Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post game issues

Comments

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Is there a way to resize the cursor? It doesn't respond to UI-scaling through the options.ini file like every other element. At 3840x2160, it's really tiny (about a quarter the size of the native cursor) and hard to see.

The higher the resolution, the smaller the UI will be. This game was designed to run at 1080p resolution. To make the ui larger you would have to lower your in game resolution in the launcher.
  • Options
    RadicalMissyMRadicalMissyM Posts: 41 Member
    I have the Sims on my PC, and when I play the game it seems to make my laptop slower and takes forever to exit and sometimes I have to click on a person or item multiple times before the menu to interact with it pops up, is this because I'm playing it on a laptop, is it supposed to be played on a desktop computer?
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    I have the Sims on my PC, and when I play the game it seems to make my laptop slower and takes forever to exit and sometimes I have to click on a person or item multiple times before the menu to interact with it pops up, is this because I'm playing it on a laptop, is it supposed to be played on a desktop computer?

Hello @RadicalMissyM
    The recommended requirenments to play the game are based on a desktop computer. A laptop needs to have higher specifications when playing the game

If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

Try deleting the cache files and see if that helps
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps

Try lowering your graphics settings and see if that helps. Lower the ingame screen resolution in game options
    Check to make sure that your graphics drivers are up todate

If the issues remain, could you please post your DxDiag info here.
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report

After you have saved your dxdiag info on your computer, go to the pastebin site https://pastebin.com
    and copy/paste the dxdiag info into the white box there. Press the button to create the new paste/pastebin text file.
    Then post here in this thread the web address of your dxdiag info that is on the pastebin site. You will need to replace the http in the address with h.t.t.p as you are a new member and can’t post links
  • Options
    @rosemow I'm not sure what you mean by 'graphics drivers', in the game or my laptop? My Sims don't really have any items in their inventories except upgrade parts. I'll try repairing the game and deleting the cache files though, will that delete my Sims household?
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    @rosemow I'm not sure what you mean by 'graphics drivers', in the game or my laptop? My Sims don't really have any items in their inventories except upgrade parts. I'll try repairing the game and deleting the cache files though, will that delete my Sims household?

Hello
    I meant the graphics drivers your laptop graphics card.

Repairing the game and deleting the cache files won’t affect your sims household
  • Options
    DarthEdgesDarthEdges Posts: 5 New Member
    @phoebebebe13 @chesterbigbird thanks for the info, I tried with another monitor and the issue is not been cleared. I will upgrade my ryzen in the next couple of weeks,I got skipped some driver updates from nvidia,maybe later I will try reinstalling the drivers
  • Options
    @rosemow I have no idea how to check that, not a huge expert on computers in that aspect.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    @rosemow I have no idea how to check that, not a huge expert on computers in that aspect.

Hello @RadicalMissyM
    Go to the website of the maker of your computer, and in the support section, search for your computer model. Then download any drivers that are needed there. It will show any updated graphics drivers that may need to be installed for your computer.

This link may also help
    https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/finding-devices-and-updating-drivers/
  • Options
    MumuDesuyoMumuDesuyo Posts: 36 Member
    Hi
    So my issue is that whenever I load up the game, my cursor is constantly doing the 'loading' spinning wheel thing and its so annoying.
    It never changes to the ingame cursor and it will keep spinning for eternity.
    Once, did I make it become a regular mouse - but not the custom in-game cursor, just the regular you see anywhere else outside the game.
    But when rotating the right-click camera, it bugs out and even though it should be invisible during that, I can see it and it lags out my game a bit.
    And its frankly quite annoying.

Does anyone know how to fix that?

I dont know why it started doing that, I hadn't played the game for a while and when I loaded up the game, thats what I got.
  • Options
    MumuDesuyo wrote: »
    Hi
    So my issue is that whenever I load up the game, my cursor is constantly doing the 'loading' spinning wheel thing and its so annoying.
    It never changes to the ingame cursor and it will keep spinning for eternity.
    Once, did I make it become a regular mouse - but not the custom in-game cursor, just the regular you see anywhere else outside the game.
    But when rotating the right-click camera, it bugs out and even though it should be invisible during that, I can see it and it lags out my game a bit.
    And its frankly quite annoying.

Does anyone know how to fix that?

I dont know why it started doing that, I hadn't played the game for a while and when I loaded up the game, thats what I got.

Hello @MumuDesuyo
    I am sorry that you are having these issues.

Try unplugging the mouse, then plugging it in again and see if that helps. Try also testing with using a different mouse to see if the issues remain.

If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder, starting a new save game file, and testing to see if it occurs there also . To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Start a new game and test to see if the issue is in that new save game.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
  • Options
    Cabey333Cabey333 Posts: 6 New Member
    Hello :) on my part, I've experienced a few problems when loading households. It seems like my game doesn't save exactly where I left off and my Sims are already very late for work. Also, every time my Sims go out, they have bills to pay when they come back. Every single time! They run out of money pretty quickly :/ anyone else had these bugs?
  • Options
    Cabey333 wrote: »
    Hello :) on my part, I've experienced a few problems when loading households. It seems like my game doesn't save exactly where I left off and my Sims are already very late for work. Also, every time my Sims go out, they have bills to pay when they come back. Every single time! They run out of money pretty quickly :/ anyone else had these bugs?

