Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post game issues

Comments

• Options
    XenotunakXenotunak Posts: 5 New Member
    Hello and thank you for opening this thread hopefully you can help me!
    I'm having issues with the dropdown color options in CAS. You see, whenever the last piece of clothing/makeup/accessories has more than one color options it tends to get cut off and I can't see the rest of the colors.
    Is there a way to fix this?

imgur.com/a/n960k

This is a screenshot of said problem. These are lipsticks from the get to work expansion, but like I said, the rest of the options get cut off and I cannot scroll or choose them.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Xenotunak wrote: »
    Hello and thank you for opening this thread hopefully you can help me!
    I'm having issues with the dropdown color options in CAS. You see, whenever the last piece of clothing/makeup/accessories has more than one color options it tends to get cut off and I can't see the rest of the colors.
    Is there a way to fix this?

imgur.com/a/n960k

TBPGyEI.png

This is a screenshot of said problem. These are lipsticks from the get to work expansion, but like I said, the rest of the options get cut off and I cannot scroll or choose them.

• Options
    edited February 2018
    Hello @Xenotunak
    When this occurs, it can help if you filter the items by packs. This will reduce the number of items shown, and may help so that you can chose all the colour options.
  • Options
    Thank you for the heads up @rosemow this helps! Unfortunately as I just found out it only helps with items that come in a pack. Like there's no option to go by categories in Skin Details, I've tried toying with resolutions but I haven't had any luck. Are there any suggestions for this?
  • Options
    Thank you for the heads up @rosemow this helps! Unfortunately as I just found out it only helps with items that come in a pack. Like there's no option to go by categories in Skin Details, I've tried toying with resolutions but I haven't had any luck. Are there any suggestions for this?

Are you using cc in the skin details section? I don’t any colour version options to choose from in that category. It may be because there are many swatches that come with the cc.
  • Options
    After being a bit more careful research I did find a mod that will help out. Thank you so much for the help Rosemow! <3
  • Options
    After being a bit more careful research I did find a mod that will help out. Thank you so much for the help Rosemow! <3
    It is great that you have found a mod to help with the issue :)
  • Options
    art_potat0art_potat0 Posts: 9 New Member
    So this is the first time I've used this so I might be doing it wrong, but I updated my game to the latest patch and now when I click on buy mode, the menu for where you can buy things is gone and there aren't any options up top. Also, the "Live Mode" button is green but I can't click on it. I can move the camera around but i can't click on anything or exit the game. I've already taken out my mods folder but it didn't work. Is there anything else I should try?
  • Options
    art_potat0 wrote: »
    So this is the first time I've used this so I might be doing it wrong, but I updated my game to the latest patch and now when I click on buy mode, the menu for where you can buy things is gone and there aren't any options up top. Also, the "Live Mode" button is green but I can't click on it. I can move the camera around but i can't click on anything or exit the game. I've already taken out my mods folder but it didn't work. Is there anything else I should try?

Hello @art_potat0
    Was the issue still there when you took the whole mods folder out and loaded the game without it being there?

If the issue was still there, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

Try deleting the cache files and see if that helps
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

• Options
    I'm repairing my game but I'll take the mods folder out again. Thank you for the suggestions!
  • Options
    I'm repairing my game but I'll take the mods folder out again. Thank you for the suggestions!

You’re welcome :) I hope that it helps with your issues.
  • Options
    I took out my mods folder again and repaired my game. When I restarted my game, everything seemed fine. Thank you for your help!
  • Options
    I took out my mods folder again and repaired my game. When I restarted my game, everything seemed fine. Thank you for your help!

You’re welcome :) If the issue returns when you put back your mods folder, some of the mods may have been broken by the latest patch.
    If you have the 'More CAS Columns'' or “UI Cheats Extension”mods they are broken. The ”More CAS Columns'' mod has been updated, but UI Cheats Extension mod hasn’t been updated as yet.
    These are links to a list of some of the broken/updated mods/cc, but others are broken also.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/935494/broken-mods-jungle-adventure-feb-2018
    https://simsvip.com/2018/02/22/broken-mods-february-18-patch-jungle-adventure-gp/
  • Options
    GasolineCreaGasolineCrea Posts: 135 Member
    Hi, it's me again. I've been getting last exception errors for a little while, which is actually probably the source of my problems, but now I found where one of them is coming from. When my sims try to listen to music, it gives me a last exception and doesn't work. I think I have the latest MCCC and it's my only mod. Any idea how I find the source of the last exception error, or is this not where to ask that kind of thing?
    So many sorcerers ~
  • Options
    Hi, it's me again. I've been getting last exception errors for a little while, which is actually probably the source of my problems, but now I found where one of them is coming from. When my sims try to listen to music, it gives me a last exception and doesn't work. I think I have the latest MCCC and it's my only mod. Any idea how I find the source of the last exception error, or is this not where to ask that kind of thing?

Hello
    Try selling the stereo, music player or wall speaker and buying a new one, then test to see if the issue remains.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

There is also a link on this website page to the General support section of the MCCC mod discord server where you post last exception files
    https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/main
  • Options
    MumuDesuyoMumuDesuyo Posts: 36 Member
    edited February 2018
    rosemow wrote: »
    MumuDesuyo wrote: »
    Hi
    So my issue is that whenever I load up the game, my cursor is constantly doing the 'loading' spinning wheel thing and its so annoying.
    It never changes to the ingame cursor and it will keep spinning for eternity.
    Once, did I make it become a regular mouse - but not the custom in-game cursor, just the regular you see anywhere else outside the game.
    But when rotating the right-click camera, it bugs out and even though it should be invisible during that, I can see it and it lags out my game a bit.
    And its frankly quite annoying.

Does anyone know how to fix that?

I dont know why it started doing that, I hadn't played the game for a while and when I loaded up the game, thats what I got.

Hello @MumuDesuyo
    I am sorry that you are having these issues.

Try unplugging the mouse, then plugging it in again and see if that helps. Try also testing with using a different mouse to see if the issues remain.

If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder, starting a new save game file, and testing to see if it occurs there also . To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Start a new game and test to see if the issue is in that new save game.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
    I dont know what did it 100% since I did everything at once, but I believe its the last one with removing the sims 4 folder - because it was still there when making the new game file and then I exited the game and then started sims back up again it now shows the real cursor
    Thank youu so much

You’re welcome :) I am glad that it is working okay now .

Ok so apparently it only worked for that one game session because its doing it again :neutral: and its a pain to do it every time I want to play because it resets my settings everytime

Hello
    Make sure that your graphics drivers are up to date.

Try playing in windowed mode and see if that helps.

Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game

I updated my grapics card (I think - it did something at least) and turned off the Origin thing and it seems to have done the job. It had the regular cursor 2 times in a row of launching the game, so I hope its fixed now
    Thank you!
  • Options
    Hi
    So my issue is that whenever I load up the game, my cursor is constantly doing the 'loading' spinning wheel thing and its so annoying.
    It never changes to the ingame cursor and it will keep spinning for eternity.
    Once, did I make it become a regular mouse - but not the custom in-game cursor, just the regular you see anywhere else outside the game.
    But when rotating the right-click camera, it bugs out and even though it should be invisible during that, I can see it and it lags out my game a bit.
    And its frankly quite annoying.

Does anyone know how to fix that?

I dont know why it started doing that, I hadn't played the game for a while and when I loaded up the game, thats what I got.

Hello @MumuDesuyo
    I am sorry that you are having these issues.

Try unplugging the mouse, then plugging it in again and see if that helps. Try also testing with using a different mouse to see if the issues remain.

If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder, starting a new save game file, and testing to see if it occurs there also . To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Start a new game and test to see if the issue is in that new save game.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
    I dont know what did it 100% since I did everything at once, but I believe its the last one with removing the sims 4 folder - because it was still there when making the new game file and then I exited the game and then started sims back up again it now shows the real cursor
    Thank youu so much

You’re welcome :) I am glad that it is working okay now .

Ok so apparently it only worked for that one game session because its doing it again :neutral: and its a pain to do it every time I want to play because it resets my settings everytime

Hello
    Make sure that your graphics drivers are up to date.

Try playing in windowed mode and see if that helps.

Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game

I updated my grapics card (I think - it did something at least) and turned off the Origin thing and it seems to have done the job. It had the regular cursor 2 times in a row of launching the game, so I hope its fixed now
    Thank you!

You’re welcome :) I’m glad it is working okay now .
  • Options
    xMarianxxMarianx Posts: 74 Member
    I tried reparing the game. My toddler’s conflict resolution is now neutral, but the manners seems to have increased a little. I will try teaching my toddler to say sorry again and see what happens :)
  • Options
    xMarianx wrote: »
    I tried reparing the game. My toddler’s conflict resolution is now neutral, but the manners seems to have increased a little. I will try teaching my toddler to say sorry again and see what happens :)

Hello
    I hope that it starts to work correctly for you now.
  • Options
    SoBrokenSoBroken Posts: 6 New Member
    Hello,

My Sim was invited to a birthday party, but when she got there the birthday Sim wasn't at home. All his family and guests were, and the party played out as normal. At the end of the party, the game tried to age the birthday Sim up, but can't as he's not there. Now I can't go home or quit or save or anything!

The birthday Sim doesn't have a job, so I don't think they will come back at a set time. Are there any cheats or anything to bring him home?

Thank you :smile:
  • Options
    SoBroken wrote: »
    Hello,

My Sim was invited to a birthday party, but when she got there the birthday Sim wasn't at home. All his family and guests were, and the party played out as normal. At the end of the party, the game tried to age the birthday Sim up, but can't as he's not there. Now I can't go home or quit or save or anything!

The birthday Sim doesn't have a job, so I don't think they will come back at a set time. Are there any cheats or anything to bring him home?

Thank you :smile:

Hello
    I am sorry but you may need to use task manager and close the Sims 4 that way. You will lose your game progress since you last saved. I am sorry :(
  • Options
    SoBrokenSoBroken Posts: 6 New Member
    Thanks, I will do that. I don't think I will lose any more than a day so not too bad!
  • Options
  • Options
    RinRin Posts: 16 Member
    Hello. Anybody knows where can I find the Seldom Sleepy trait? I have updated my game but I can't find it in the reward store.

I don't like the un-nerfed Never weary and how we don't have to do anything for our Sims to keep them alive. I would rather them being busy. It is, of course, only my preference when playing the game, so please don't take it the wrong way.

Thank you.
  • Options
    Rin wrote: »
    Hello. Anybody knows where can I find the Seldom Sleepy trait? I have updated my game but I can't find it in the reward store.

I don't like the un-nerfed Never weary and how we don't have to do anything for our Sims to keep them alive. I would rather them being busy. It is, of course, only my preference when playing the game, so please don't take it the wrong way.

Thank you.

Hello @Rin
    The Seldom Sleepy trait costs 4000 simoleons and is between the savant and super green traits.