Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post game issues

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Stephzor93 wrote: »
    Hello! Been a while since I posted, but are there a work around for counters changing sizes automatically? It's hard to explain without images, but I'm using the "Alpha Beta Phong" counters, and I'm placing an Inner Corner against a wall - It will change to a smaller size with different dimensions, and no longer line up with its normal sized brethren. It will only line up completely if every counter is against a wall as well.

Is there any way to stop this automatic resizing? I've tried placing half walls with some move.objects trickery, but it will only work if the wall is over a certain height and I don't want the wall visible.

Hello @Stephzor93
    It may be best to post about your issues on the Build Mode Feedback thread. BryonyRae may be able to help you there.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/787346/build-mode-feedback-for-ea-now-testing-11-7-17-patch#latest
  • Options
    Mone22Mone22 Posts: 5 New Member
    Hi, today I updated my game to the next patch and for some reason the buttons of the game turn out peculiar and have weird dark spots and lines all over them I tried removing my options menu and having it reload, same results. Thank you in advance!
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Mone22 wrote: »
    Hi, today I updated my game to the next patch and for some reason the buttons of the game turn out peculiar and have weird dark spots and lines all over them I tried removing my options menu and having it reload, same results. Thank you in advance!

Hello @Mone22
    There has been many mods broken by today’s patch.
    If you have the 'More CAS Columns'' or “UI Cheats Extension”mods they are broken. It would be best to remove them and wait for an updated version to be released.
    These are links to a list of some of the broken/updated mods/cc
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/935494/broken-mods-jungle-adventure-feb-2018
    https://simsvip.com/2018/02/22/broken-mods-february-18-patch-jungle-adventure-gp/
  • Options
    keenaannkeenaann Posts: 3 New Member
    > @rosemow said:

>
    > Hello @keenaann
    > I am sorry that you are having these issues.
    >
    > If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.
    >
    > If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair
    >
    > Try resetting your sims 4 folder, starting a new save game file, and testing to see if it occurs there also . To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    > Start a new game and test to see if the issues are also in that new save game.
    > Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.

Thank you! I should have mentioned I have no mods or CC in my game. I tried resetting the folder and things seem to be working now - I'm going to try copying back the other folders now and see if it continues. Thank you! :) I appreciate the help!
  • Options
    axim_galaxim_gal Posts: 22 Member
    Hi Rosemow, I've never posted before, but I've been playing sims since 2012. I just wanted to let you all know that I'm having texture issues since the new patch. Especially in Windenburg, near Hare and Hedgehog Cafe. The walls are shimmering with green patches and the floor seems to be torn going down toward the Wharf area. I have no cc installed and it was a new game, and I tested it a couple of time with different new games.
  • Options
    keenaann wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:

>
    > Hello @keenaann
    > I am sorry that you are having these issues.
    >
    > If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.
    >
    > If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair
    >
    > Try resetting your sims 4 folder, starting a new save game file, and testing to see if it occurs there also . To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    > Start a new game and test to see if the issues are also in that new save game.
    > Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.

Thank you! I should have mentioned I have no mods or CC in my game. I tried resetting the folder and things seem to be working now - I'm going to try copying back the other folders now and see if it continues. Thank you! :) I appreciate the help!

You’re welcome :)
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    axim_gal wrote: »
    Hi Rosemow, I've never posted before, but I've been playing sims since 2012. I just wanted to let you all know that I'm having texture issues since the new patch. Especially in Windenburg, near Hare and Hedgehog Cafe. The walls are shimmering with green patches and the floor seems to be torn going down toward the Wharf area. I have no cc installed and it was a new game, and I tested it a couple of time with different new games.

Hello @axim_gal
    Welcome to the forums. Could you please post pictures of the issue?
    Because you aren't a member yet, you can't post pictures that appear , but you can upload your pictures to a photo sharing site such as imgur or tinypic , then right click the picture on the photo sharing site and copy/paste the image address link here.,
    You will need to replace the http in the address with h.t.t.p as you are a new member and can’t post links.
    We can then post the pictures for you,

Edit : The last picture ih this AHQ EA thread may refer to your issues
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Weird-grass-textures/m-p/6652221#M58672
    Post edited by rosemow on
  • Options
    WijiHoshiWijiHoshi Posts: 5 New Member
    So I just started up my game and was playing on a game where my Sim has cats, I have not extra mods just the base games to buy from the store. My cat just stretched out in in some very long and disturbing ways. I have a screenshot. What should I do?
  • Options
    h.t.t.p://i68.tinypic.com/20fqfmb.png is the link to the screenshot
  • Options
    WijiHoshi wrote: »
    So I just started up my game and was playing on a game where my Sim has cats, I have not extra mods just the base games to buy from the store. My cat just stretched out in in some very long and disturbing ways. I have a screenshot. What should I do?
    http://i68.tinypic.com/20fqfmb.png is the link to the screenshot

20fqfmb.jpg
  • Options
    Helllo @WijiHoshi
    This issue was fixed in the latest games patch. Try checking to make sure that your game is uptodate with patches.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

I hope that it doesn’t occur again in your game.
  • Options
    Thanks, I do know I did get the update but ill try and repair the game anyways to see if maybe the update didn't update right? Or something thanks.
  • Options
    Thanks, I do know I did get the update but ill try and repair the game anyways to see if maybe the update didn't update right? Or something thanks.

You’re welcome. If it happens again, you may like to post here again. I hope that it was just a glitch in the game that won’t keep occuring again.
  • Options
    xMarianxxMarianx Posts: 74 Member
    I think this is a bug.

I had my sim teach her toddler to say please and thank you, and to say sorry. At first neither manners nor conflict resolution seemeed to increase, but after a while I noticed that conflict resolution was half full. I tried again to have my sim teach the toddler to say please and thank you, but it only seemed to affected conflict resolution.
    Conflict resolution, which is now full, seems to increase all the time, even when the toddler is playing.

I had one of my other sims teaching a child the same things, but conflict resolution doesn’t seem to increase, only manners.
  • Options
    xMarianx wrote: »
    I think this is a bug.

I had my sim teach her toddler to say please and thank you, and to say sorry. At first neither manners nor conflict resolution seemeed to increase, but after a while I noticed that conflict resolution was half full. I tried again to have my sim teach the toddler to say please and thank you, but it only seemed to affected conflict resolution.
    Conflict resolution, which is now full, seems to increase all the time, even when the toddler is playing.

I had one of my other sims teaching a child the same things, but conflict resolution doesn’t seem to increase, only manners.

Hello
    I am sorry that you are having this issue with the toddler.
    Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

Try deleting the cache files and see if that helps
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

Try having the toddler travel to another lot and back, then see if the issues remain.
  • Options
    onica432onica432 Posts: 8 New Member
    im having one heck of a time trying to figure out whats causing my problems, ive tried taking out my recent mods but i havent been able to find which ones are casing me problems. im sure most of my problems are cc related but with no better ideas i decided to try and post the problems im having here and see if anyone has had similar problems or can point me in the direction of which files might be causing them.
    i recently redownloaded supposed 'updated' traits for my sims and that was when i was noticing the problems starting however removing them did not fix the problem so i have no idea anymore.

A: randomly interactable objects will malfunction, for example i will only get the option to 'turn off' lights even when there are none on, The oven will only let me 'flavorize', 'brew herbal remedy' 'upgrade' or 'hire mila munch as caterer' speakers and radios will only give the option to 'upgrade' and mind you ive checked these are all non cc items, although i havent tried cc ones. It will be working at first when i start up a game however will randomly start doing this and even if i exit to menu and go back its still does it, for all my houses.

B: events will malfunction, for example my sims boyfriend will invite her to get a drink and the event will only show get a drink as a task however trying to do just about anything will leave them either just standing awkwardly for hours or it will glitch their pose and reset them. this also happens with jobs, sometimes i can do actions but sometimes i will try to make my sim do somthing at the police station and they will just stand around awkwardly. Occasionally it will happen when they are home too when i attempt to make them do anything else, but its really random and happens much less often.

C this one i just noticed since the update yesterday so im not sure if its related or not, but a few buttons in cas are broken i would link a pic to show but apparently i cant do that.

i have tried the sims 4 mod conflict detector and besides some duplicates and a few cas things that claim to conflict with other cas things (tried removing said things and it changed nothing) there was no problems. i made a new neighborhood and created a family without any cc and put them in a house without cc and their game runs fine even tho my cc is still in the game. i keep all my cc organized in folders depending on when i saved it and put it in my game so i can sort through and take things out easier in times like this but nothing is working and i cant figure out where the problem/s is/are. im at my wits end. particuarly with the first problem.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Hello
    There has been many mods broken by the latest patch.
    These are links to a list of some of the broken/updated mods/cc
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/935494/broken-mods-jungle-adventure-feb-2018
    https://simsvip.com/2018/02/22/broken-mods-february-18-patch-jungle-adventure-gp/
    Try seeing if you have any of these mods. They are only some of the broken mods though.
    You will need to test all your mods/cc.

There may be an issue with your current save game. You may need to start a new save game. You can save your sims and their homes to your library and place them into the new save game.They will lose though any relationships that your sims have with sims not in their household, and will lose their inventory and collections progress. They will retain though their skills, reward traits, aspiration progress and their careers.
  • Options
    immunetreeimmunetree Posts: 1 New Member
    I bought a copy of Sims 4 second hand and can't redeem the product code because it's already been used. Help???
  • Options
    immunetree wrote: »
    I bought a copy of Sims 4 second hand and can't redeem the product code because it's already been used. Help???

Hello @immunetree
    The product code of each game copy can only be used once. The code is then associated with a particular origin account. You will need to buy a new copy of Sims 4. Origin has a Publishers sale on at the moment so you may be able to but the game at a good reduced price.
    You could try returning the second hand copy to the person that you bought it from and try to get a refund.
  • Options
    onica432onica432 Posts: 8 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello
    > There has been many mods broken by the latest patch.
    > These are links to a list of some of the broken/updated mods/cc

> Try seeing if you have any of these mods. They are only some of the broken mods though.
    > You will need to test all your mods/cc.
    >
    > There may be an issue with your current save game. You may need to start a new save game. You can save your sims and their homes to your library and place them into the new save game.They will lose though any relationships that your sims have with sims not in their household, and will lose their inventory and collections progress. They will retain though their skills, reward traits, aspiration progress and their careers.

only had 2 mods from that list and ive removed them, have tried making a new save it doens't change anything.
    i unfortunetly have many mods so im still trying to figure out what is causing the trouble. i took out about half of the mods and played the game and couldnt spawn the problem, so i tried the other half, still couldnt spawn the problem so i couldnt even narrow down the mods by half. ive never had this much trouble finding what causes problems with sims.

also while im at it why is it that when i try to post a link i get a message "You have to be around for a little while longer before you can post links." it says right on my profile i joined in 2016, how long do i have to be around?
  • Options
    onica432 wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello
    > There has been many mods broken by the latest patch.
    > These are links to a list of some of the broken/updated mods/cc

> Try seeing if you have any of these mods. They are only some of the broken mods though.
    > You will need to test all your mods/cc.
    >
    > There may be an issue with your current save game. You may need to start a new save game. You can save your sims and their homes to your library and place them into the new save game.They will lose though any relationships that your sims have with sims not in their household, and will lose their inventory and collections progress. They will retain though their skills, reward traits, aspiration progress and their careers.

only had 2 mods from that list and ive removed them, have tried making a new save it doens't change anything.
    i unfortunetly have many mods so im still trying to figure out what is causing the trouble. i took out about half of the mods and played the game and couldnt spawn the problem, so i tried the other half, still couldnt spawn the problem so i couldnt even narrow down the mods by half. ive never had this much trouble finding what causes problems with sims.

also while im at it why is it that when i try to post a link i get a message "You have to be around for a little while longer before you can post links." it says right on my profile i joined in 2016, how long do i have to be around?