Hello @Cabey333
    If you load a household, whilst it is during their work hours, the game will say that they are late for work. It is best to load or rotate to another household outside their working hours.

With the bills issue, if you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.
    If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files
  • Options
    moniamay1972moniamay1972 Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi,has anything changed in the gallery's rules? Why are not popular homes visible in the top? all are mixed up, is this my issue only? do everyone have it now the same? My house is not visible in the popular, I added my house to the gallery on February 11 and now he has over 1,800 downloads and is not available in the popular, why? does anyone know?Thank you for the answer.
  • Options
    Hi,has anything changed in the gallery's rules? Why are not popular homes visible in the top? all are mixed up, is this my issue only? do everyone have it now the same? My house is not visible in the popular, I added my house to the gallery on February 11 and now he has over 1,800 downloads and is not available in the popular, why? does anyone know?Thank you for the answer.

Hello
    There has been some issues with the Gallery lately. Other simmers have also posted similar posts to your issue. The issue may sort itself out soon.
  • Options
    moniamay1972moniamay1972 Posts: 3 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello
    > There has been some issues with the Gallery lately. Other simmers have also posted similar posts to your issue. The issue may sort itself out soon.
    Thank you so much.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello
    > There has been some issues with the Gallery lately. Other simmers have also posted similar posts to your issue. The issue may sort itself out soon.
    Thank you so much.

You’re welcome :)
  • Options
    ThmDoveThmDove Posts: 47 Member
    I'm not able to upload to the gallery at the moment. It spins until I exit the game. On some occasion it uploads even though it says it hasn't and then I have already tried to reupload and therefore there are multiple uploads. Does anyone else have a problem with the gallery at present?
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    ThmDove wrote: »
    I'm not able to upload to the gallery at the moment. It spins until I exit the game. On some occasion it uploads even though it says it hasn't and then I have already tried to reupload and therefore there are multiple uploads. Does anyone else have a problem with the gallery at present?

Hello @ThmDove
    I am sorry that you are having uploading isssues.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair.

https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

Try switching to windowed mode and see if that helps.

If the issues remain, try uninstalling and reinstalling origin and see if that helps

Edit : There has been other simmers posting that they are having gallery issues also. It would be best to try uploading later on in the day,
    Post edited by rosemow on
  • Options
    ThmDoveThmDove Posts: 47 Member
    Thank you. I will give it a go
  • Options
    ThmDove wrote: »
    Thank you. I will give it a go

Hello
    You’re welcome. It is best to wait to later in the day, when Gallery server or maintenance issues may be fixed.
  • Options
    PinkPanic23PinkPanic23 Posts: 1 New Member
    I have an issue my pet is stuck on a counter, my sims can't pick him up. I tried resetting but it didn't work what do i do?
  • Options
    I have an issue my pet is stuck on a counter, my sims can't pick him up. I tried resetting but it didn't work what do i do?

Hello @PinkPanic23
    Try having your sims travel to another lot and then back home again and see if that helps with the issue.
  • Options
    3DPrinter3DPrinter Posts: 6 New Member
    Hi. I kind of had a problem with getting Sims 4 to start ever since I switched to Windowed Mode. I switched from fullscreen to Windowed Mode yesterday and I suddenly am now unable to get the game to start. It gets past the Maxis symbol and the Sims 4 logo with the copyright, but after that, it just suddenly goes white and unresponsive. I'm sure that it's not mods or CC, and I feel the cause of it might be that it's in windowed mode. Is there any way to switch Sims 4 to fullscreen again in Origin? I know there's a way to make the game windowed, but not a way to make it not windowed... Thank you for your time! :)
  • Options
    Mxng0qMxng0q Posts: 1 New Member
    Thank you
  • Options
    3DPrinter wrote: »
    Hi. I kind of had a problem with getting Sims 4 to start ever since I switched to Windowed Mode. I switched from fullscreen to Windowed Mode yesterday and I suddenly am now unable to get the game to start. It gets past the Maxis symbol and the Sims 4 logo with the copyright, but after that, it just suddenly goes white and unresponsive. I'm sure that it's not mods or CC, and I feel the cause of it might be that it's in windowed mode. Is there any way to switch Sims 4 to fullscreen again in Origin? I know there's a way to make the game windowed, but not a way to make it not windowed... Thank you for your time! :)

Hello @3DPrinter
    You could try logging into Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture, and choose Game Properties
    Add -f to the Command Line Argument field
    Hit Apply
    Then launch the game and see if that helps.

If the issue remains, try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues.

Repairing the game may also help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair