Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

There was an error Downloading Content {0}

Comments

• Options
    MickieFoxMickieFox Posts: 2,928 Member
    edited August 2010
    Hi everyone,

For those of you who are having issues downloading items from the TS3 Store, please provide the following to help us investigate:

What platform/OS are you using?
    Which EPs/SPs do you have installed?
    What items are you trying to download?
    What version of the game are you running? You can see this on the bottom left of your Launcher (it will say Version: 4.0.00.000000 for example)
    What error message are you seeing (if any) when trying to download Store items? A screenshot would be very helpful as well.
    Any other details like internet connection would be helpful as well.

Thanks Simmers.

I use Windows XP
    I have all the EPs/SPs available.
    I cannot download the Pump Me Shoes and a couple other items that were gifted to me.
    I am running game version 4.2.32.007001
    No error message. It just won't download to the launcher.
    My internet connection is wireless and I have no problem dl'ing other stuff and most of the store items dl'd just fine.
  • Options
    MrMarquisMrMarquis Posts: 10
    edited August 2010
    My bet is that it's due to our ping (Ping Plotter will give you yours to the EA site if you care to know that on sat. it's 2000 or more miliseconds) Satallite has a very high latency and, that cannot be helped because our signal cannot travel beyond the speed of light. It must go from our dish to the sky, to the gateway, back to the sky or to it's destination if ground routing is closests from our assinged gateway. Then reverse the mess to get to us again, that is generally 20 to 50 hops and at least two trips into or from space. If we get to 500 MS we hit it right with no other trafic anywhere enroute. DSL averages 300 ms or less, while 1500-1700 is our average, 3000 at worst and 500 at best for us.

That makes some DL servers think our connection is too unstable for it to allow the download. Our connection is quite stable, weather and ISP maint. excepted) Just had a high latency is all but, serves can't see why we have that latency so, think it's due to disconnect - reconnect, or try to reset the connection to speed us up, which fiails of course so, we cant DL because the server thinks we have an unstable connection.

My problem only started when trying to download the extra items included with the purchase of Ambitions. Our Hughes Net satellite service is generally not too great, coupled with a horrible wireless signal due to the mess of aluminum ducting around my room, yet I had no difficulty downloading beforehand.

Granted some members' problems could be caused by high ping, but others have also been saying it only started happening after updating. Either way, something is definitely messed up somewhere.
  • Options
    asenkahasenkah Posts: 35 New Member
    edited August 2010
    FIXED AS OF 8/20

EPs/SPs: WA and Ambitions. No SPs
    Items: Pump Me, Lips of Loveseat & Retro Ride
    Version: 4.2.32.007001
    Error message: None. Launcher will open then do nothing.
    Other details: ISP roadrunner cable 10/1
    Cannot download from in-game download dashboard either. Will sit for extended period just saying downloading or queued for download. I have successfully downloaded other items during the same time persiod I have been unable to get these two specific items.

EDIT: added another item to list...
    EDIT2: note on problem resolved on 8/20
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    LostlillyLostlilly Posts: 19
    edited August 2010
    Hi everyone,

For those of you who are having issues downloading items from the TS3 Store, please provide the following to help us investigate:

What version of the game are you running? You can see this on the bottom left of your Launcher (it will say Version: 4.0.00.000000 for example)
    What error message are you seeing (if any) when trying to download Store items? A screenshot would be very helpful as well.

Thanks Simmers.

i am using toshiba , vista 32 bits (meets the requirments and more)
    i have sims3 , wa, and ambisions installed
    for now i am trying to download the freebiez comz with regestering my games until i can download them then i can spend my points on shop like downloading rever view and stuff like that
    the latest version is on 4.2

my internet connection is dsl upgraded from 1 mb to 8 mb i dont have any problems with my connection downloading otherthings its really fast one and my pc is up to date when it coms to its programs.. i hope this link works below

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/5053/errordownloading.jpg
  • Options
    CrimsonrainCrimsonrain Posts: 405 Member
    edited August 2010
    I just wonder why it is that EA still bring out new items in store to buy when they know there is a problem downloading it? It makes me so freakin mad!
  • Options
    xSkylliaOceanxSkylliaOcean Posts: 24 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Windows 7 - home premium
    Base game and WA only

Comfortable and Comfortable skirt other items

TWO error messages. I click download and the download doesn't even show up in the launcher, I've tried to download it via game/ dashboard also, but it is just stuck on 'downloading...' I have the files back-ed up, when I copy.paste them direct into the downloads folder on the game, it doesn't install and comes up with that the installation failed, and that i need to check my software is updated. (which it is)I've also tried downloading a free store item to see if I can buy new items, It didn't download correctly, and I got "There was an error Downloading Content please see the log"

My internet is fine and my game is up to date.
  • Options
    Polly75Polly75 Posts: 814 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Now my launcher is broken too... I was able to download and install a gift this morning, and a few hours later i was gifted again and this item just won't download. It just doesn't make any sense! Sometimes I've had problems installing, but it usually works after a couple of times.

