Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

There was an error Downloading Content {0}

Comments

• Options
    DesideratistDesideratist Posts: 4
    edited August 2010

Vista
    Sims 3 base game, World Aventures and Ambitions.
    Been trying these and none work (to be honest, I've had this problem on and off the whole time I've had the game) these are the ones I'm currently having trouble with:
    Faerie bench and dining chair, Ultimate career bundle, Goal and Adrenaline Rush.
    Game version is 4.2.32.007001
    Error message is "There was an error while downloading content. Please see the Log for more details". I have no idea where it saves this "log" it's talking about. If you click on the questionmark at the top right, it says "The system cannot find the file specified".
    It looks like it downloads OK but it gets to the end of the green bar, hangs for a time and then comes up with the above error. Does it whether I download with the Launcher already open or not.
    Internet connection is cable broadband.

All that said, if I use Firefox instead of IE it works fine. Good old Firefox. :-)
  • Options
    orisisroseorisisrose Posts: 1,212 Member
    edited August 2010
    Windows 7
    All
    Game version: 4.2.32.007001
    okay so went to try to download missy o. got the launcher opened and the 7 pop ups saying please log in. I'd log in and a new one pops up. actually worked yay. so go to the capricious and again 7 pop up windows which i again log into. but no item showed in launcher. hmmmm. go to another item I've been having issues downloading and same as before no item is showing in launcher.
    Error message: none. the launcher doesn't even have the main page where you can log into. hmmm. will uninstall all of the game and the eadm and see if that works as I've tried everything else. Didn't have an issue till the newest version of the game.
    I use Firefox instead of IE.

• Options
    JudilandJudiland Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited August 2010
    Hi everyone,

For those of you who are having issues downloading items from the TS3 Store, please provide the following to help us investigate:

What platform/OS are you using?
    Which EPs/SPs do you have installed?
    What items are you trying to download?
    What version of the game are you running? You can see this on the bottom left of your Launcher (it will say Version: 4.0.00.000000 for example)
    What error message are you seeing (if any) when trying to download Store items? A screenshot would be very helpful as well.
    Any other details like internet connection would be helpful as well.

Thanks Simmers.

1. Windows Vista
    2. WA, HELS, Ambitions.
    3. Collection Stankie, BahHaus.
    4. 4.2.32.007001
    5. No Error message, just when I go to download it asks me to login agian, I enter my (correct) password and it just keeps comming back up, it won't enter.
    6. Broadband connection. this just started today, 8-14-10. when I try to login with the launcher that charming youngester is tipping his glasses and looking quite chagrined, seems I've seen him before :lol: Hmmm???

One Edit, I tried Firefox, it did not work.
  • Options
    WarriorTigerWarriorTiger Posts: 1
    edited August 2010
    Ok, so I was totally having the same issue. I had to do a complete reinstall of my game after a Trojan started eating it :( . I had looked through all of this information, with people complaining about how it's not working and I agree that EA should be doing more. However, being in the industry I can understand that sometimes its not as easy a pressing a button.

Now the good news is I managed to get mine to download properly. All I did to change this was adjust my connects in both Firefox and IE.

Here is how to do this in Firefox: Go to tools at the top, in the menu bar. Select options. Select the advanced panel. In the connections area, select settings. I changed mine to auto-detect.

Now for IE. Click the tools button. Select internet options. Click on the connections tab. Click on lan settings. Here I also used Auto-detect settings.

It worked like a charm for me. I really hope that this helps many of you out there. Happy Simming!
  • Options
    ZaveiZavei Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2010
    wins 7

All 3

Anything, Nothing works.

What version of the game are you running? You can see this on the bottom left of your Launcher (it will say Version: 4.0.00.000000 for example)
    4.2.32.007001 (i patched it to the latest)

What error message are you seeing (if any) when trying to download Store items? A screenshot would be very helpful as well.
    "There was an error while downloading content. Please see the log for more details." (What log?!)

wireless.

Are you actually going to reply with something I can do to fix the problem? or are you just gonna collect these data?
  • Options
    WinterForevermoreWinterForevermore Posts: 164 Member
    edited August 2010
    Hi everyone,

For those of you who are having issues downloading items from the TS3 Store, please provide the following to help us investigate:

Thanks Simmers.

1. Windows XP
    2. Nothing will download.
    3. I have the latest patch for the base game, both EPS, and the SP.
    4. "There was an error while downloading content. Please see the log for more details."
    5. Wired connection. I have Hughesnet. My game runs perfect; I just can't download anything. Also, I never had any problems with the store until Ambitions.
  • Options
    DaeldaDaelda Posts: 403 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Now the good news is I managed to get mine to download properly. All I did to change this was adjust my connects in both Firefox and IE.

