Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post game issues

Comments

• Options
    oseisanoseisan Posts: 5 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > oseisan wrote: »
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > Hello @oseisan
    > > This issue is caused when you switch to another household whilst the pet has run away.
    > > This AHQ EA thread refers to the issue
    >
    > > A workaround is to try to get the pet to run away again.
    >
    > How do we make pet ran away? I take care of my pet, funny enough, that's why I always get surprised when it "runs away" but I accepted it now as like a event that happens over time but how do I force it to happen?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @oseisan
    > The way that other simmers have made their pets run away to help the issue is to ignore the pet, and not interact with him :( It is sad to do that, but it does work.

Oh god, It isssss, I'm going to have a hard time ksdjkl but I gotta do it TT
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,614 Member
    oseisan wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > oseisan wrote: »
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > Hello @oseisan
    > > This issue is caused when you switch to another household whilst the pet has run away.
    > > This AHQ EA thread refers to the issue
    >
    > > A workaround is to try to get the pet to run away again.
    >
    > How do we make pet ran away? I take care of my pet, funny enough, that's why I always get surprised when it "runs away" but I accepted it now as like a event that happens over time but how do I force it to happen?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @oseisan
    > The way that other simmers have made their pets run away to help the issue is to ignore the pet, and not interact with him :( It is sad to do that, but it does work.

Oh god, It isssss, I'm going to have a hard time ksdjkl but I gotta do it TT

I am sorry :( It will help though with the issue.
  • Options
    ruby_s1mmerruby_s1mmer Posts: 5 New Member
    Ok, thank you so much! I've never played with more than one save game before and it says recovering a previous save will create a new save game. Is there possibly a thread about multiple save games and how they work/how to use them that you could direct me to? I've always wanted to use them, but I've been a little nervous. Thanks again for your help! > @rosemow said:
    > ruby_s1mmer wrote: »
    >
    > Hi, so I don't really know how to use this forum and I've tried to find other threads with problems like mine, but none of them have helped me solve anything. I found that a majority of my sim's photos have been deleted from their inventories. There are a few left of each photo category, but not nearly as many of there were. There may have been other things deleted from their inventories, I'm not 100% sure. I have checked the household inventory, they're not there. I tried repairing the game via origin, but the problem remains. I don't use any CC or mods. I don't understand what happened and I don't think it was caused by traveling/working. The only monumental thing that happened was the mother gave birth, but I don't think that would have anything to do with it? Help?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @ruby_s1mmer
    > I am sorry that the photos were deleted.
    > It can be hard to know what has caused this issue. If your sim went to a Festival, this can sometimes cause issues with items in the inventories. Also going to work has sometimes caused items to disappear from inventories.
    > You could try recovering an earlier version of your current save game to play, that was before the items disappeared. To do that , go to the main screen of sims 4, and click on the " load game " button.Click on your save game file picture. Then click on the " recover game " button down the right hand side bottom of the screen,. Press on an earlier version of the save game from the menu that pops up. Then load that save game version.
  • Options
    Ok, thank you so much! I've never played with more than one save game before and it says recovering a previous save will create a new save game. Is there possibly a thread about multiple save games and how they work/how to use them that you could direct me to? I've always wanted to use them, but I've been a little nervous. Thanks again for your help! > @rosemow said:
    > ruby_s1mmer wrote: »
    >
    > Hi, so I don't really know how to use this forum and I've tried to find other threads with problems like mine, but none of them have helped me solve anything. I found that a majority of my sim's photos have been deleted from their inventories. There are a few left of each photo category, but not nearly as many of there were. There may have been other things deleted from their inventories, I'm not 100% sure. I have checked the household inventory, they're not there. I tried repairing the game via origin, but the problem remains. I don't use any CC or mods. I don't understand what happened and I don't think it was caused by traveling/working. The only monumental thing that happened was the mother gave birth, but I don't think that would have anything to do with it? Help?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @ruby_s1mmer
    > I am sorry that the photos were deleted.
    > It can be hard to know what has caused this issue. If your sim went to a Festival, this can sometimes cause issues with items in the inventories. Also going to work has sometimes caused items to disappear from inventories.
    > You could try recovering an earlier version of your current save game to play, that was before the items disappeared. To do that , go to the main screen of sims 4, and click on the " load game " button.Click on your save game file picture. Then click on the " recover game " button down the right hand side bottom of the screen,. Press on an earlier version of the save game from the menu that pops up. Then load that save game version.

Hello @ruby_s1mmer
    This picture may help
    PsGlOPc.png
    When you press the ‘ new game “ button on the main screen of the game, this begins a new game. You can play it, then when saving it, give it a name. When you next play the game, instead of pressing the play button, press the “ load “ button on the main screen. This will take you a menu of your save games, You can then click on and load which save game that you want to play.
    I hope this helps you :)
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I click on a bar and select "hire mixologist", get charged for their services yet they never show up.
  • Options
    calaprfy wrote: »
    I click on a bar and select "hire mixologist", get charged for their services yet they never show up.

Hello
    Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

You may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread if the issue continues
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Hired-sims-don-t-appear/m-p/4781834#M16428
  • Options
    LadyCarolinaRoseLadyCarolinaRose Posts: 7 New Member
    I have an issue where in the "settings" part of the game, nothing comes up! It just says "general" and when you click that, it remains blank! I tried to uninstall all my mods, repair the game, etc. Also, the checkmark in the clothing portion of CAS seems to be broken. The place where you change the gender of your sim is warped and unaccessible. This has made my game unplayable, so if anyone could help, I'd be very grateful!
  • Options
    I have an issue where in the "settings" part of the game, nothing comes up! It just says "general" and when you click that, it remains blank! I tried to uninstall all my mods, repair the game, etc. Also, the checkmark in the clothing portion of CAS seems to be broken. The place where you change the gender of your sim is warped and unaccessible. This has made my game unplayable, so if anyone could help, I'd be very grateful!

Hello @LadyCarolinaRose
    There has been many mods broken by the recent patches.
    If you have the 'More CAS Columns'' or “UI Cheats Extension”mods they are broken. It would be best to remove them and download /install the updated versions. This is a link to a list of some of the other broken/updated mods/cc
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/935494/broken-mods-jungle-adventure-feb-2018

Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then delete the cache files
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files
    Then load your game and see if the issues remain
  • Options
    LadyCarolinaRoseLadyCarolinaRose Posts: 7 New Member
    @rosemow

Thank you! I removed the mods and now the game is working perfectly.
  • Options
    Simmer051999Simmer051999 Posts: 5 New Member
    Hello, I was wondering if someone could help me? I have been a simmer since the beginning I played sims 1, sims 2 and sims 3, however, I have been very busy and active in life I just started the sims 4 and tried to implement custom content into my game I have never EVER had any problems putting cc into s2 or 3. I do not believe I am doing anything wrong, I use winrar to extract the package files,did the Users>Name>Documents>Electronic Arts>Mods and I have the Resource.cfg in the mods folder along with my CC, I enabled Custom content in game and saved then restarted I read online it may not be updated so I updated it to the latest version, made sure CC was enabled and still no results!! I then tried to click the repair option and still nothing Im not sure if im doing something wrong. or there is some underlying issue but its driving me insane!! please help sorry for my rant lol and thank you :)
  • Options
    Hello, I was wondering if someone could help me? I have been a simmer since the beginning I played sims 1, sims 2 and sims 3, however, I have been very busy and active in life I just started the sims 4 and tried to implement custom content into my game I have never EVER had any problems putting cc into s2 or 3. I do not believe I am doing anything wrong, I use winrar to extract the package files,did the Users>Name>Documents>Electronic Arts>Mods and I have the Resource.cfg in the mods folder along with my CC, I enabled Custom content in game and saved then restarted I read online it may not be updated so I updated it to the latest version, made sure CC was enabled and still no results!! I then tried to click the repair option and still nothing Im not sure if im doing something wrong. or there is some underlying issue but its driving me insane!! please help sorry for my rant lol and thank you :)

Hello @Simmer051999
    The mods/cc need to go into the Documents-Electronic Arts -sims 4 -mods folder. You are accidentally putting it in the wrong folder.
    It needs to go into the Sims 4-mods folder. You are putting it into the Electronic Arts -mods folder.
    Try doing this and see if the cc appears.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > Simmer051999 wrote: »
    >
    > Hello, I was wondering if someone could help me? I have been a simmer since the beginning I played sims 1, sims 2 and sims 3, however, I have been very busy and active in life I just started the sims 4 and tried to implement custom content into my game I have never EVER had any problems putting cc into s2 or 3. I do not believe I am doing anything wrong, I use winrar to extract the package files,did the Users>Name>Documents>Electronic Arts>Mods and I have the Resource.cfg in the mods folder along with my CC, I enabled Custom content in game and saved then restarted I read online it may not be updated so I updated it to the latest version, made sure CC was enabled and still no results!! I then tried to click the repair option and still nothing Im not sure if im doing something wrong. or there is some underlying issue but its driving me insane!! please help sorry for my rant lol and thank you :)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @Simmer051999
    > The mods/cc need to go into the Documents-Electronic Arts -sims 4 -mods folder. You are accidentally putting it in the wrong folder.
    > It needs to go into the Sims 4-mods folder. You are putting it into the Electronic Arts -mods folder.
    > Try doing this and see if the cc appears.

Im sorry. What I meant to say was, I put it in Users>Name>Documents>Electronic Arts>Sims 4>Mods Thank you so much for helping me do you know any other issues it could possibly be? thank you :)
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > Hello, I was wondering if someone could help me? I have been a simmer since the beginning I played sims 1, sims 2 and sims 3, however, I have been very busy and active in life I just started the sims 4 and tried to implement custom content into my game I have never EVER had any problems putting cc into s2 or 3. I do not believe I am doing anything wrong, I use winrar to extract the package files,did the Users>Name>Documents>Electronic Arts>Mods and I have the Resource.cfg in the mods folder along with my CC, I enabled Custom content in game and saved then restarted I read online it may not be updated so I updated it to the latest version, made sure CC was enabled and still no results!! I then tried to click the repair option and still nothing Im not sure if im doing something wrong. or there is some underlying issue but its driving me insane!! please help sorry for my rant lol and thank you :)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @Simmer051999
    > The mods/cc need to go into the Documents-Electronic Arts -sims 4 -mods folder. You are accidentally putting it in the wrong folder.
    > It needs to go into the Sims 4-mods folder. You are putting it into the Electronic Arts -mods folder.
    > Try doing this and see if the cc appears.

Im sorry. What I meant to say was, I put it in Users>Name>Documents>Electronic Arts>Sims 4>Mods Thank you so much for helping me do you know any other issues it could possibly be? thank you :)

Hello@Simmer051999
    I am sorry that you are having these issues. Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Launch the game, and a new mods folder will be generated. Exit the game. Then put your mods/cc from the old mods folder into the newly generated mods folder and test to see if the issues remain.
    If a new mods folder is not generated, then the game is using a mods folder somewhere else on your computer. Do you use One Drive? If you do, this can cause issues. It would be best to unsync One Drive and Sims 4 if you do.
    https://support.office.com/en-US/article/Turn-off-or-uninstall-OneDrive-f32a17ce-3336-40fe-9c38-6efb09f944b0
    Try seeing if there is a mods folder in One Drive or in another part of your computer that the game may be using instead of the one that is in your Sims 4 folder,
  • Options
    Chloewright96Chloewright96 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello :) Welcome to the forums.
    > Because of recent spambots attack issues, new discussion threads have been restricted for new members. You are not able to start a new thread until you become a full member.
    > If you have a game issue and are unable to find another thread with a similar issue , you are welcome to post on this thread and there will be simmers who will try to help you with your game issue.

Hi @rosemow,
    Thank you so much for this thread, I've been a member for over 4 years but never posted and now I'm having some issues with the archaeology table on Jungle Adventure. When my sim uses the table either to authenticate an object or to uncover a dirt pile she begins to use it and then almost freezes and doesn't make any progress with the task for a few hours. I've tried waiting this out at normal and triple speed but it doesn't make a difference. When this happens she remains stood in front of the table and she still has the action as the current one in her queue but she almost rocks back and forward on her feet and remains idle. It's really frustrating because it's taking so long to do anything with the archaeology table, and I have tonnes of artifacts I just brought home from Selvadorada. While in Selvadorada it was slow using these actions but it wasn't this bad. When I have managed to uncover and authenticate an object and ask my sim to put it back in her inventory, she makes the swiping motion, as if she is grabbing the artifact but it remains on the table and there is nothing I can do other than Reset (debug) her and get her to do the action again. This usually works for the inventory but doesn't work for actually using the table. I don't use any mods, only cheats. The other expansion packs I have are: Get to work, Outdoor Retreat, Cats and Dogs, City Living and Vampires. I'm not sure if this is a bug other people are having issues with or just me but I can't find an existing thread. I hope someone can help.
    Thanks,
    Chloe
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > Simmer051999 wrote: »
    > >
    > > Hello, I was wondering if someone could help me? I have been a simmer since the beginning I played sims 1, sims 2 and sims 3, however, I have been very busy and active in life I just started the sims 4 and tried to implement custom content into my game I have never EVER had any problems putting cc into s2 or 3. I do not believe I am doing anything wrong, I use winrar to extract the package files,did the Users>Name>Documents>Electronic Arts>Mods and I have the Resource.cfg in the mods folder along with my CC, I enabled Custom content in game and saved then restarted I read online it may not be updated so I updated it to the latest version, made sure CC was enabled and still no results!! I then tried to click the repair option and still nothing Im not sure if im doing something wrong. or there is some underlying issue but its driving me insane!! please help sorry for my rant lol and thank you :)
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello @Simmer051999
    > > The mods/cc need to go into the Documents-Electronic Arts -sims 4 -mods folder. You are accidentally putting it in the wrong folder.
    > > It needs to go into the Sims 4-mods folder. You are putting it into the Electronic Arts -mods folder.
    > > Try doing this and see if the cc appears.
    >
    >
    > Im sorry. What I meant to say was, I put it in Users>Name>Documents>Electronic Arts>Sims 4>Mods Thank you so much for helping me do you know any other issues it could possibly be? thank you :)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello@Simmer051999
    > I am sorry that you are having these issues. Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Launch the game, and a new mods folder will be generated. Exit the game. Then put your mods/cc from the old mods folder into the newly generated mods folder and test to see if the issues remain.
    > If a new mods folder is not generated, then the game is using a mods folder somewhere else on your computer. Do you use One Drive? If you do, this can cause issues. It would be best to unsync One Drive and Sims 4 if you do.
    >
    > Try seeing if there is a mods folder in One Drive or in another part of your computer that the game may be using instead of the one that is in your Sims 4 folder,

I'm so sorry, I am probably so annoying. I tried both of those and it is still not working. Would it be okay if I PMed you screenshots of what it looks like on my end? Perhaps I'm just not seeing something. Thank you so much for your patience and kindness you are wonderful! :)
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > >
    > > Hello, I was wondering if someone could help me? I have been a simmer since the beginning I played sims 1, sims 2 and sims 3, however, I have been very busy and active in life I just started the sims 4 and tried to implement custom content into my game I have never EVER had any problems putting cc into s2 or 3. I do not believe I am doing anything wrong, I use winrar to extract the package files,did the Users>Name>Documents>Electronic Arts>Mods and I have the Resource.cfg in the mods folder along with my CC, I enabled Custom content in game and saved then restarted I read online it may not be updated so I updated it to the latest version, made sure CC was enabled and still no results!! I then tried to click the repair option and still nothing Im not sure if im doing something wrong. or there is some underlying issue but its driving me insane!! please help sorry for my rant lol and thank you :)
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello @Simmer051999
    > > The mods/cc need to go into the Documents-Electronic Arts -sims 4 -mods folder. You are accidentally putting it in the wrong folder.
    > > It needs to go into the Sims 4-mods folder. You are putting it into the Electronic Arts -mods folder.
    > > Try doing this and see if the cc appears.
    >
    >
    > Im sorry. What I meant to say was, I put it in Users>Name>Documents>Electronic Arts>Sims 4>Mods Thank you so much for helping me do you know any other issues it could possibly be? thank you :)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello@Simmer051999
    > I am sorry that you are having these issues. Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Launch the game, and a new mods folder will be generated. Exit the game. Then put your mods/cc from the old mods folder into the newly generated mods folder and test to see if the issues remain.
    > If a new mods folder is not generated, then the game is using a mods folder somewhere else on your computer. Do you use One Drive? If you do, this can cause issues. It would be best to unsync One Drive and Sims 4 if you do.
    >
    > Try seeing if there is a mods folder in One Drive or in another part of your computer that the game may be using instead of the one that is in your Sims 4 folder,

