Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post game issues

Comments

• Options
    megiaremegiare Posts: 421 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    megiare wrote: »
    Not a new member, but I don't want to start a new thread for this:

Is there a bug with the rambunctious aspiration for kids? I've been having them climb monkey bars for hours as long as they're in a playful state and it never checks off. I've tired this for a couple different kids in different households and none seem to be able to complete it. I did have mods, but I've removed them, repaired my game after 2/22 patch and it's still occurring.

Anyone else?

Hello @megiare
    The child needs to play on the pirate ship jungle gym or the spaceship jungle gym. The monkey bars don’t count in fulfilling the task.

Ah! Thank you.

Do you know, @rosemow, if there's an inventory bug? More often than not, when I drag something out of a sims inventory and place on a counter/table/surface it's invisible. I finally figured out if I go into build mode and move the surface, it reappears. Oh and sims see it there b/c they'll autonomously grab the item or food. (I had a cake disappear and coudln't figure out where the sims eating it got it from :D )
    aD9wyNW.jpg
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member

Is there a bug with the rambunctious aspiration for kids? I've been having them climb monkey bars for hours as long as they're in a playful state and it never checks off. I've tired this for a couple different kids in different households and none seem to be able to complete it. I did have mods, but I've removed them, repaired my game after 2/22 patch and it's still occurring.

Anyone else?

Hello @megiare
    The child needs to play on the pirate ship jungle gym or the spaceship jungle gym. The monkey bars don’t count in fulfilling the task.

Ah! Thank you.

Do you know, @rosemow, if there's an inventory bug? More often than not, when I drag something out of a sims inventory and place on a counter/table/surface it's invisible. I finally figured out if I go into build mode and move the surface, it reappears. Oh and sims see it there b/c they'll autonomously grab the item or food. (I had a cake disappear and coudln't figure out where the sims eating it got it from :D )

Hello
    The items should be visible. Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issue.

If the issues remain, and you have already repaired the game, try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.

• Options
    megiaremegiare Posts: 421 Member

Anyone else?

Hello @megiare

Ah! Thank you.

Hello
    The items should be visible. Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issue.

If the issues remain, and you have already repaired the game, try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.

If I don't hvae any mods should I still test w/ removing the folder? I've had in the previously, but took the only one I had out before the 2/22 patch. The mod folder remained, though.
    aD9wyNW.jpg
  • Options

Anyone else?

Hello @megiare

Ah! Thank you.

Hello

If I don't hvae any mods should I still test w/ removing the folder? I've had in the previously, but took the only one I had out before the 2/22 patch. The mod folder remained, though.

If you don’t have any mods in the folder, you don’t need to test by removing the mods folder
  • Options
    awsomeanna10awsomeanna10 Posts: 2 New Member
    My game is glitched/broken after installing Jungle adventure and 3 other stuff packs?

I just downloaded the new sims game pack jungle adventures,before that I installed a update and after i also got 3 new stuff packs,When i went into my game i noticed some wierd things-

First of all one thing i noticed was that the Jungle Adventures icon wasn't showing up in my game packs section at all-That i had it or didnt,But the big menu screen image was there for it.

Another thing i noticed is that in CAS it didnt show up in the game packs filter either,and that none of the stuff that came with the pack had the logo,it was just marked like base game stuff.

Then the worst of all I went into build/buy mode after all that and the UI wasnt there,at all not even the exit screen thing where it takes you when you press the 3 dots,nothing.

I REALLY dont want to uninstall my game and re install everything,or delete all my mods,I already tried taking all my script mods out,and that didnt work either. And then tried just taking my mods folder out completely and nothing changed either.

I would really appreciate some help :)
  • Options
    My game is glitched/broken after installing Jungle adventure and 3 other stuff packs?

I just downloaded the new sims game pack jungle adventures,before that I installed a update and after i also got 3 new stuff packs,When i went into my game i noticed some wierd things-

First of all one thing i noticed was that the Jungle Adventures icon wasn't showing up in my game packs section at all-That i had it or didnt,But the big menu screen image was there for it.

Another thing i noticed is that in CAS it didnt show up in the game packs filter either,and that none of the stuff that came with the pack had the logo,it was just marked like base game stuff.

Then the worst of all I went into build/buy mode after all that and the UI wasnt there,at all not even the exit screen thing where it takes you when you press the 3 dots,nothing.

I REALLY dont want to uninstall my game and re install everything,or delete all my mods,I already tried taking all my script mods out,and that didnt work either. And then tried just taking my mods folder out completely and nothing changed either.

I would really appreciate some help :)

Hello @awsomeanna10
    There has been many mods broken by the recent patch.
    If you have the 'More CAS Columns'' or “UI Cheats Extension”mods they are broken. It would be best to remove them and download the updated versions. This is a link to a list of some of the broken/updated mods/cc
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/935494/broken-mods-jungle-adventure-feb-2018
    Try doing this as well as checking on other mods that you have, and see if that helps your issues.

Repairing the game may help if the issues remain. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

If the issues still remain, try resetting your sims 4 folder, starting a new save game file, and testing to see if it occurs there also . To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Start a new game and test to see if the issue is in that new save game.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.

• Options
    Loner_SimALoner_SimA Posts: 6 New Member
    I apologize if I didn't do this correctly, I'm still learning how to use the forum but here is my pastebin for my system info link h.t.t.ps://pastebin.com/2kC8RGSS

if I didnt paste this correctly please tell me what I did wrong, I tried resetting my Sims 4 folder and the moment I put my mods folder back in it froze again and said "program is not responding"

Please help :(
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Loner_SimA wrote: »
    I apologize if I didn't do this correctly, I'm still learning how to use the forum but here is my pastebin for my system info link https://pastebin.com/2kC8RGSS

if I didnt paste this correctly please tell me what I did wrong, I tried resetting my Sims 4 folder and the moment I put my mods folder back in it froze again and said "program is not responding"

Please help :(

Hello @Loner_SimA
    It sounds like some of your mods/cc are broken. There has been many mods broken by the recent patches.
    This is a link to a list of some of the broken/updated mods/cc
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/935494/broken-mods-jungle-adventure-feb-2018
    It would be best to remove broken mods and install the updated versions.

Move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. A new mods folder will have been generated in the sims 4 folder. Exit the game, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.

The thread that I posted the link to may help you find the cause of the issues.
  • Options
    Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 452 Member
    Okay guys since I installed Jungle Adventure things are getting a bit whacky in CAS / BM. I keep getting notifications that the game has removed missing content. I have all the the DLC available. No CC or MODS. Repaired my game twice. What do i do?
  • Options
    side_orderside_order Posts: 1 New Member
    Having issues with Jungle Adventures and moving artifacts in and out of the family inventory (not personal inventory). I had all "excellent" quality items, but when put into the family inventory they change to "poor" and the preview image changes to the dirt covered artifact. When dragged out they're uncovered and authenticated though.

Also, the items do not change in appearance to "poor" quality with cracks. They look exactly the same, but the description now says "poor" quality.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    kaylin205 wrote: »
    Okay guys since I installed Jungle Adventure things are getting a bit whacky in CAS / BM. I keep getting notifications that the game has removed missing content. I have all the the DLC available. No CC or MODS. Repaired my game twice. What do i do?

Hello @kaylin205
    There has been some notifications in cas due to missing items because a pair of pants has gone missing since the patch. This post on an AHQ EA thread refers to the issue
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-CAS-Issues/m-p/6650762#M58625
    Sometimes the game generates a message to falsely say items have been removed but it isn’t correct at all. All of the items remain and are still there in the builds.
  • Options
    JinxiePie13JinxiePie13 Posts: 11 New Member
    It's not an issue that can easily be fixed, since it's something the game just doesn't have.. Though, I am sad that I can't change a sim from one race to another in create-a-sim mode. I like the sim I made, but I wanted to be an alien, so to do that, I have to start a whole new other sim.. In TS3 you can easily change a sim's race within create mode (human-witch-werewolf-alien-etc.) but TS4 doesn't have that option :disappointed:

It's something that isn't a huge issue to the majority of simmers, but it would be pretty neat to have anyways :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    side_order wrote: »
    Having issues with Jungle Adventures and moving artifacts in and out of the family inventory (not personal inventory). I had all "excellent" quality items, but when put into the family inventory they change to "poor" and the preview image changes to the dirt covered artifact. When dragged out they're uncovered and authenticated though.

