Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should Zombies Make A Return?

NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
edited June 2022 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Whenever it's resurrection gone wrong or just a brand new occult or both, what do you think ? And if so how would you want them back, I'm thinking they could be zombies with intelligence like the zombies from izombie and it would be good if it's caused by resurrection gone wrong
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Should Zombies Make A Return? 130 votes

Yes
42% 55 votes
No
57% 75 votes

Comments

• Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    edited June 2022
    I love everything occult except zombies. I just don't like undead things that look so gross. I have no desire for them whatsoever. If they do come, I hope it will be in a dedicated GP for those who do want them. That way people like me who don't want zombies can skip them without having to skip other features.
  • Options
    Zombies are definitely not everyone's cup of tea, I think if they do come back they are zombies with a bit of intelligence
  • Options
    SkyrryxSkyrryx Posts: 201 Member
    edited June 2022
    I prefer to have TS2 zombies and not TS3 zombies. They were fun to play (different, but fun , and the special scolarship in University and the methode to create one! <3 ).
    Thank you @83bienchen for modding the game. Whims Overhaul is essential for my gameplay.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I like occults, but I don't miss zombies. The infected people from strangerville are zombie like enough.
  • Options
    The sims 3 zombies 🧟‍♂️ 🧟‍♀️ were annoying eating all the plants 🤣 I wouldn't want them like that either
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    For my my own games? Nah, I don't want any zombies. They're my absolutely least favorite kind of monster in any media ever, whether they were created by curse or by science gone wrong. Well, I do enjoy an occasional viewing of the original Night of the Living Dead, but... that's sort of in its own universe, in my opinion. :sunglasses:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Hmmm... I did vote yes but I'd like them to come as a disease infection, which would spread to other sims who get autonomously bitten and our own sims would be in danger from them at night time. Kind of barricading their homes against a zombie invasion.

But I wouldn't like it as a main gameplay element. Either with a toggle to switch it all off or confined to a world like Strangerville. So we could play through a zombies-taking-over-the-world scenario when we feel like it and avoid it when we don't want it.

But I doubt if they would come back as dangerous and gruesome as I would like them to be so I should probably have voted no.
  • Options
    yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Why? In the name of the Builder: just why?
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I've never been a fan of Zombies. Not as monsters, certainly not as villains, and most definitely not as something I want to play.

But then, I don't have to buy the pack if they do make Zombies (unless they make them as part of an expansion pack) and as post apocalyptic also isn't my thing, I doubt I'll be missing out on much.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    I actually loved the sims 2 zombies but we could have an option for a cure if we wanted, I love the idea that resurrection can go 2 ways
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited June 2022
    Idk

only really when I am playing with strangerville things
    because possessed folk remind me of zombies
    so like maybe i would like lot challenge to summon possessed folk to lot of choice
    and maybe like some body/face details and clothing i could use to make them look even more zombie
    and yeah maybe they could actually turn sims into part of mothers army if summoned through lot challenge
    and sure i guess spellcasters could have zombiefy spell and curing them or something

but I sure wouldn't want them like ts3 ones running on my vampires backyard doing basically nothing but being annoying
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Nikkih wrote: »
    I actually loved the sims 2 zombies but we could have an option for a cure if we wanted, I love the idea that resurrection can go 2 ways
    I agree that would make resurrecting sims way more fun. Though I'm wondering how it would work if the sim was already an occult. Perhaps they would then lose their occult status. Now I almost want to change my answer to yes, because I think they could find a way to make zombies interesting.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    I was thinking for there needs, hunger can be replaced by brains, the hygiene goes down quickier, when they first meet sims the relationship starts always negative, the zombies can still attack sims without getting gory, the zombies bites could help their hunger and they can fight sims for brains, there could be a brain that ends up in their inventory that they can eat, this doesn't kill the sim they get a dazed moodlet and need to go to sleep, also they can get special drinks aswell to solve their brain hunger
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    I don’t care for them and wouldn’t play them, but if others want them I wouldn’t get in a tizzy over it.
  • Options
    musteni wrote: »
    Nikkih wrote: »
    I agree that would make resurrecting sims way more fun. Though I'm wondering how it would work if the sim was already an occult. Perhaps they would then lose their occult status. Now I almost want to change my answer to yes, because I think they could find a way to make zombies interesting.