I'm so sorry, I am probably so annoying. I tried both of those and it is still not working. Would it be okay if I PMed you screenshots of what it looks like on my end? Perhaps I'm just not seeing something. Thank you so much for your patience and kindness you are wonderful! :)

Hello
    You don’t need to be sorry, and you are not annoying!
    When you moved the mods folder to the desktop, was a new mods folder generated when you loaded the game?
    Also, do you use One Drive?
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > >
    > > > @rosemow said:
    > > > Simmer051999 wrote: »
    > > >
    > > > Hello, I was wondering if someone could help me? I have been a simmer since the beginning I played sims 1, sims 2 and sims 3, however, I have been very busy and active in life I just started the sims 4 and tried to implement custom content into my game I have never EVER had any problems putting cc into s2 or 3. I do not believe I am doing anything wrong, I use winrar to extract the package files,did the Users>Name>Documents>Electronic Arts>Mods and I have the Resource.cfg in the mods folder along with my CC, I enabled Custom content in game and saved then restarted I read online it may not be updated so I updated it to the latest version, made sure CC was enabled and still no results!! I then tried to click the repair option and still nothing Im not sure if im doing something wrong. or there is some underlying issue but its driving me insane!! please help sorry for my rant lol and thank you :)
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > Hello @Simmer051999
    > > > The mods/cc need to go into the Documents-Electronic Arts -sims 4 -mods folder. You are accidentally putting it in the wrong folder.
    > > > It needs to go into the Sims 4-mods folder. You are putting it into the Electronic Arts -mods folder.
    > > > Try doing this and see if the cc appears.
    > >
    > >
    > > Im sorry. What I meant to say was, I put it in Users>Name>Documents>Electronic Arts>Sims 4>Mods Thank you so much for helping me do you know any other issues it could possibly be? thank you :)
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello@Simmer051999
    > > I am sorry that you are having these issues. Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Launch the game, and a new mods folder will be generated. Exit the game. Then put your mods/cc from the old mods folder into the newly generated mods folder and test to see if the issues remain.
    > > If a new mods folder is not generated, then the game is using a mods folder somewhere else on your computer. Do you use One Drive? If you do, this can cause issues. It would be best to unsync One Drive and Sims 4 if you do.
    > >
    > > Try seeing if there is a mods folder in One Drive or in another part of your computer that the game may be using instead of the one that is in your Sims 4 folder,
    >
    >
    > I'm so sorry, I am probably so annoying. I tried both of those and it is still not working. Would it be okay if I PMed you screenshots of what it looks like on my end? Perhaps I'm just not seeing something. Thank you so much for your patience and kindness you are wonderful! :)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > You don’t need to be sorry, and you are not annoying!
    > When you moved the mods folder to the desktop, was a new mods folder generated when you loaded the game?
    > Also, do you use One Drive?