Also, the items do not change in appearance to "poor" quality with cracks. They look exactly the same, but the description now says "poor" quality.

Hello @side_order
    I am sorry that you are having this issue.
    You could try recovering an earlier version of your current save game, that is before you placed the items in the family inventory. Then test to see if the issue occurs again when placing the items again in the household inventory.. To do that , go to the main screen of sims 4, and click on the " load game " button.Click on your save game file picture. Then click on the " recover game " button down the right hand side bottom of the screen,. Press on an earlier version of the save game from the menu that pops up. Then load that save game version.
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test using the eatier save game version, to see if the issues are still there.

Repairing the game may also help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair
  • Options
    It's not an issue that can easily be fixed, since it's something the game just doesn't have.. Though, I am sad that I can't change a sim from one race to another in create-a-sim mode. I like the sim I made, but I wanted to be an alien, so to do that, I have to start a whole new other sim.. In TS3 you can easily change a sim's race within create mode (human-witch-werewolf-alien-etc.) but TS4 doesn't have that option :disappointed:

It's something that isn't a huge issue to the majority of simmers, but it would be pretty neat to have anyways :sweat_smile:

Hello @JinxiePie13
    You may like to post your feedback on a thread in the Games Feedback or the Ideas Corner section of the forums
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-feedback
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-ideas-corner
  • Options
    Loner_SimALoner_SimA Posts: 6 New Member
    Thank you so much for your help, I didn't realize how much broken cc I had.. so I'm just going to start over since it's not a big deal.. Thanks again :)
  • Options
    Linkster66Linkster66 Posts: 3 New Member
    Not sure how to post a new thread, so I will post my issue here. Anyone else have an issue with perk rewards disappearing from your Vet clinic after being purchased? I build enough perk points to purchase rewards and then the next day when my Sim goes back to the clinic all of the purchased perks are gone and I have to start over. I tried using a cheat code to get them back, but again, they always disappear.
  • Options
    Linkster66Linkster66 Posts: 3 New Member
    Second issue I have is with dine out. Customers refuse to eat after being served their meal. They eventually get up, leave an angry 1 star rating and I lose money. Have same issue on 3 different lots, 3 different restaurants.
  • Options
    Loner_SimA wrote: »
    Thank you so much for your help, I didn't realize how much broken cc I had.. so I'm just going to start over since it's not a big deal.. Thanks again :)

You’re welcome :)
  • Options
    Linkster66 wrote: »
    Not sure how to post a new thread, so I will post my issue here. Anyone else have an issue with perk rewards disappearing from your Vet clinic after being purchased? I build enough perk points to purchase rewards and then the next day when my Sim goes back to the clinic all of the purchased perks are gone and I have to start over. I tried using a cheat code to get them back, but again, they always disappear.
    Linkster66 wrote: »
    Second issue I have is with dine out. Customers refuse to eat after being served their meal. They eventually get up, leave an angry 1 star rating and I lose money. Have same issue on 3 different lots, 3 different restaurants.

Hello @Linkster66
    With the issue with the perk rewards disappearing,, if you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.
    If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair.
    Try seeing if doing the above things may also help the issues with the restaurants. If you still are having the issues, try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.

• Options
    oseisanoseisan Posts: 5 New Member
    I am currently encountering a small bug in-game.

You all know when your pet decides to run away for a while? My pet did that and I saved game right after cause I decided to stop playing. Then coming back to play Sims, I decided to switch playing to another Sim household for a while. While playing another Sim household, days continue for any other Sims in the world right? So after I switched again to the Sim household that had a pet ran away, the pet was back! Which is great BUT it's icon down below, still shows that it is missing or not in the lot (shaded/grey). I can interact with my pet just fine EXCEPT when I try to travel, that pet do not show up in my household tab anymore (like it would if it ever ran away and haven't come back).

