 Posts: 13 New Member
    edited September 2010
    I was having trouble downloading too. I just uninstalled EADM, restarted computer then reinstalled EADM then tried downloading Barnicle Bay again and that worked.
  • Options
    delightfuldelightful Posts: 29 New Member
    edited September 2010
    I was having trouble downloading too. I just uninstalled EADM, restarted computer then reinstalled EADM then tried downloading Barnicle Bay again and that worked.
    Installed, uninstalled, and installed EADM again. Still can't download. How do I get the download dashboard? It is not showing in game? No shop mode option in game either.
  • Options
    setter1414setter1414 Posts: 488 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Hi everyone,

For those of you who are having issues downloading items from the TS3 Store, please provide the following to help us investigate:

What platform/OS are you using?
    Which EPs/SPs do you have installed?
    What items are you trying to download?
    What version of the game are you running? You can see this on the bottom left of your Launcher (it will say Version: 4.0.00.000000 for example)
    What error message are you seeing (if any) when trying to download Store items? A screenshot would be very helpful as well.
    Any other details like internet connection would be helpful as well.

Thanks Simmers.

platform: vista 64-bit
    eps: ambitions and WA
    version: 4.0.87.006001
    trying to download barnacle bay
    no error message. every time i click download again my launcher only pops up. barnacle bay does not appear in my launcher for me to install :/
  • Options
    AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    edited September 2010

What platform/OS are you using? PC, Windows Vista
    Which EPs/SPs do you have installed? Base, WA, Ambitions, High End Loft
    What items are you trying to download? Loud, Fast, Clash! Set
    What version of the game are you running? You can see this on the bottom left of your Launcher (it will say Version: 4.0.00.000000 for example)4.3.4.008001
    What error message are you seeing (if any) when trying to download Store items? It hasn't came up yet, it did the other day though. It's been about 5 minutes since I tried to download it. A screenshot would be very helpful as well.
    Any other details like internet connection would be helpful as well. Cable Road Runner

• Options
    XIDOMINOXIXIDOMINOXI Posts: 44
    edited September 2010
    I have been having this problem since last week when I first got The Sims 3. I decided to retry to download today and it worked. I made sure nothing else was downloading and that I didnt have the game launcher loaded up before I clicked download. It worked for me whether it will work for anyone else I don't know but could be worth a try.

Oh I forgot to say I didnt have the EA download manager loaded up, that just seems to not work right for me.
  • Options
    azspdoguyazspdoguy Posts: 27 Member
    edited September 2010
    This is a continual problem and I am really getting tired of it.

The problem seems to me to be your web site. Performance on the web site is terrible and this is the only web site that I have problems with.

I had this problem before on a previous download and it took over a month until it finally "fixed itself", and that was with an open ticket with tech support, which was no help.

My launcher currently comes up with the big Barnacle Bay ad. My guess is that might be the problem. When I try to download Barnacle Bay from the web site, it just pops up the launcher for a second and that's it.

Please provide an alternate method! You might also consider hiring some out of work web developers in the US to try help solve the problem.

Model Name: iMac
    Model Identifier: iMac9,1
    Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
    Processor Speed: 3.06 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 1
    Total Number Of Cores: 2
    L2 Cache: 6 MB
    Memory: 4 GB
    Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
    Boot ROM Version: IM91.008D.B08
    SMC Version (system): 1.37f3

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GT 130
    Type: GPU
    Bus: PCIe
    VRAM (Total): 512 MB

