Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should Zombies Make A Return?

Comments

• Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    The question made me feel quite nostalgic. I have such vivid memories of despising everything about Zombies in TS3. I guess if they were nothing like that in any shape, manner or form, I might reconsider. But there is still the rotting body, including the brain, so that would be a challenge ... I guess they could stay smart by eating other Sims' BRAINS.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Love the idea. And human Sims should actually be able to defend themselves this time. The witches can freeze them in 3, and the zombies go away, but what about normal Sims? Perhaps a zombie cure they can load into a non-lethal weapon? I know they won't let you go and kill them.
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Hey why not both? Mummies vs zombies?😂😂😂

So...dry zombies vs. wet zombies...?
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    Hey why not both? Mummies vs zombies?😂😂😂

That might be an idea... not sure how apocalypse ties in with ancient Egypt, tho.
  • Options
    Although shouldn't mummies have come from that exploration pack?
  • Options
    Here's a new idea: monster pack. It features bests that are on the hunt- zombies, mummies, maybe sorcerers turned insane, whatever- and your mission is to get past them all to find the cure. If they catch you, your Sim will suffer the effects of the infection until it overtakes the Sims, unless they grab the cure in time. Different monsters have different attack speeds and damages. Similar to SV, but more treacherous. Throw in whatever other creatures you want.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
  • Options
    Like ghost and PØŞŞ€ŞŞ€Đ, zombie should be available for any occult.

I would personally make it harder to get rid of the disease, like something has to cure or kill the zombie to stop it.
  • Options
    RandomTokenCodeRandomTokenCode Posts: 184 Member
    I would rather get a strangerville refresh :'(
  • Options
    talongirl6talongirl6 Posts: 184 Member
    Yes, I would want zombies in The Sims 4! I think they would be cool to have back. I just wouldn't want them to eat plants like they used to. I think it would be better to just have them go after Sims instead so that the plants would actually be able to grow properly.

As long as they get a similar treatment to vampires and werewolves, I think zombies would be a great addition! It would be cool to level up a zombie so that they could be more powerful or something.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    talongirl6 wrote: »
    Yes, I would want zombies in The Sims 4! I think they would be cool to have back. I just wouldn't want them to eat plants like they used to. I think it would be better to just have them go after Sims instead so that the plants would actually be able to grow properly.

As long as they get a similar treatment to vampires and werewolves, I think zombies would be a great addition! It would be cool to level up a zombie so that they could be more powerful or something.

Plants will grow properly but the sims will grow wonky due to loss of brain matter.
  • Options
    Strangerville zombies? That would be awesome.

Might also be cool if you could play the disease host as well, but they'd probably nerf that.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    talongirl6 wrote: »

😂😂😂😂😂
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited July 2022
    Zombies sounds fun and OTT exactly how the sims should be 🤣 unfortunately alien abductions don't happen much lol
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 550 Member
    > @RandomTokenCode said:
    > I would rather get a strangerville refresh :'(

Do you mean zombies as part of a Strangerville refresh (color me intrigued), or just a Strangerville refresh generally?

I like doing the Zombie Apocalypse Challenge in the Sims 4, even if it is insanely hard. But I just create sims with weird skin colors, Get Famous zombie makeup and violent personalities. I'm not sure a whole new pack would be a massive improvement over that, not to the point that I would buy a pack for it.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    RandomTokenCodeRandomTokenCode Posts: 184 Member
    Eleri wrote: »
    > @RandomTokenCode said:
    > I would rather get a strangerville refresh :'(

Do you mean zombies as part of a Strangerville refresh (color me intrigued), or just a Strangerville refresh generally?

I like doing the Zombie Apocalypse Challenge in the Sims 4, even if it is insanely hard. But I just create sims with weird skin colors, Get Famous zombie makeup and violent personalities. I'm not sure a whole new pack would be a massive improvement over that, not to the point that I would buy a pack for it.

The possessed sim is the manifestation of zombies in the Sims 4. They should improve the epidemiology instead of random transfers in the stages of exploring strangerville secrets and refine infection phrases with various symptoms. Additionally, they can add more CAS detail for lesions (the traditional zombie makeup).
  • Options
    I want an all-out zombie vs survivalist pack, tho. Now that we have werewolves, the zombies could use the animations to scratch at the doors and walls, and make your Sim flee first time they appear.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I want an all-out zombie vs survivalist pack, tho. Now that we have werewolves, the zombies could use the animations to scratch at the doors and walls, and make your Sim flee first time they appear.

Exactly this!!
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    This mod doesn't seem to work, but wouldn't this concept be great?

https://snootysims.com/wiki/sims-4/zombie-apocalypse-mod/
  • Options
    DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 299 Member
    Nikkih wrote: »
    Zombies are definitely not everyone's cup of tea, I think if they do come back they are zombies with a bit of intelligence
    Did vote no, not necessarily because Zombies not my cup of tea, enjoy playing night of the dead and other zombie games. But mostly think it's not going to transition well into sims 4, with all this happy street vibes and nothing can really be very scary. I just don't see how zombies would work well in that setting and not just be something like strangerville that we already got.
  • Options
    Nikkih wrote: »
    Zombies are definitely not everyone's cup of tea, I think if they do come back they are zombies with a bit of intelligence
    Did vote no, not necessarily because Zombies not my cup of tea, enjoy playing night of the dead and other zombie games. But mostly think it's not going to transition well into sims 4, with all this happy street vibes and nothing can really be very scary. I just don't see how zombies would work well in that setting and not just be something like strangerville that we already got.

Boo. :p I would ditch Strangerville for this.
  • Options
    JinxIndigoJinxIndigo Posts: 45 Member
    > @Nikkih said:
    > The sims 3 zombies 🧟‍♂️ 🧟‍♀️ were annoying eating all the plants 🤣 I wouldn't want them like that either
    Agreed. I used to just turn off zombies because it started to be annoying after a while. I didmt count how many of my beautifull crops destroyed :(
    A playable zombie with more gameplay than just annoying plant eating mechanism? Why not?
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    :s:s:s:s
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Yes, but I would prefer something like TS2 zombies over whatever happened with TS3's zombies. Rising from the ground and eating plants? No. Rather have the sim, thanks.
  • Options
    Oh my gosh. All I had to do was have plants inside, and all the zombies did was mope around. Now, I also found in TS3 that you can make zombies dance by playing music somewhere outside. How "scary" is that?