Here is how to do this in Firefox: Go to tools at the top, in the menu bar. Select options. Select the advanced panel. In the connections area, select settings. I changed mine to auto-detect.

Now for IE. Click the tools button. Select internet options. Click on the connections tab. Click on lan settings. Here I also used Auto-detect settings.

It worked like a charm for me. I really hope that this helps many of you out there. Happy Simming!

Did not fix anything for me, unfortunately. Thanks for trying though.
  • Options
    atheneumatheneum Posts: 1
    edited August 2010
    Hey SimGuruHydra

Windows Vista

Base, WA and Ambitions

All free items, Provence set

What version of the game are you running?

I get no error message.

Other info. I have done a reinstall before and I had the same issue but I was just missing the newest update of the download manager. This time I've searched it out and I cant find any newer version than what I have right now.
  • Options
    NicjamezNicjamez Posts: 425 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Hi everyone,

Thanks Simmers.

I'm having an issue with the Dr. Pepper Items not downloading. Everything else appears to download correctly.

Windows 7 Professional
    Sims 3 normal edition, World Adventures, High End Loft stuff pack, and Ambitions
    Dr. Pepper reward Items
    What error message are you seeing (if any) when trying to download Store items?
    No error code comes up, just opens launcher and does not download the item.
    It is not my internet connection since it will not work at another location either. One connection is Comcast other is AT&T DSL. I was able to download the Dr. Pepper reward items back in May 2010. I did an uninstall of the game deleted any left over folders and still the same issue. If the Dr. Pepper items had the save as file feature like the other items, then I'd be able to download.
  • Options
    darkgoddessdarkgoddess Posts: 1,372 New Member
    edited August 2010
    this error only happens to me when i try to download a lot of things (alot like more than 3 at a time) to the launcher. in fact i can get it to give me that error almost everytime by clicking multiple items to downoad. but if i download one item at a time it works.. however when i did get that error. i found closing out the launcher, then opening up the launcher again, THEN clicking what i wanted to download worked.

oh yes and a "save file" feature for the store would probably solve some of the problems here, i hope they implement one as it would make downloading and installing faster as well.
  • Options
    kkoonkkoon Posts: 71 Member
    edited August 2010
    Windows Vista
    Sims 3 Base Game, World Adventures and Ambitions
    Dr. Pepper reward Item Retro Ride
    I do not get an error code. When I click the link to download, the launcher opens and then does nothing. All other items I have been able to download with no problems.
  • Options
    TheJoeBrosTheJoeBros Posts: 1
    edited August 2010
    What platform/OS are you using? Mac OS X Snow Leopard
    Which EPs/SPs do you have installed? All Of Them
    Immaculate Marcos Female Shoes, Young Adult
    What version of the game are you running? You can see this on the bottom left of your Launcher? 4.2.32.007001
    What error message are you seeing (if any) when trying to download Store items? A screenshot would be very helpful as well. Please Try Again Later,
    Please Fix
  • Options
    Stephanie814Stephanie814 Posts: 2
    edited August 2010
    I'm using Windows 7
    I have Sims 3, WA, HEL,& SA
    There is no error message, just content will download, say its installed but when you go to use it, its not there.
    Im downloading clothing, hair and furniture
  • Options
    AuroraDreamAuroraDream Posts: 34 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Still having the exact same problem. I got my first error prompt when trying to download in game. Most of the time it downloads and has a no show in my game then appears in the download bin to download again.
    Any update on the progress of fixing this?
  • Options
    Kyoru4Kyoru4 Posts: 6
    edited August 2010
    Windows XP
    All of them.
    Bow Toe shoes.
    What error message are you seeing (if any) when trying to download Store
    items?

None, it just won't start.
  • Options
    NiralynNiralyn Posts: 755 Member
    edited August 2010
    Hi everyone,

Thanks Simmers.