No I do not have One Drive . I did try to do what you said with the mods folder, but It did not seem to work it is so bizarre. Could my mods folder in my sims 3 game have anything to do with it? although I do not see why that would cause a problem. thank you again! :)
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > >
    > > > @rosemow said:
    > > >
    > > > Hello, I was wondering if someone could help me? I have been a simmer since the beginning I played sims 1, sims 2 and sims 3, however, I have been very busy and active in life I just started the sims 4 and tried to implement custom content into my game I have never EVER had any problems putting cc into s2 or 3. I do not believe I am doing anything wrong, I use winrar to extract the package files,did the Users>Name>Documents>Electronic Arts>Mods and I have the Resource.cfg in the mods folder along with my CC, I enabled Custom content in game and saved then restarted I read online it may not be updated so I updated it to the latest version, made sure CC was enabled and still no results!! I then tried to click the repair option and still nothing Im not sure if im doing something wrong. or there is some underlying issue but its driving me insane!! please help sorry for my rant lol and thank you :)
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > Hello @Simmer051999
    > > > The mods/cc need to go into the Documents-Electronic Arts -sims 4 -mods folder. You are accidentally putting it in the wrong folder.
    > > > It needs to go into the Sims 4-mods folder. You are putting it into the Electronic Arts -mods folder.
    > > > Try doing this and see if the cc appears.
    > >
    > >
    > > Im sorry. What I meant to say was, I put it in Users>Name>Documents>Electronic Arts>Sims 4>Mods Thank you so much for helping me do you know any other issues it could possibly be? thank you :)
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello@Simmer051999
    > > I am sorry that you are having these issues. Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Launch the game, and a new mods folder will be generated. Exit the game. Then put your mods/cc from the old mods folder into the newly generated mods folder and test to see if the issues remain.
    > > If a new mods folder is not generated, then the game is using a mods folder somewhere else on your computer. Do you use One Drive? If you do, this can cause issues. It would be best to unsync One Drive and Sims 4 if you do.
    > >
    > > Try seeing if there is a mods folder in One Drive or in another part of your computer that the game may be using instead of the one that is in your Sims 4 folder,
    >
    >
    > I'm so sorry, I am probably so annoying. I tried both of those and it is still not working. Would it be okay if I PMed you screenshots of what it looks like on my end? Perhaps I'm just not seeing something. Thank you so much for your patience and kindness you are wonderful! :)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > You don’t need to be sorry, and you are not annoying!
    > When you moved the mods folder to the desktop, was a new mods folder generated when you loaded the game?
    > Also, do you use One Drive?

No I do not have One Drive . I did try to do what you said with the mods folder, but It did not seem to work it is so bizarre. Could my mods folder in my sims 3 game have anything to do with it? although I do not see why that would cause a problem. thank you again! :)

Hello
    The game may be using a saves folder that is not in the correct Documents-Electronic Arts -sims 4 folder.Try using the search bar on your computer by typing in “ mods “ , and search to see if there may be another mods folder on your computer that the game is using instead of the one directly in the sims 4 folder.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello :) Welcome to the forums.
    > Because of recent spambots attack issues, new discussion threads have been restricted for new members. You are not able to start a new thread until you become a full member.
    > If you have a game issue and are unable to find another thread with a similar issue , you are welcome to post on this thread and there will be simmers who will try to help you with your game issue.

Hi @rosemow,
    Thank you so much for this thread, I've been a member for over 4 years but never posted and now I'm having some issues with the archaeology table on Jungle Adventure. When my sim uses the table either to authenticate an object or to uncover a dirt pile she begins to use it and then almost freezes and doesn't make any progress with the task for a few hours. I've tried waiting this out at normal and triple speed but it doesn't make a difference. When this happens she remains stood in front of the table and she still has the action as the current one in her queue but she almost rocks back and forward on her feet and remains idle. It's really frustrating because it's taking so long to do anything with the archaeology table, and I have tonnes of artifacts I just brought home from Selvadorada. While in Selvadorada it was slow using these actions but it wasn't this bad. When I have managed to uncover and authenticate an object and ask my sim to put it back in her inventory, she makes the swiping motion, as if she is grabbing the artifact but it remains on the table and there is nothing I can do other than Reset (debug) her and get her to do the action again. This usually works for the inventory but doesn't work for actually using the table. I don't use any mods, only cheats. The other expansion packs I have are: Get to work, Outdoor Retreat, Cats and Dogs, City Living and Vampires. I'm not sure if this is a bug other people are having issues with or just me but I can't find an existing thread. I hope someone can help.
    Thanks,
    Chloe

Hello @Chloewright96
    I am sorry that you are having this issue. Try selling the archaeology table and buying a new one, then test to see if the issues remain.
    If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