So, i don't know what to do. I tried debugging it using the testingcheats enabled + SHIFT+CLICK cheat but it did nothing.
  • Options
    oseisan wrote: »
    I am currently encountering a small bug in-game.

You all know when your pet decides to run away for a while? My pet did that and I saved game right after cause I decided to stop playing. Then coming back to play Sims, I decided to switch playing to another Sim household for a while. While playing another Sim household, days continue for any other Sims in the world right? So after I switched again to the Sim household that had a pet ran away, the pet was back! Which is great BUT it's icon down below, still shows that it is missing or not in the lot (shaded/grey). I can interact with my pet just fine EXCEPT when I try to travel, that pet do not show up in my household tab anymore (like it would if it ever ran away and haven't come back).

So, i don't know what to do. I tried debugging it using the testingcheats enabled + SHIFT+CLICK cheat but it did nothing.

Hello @oseisan
    This issue is caused when you switch to another household whilst the pet has run away.
    This AHQ EA thread refers to the issue
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CD-Pet-still-missing-after-returning-home/m-p/6482683#M54506
    A workaround is to try to get the pet to run away again.
  • Options
    ruby_s1mmerruby_s1mmer Posts: 5 New Member
    Hi, so I don't really know how to use this forum and I've tried to find other threads with problems like mine, but none of them have helped me solve anything. I found that a majority of my sim's photos have been deleted from their inventories. There are a few left of each photo category, but not nearly as many of there were. There may have been other things deleted from their inventories, I'm not 100% sure. I have checked the household inventory, they're not there. I tried repairing the game via origin, but the problem remains. I don't use any CC or mods. I don't understand what happened and I don't think it was caused by traveling/working. The only monumental thing that happened was the mother gave birth, but I don't think that would have anything to do with it? Help?
  • Options
    Hi, so I don't really know how to use this forum and I've tried to find other threads with problems like mine, but none of them have helped me solve anything. I found that a majority of my sim's photos have been deleted from their inventories. There are a few left of each photo category, but not nearly as many of there were. There may have been other things deleted from their inventories, I'm not 100% sure. I have checked the household inventory, they're not there. I tried repairing the game via origin, but the problem remains. I don't use any CC or mods. I don't understand what happened and I don't think it was caused by traveling/working. The only monumental thing that happened was the mother gave birth, but I don't think that would have anything to do with it? Help?

Hello @ruby_s1mmer
    I am sorry that the photos were deleted.
    It can be hard to know what has caused this issue. If your sim went to a Festival, this can sometimes cause issues with items in the inventories. Also going to work has sometimes caused items to disappear from inventories.
    You could try recovering an earlier version of your current save game to play, that was before the items disappeared. To do that , go to the main screen of sims 4, and click on the " load game " button.Click on your save game file picture. Then click on the " recover game " button down the right hand side bottom of the screen,. Press on an earlier version of the save game from the menu that pops up. Then load that save game version.
  • Options
    oseisanoseisan Posts: 5 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello @oseisan
    > This issue is caused when you switch to another household whilst the pet has run away.
    > This AHQ EA thread refers to the issue

> A workaround is to try to get the pet to run away again.

How do we make pet ran away? I take care of my pet, funny enough, that's why I always get surprised when it "runs away" but I accepted it now as like a event that happens over time but how do I force it to happen?
  • Options
    oseisan wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello @oseisan
    > This issue is caused when you switch to another household whilst the pet has run away.
    > This AHQ EA thread refers to the issue

> A workaround is to try to get the pet to run away again.

How do we make pet ran away? I take care of my pet, funny enough, that's why I always get surprised when it "runs away" but I accepted it now as like a event that happens over time but how do I force it to happen?

Hello @oseisan
    The way that other simmers have made their pets run away to help the issue is to ignore the pet, and not interact with him :( It is sad to do that, but it does work.