What platform/OS are you using? Windows XP, SP3
    Which EPs/SPs do you have installed? Base Game+World Adventures
    What items are you trying to download? Two Daily Deal Purchases: Pump Me Shoes and the Gothique Living + Sleep as a set (I could only download them one-by-one)
    What version of the game are you running? You can see this on the bottom left of your Launcher (it will say Version: 4.0.00.000000 for example)2.9.10.007001
    What error message are you seeing (if any) when trying to download Store items? A screenshot would be very helpful as well. There aren't any error messages. Trying to d/l the Pump Me Shoes opens the Launcher (or its window, if already open), but the d/l does not commence. Trying to d/l the Gothique Set does nothing--no discernible change.
    Any other details like internet connection would be helpful as well. My internet connection is AT&T DSL using an ethernet connection (line for desktop, not wireless). I've tried using IE8, Firefox 3.6.1; clearing the cache of the browsers; clearing the Sims 3 caches for the games; rebooting the computer in combination with all of these steps; everything the Troubleshooting article recommended... and so on.
    **I've contacted Customer Service about this issue multiple times, because they keep closing the tickets, and this last time they have simply NOT RESPONDED. [Running on >96 hours now...] :x
  • Options
    Midgetgem1807Midgetgem1807 Posts: 2
    edited August 2010
    I was having the same problem for ages. I could download stuff on another user account on my computer. Then i realised i was using Google Chrome on the other name. Thats what solved my problem. I used google chrome instead of Internet Explorer 8!! Hope this works for you! : )
  • Options
    Lauren51888Lauren51888 Posts: 1
    edited August 2010
    For Windows users. I disabled pop-up blocker in Internet Explorer, then attempted downloading Riverview. It first updated my Sims 3 program. After that I rebooted my system. Then I signed in to my Sims account online and went to Purchase History. Now it allowed a succesful download of Riverview.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    edited August 2010
    Finally just was able to install store item that has been sitting in my purchase history refusing to budge.

Others may be able to as well now.

give it a try!
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    aizjanikaaizjanika Posts: 56 Member
    edited August 2010

Windows 7 64-bit

I have Sims 3, High-End Loft Stuff, World Adventures, and Ambitions. [For unknown reasons, Ambitions stopped working recently. I got an error whenever I tried to start the game. I had to uninstall and reinstall everything again. I currently have just Sims 3 (original game) installed and am trying to download items I previously purchased. Firefox will not allow me to download anything at all. Chrome allowed me to download some items, but not all. I tried Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer. None worked for the following items. I'll be reinstalling the expansion packs over the next few days.]

The items I still cannot download are:

Princess Tiara
    Halloween Treats
    Toyota Prius
    Coffee Maker thing (When I click on "details" for this item, I get an error page.)
    The Complete Castle by Castle Kits Inc.

The items don't download. I don't receive any error message. The game launcher opens and the item doesn't download. (It won't work it at all if I have the game launcher open already. No items will download if I do that.)

I have a cable modem and have a hard-wired connection. I also have a DSL wireless connection. I tried both and was able to download some items from the store with the DSL wireless connection. I am not sure why my faster connection did not work.
  • Options
    NellasNellas Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Microsoft XP

The Sims 3

Hair and clothes

What version of the game are you running? You can see this on the bottom left of your Launcher

'There was an error when downloading content. Please see the log for more details.'

Other details
    tried downloading using both mozilla firefox and Internet explorer but both failed :(
  • Options
    SpiderHawkSpiderHawk Posts: 241 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Hi everyone,

Thanks Simmers.

I have the latest version of Windows OS with all updates but use Firefox, with all updates, as my browser, as it gives me little problem compared to IE.

I have installed Sims3, World Adventures and High End Loft Stuff but it will only let me open my game to play if I have HELS in the drive.

Version 3.5.8.007001 of the game HELS.

I bought hair for my baby Sim out of the online store and it downloaded and installed but it is nowhere to be found on my game. I looked in buy mode, shop mode, family inventory etc and can't find it. I don't want my baby to be bald.
    Where is the hair? Where are the other items I bought from the online store?

Not seeing an error message at all, as it says it successfully downloaded and installed. I just can't find that item and a few others-and yes I have to money needed to purchase it.

Highspeed connection-wireless router. Great connection.

Don't have a screen shot and have no idea how to do one.

• Options
    mynxella1mynxella1 Posts: 19 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Windows 7 Home

All

Exterior Castle items I purchased a while ago.

The is no error message. The items just won't download or install. Everything else I purchased installs without a problem.

I'm using Clear as an ISP. I just want to download the items I purchased or a refund.
  • Options
    SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    edited August 2010
    Is anyone with Hughesnet able to get store items to download? Also, has anyone been able to get it to work with google chrome?
  • Options
    MaryJosMaryJos Posts: 4,935 Member
    edited August 2010
    Suceress wrote:
    Is anyone with Hughesnet able to get store items to download? Also, has anyone been able to get it to work with google chrome?

Nope, doesn't work in google chrome and explorer...