Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post game issues

Comments

• Options
    JanlJanl Posts: 21 Member
    ETA: Restarting the game clears the stranger flag and the toddler is able to perform friendly interactions. However, this is not really a good solution. :(
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Janl wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > Janl wrote: »
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > I am sorry that you are having this issue with the toddlers @Jani
    > > Try starting a fresh new save game just to test to see if the same thing occurs with toddlers in that save game also.
    >
    > I have already tried starting new games but the problem is still there. At first everything looks normal but after a while the options just decrease until there are hardly any interactions available. I am disappointed this only seems to be happening to me but I have aging up turned off (or on long) and play toddlers quite a lot and depend on the social interactions. :( Thank you for your help anyway.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello.
    > If you haven’t already done this, try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.

Unfortunately this didn't help either. However, I also noticed it happened when a toddler tried talking to a child too. In the image the toddler can be friendly with Olivia Kim-Lewis but not with Billie Jang even though the relationship bar is higher for Billie. It seems the stranger function hasn't been cleared for Billie. Could this be the problem?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mjhdV7DspLQTSdx3JFQC2kabxkFl_aHx/view?usp=sharing

BpvY2jK.jpg?1
  • Options
    ETA: Restarting the game clears the stranger flag and the toddler is able to perform friendly interactions. However, this is not really a good solution. :(

Perhaps try seeing if travelling to another lot then back to the original lot may help to allow the friendly interactions to be able to be used.
  • Options
    saffron2205saffron2205 Posts: 6 New Member
    hi i installed jungle adveture , went on holiday to salvidora , tried to explore the jungle then i get this message error code 123:d893a7bf:7c7c3d12 anyone know whats going wrong
  • Options
    hi i installed jungle adveture , went on holiday to salvidora , tried to explore the jungle then i get this message error code 123:d893a7bf:7c7c3d12 anyone know whats going wrong

Hello @saffron2205
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > saffron2205 wrote: »
    >
    > hi i installed jungle adveture , went on holiday to salvidora , tried to explore the jungle then i get this message error code 123:d893a7bf:7c7c3d12 anyone know whats going wrong
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @saffron2205
    > If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.
    >
    > If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair.

hi thanks ive done all of these steps and it still does the same thing
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > hi i installed jungle adveture , went on holiday to salvidora , tried to explore the jungle then i get this message error code 123:d893a7bf:7c7c3d12 anyone know whats going wrong
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @saffron2205
    > If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.
    >
    > If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair.

hi thanks ive done all of these steps and it still does the same thing

If you haven’t already done this, try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
    Then launch the game and see if that helps.

If the issue remains after doing that, try recovering an earlier version of your current save game to play and see if the error message is occurring there also. To do that , go to the main screen of sims 4, and click on the " load game " button.Click on your save game file picture. Then click on the " recover game " button down the right hand side bottom of the screen,. Press on an earlier version of the save game from the menu that pops up. Then load that save game version.

• Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    calaprfy wrote: »
    The club system has been affected.

Despite having club activities such as "Be Mean To Everyone" and "Fight With Everyone", said club does none of these like it used to before the latest patch.

Please investigate.

Hello
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the same things occur.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair.

No difference. Sorry, but the club system has been ruined. And I play with no mods or cc.
  • Options
    The club system has been affected.

Despite having club activities such as "Be Mean To Everyone" and "Fight With Everyone", said club does none of these like it used to before the latest patch.

Please investigate.

Hello
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the same things occur.

No difference. Sorry, but the club system has been ruined. And I play with no mods or cc.

Hello
    If you havent already done this, try testing in a fresh new save game and see if the issue still remains in that test game also.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > saffron2205 wrote: »
    > >
    > > hi i installed jungle adveture , went on holiday to salvidora , tried to explore the jungle then i get this message error code 123:d893a7bf:7c7c3d12 anyone know whats going wrong
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello @saffron2205
    > > If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.
    > >
    > > If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair.
    >
    > hi thanks ive done all of these steps and it still does the same thing
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > If you haven’t already done this, try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
    > Then launch the game and see if that helps.
    >
    > If the issue remains after doing that, try recovering an earlier version of your current save game to play and see if the error message is occurring there also. To do that , go to the main screen of sims 4, and click on the " load game " button.Click on your save game file picture. Then click on the " recover game " button down the right hand side bottom of the screen,. Press on an earlier version of the save game from the menu that pops up. Then load that save game version.

hi done all of this and it still doesnt work , this is hopeless , how do i send this to problem to the actual sims people
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > saffron2205 wrote: »
    > >
    > > hi i installed jungle adveture , went on holiday to salvidora , tried to explore the jungle then i get this message error code 123:d893a7bf:7c7c3d12 anyone know whats going wrong
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello @saffron2205
    > > If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.
    > >
    > > If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair.
    >
    > hi thanks ive done all of these steps and it still does the same thing
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Then launch the game and see if that helps.
    >
    > If the issue remains after doing that, try recovering an earlier version of your current save game to play and see if the error message is occurring there also. To do that , go to the main screen of sims 4, and click on the " load game " button.Click on your save game file picture. Then click on the " recover game " button down the right hand side bottom of the screen,. Press on an earlier version of the save game from the menu that pops up. Then load that save game version.