• Options
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > >
    > > > @rosemow said:
    > > >
    > > > > @rosemow said:
    > > > > Simmer051999 wrote: »
    > > > >
    > > > > Hello, I was wondering if someone could help me? I have been a simmer since the beginning I played sims 1, sims 2 and sims 3, however, I have been very busy and active in life I just started the sims 4 and tried to implement custom content into my game I have never EVER had any problems putting cc into s2 or 3. I do not believe I am doing anything wrong, I use winrar to extract the package files,did the Users>Name>Documents>Electronic Arts>Mods and I have the Resource.cfg in the mods folder along with my CC, I enabled Custom content in game and saved then restarted I read online it may not be updated so I updated it to the latest version, made sure CC was enabled and still no results!! I then tried to click the repair option and still nothing Im not sure if im doing something wrong. or there is some underlying issue but its driving me insane!! please help sorry for my rant lol and thank you :)
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > > Hello @Simmer051999
    > > > > The mods/cc need to go into the Documents-Electronic Arts -sims 4 -mods folder. You are accidentally putting it in the wrong folder.
    > > > > It needs to go into the Sims 4-mods folder. You are putting it into the Electronic Arts -mods folder.
    > > > > Try doing this and see if the cc appears.
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > Im sorry. What I meant to say was, I put it in Users>Name>Documents>Electronic Arts>Sims 4>Mods Thank you so much for helping me do you know any other issues it could possibly be? thank you :)
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > Hello@Simmer051999
    > > > I am sorry that you are having these issues. Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Launch the game, and a new mods folder will be generated. Exit the game. Then put your mods/cc from the old mods folder into the newly generated mods folder and test to see if the issues remain.
    > > > If a new mods folder is not generated, then the game is using a mods folder somewhere else on your computer. Do you use One Drive? If you do, this can cause issues. It would be best to unsync One Drive and Sims 4 if you do.
    > > >
    > > > Try seeing if there is a mods folder in One Drive or in another part of your computer that the game may be using instead of the one that is in your Sims 4 folder,
    > >
    > >
    > > I'm so sorry, I am probably so annoying. I tried both of those and it is still not working. Would it be okay if I PMed you screenshots of what it looks like on my end? Perhaps I'm just not seeing something. Thank you so much for your patience and kindness you are wonderful! :)
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello
    > > You don’t need to be sorry, and you are not annoying!
    > > When you moved the mods folder to the desktop, was a new mods folder generated when you loaded the game?
    > > Also, do you use One Drive?
    >
    > No I do not have One Drive . I did try to do what you said with the mods folder, but It did not seem to work it is so bizarre. Could my mods folder in my sims 3 game have anything to do with it? although I do not see why that would cause a problem. thank you again! :)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > The game may be using a saves folder that is not in the correct Documents-Electronic Arts -sims 4 folder.Try using the search bar on your computer by typing in “ mods “ , and search to see if there may be another mods folder on your computer that the game is using instead of the one directly in the sims 4 folder.