Hello @onica432
    You need to have 25points and 15 posts before you can become a full member and can then change your profile picture , post pictures, have a signature, start new threads, edit posts , post links that show up correctly, and have quotes appear in grey boxes ,This thread explain about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/934205/small-change-for-new-members#latest
    You receive a point each time another simmer presses like or awesome or insightful on a post that you have posted. Keep posting on the different threads and sections of the forums and you will soon get the points/posts. The off topic section is a good place to post.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/off-topic-chat

With your game issues,try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop.
    Delete the cache files
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
    Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. You can then tell if it mods/cc causing the issues,
  • Options
    oseisanoseisan Posts: 5 New Member
    SIMS4 Disables my Keyboard and Mouse (even my Headphones) whenever my Internet Connection flactuates or disconnect.

Whenever I’m playing Sims4 then all of a sudden my internet connection disconnects because of bad connection etc (I only have WiFi) it does this thing where all of my usb connected devices disables then enables back but with an issue. My headphones glitch out then the sound goes to my speaker even though my headphones are still the one enabled. My mouse flacuates and sometimes comeback but the worse just happened a while ago where it disabled both my mouse and keyboard and no matter how many times i physically reconnect my mouse and keyboard, it doesn’t enable back so I was forced to restart my whole computer.

The only solution I found is to literally play the Sims4 but once it’s loading i disable the internet connection just so that it doesn’t do everything above.

And yes, this happens almost everytime I play the game. My internet connection is fine when I’m playing other games that even uses my internet connection heavier than Sims 4 (example: Overwatch) but idk what’s the issue with Sims 4.
  • Options
    oseisan wrote: »
    SIMS4 Disables my Keyboard and Mouse (even my Headphones) whenever my Internet Connection flactuates or disconnect.

Whenever I’m playing Sims4 then all of a sudden my internet connection disconnects because of bad connection etc (I only have WiFi) it does this thing where all of my usb connected devices disables then enables back but with an issue. My headphones glitch out then the sound goes to my speaker even though my headphones are still the one enabled. My mouse flacuates and sometimes comeback but the worse just happened a while ago where it disabled both my mouse and keyboard and no matter how many times i physically reconnect my mouse and keyboard, it doesn’t enable back so I was forced to restart my whole computer.

The only solution I found is to literally play the Sims4 but once it’s loading i disable the internet connection just so that it doesn’t do everything above.

And yes, this happens almost everytime I play the game. My internet connection is fine when I’m playing other games that even uses my internet connection heavier than Sims 4 (example: Overwatch) but idk what’s the issue with Sims 4.

Hello
    I am sorry that you are having these issues. It may be best to play in offline mode. You can do that by logging into Origin, clicking the origin label on the top left hand side and click “go offline “ from the drop down menu.
  • Options
    oseisanoseisan Posts: 5 New Member
    [quote="rosemow;c-16342883"]

Hello
    I am sorry that you are having these issues. It may be best to play in offline mode. You can do that by logging into Origin, clicking the origin label on the top left hand side and click “go offline “ from the drop down menu.[/quote]

Thanks for the tip! I’d make sure to do that to avoid this again but it’d be awesome if it gets fixed T^T
  • Options
    oseisan wrote: »
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello
    I am sorry that you are having these issues. It may be best to play in offline mode. You can do that by logging into Origin, clicking the origin label on the top left hand side and click “go offline “ from the drop down menu.

Thanks for the tip! I’d make sure to do that to avoid this again but it’d be awesome if it gets fixed T^T

You’re welcome :)