This is what happends:

My launcher opens, the tab for "downloads" opens... then... nothing.

Then I have this other problem (related?). I downloaded a couple of lots and when I'd done so there was a warning triange the item that said that the download contain EP things I didn't have. But, I was fine with that, since the items would be replaced by other stuff. The strange thing was that I noticed that those lots showed up as downloads "not installed" again, even though I had installed them. Then, every time when I went to the "installed content" tab, the launcher broke down with a "run error message" and must be shut down. I finally (after a couple of tries, since the launcher gave me error messages) managed to uninstall the lots. Unfourtunatly it didn't solve the problems, so I'm not completly sure it has something to do with that, but there is definatly something wrong with the launcher... and it might be related to downloading stuff I don't have in game.

Still, it's annoying it works at one time, and the next it doesn't?

I have Windows 7, 64-bit. WA, latest patch (2.9 something).

I have now tried with several items fron store, none of them works. Downloading from the exchange works though. :evil:

How do I check if my EA download manager is up to date by the way? Can that be an issue?

Edit: I tried with a free set today, and it worked. :shock: Then I tried with some other pay items I already have - no luck. I've tried both with IE 8 and Mozilla Firefox.
  • Options
    lleighindianalleighindiana Posts: 27 New Member
    edited August 2010
    I have Wildblue satellite internet. I confess I know little about computers and internet speeds, etc, but we have the Pro which is 1.5 Mbps (whatever that means!) So if it is my internet, then why was I allowed to download Riverview at some point in the game? Why is it causing trouble only since around May? My internet connection hasn't changed a whit.
  • Options
    JEANNEINTHEVALLEYJEANNEINTHEVALLEY Posts: 45 New Member
    edited August 2010

What platform/OS are you using? Windows Vista
    Which EPs/SPs do you have installed? WA and HELS
    What items are you trying to download? The Gothique Set and the Pump Me pumps, both from the Daily Deal
    What version of the game are you running? 3.5.8.007007 (newest update)
    What error message are you seeing (if any) when trying to download Store items? A screenshot would be very helpful as well. The pumps open the Game launcher and then nothing happens now, previously it downloaded but the status was a red circle with a line through it.
    Nothing happens when I click on the Gothique set - nothing at all
    I have a good connection and have downloaded many items fro the store with no problem.

• Options
    DragonlovPDragonlovP Posts: 20
    edited August 2010
    I posted a reply to this board earlier (it is on page 15 or 16) about not getting a single item since January 5, 2010. Today a decided to compile a list of what those items are. here is the list.

01/05/2010-Tomb sled Sleeper-Free
    01/05/2010-The Sleeker-Sleeper-Free
    01/05/2010-The Desert's End-Free
    01/05/2010-a picture that I can no longer get-Free
    01/05/2010-Fanta(R) Fridge-Free
    01/05/2010-Modern HDTV by Webbsta Industries-Free
    01/05/2010-Not-A-Street Floor Lamp-Free
    01/05/2010-Cellar Arch-Free
    01/05/2010-New Years Hat for Him-Free
    01/05/2010-New Years Hat for Her-Free
    02/25/2010-Eye of the Bolder '10-Free
    02/25/2010-Let there be Sims!-Free
    02/28/2010-a clothing item that I can no longer get-Free
    03/02/2010-The Sims Strike Back-Free
    03/02/2010-In The Dawn of Sims-Free
    03/02/2010-Full Ultra Lounge Set-1,900 SimPoints
    03/02/2010-Year of the Tiger-100 SimPoints

This is also when I first noticed the problem with the store, but I figured you would eventually fix it.

06/06/2010-Earth Day-Free
    06/06/2010-Goal!-Free
    06/12/2010-another item I can no longer get-Free
    06/21/2010-ECO Pack-Free

This is around the time that I noticed there was STILL a problem.

