Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should Zombies Make A Return?

Comments

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    No, never ever!
    I never liked Zombies in my Sims 3 Supernatural. :s Zombies are creepy gross in a very bad way. :s
    No Thank you!
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,050 Member
    edited June 2022
    I for one like the zombies EXCEPT the eating the plants thing, that was annoying. I always thought that the zombies should have pawed at doors that were locked to them. Sims 2 had the best zombies.
    Post edited by redrogue60 on
    β€œAll mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I for one like the zombies EXCEPT the eating the plants thing, that was annoying. I always thought that the zombies should have pawed at doors that were locked to them. Sims 2 had the nest zombies.

I hear a lot of players don't like zombies because they are traumatized that ts3 zombies ate their plants πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ so they are opposed to zombies but this is ts4! No ts4 occults are replicas of ts3. I know they are going to put a whole new spin on zombies and they will be 10 times better. All ts4 occults that get their own pack are amazing. πŸ‘ πŸ‘
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    In the werewolves pack there is a game option to only have werewolves in moonlight mills. If I had the option to confine zombies to the world that game with the pack then I would consider it. Zombies would be something I would want to play sometimes but not all the time. I would like an option to turn them off.

That being said I think a post apocalyptic world with zombies would be fun to play in. Having to clear out buildings and defeat zombies sounds like fun even if not my normal ay style.
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,404 Member
    I would love to have an apocalyptic/post apocalyptic pack with zombies--so long as we could toggle on/off or like Strangeville where it can be eventually cured.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Nikkih wrote: Β»
    Whenever it's resurrection gone wrong or just a brand new occult or both, what do you think ? And if so how would you want them back, I'm thinking they could be zombies with intelligence like the zombies from izombie and it would be good if it's caused by resurrection gone wrong

but not like in sims 3
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    No, I hated zombies in TS3 so much!
    Plus I'd rather have a(n active) singing career.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited June 2022
    This this thread is very interesting, I'm loving hearing your opinions on this subject, there's mixed love for bub from day of the dead πŸ€£πŸ§ŸπŸ‘¨β€βœˆοΈ
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I voted yes because whilst they arent my favourite Occult, they are the favourite of other people. I would like them to be implemented in a less annoying way or have a toggle per save or per lot though for my gardening hearts sanity lol.
  • Gecko420Gecko420 Posts: 245 Member
    Yes, because I highly doubt they'd be similar to TS3 zombies, I'm sure the devs are aware that they were annoying and would improve upon that, however it doesn't look like zombies will be making a comeback anytime soon let alone ever in ts4 due to lack of player demand. I have some good ideas on how they could incorporate zombies into the sims without making them too violet or inappropriate. I agree with OP they should be intelligent like the ones from Izombie. There's a few quirks I think they could pull off as well. I'd prefer if zombies came as a result of a potion, spell or experiment of sorts, make them customizable as well.
    t0j4i8.jpg
  • Gecko420Gecko420 Posts: 245 Member
    I for one like the zombies EXCEPT the eating the plants thing, that was annoying. I always thought that the zombies should have pawed at doors that were locked to them. Sims 2 had the nest zombies.

I hear a lot of players don't like zombies because they are traumatized that ts3 zombies ate their plants πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ so they are opposed to zombies but this is ts4! No ts4 occults are replicas of ts3. I know they are going to put a whole new spin on zombies and they will be 10 times better. All ts4 occults that get their own pack are amazing. πŸ‘ πŸ‘

Well said! these are the same people who didn't want werewolves because they thought they'd look the same as the ugly ones from TS3. I can guarantee if they would be a thousand times better than what we had in the past.
    t0j4i8.jpg
    edited June 2022
    The zombies would have to be gross though 🀣 and have their own social interactions, walk style and their voices different from other sims lol, the world could be inspired by the plants vs zombies world, add them in with humour not gore, I want them to have intelligence this time around aswell like bub πŸ˜‚ salute
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member

I'll say YES , but ...

Only if they're like Whitewalkers.
    Now, don't go all grumpy on me just because I mention GOT, I don't care whether or not folks absolutely hated the final season, I'm just saying Whitewalkers are cool undead because they have leaders who seem sort of intelligent. And they look like rockstars. And they have horses. But they're 100% undead horses. Pretty nice.

No, I'm not fond of plant-eating corpses...I don't like corpses at all, dead or alive. The worst thing is the sound of dead rotten teeth chewing on spinach leaves.
    But now we'll get Werebeasts. I do believe Sims 4 werebeasts are designed to get into your sim's garden and wreck the place similar to the way Sims 3 zombies wreck the garden. How ironic. No garden is safe in this game. Has it been fixed at all? :D

How would people who want zombies want zombies? How does this ranking system work?

I do like the suggestion of "resurrection gone wrong", but what I also think might be interesting is if they're part of an underworld gamepack wich could potentially include a Soul Reaper career. Perhaps low ranking Soul Reapers start off as low ranking, brain sucking zombies. Let's call these folks "Brain Collectors" since they're not yet experienced enough to collect souls.