hi done all of this and it still doesnt work , this is hopeless , how do i send this to problem to the actual sims people

I am sorry that you are continuing to have this issue, You could post on this AHQ EA thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/sims-4-error-code-123-b5aedd3f-15d840f7/td-p/6438581
  • Options
    ToreshinboToreshinbo Posts: 561 Member
    My sim went to Selvadorada on his own without his pets. I got the notification that his pets are taken care of. That's fine.
    The problem is, the notifications keep coming. I know by know they've been taken care of.
    Yet the game still reminds me a million times.

I have tested this without mods/cc as well. Still the same issue.
  • Options
    Toreshinbo wrote: »
    My sim went to Selvadorada on his own without his pets. I got the notification that his pets are taken care of. That's fine.
    The problem is, the notifications keep coming. I know by know they've been taken care of.
    Yet the game still reminds me a million times.

I have tested this without mods/cc as well. Still the same issue.

Hello
    Try repairing the game and see if that helps.

Try deleting the cache files and see if that helps
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

• Options
    JanlJanl Posts: 21 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > ETA: Restarting the game clears the stranger flag and the toddler is able to perform friendly interactions. However, this is not really a good solution. :(
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Perhaps try seeing if travelling to another lot then back to the original lot may help to allow the friendly interactions to be able to be used.

It appears to be a bug where the "stranger" flag is not being turned off. When going to manage worlds and then re-entering the household they are visiting, the flag is turned off and the toddler then has the full range of interactions and is able to become friends with the other toddler. This bug was only introduced after Cats and Dogs or the patch immediately before as the interactions were fine before that date. I hope the developers are able to fix this soon. Thank you for all your help.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > ETA: Restarting the game clears the stranger flag and the toddler is able to perform friendly interactions. However, this is not really a good solution. :(
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Perhaps try seeing if travelling to another lot then back to the original lot may help to allow the friendly interactions to be able to be used.

It appears to be a bug where the "stranger" flag is not being turned off. When going to manage worlds and then re-entering the household they are visiting, the flag is turned off and the toddler then has the full range of interactions and is able to become friends with the other toddler. This bug was only introduced after Cats and Dogs or the patch immediately before as the interactions were fine before that date. I hope the developers are able to fix this soon. Thank you for all your help.

You’re welcome.
  • Options
    k_gennak_genna Posts: 160 Member
    This is related to the new Jungle pack, but figured I would just post here instead making something new.
    Since installing JP, my sims tasks are getting stuck in the actions bar, turns to something else, or just drops all together. Going to bed results in sims have a bed in the actions panel, going and doing the relax thing before they get under the covers, then cancels resulting in them getting up, but the bed action/icon is still active. Washing dishes results in everything need washed being gathered, and being set down somewhere. I can click on the pile and try again, but it never results in anything happening. It just vanishes. Leaving the lot does reset it, however it happens so much, I'm traveling 3+ times a day just to clear it out. Which brings me to travel won't work via the telephone, only the scroll out option.
    For clarification and to save time for those who are assisting everyone:
    Yes, it's a clean save file
    Mods and CC are off (this is a new pack after all)
    Teleporting/resetting sim DOES make them move, though doesn't clear the action bars.
    I've cleared out the cache, reset folders etc. that would normally fix little glitches like this. Been playing sims since TS2, and if you can't fix random problems like this by this point, you shouldn't be playing anymore. (LOL)

Basically, is this a common issue for anyone else cropping up now? If so, I'm sure it will be fixed. If anyone has an idea that isn't the common fixes, I'd be glad to hear it. Perhaps I've overlooked something? The only thing I haven't done in the general fixes is completely uninstall and reinstall the series, as that is time consuming and tedious for something that hasn't yet broken the game for me.

I'm trying to think if I have anything else that may offer some insight. I think I have MC file logs still, but seeing as that isn't running in my current save, it would be useless. Computer is very capable of handling the game, even in ultra, so I don't believe it's an internal glitch.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    k_genna wrote: »
    This is related to the new Jungle pack, but figured I would just post here instead making something new.
    Since installing JP, my sims tasks are getting stuck in the actions bar, turns to something else, or just drops all together. Going to bed results in sims have a bed in the actions panel, going and doing the relax thing before they get under the covers, then cancels resulting in them getting up, but the bed action/icon is still active. Washing dishes results in everything need washed being gathered, and being set down somewhere. I can click on the pile and try again, but it never results in anything happening. It just vanishes. Leaving the lot does reset it, however it happens so much, I'm traveling 3+ times a day just to clear it out. Which brings me to travel won't work via the telephone, only the scroll out option.
    Teleporting/resetting sim DOES make them move, though doesn't clear the action bars.
    I've cleared out the cache, reset folders etc. that would normally fix little glitches like this. Been playing sims since TS2, and if you can't fix random problems like this by this point, you shouldn't be playing anymore. (LOL)

Basically, is this a common issue for anyone else cropping up now? If so, I'm sure it will be fixed. If anyone has an idea that isn't the common fixes, I'd be glad to hear it. Perhaps I've overlooked something? The only thing I haven't done in the general fixes is completely uninstall and reinstall the series, as that is time consuming and tedious for something that hasn't yet broken the game for me.