Thank you so so so much it finally works! :) for some reason there were two sims 4 games that had not been there since the beginning maybe one was Origin and one was saved onto my laptop? you are amazing thank you for your time and help :)
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > >
    > > > @rosemow said:
    > > >
    > > > > @rosemow said:
    > > > > Simmer051999 wrote: »
    > > > >
    > > > > Hello, I was wondering if someone could help me? I have been a simmer since the beginning I played sims 1, sims 2 and sims 3, however, I have been very busy and active in life I just started the sims 4 and tried to implement custom content into my game I have never EVER had any problems putting cc into s2 or 3. I do not believe I am doing anything wrong, I use winrar to extract the package files,did the Users>Name>Documents>Electronic Arts>Mods and I have the Resource.cfg in the mods folder along with my CC, I enabled Custom content in game and saved then restarted I read online it may not be updated so I updated it to the latest version, made sure CC was enabled and still no results!! I then tried to click the repair option and still nothing Im not sure if im doing something wrong. or there is some underlying issue but its driving me insane!! please help sorry for my rant lol and thank you :)
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > > Hello @Simmer051999
    > > > > The mods/cc need to go into the Documents-Electronic Arts -sims 4 -mods folder. You are accidentally putting it in the wrong folder.
    > > > > It needs to go into the Sims 4-mods folder. You are putting it into the Electronic Arts -mods folder.
    > > > > Try doing this and see if the cc appears.
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > Im sorry. What I meant to say was, I put it in Users>Name>Documents>Electronic Arts>Sims 4>Mods Thank you so much for helping me do you know any other issues it could possibly be? thank you :)
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > Hello@Simmer051999
    > > > I am sorry that you are having these issues. Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Launch the game, and a new mods folder will be generated. Exit the game. Then put your mods/cc from the old mods folder into the newly generated mods folder and test to see if the issues remain.
    > > > If a new mods folder is not generated, then the game is using a mods folder somewhere else on your computer. Do you use One Drive? If you do, this can cause issues. It would be best to unsync One Drive and Sims 4 if you do.
    > > >
    > > > Try seeing if there is a mods folder in One Drive or in another part of your computer that the game may be using instead of the one that is in your Sims 4 folder,
    > >
    > >
    > > I'm so sorry, I am probably so annoying. I tried both of those and it is still not working. Would it be okay if I PMed you screenshots of what it looks like on my end? Perhaps I'm just not seeing something. Thank you so much for your patience and kindness you are wonderful! :)
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello
    > > You don’t need to be sorry, and you are not annoying!
    > > When you moved the mods folder to the desktop, was a new mods folder generated when you loaded the game?
    > > Also, do you use One Drive?
    >
    > No I do not have One Drive . I did try to do what you said with the mods folder, but It did not seem to work it is so bizarre. Could my mods folder in my sims 3 game have anything to do with it? although I do not see why that would cause a problem. thank you again! :)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > The game may be using a saves folder that is not in the correct Documents-Electronic Arts -sims 4 folder.Try using the search bar on your computer by typing in “ mods “ , and search to see if there may be another mods folder on your computer that the game is using instead of the one directly in the sims 4 folder.

Thank you so so so much it finally works! :) for some reason there were two sims 4 games that had not been there since the beginning maybe one was Origin and one was saved onto my laptop? you are amazing thank you for your time and help :)

You’re welcome! :) I am glad that it is working now.
  • Options
    Teena94Teena94 Posts: 65 Member
    Thanks for making this thread!! This is about the MCCC mod, I hope I'm not breaking any rules by asking about it?? But I've had the mod for a while and I love it but every time my sim woohoo's now, their relationship level goes down with the person they woohood with and they get a negative relationship sign above their heads after they've done the deed. I've tried googling answers but can't find anything. They're married to each other too so I don't think it has anything to do with their relationship status. Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue?
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Teena94 wrote: »
    Thanks for making this thread!! This is about the MCCC mod, I hope I'm not breaking any rules by asking about it?? But I've had the mod for a while and I love it but every time my sim woohoo's now, their relationship level goes down with the person they woohood with and they get a negative relationship sign above their heads after they've done the deed. I've tried googling answers but can't find anything. They're married to each other too so I don't think it has anything to do with their relationship status. Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue?

Hello @Teena94
    Does this issue still occur if you remove the mod? Do you have the added Woohoo addition to the MCCC mod? If you do, and this is causing issues, it would be best to post on the MCCC mod discord server
    https://discord.gg/AUJ8RAa
    We arent allowed to discuss the Woohoo mod here as it is against forum rules due to the game being teen rated.
  • Options
    Teena94Teena94 Posts: 65 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Teena94 wrote: »
    >
    > Thanks for making this thread!! This is about the MCCC mod, I hope I'm not breaking any rules by asking about it?? But I've had the mod for a while and I love it but every time my sim woohoo's now, their relationship level goes down with the person they woohood with and they get a negative relationship sign above their heads after they've done the deed. I've tried googling answers but can't find anything. They're married to each other too so I don't think it has anything to do with their relationship status. Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @Teena94
    > Does this issue still occur if you remove the mod? Do you have the added Woohoo addition to the MCCC mod? If you do, and this is causing issues, it would be best to post on the MCCC mod discord server
    > We arent allowed to discuss the Woohoo mod here as it is against forum rules due to the game being teen rated.

No it's only there with the mod. Okay, I'll go ask on the discord site. Thanks so much for responding!