06/21/2010-Cow Goodie Pack-Free (I know it is not a download)
    06/22/2010-Mischief Makers' Bedrooms-1,250 SimPoints
    06/22/2010-Wilderness Bookshelf-75 SimPoints
    06/22/2010-Very Beary Table-50 SimPoints
    06/22/2010-Bronco 100HP Wall Light-25 SimPoints
    06/22/2010-Franny Bunny Light-25 SimPoints
    06/22/2010-Anna's Living Chair-100 SimPoints
    06/22/2010-Octagonal Wilderness Window-100 SimPoints
    06/22/2010-Faire Folk Outdoors-350 SimPoints
    07/05/2010-Adrenaline Rush-Free
    07/28/2010-Fiesta Urban Streetscape-Free

Hopefully this complete list will make someone actually fix this problem. I want these items! I will not purchase anymore SimPoints, Expansions, or stuff packs until this is fixed. After all, why should I? If you e-mail them to me. I would at least be happier. I have spent over $30 dollars in SimPoints since this has happened and my husband thinks I am an idiot to put any trust into a company. Please help me prove that he is wrong. Thank you for listening.
  • Options
    lynnythegreatlynnythegreat Posts: 406 Member
    edited August 2010
    I also have not been able to download any new items since June 4th. I bought 1000 sim points that day and started to download the new things for June and nothing would show up in the launcher - just a little circle with a slash through it and the size was 1k. I don't know what happened before the June items came out -- but I can still download items that were released prior to June 4th. I see all the new items they released this month and I wish I could buy them but I can't!!!! I don't understand why this website does not allow you to save the sim3pak to a file on your computer and then install it yourself like you can do with items from the exchange. It is so frustrating.

This company is losing a lot of money by not trying to fix this problem.
  • Options
    MaryJosMaryJos Posts: 4,935 Member
    edited August 2010
    I'm having the same problem but with the Dr Pepper items... They won't download in the launcher.

Edit: I just saw the thread from a sim guru :

What platform/OS are you using? Windows XP
    Which EPs/SPs do you have installed? all of them (Base, Hels, WA and Ambitions)
    What items are you trying to download? Dr Pepper Boots
    What version of the game are you running? 4.2.32.007017
    What error message are you seeing (if any) when trying to download Store items? No error message, it just won't download when I press download, the launcher comes up but nothing happens.

Here is a screen shot :

Thumbnail_128x128.png
  • Options
    SmalpSmalp Posts: 2,905 New Member
    edited August 2010
    What platform/OS are you using? I'm using a windows 7 laptop
    Which EPs/SPs do you have installed? Base game, world adventure, high end loft, ambitions
    What items are you trying to download? Daily deal 07/29/10 Gothique Living + Sleeping Rooms and 08/03/10 Pump Me, dr pepper promo Burning Time Clock
    What version of the game are you running? You can see this on the bottom left of your Launcher (it will say Version: 4.0.00.000000 for example) 4.2.32.007001
    What error message are you seeing (if any) when trying to download Store items? A screenshot would be very helpful as well. It start up my sim 3 launcher but it doesnt start to download it
    System detail:
    intel i5 m520 2.4 g
    4 g ram
    Geforce GT330m
  • Options
    WELSHMINXWELSHMINX Posts: 13,672 New Member
    edited August 2010
    I am using windows vista
    I have base game,wa,hels and ambitions
    I'm trying to download pump me shoes
    version 4.0.87.006001
    no error message just wont download!everything else downloads fine.
  • Options
    DaeldaDaelda Posts: 403 New Member
    edited August 2010

Windows 7 64-bit

World Adventures, High End Lot Stuff and Ambitions

Pump Me pumps - from the Daily Deal three days ago. Edit: I was just gifted Aviator Vintage and am experiencing the same problem with it. Edit 2(8/12/10): Was just gifted the Bow Toe - same problem.

No error message. I click on the "Download Again" button...and nothing happens. I believe that the first time, the launcher came up...but nothing downloaded.

High speed Cable internet connection. No problem downloading several other recent purchases, including a point bundle today and the included item, and items over the last several days. I tried to download the Pump Me pumps with both Firefox 3.6.8 and Internet Explorer 8. Edit(8/12/10): No problems with other recent purchases or gifts, with the exceptions noted above. Still unable to download the problem items.
  • Options
    BadKittenBadKitten Posts: 150 New Member
    edited August 2010

Vista Ultimate 64Bit

Only original The Sims 3

Items I purchased and that for some reason are no longer in my game: The Shaggy Look for Toddlers, Long Wavy Hair. Items I downloaded for free and are no longer in the game/never downloaded: Riverview, Eye of the Bolder ‘10, Happy Holiday Presents, Harvest Bounty, Adrenaline Rush, In the Dawn of Sims, The Sims Strike Back, Let there be Sims!, Weba Yayfoo!, Earth Day.

What version of the game are you running? You can see this on the bottom left of your Launcher (it will say Version: 4.0.00.000000 for example).