It would take their original occult status off them, they have been resurrected wrong
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited June 2022
    Zombie lovers unite!! I know zombies are not the most popular because people think they are ugly plant eaters 😅
    I think there are more zombie fans outside of this forum. I follow tons on Tumblr and in the gallery.
    I wrote out a long list of awesome stuff they could include with them in several threads before so I'm lazy to write it again lol. But in short I do think there is a lot that could be done with the apocalyptic theme as a whole! I think if they were to give zombies their own pack the apocalyptic theme would give us a lot of content in itself. All about survival similar to the walking dead.
    (No I don't actually like that show. Zombie highschool is better)
    I personally like the classic residential evil virus outbreak theme but there are many other ways to go about zombies and thats where the sims team creativity comes in! I never got to play zombies in any past sims game. I set up the perfect post apocalyptic world and houses in preparation for them but I missed ts4, and my ts4 sims too much.

but I love the idea like ts3 where they rise based on the lunar cycle?
    Then my sims would to plot, plan, and keep track of time and moon cycles to effectly make sure they are indoors and everything is safely barricaded. They would go food and supply hunting during safe hours.
    Zombies would really bring that feeling of danger ts4 is missing. Everything is so safe and happy unless I really go out of my way to force something lol. Safe is nice but it doesn't feel rewarding without the danger.
    They don't have to eat sims or anything, as long as they are around and some type of threat that's enough. Horses are needed here too! Walking dead style.

I'm up for any kind of zombie! Smart zombie,dumb zombie, fast zombies... actually I like the classic slow ones lol. The fast ones raises my blood pressure 😂
    Would love designated hiding places too.

I really like how they've done occults in ts4 (minus aliens and the lack or underwater world for mermaids) so I'm thrilled to see what they would do with zombies. And the rising from the ground animation would be delightful.
    Even if we are to get zombies I think fairies are coming first. Cute and kawaiii is more popular than ugly things 😆 i mean the knitting pack won over paranormal so...... I don't expect this thread to have a lot of yeses🥲

Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I think zombies are fine as long as there isn't a zombie infestation like in TS3. Maybe they could make them like the voodoo zombies that are more like a slave and do whatever you ask them to. Or like Frankenstein.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    There's lots they can do with zombies, firstly resurrection can go 2 ways, so when you resurrect your sims there could be a chance it can go wrong that they come back half dead and half alive, they would be ageless like vampires as their undead, unabled to get pregnant but they will be able to adopt children if you wish, again they don't have to be gory to have fun with their food source they can bite sims or fight them for their brains, there could be a chance the zombie can lose and not get it, the sims won't die if the zombie wins the fight , they can have a dazed moodlet and have low energy, special drinks zombies can buy whether it's because they don't want to harm others or they fancy a night in 🤣, their hygiene could go down quickier, if you have vampires installed, vampires can have the mean interaction saying they are the better immortal and undead, relationships with vampires and other zombies are more better at success at the very start, with humans or other it starts negative
  • Options
    KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    edited June 2022
    Whilst I'm not too jazzed about the usual zombie motif, I think they could look just fine as iZombie or Frankenstein's monster types. Gameplay could be really good too, with them acting as a mid-point between ghosts and the living (and perhaps the third hybrid occult type in TS4 besides ghosts and alien hybrids). That said, I don't trust Maxis to be creative with it, so whilst I wouldn't say "no", I would be hesitant to say "yes". As well, one can already create a zombie using Vampires (or Vampires + Get Famous for Frankenstein's monster).
    Post edited by KyreRoen on
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    All occults should return. o:)

And a expansion pack dedicated to Justine Keaton.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    I'd rather have something new and different.
  • Options
    They adding moon phases to base game this could make zombies interesting if they came back 😊
  • Options
    EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    I would be interested in zombies if they took this concept from one of the old surveys and made the pack in a similar vein to Strangerville. Depending on how the pack is done, certain elements could also be used to further expand rags-to-riches & off-the-grid gameplay in other worlds.
    Rebuild:
    The apocalypse has struck The Sims 4! Explore abandoned neighbourhoods and rescue survivors, rebuild your town into a thriving community, and fight off zombies to protect your new town.
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,348 Member
    The only way I'd play with zombies is if I can make a zombie lawyer like Mr. Slant in Discworld. I otherwise don't really like zombies much. And I definitely don't want hordes of them wandering around.

But as long as they're completely optional, I fine with them existing for others to play with.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".