If you take a look at our ol' pal Grim, that's basically a zombie wearing a cloak, right? I wonder, did he eat his own feet? Perhaps the answer is 'yes indeed'. Could the Black Grim Fog be a perk? I'd be interested in that kind of undead content. For funsies they could change the "Play With Life" slogan to: "Play With Death."

edited June 2022
    Even the toilets aren't safe from werewolves 🀣🀣 @CAPTAIN_NXR7 , I love the idea that resurrection can go wrong, after all resurrection is unnatural, they could add lots In this pack besides zombies, the Grim reaper career would go great and graveyards, comic books, ruin down furniture and clothing, a world with some premade zombies trying to get on with life as best they can, the full moon phases could perhaps change their behaviour that they go full on zombie mode, fighting sims for there brains again this wont kill them if the zombie wins, they can only turn people into zombies during a full moon, this can be cured, of course add toggles for this , perhaps if you have realm of magic theres more spells, their needs could be different, walk style and voice

Edit: or a just thought of something else the zombies could act and look like normal sims until the full moon
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    For those who enjoy them, sure. Me? I won't be getting a Zombies pack, since I'm not personally enamored with them, but I know a lot of people are crazy about them. So, yeah, us werewolf fans are getting ours, the zombie fans should get theirs next. Hopefully, sometime in the next year.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • MsMayMsMay Posts: 440 Member
    edited June 2022
    Yes, I don’t mind if zombies make a return. As long there is an option to keep them not appearing in all worlds (finally for werewolves option) & I hope it’ll be the same for all occult. They were kind of annoying in the sims 3 appearing out from the ground during the full moon, eating your sims garden, & etc.
  • LarrikatevenLarrikateven Posts: 99 Member
    I've gone back and forth about whether I'd want zombies or not. On one hand, I like the idea of zombies. They are a classic monster, and from some of the ideas in this thread, I can see how they might be implemented in the Sims 4 with a new spin to them to make them interesting to play.

On the other hand, they destroyed too many of my gardens in Sims 3. I never could quite figure out what to do with them anyways (and I was young enough to find them kind of scary the first few times they appeared). Mostly though, they were just kind of a nuisance until I got rid of them, so if they were to be added to the Sims 4, they would have to be re-envisioned from the ground up.

Considering this, right now I'm coming down on the side of not having zombies again. However, I like do like occult play, so if the Sims team was willing to introduce a different type of occult to the franchise, I might be more interested.
  • mewo13mewo13 Posts: 60 Member
    Unless they do something interesting, it's a no from me. Someone mentioned a Strangeville-esque game pack and that could work well. Heck, I'd probably buy it if the zombies we're threatening enough and the modding potential for real violence & horror is there.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited June 2022
    Zombies but with options like Vampires and Werewolves.

For example :
    • Brain obsession like TS3
    • Plant weakness : Plants vs Zombies
    • Regain humanity : Social interaction enabled like TS2
    • Mummy : Behave like a mummy
    • Group dance : Michael Jackson's Thriller
    • Day resistance : Instead of sleeping 6 feet under until the next night, they keep to wander.

With cross-pack :
    • Get To Work : Z-Virus serum for Scientist career
    • Realm of Magic : Necromancy spells for Spellcaster (create and control zombies)

This time our adorable cowplants could keep home safe by eating zombies autonomously and make them leave.

The Voodoo doll could also turn a ghost into zombie.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2022
    I really don’t like zombies at all, but I would not be mad IF their existence were optional, AND if they were not annoying and invasive like in the past.

There needs to be a toggle for me, because I really, really do not like zombies, no matter what game, movie, etc, unless they are like a Monster High student, lol.

(Zombies, in general, in whatever media or medium, are too gross and creepy for me. I have played video games where I sometimes have to kill undead/zombies, so I would be pretty destructive against any zombies like that in any sims games, lol.)

I would hope there are cheats to turn them back or ways to avoid the existence of zombies entirely.

I also remembered being annoyed with zombies invading my sims’ property and getting to the crops in Sims 3, and I had to use cheats/mods to turn them back into humans. I don’t want more invasive occults, thank you.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Just don't have them kill plants again, zombies don't eat plants.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    edited June 2022
    If you gave me a choice between zombies and mummies I’d have to pick mummies. I just think they would have better gameplay scope (curses etc) plus I’m really curious to see how an Egyptian world would look in the Sims 4. I feel zombies are a bit too close to the possessed from SV but I wouldn’t be too upset if we got them eventually.
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    That might depend on what they do, and what setting they're in. SV seemed more paranormal, zombies are not always in such a situation. They could also be found in Space, or even in an apocalyptic base- sort of like a cross between eco lifestyle and Sims 3's Oasis Landing, but different.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I'd pick Mummies also. Plus, it would be so cool for Sims 4 to finally get Egypt.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Hey why not both? Mummies vs zombies?πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(