Version: 1.14.11.007001

I am not seeing any error message. The only thing I see is:

th_TheSims3error.jpg
    th_TheSims3error12.jpg

When I go to my downloads and installed content tabs all I get are blank pages. As though I had never downloaded and installed these items. (they're not in the game):

th_TheSims3error11.jpg th_TheSims3error1.jpg

I have Time Warner Cable (in NYC). 905955043.png

I also used pingplotter as recommended by a previous poster (thank you for the site link btw) and everything is fine. No latency issues whatsoever, everything was in the green.

I uninstalled and reinstalled EA Download Manager (directly from the EA site) and no luck.

I'm not entirely sure on this but I'm starting to think it might have been the patch. I last played early June I think it was and everything was working just fine. After installing the update, I've been having the not being able to download anything from the store issue as well.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited August 2010
    Desktop Windows Vista 64 bit

World Adventures,Ambitions and High End Loft Sp

The lips of love seat from Dr Pepper which is in my purchase history

My game version is 4.2.32.007001

My launcher version is 1.55. I get an adolpe message wanting me to upgrade to 2.00.

No error message. It goes thru the downloading process but the item won't show up in the launcher.

I have dsl.
  • Options
    juelle_loujuelle_lou Posts: 580 Member
    edited August 2010

Windows Vista 32bit

World Adventures, Ambitions, High-End Loft stuff

Daily Deal Gothic Living+Sleeping set. Dr. Pepper Items; Black Boots, Neon Bunny Sign, Burning Time Clock, Female Cowboy Hat.
    Thing I don't understand is that I was redeeming other Dr. Pepper in the same session and they did download.
    Same thing with the Gothic set, I purchased the Hacienda Luxury at full price and it downloaded fine.

What version of the game are you running?

What error message are you seeing (if any) when trying to download Store items?
    Nothing at all, I click on the download button and the launcher loads up but the items in question never download.

1500/256kbps ADSL

I hope you can help us Gurus :cry:
  • Options
    RoseHaliwellRoseHaliwell Posts: 20 New Member
    edited August 2010
    I am running Vista
    I have The Sims 3 Highend Loft and Sims 3 World Adventures
    I am trying to download the Princess Tiara hair style
    The version is 3.5.8.007001
    No error messages show up everything else is downloading but this hair style
  • Options
    UntaintedsinUntaintedsin Posts: 1
    edited August 2010
    Windows 7
    World Adventures and Ambitions
    Hair and clothes, also the sets that come with the EPs
    What version of the game are you running? You can see this on the bottom left of your Launcher
    "There was an error while downloading the content. Please see the Log for more details."

Please help :(
  • Options
    Snowhawke9Snowhawke9 Posts: 192 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Windows XP 3
    Sims 3 High End Loft World Adventures and Ambitions
    the daily deal Gothique Living + Sleeping Rooms last week
    What version of the game are you running? You can see this on the bottom left of your Launcher
    No error message. It was the normal 'do you have sims 3 installed", item downloading" , 'click to close' messages.

It took the 475 points, but nothing downloaded, and the item did say "you own this item download again". Since nothing downloaded I tried again and it didn't work.
    I came back later to try again and it said "buy now".
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    edited August 2010
    I posted here earlier. My problem like some others is with a specific item i was gifted. Different items for each.

I have received more than 3 answers from support all with pretty much the same advice and none working.

I asked if they could just re-send me the item to try or credit me the cost. It was only a 25 point item but still should be addressed. So far my suggestion has been ignored.

Just look at my account page EA. You can see the item there and none of the others have been a problem to download/install? And there are many. Some gifts and some my own purchases.

Soon please?
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    YeshanuYeshanu Posts: 89 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Hi everyone,

Thanks Simmers.

I'm still having trouble with the shoes that were a daily deal a few days back. Nothing else (today's deal loaded fine), just the shoes.

OS is Windows Vista. Browser Firefox.

Version is 4.2.32.007001

I have WA and Ambitions and HELS installed.

No error message. It simply will not download at all.

Is this going to get fixed anytime soon? I heard they were working on it, and it would take 24 to 48 hours. That was three days ago...
  • Options
    MaryJosMaryJos Posts: 4,935 Member
    edited August 2010
    Any idea on when this is going to be fixed ?
  • Options
    r3mr3m Posts: 1,723 Member
    edited August 2010
    This is my problem: I claimed the Lagomorph in Neon using my Dr. Pepper code and I'm unable to download it because it ISN'T in my purchase history.

Windows XP SP3
    World Adventures, Ambitions and High-End Loft Stuff.
    Lagomorph in Neon
    What version of the game are you running?)
    Pics and more info, here. No guru has answered me, no tech support :x !