I'm trying to think if I have anything else that may offer some insight. I think I have MC file logs still, but seeing as that isn't running in my current save, it would be useless. Computer is very capable of handling the game, even in ultra, so I don't believe it's an internal glitch.

Hello @k_genna
    I am sorry that you are having these issues.
    Instead of only just turning the mods/cc of, try testing by moving your whole mods folder to the desktop, clearing the cache files, then loading the game and seeing if the issues remain.

I am just checking that you have tried repairing the game to see if that may help?

Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game
  • Options
    k_gennak_genna Posts: 160 Member

Hello @k_genna
    Instead of only just turning the mods/cc of, try testing by moving your whole mods folder to the desktop, clearing the cache files, then loading the game and seeing if the issues remain.

I am just checking that you have tried repairing the game to see if that may help?

Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game

Aye, I have. I didn't mean off literally. The entire mods folder has been removed. And I repair after all new installs as it ensures everything is working together.
    Thanks for the help Rosemow. You're always on here helping everyone! ^_^
  • Options

Hello @k_genna

Aye, I have. I didn't mean off literally. The entire mods folder has been removed. And I repair after all new installs as it ensures everything is working together.
    Thanks for the help Rosemow. You're always on here helping everyone! ^_^

Hello
    You may like to post feedback on one of these AHQ EA threads.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Garbage-Commands-and-Llama-Icons-Stuck-in-Queue/m-p/6460417#M53447
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-Queue-Dropping/m-p/5459506#M27506
  • Options
    ASingleFluffySockASingleFluffySock Posts: 3 New Member
    Has anyone else had issues with pets getting sick in Selvadorada?
  • Options
    Has anyone else had issues with pets getting sick in Selvadorada?

Hello
    There was another simmer who posted that their pet became sick when visiting Selvadorada. They needed to have their sim return home early, to visit the vet. Perhaps it may help to have a wellness treat in the sims inventory before travelling to Selvadorada with a pet.
  • Options
    PeroxidexoxPeroxidexox Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi there,

I am experiencing a bug where my sim is stuck on vacation, or at least the vacation rental is 'stuck' with my sim in it? The rental is no longer available and when I click on it, it says my sim is currently on vacation here. I have tried traveling to and from. Ending a vacation and starting a new one, etc. When I choose a new rental the same thing happens, and my sim loads into the lot with a bunch of townie sims?

Currently trying to repair my game files hoping that solves the issue?

It's on my 5th generation legacy family, so I'm a little worried. It doesn't prevent me from playing the game, but it does prevent me from being able to use the new game pack.
  • Options
    Hi there,

I am experiencing a bug where my sim is stuck on vacation, or at least the vacation rental is 'stuck' with my sim in it? The rental is no longer available and when I click on it, it says my sim is currently on vacation here. I have tried traveling to and from. Ending a vacation and starting a new one, etc. When I choose a new rental the same thing happens, and my sim loads into the lot with a bunch of townie sims?

Currently trying to repair my game files hoping that solves the issue?

It's on my 5th generation legacy family, so I'm a little worried. It doesn't prevent me from playing the game, but it does prevent me from being able to use the new game pack.

Hello @Peroxide_xox
    I hope that repairing the game helps.

If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there

If the issue remains, try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
  • Options
    megiaremegiare Posts: 421 Member
    Not a new member, but I don't want to start a new thread for this:

Is there a bug with the rambunctious aspiration for kids? I've been having them climb monkey bars for hours as long as they're in a playful state and it never checks off. I've tired this for a couple different kids in different households and none seem to be able to complete it. I did have mods, but I've removed them, repaired my game after 2/22 patch and it's still occurring.

Anyone else?
    aD9wyNW.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    megiare wrote: »
    Not a new member, but I don't want to start a new thread for this:

Is there a bug with the rambunctious aspiration for kids? I've been having them climb monkey bars for hours as long as they're in a playful state and it never checks off. I've tired this for a couple different kids in different households and none seem to be able to complete it. I did have mods, but I've removed them, repaired my game after 2/22 patch and it's still occurring.

Anyone else?

Hello @megiare
    The child needs to play on the pirate ship jungle gym or the spaceship jungle gym. The monkey bars don’t count in fulfilling the task.