System Version: Mac OS X 10.6.4 (10F569) Snow Leopard

World Adventures 2.10.5.008001

• Options
    BluRoseBluRose Posts: 31 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Q1-What platform.
    A- Windows vista.
    Q2-Which eps/sps?
    A-World Adventures, Ambitions(btw this is when i no longer could download from the store)/ High end Loft, Fast lane.
    Q3-What items are you trying to download?
    A-Everything I had bought and downloaded before(When I first started having problems I called my EA Support and they told me it was an INSTALL PROBLEM??! so I lost everything I had) ANd I am NOT wasting another sent on Simpoints untill I am sure I will be getting what I paid for.
    Q4-What version?
    A-5.0.44.008001 not sure if this will help Mine is the UK version.
    Q5-What error message?
    There are more then one????! EA WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
    A-there was an error dowloading plaese see log for details(Iv tried so hard to downlaod everyday, my little conure now says 'What log'all day) :?
    Q6-Internet connection
    Not sure how this could be the problem as i had no problems before Ambitions and my husband and i both play online games and there is no problem there.
    A-Adsl
  • Options
    IvanaZagrebIvanaZagreb Posts: 332 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Windows XP
    All of them!
    Riverwiew, Barnacle Bay...
    What version of the game are you running? You can see this on the bottom left of your Launcher (it will say Version: 4.0.00.000000 for example)
    What error message are you seeing (if any) when trying to download Store items? A screenshot would be very helpful as well.
    I don't get any messages, my dowload manager pops out but nothing happens, the tray is empty and I have no idea what to do!!!!
    I am using Mozilla Firefox browser.

Also, I don't understand this: My base game is version 1.15.34.008002, WA is version 2.0.86.002002, HELS is version 3.0.38.004001 but Ambitions and Fast Lane are 0.0.0.0.! I've read the post about the patches but I don't understand anything!

So What do I do now???? :?
  • Options
    linarwinglinarwing Posts: 113 Member
    edited September 2010
    Not long after Ambitions came out, I tried to download two store items. I had sworn I would never use the store, but someone posted a picture with a nicer hamper than Ambitions came with, that I really liked. I tried to get it. After getting the same error (see the log...) that most of the people here have gotten, I tried one more item. Neither item (paid out of my free user points) will ever download. I always get the same message about seeing the log. I've asked and asked others where that log might be located, and nobody seems to know. I've read every log I can find in the game folders that will let me read it with Notepad, and there's nothing there concerning store items, that I can find.

I see now, that this problem has been around for quite some time. My common thread seems to be that we have WildBlue satellite, which has a bad UPLOAD latency, but usually not a very bad DOWNLOAD latency! I run two Simming forums (Neighborly Sims 2 and Neighborly Sims 3), and though there's a little lag with uploading pictures, usually the response time for READING forums is good.

I've been able to download and install Riverview, patches, and CaW with no problem whatsoever. I've also occasionally downloaded user files from the Exchange.

My game is always patched to the latest degree...ALWAYS. At this point in time, my Launcher (lower left corner) tells me it's running vs. 5.0.44.008001 (that's the only number I can see listed there).

I just went to the Update tab and refreshed, and there is no update available...I'm all current. I have everything--base game through Fast Lane. I'm running no hacks or mods, and the only CC I have in place is a few new patterns made through CaP (four of them, to be exact). I'm squeaky clean, and my game runs wonderfully on my XP, Gateway AMD dual-core, slightly aged computer with 4 GB RAM (3 usable GB with XP 32).

I've tried three different browsers: IE (latest version), FireFox (latest version), and Safari (latest version). I always keep everything updated.

It's ONLY the store items that seem to give this problem with downloading. It sure would be nice if someone would come up with an answer, or that I could get my few points back, because I really WOULD like to get Barnacle Bay, but won't even try, until this issue is solved.
  • Options
    SaladEelSaladEel Posts: 10
    edited September 2010
    - Windows Vista (Both Service Packs Installed)

- The Sims 3

- Purchased Items from the store: Barnacle Bay, Clothing, Furniture Sets

What version of the game are you running?

What error message are you seeing (if any) when trying to download Store items?
    - There was an error while downloading content. Please see the Log for more details.

Internet Connection?
    - HughesNet

Email?
    - DallasWLee@gmail.com

Please help with this.
  • Options
    Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    edited September 2010
    I tried everything i could.. nothing works. Basically, I uninstalled all my games and only reinstalled the sims 3 base, run EADM as admin, update the latest patch etc..but none works.. very frustrating.. i suggest EA can create the 'save file' option for us just like the feature in the exchange as it would be faster and less complication.

The Sims Game
  • Options
    azspdoguyazspdoguy Posts: 27 Member
    edited September 2010
    azspdoguy wrote:
    This is a continual problem...

I was able to download the content today after completely clearing out my browser cache, which I believe is one of the first things the support group suggests to do.

Also the web server performance was better today.
  • Options
    haley_dahaley_da Posts: 5 New Member
    edited September 2010
    What platform/OS are you using? I use Mac OS

Which EPs/SPs do you have installed? World Adventures and Ambitions

What items are you trying to download? Anything. Nothing I try to download works. The last things I downloaded successfully were from the Romanza set right after it first came out.

What version of the game are you running? 4.3.4.008001

What error message are you seeing (if any) when trying to download Store items? There is no error message. I click download in the store, it pulls up the World Adventures launcher which then switches to Ambitions Launcher (or merges with it if I already have the launcher up), and then nothing happens. The item never appears in the downloads menu. The store will register the item as purchased and it shows up in my account history with the option to download again (which also fails). Also, in the launcher on the far right of the downloads button/tab an exclamation point in a circle will appear as if something new has been added (dare to dream!). Occasionally, if I try a second time to download an item, the launcher will lock up and I will have to force quit.

Any other details like internet connection would be helpful as well: We have cable internet, which I access wirelessly from my laptop. I use Safari for my browser, but have encountered the same issues in Mozilla.
  • Options
    taytay1991taytay1991 Posts: 1
    edited October 2010
    the same thing is happing to me i cant dl anything from the store and its making me real mad :evil:
  • Options
    VaelynnVaelynn Posts: 272 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Come on EA...

This problem has surfaced since 3rd of June 2009 and now its October 2010.
    It has been 18 months and it hasn't been solved yet.

I was able to download from the store before.. and I have reported my issue 4 months ago and no news still. What is the problem of selling sim points when some of us still can't use it?

• Options
    DraknnDraknn Posts: 3
    edited October 2010
    Important Notice:

These forums are only for looks and show. Anything you post here will be ignored by EA. Find a new forum where people actually know what they are doing and will actually respond to your issues ASAP !
  • Options
    LozzamogzLozzamogz Posts: 3
    edited October 2010
    Hi. It's not working for me either. Hope with the info we're all giving it can get fixed soon :)

What platform/OS are you using? Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

Which EPs/SPs do you have installed? All of them.

What items are you trying to download? Items I already own and also free items. I have recently installed sims3 to my new laptop and now cannot get to all the items I've actually paid for! :(

What version of the game are you running? You can see this on the bottom left of your Launcher (it will say Version: 4.0.00.000000 for example) 4.3.4008001

What error message are you seeing (if any) when trying to download Store items? Usually they wont even appear in the download box but on the rare occasion that they do it just says 'Error with download, please see log'.

Please try and fix it soon EA! :cry:

• Options
    chocolatequeen17chocolatequeen17 Posts: 31 Member
    edited October 2010
    What platform/OS are you using? Windows 7
    Which EPs/SPs do you have installed? Base games, WA, HE, AMB and FL
    What items are you trying to download? Toyota prius ego pack, Table, and doors
    What version of the game are you running? You can see this on the bottom left of your Launcher (it will say Version: 4.0.00.000000 for example)50440088001
    What error message are you seeing (if any) when trying to download Store items? A screenshot would be very helpful as well. It opens the launcher but nothing happens.
  • Options
    LukeyLuLukeyLu Posts: 104 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Hi everyone,

For those of you who are having issues downloading items from the TS3 Store, please provide the following to help us investigate:

Vista

WA and Ambitions

Regal Living Set

Nothing seems to happen when I click download from my Purchase History. There is no error message that pops up.

I have Time Warner Cable internet connection. I had been able to download fine before through the game launcher. But the last few months, I've had to go through the game Download Dashboard screen to install and download store items.
    I am using firefox 3.6.10
    I think it's confusing to click download from the purchase history and there are no status message that pops up. I have made sure that my pop up is turned off.

Thanks Simmers.

For those that do not have issues with download, can you specify browser that you use? And Do you have the game launcher opened already and logged in?

• Options
    MalteasersMalteasers Posts: 119 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Simmers, I am trying to download barnacle bayy but it wont download :/
  • Options
    BabyJYBabyJY Posts: 2 New Member
    edited October 2010
    What platform/OS are you using? "Window Vista 32-bit"

Which EPs/SPs do you have installed? "The Sims 3 base game & Ambitions"

What items are you trying to download? "Everything from the store! None works! However, I am able to download and install exchange items."

What version of the game are you running? You can see this on the bottom left of your Launcher (it will say Version: 4.0.00.000000 for example)"4.3.4.008001"

"There was an error while downloading content. Please see the Log for more details."

"Using the same internet service pack as I used to download stuffs from store for my Sims 3 base game months ago (this problem did not exist then)"

Attempts which do not work for me:
    - Turned off Firewall & UAC
    - Tried different browsers - IE7, Google Chrome, Firefox
    - Uninstalled and re-installed the latest version of EADM
    - Uninstalled and re-installed Sims 3 and Ambitions
    - Run game launcher as adminstrator

This is really frustrating! Any help will be appreciated!

• Options
    GussgoosGussgoos Posts: 12
    edited October 2010

Just an update on the The Sims3 Game Launcher Version

:x :evil: :twisted:
  • Options
    laprairielaprairie Posts: 52 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Baby JY if you have a satellite internet provider, this is the problem starting the end of May. There is no fix and they don't care.
  • Options
    ivinianivinian Posts: 1,957 Member
    edited October 2010
    Now I know for 100% sure the broken Store is nothing I did. That makes me very relieved. But it's broken again, and the relief is a pretty secondary feeling right now.

I've posted in this thread a few times (Mac, Snow Leopard, fully patched, yay) with my struggles with the Store. I did end up reinstalling a couple times, but that didn't help at all. After the most recent full scorched-earth install for some other stupid things I did that were my fault entirely, somewhere afterward I discovered the Store was working again, and you can tell I'd found out, EA, because I suddenly began buying stuff again. I added 3rd party stuff a few items at a time (having tested every one through CUSTARD and other utilities on my other computer, a PC), made sure that stupid GirlDoll didn't show up anywhere, and made sure every single session that the Store still worked (again, EA, check my download history of the clock especially -- probably downloaded it what, 30 or 40 times? All to test that the Store still worked for me). A nuclear scientist isn't as meticulous and methodical as I was about reinstalling all my stuff. And it worked great.

I did absolutely nothing, NOTHING new for the last week though aside from a few small Store purchases.

Nothing, that is, except buy and install Fast Lane Stuff last night. This morning I bought the Daily Deal and it won't download to my Mac.

Now the Store does the exact same stupid thing it did before -- pulls up the second "yay we're downloading something" icon for a split second, dismisses it, and absolutely nothing happens after that. No error messages, just no downloads either.

I'm seriously cheesed. I guess I'll wait till the next EP comes out in a few weeks and just... reinstall again. And hope. But tapdancing biscuit butter, this is really annoying, EA. Every time I patch or get a new pack, do I need to worry about my whole game horking?
  • Options
    RiachanRiachan Posts: 3
    edited October 2010
    Mac OS X Version 10.6.4

Sims 3 base game
    World Adventures
    High-End Loft
    Ambitions

Everything that I have purchased from the store and items in my purchase history

Sims 3: 1.15.34.008001
    WA: 2.10.5.008001
    HEL: 3.6.6.008001
    Ambitions: 4.3.4.008001

Download Failed
    There was an error Downloading Content {0}

I am using Safari Version 5.0.2
    I had no problem downloading purchases from the store until I installed Ambitions. The first time I received this error was when I wanted to download The Ultimate Career Bundle which was on 2nd June 2010. After that I am not able to download anything from the store.

I uninstalled and re-installed the game including expansions following the advice from Sims Customer Support home page but it did not work. I am still not able to download anything from the store including anything from my purchase history. Recently, I purchased Barnacle Bay, but due to the error, I could not download. As a matter of fact, I have uninstalled and re-installed the game and expansion packs a couple of times.

I sincerely hope EA would do something. After coming to this post, I realised others had this problem since 2009. This is really sad.