Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post game issues

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Mxng0q wrote: »
    Thank you

Hello :) Welcome to the forums! Just a little information . You need to have 25points and 15 posts before you can become a full member and can then change your profile picture , post pictures, have a signature, start new threads, edit posts , post links that show up correctly, and have quotes appear in grey boxes ,This thread explain about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/934205/small-change-for-new-members#latest
    Happy simming! :)
  • Options
    keenaannkeenaann Posts: 3 New Member
    Hello! I've tried searching for this but I might not be using the correct terms. I bought City Living (through Origin) last year. As soon as I downloaded it, it's been non-stop issues. My Sim cannot communicate with anyone, no menu comes up when you click on them and they don't initiate conversation. Commands are ignored and certain items can't be interacted with like the chess board - "ponder moves" is the only option and it cancels as soon as you sit down. At times, actions will reset themselves - ie. you use the toilet and bladder bar turns green but then goes back to where it had been. If I accept a date request at a location, the person shows up at my apartment but the event bar is there and then I cannot click to travel anywhere. Most of the festival notifications have the bar grayed out. Sometimes the time bar skips back ie. it's 4pm but then jumps backward to 3pm. Needs deteriorate drasticatically when travelling. When I first moved my sim and selected "keep furnishings", when she arrived at the new apartment, her home inventory was empty and I had to exit without saving and do it again.

None of these things seem to appear in bug lists so I'm not sure how to fix things. All my updates are done, I've uninstalled and reinstalled... Help please! :)
  • Options
    keenaann wrote: »
    Hello! I've tried searching for this but I might not be using the correct terms. I bought City Living (through Origin) last year. As soon as I downloaded it, it's been non-stop issues. My Sim cannot communicate with anyone, no menu comes up when you click on them and they don't initiate conversation. Commands are ignored and certain items can't be interacted with like the chess board - "ponder moves" is the only option and it cancels as soon as you sit down. At times, actions will reset themselves - ie. you use the toilet and bladder bar turns green but then goes back to where it had been. If I accept a date request at a location, the person shows up at my apartment but the event bar is there and then I cannot click to travel anywhere. Most of the festival notifications have the bar grayed out. Sometimes the time bar skips back ie. it's 4pm but then jumps backward to 3pm. Needs deteriorate drasticatically when travelling. When I first moved my sim and selected "keep furnishings", when she arrived at the new apartment, her home inventory was empty and I had to exit without saving and do it again.

None of these things seem to appear in bug lists so I'm not sure how to fix things. All my updates are done, I've uninstalled and reinstalled... Help please! :)

Hello @keenaann
    I am sorry that you are having these issues.

If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

Try resetting your sims 4 folder, starting a new save game file, and testing to see if it occurs there also . To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Start a new game and test to see if the issues are also in that new save game.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
  • Options
    BetGrace17BetGrace17 Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi! I downloaded the camping add on in Sims 4 and now my sims can't woohoo or try for a baby. I've been playing the game for a long time, so i do know the obvious things that need to be done. There's no obstructions, they can both sleep in the bed just fine. I even tried buying different beds. They're both adults who are married. Their friendship bar and romantic bar are maxed out. They also can get really flirty. I've even created new sims because I wanted their personalities to match the camping scene, and even they can't woohoo. I will probably just adopt for now, but I really enjoy my sims having babies. Oh, I've never done any mods or anything else "special", just normal game play.
  • Options
    BetGrace17 wrote: »
    Hi! I downloaded the camping add on in Sims 4 and now my sims can't woohoo or try for a baby. I've been playing the game for a long time, so i do know the obvious things that need to be done. There's no obstructions, they can both sleep in the bed just fine. I even tried buying different beds. They're both adults who are married. Their friendship bar and romantic bar are maxed out. They also can get really flirty. I've even created new sims because I wanted their personalities to match the camping scene, and even they can't woohoo. I will probably just adopt for now, but I really enjoy my sims having babies. Oh, I've never done any mods or anything else "special", just normal game play.

Hello @BetGrace17
    Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

Try resetting your sims 4 folder, starting a new save game file, and testing to see if it occurs there also . To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Start a new game and test to see if the issue is in that new save game.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
    Then test your game again to see if the issues remain.

• Options
    > Hello @BetGrace17
    > Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair
    >
    > Try resetting your sims 4 folder, starting a new save game file, and testing to see if it occurs there also . To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    > Start a new game and test to see if the issue is in that new save game.
    > Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
    > Then test your game again to see if the issues remain.

I tried repairing the game and that didn't help. I moved the folder and created a new game, but that didn't help either :neutral: I'm not very good with computers. I may have my husband try when he gets home just to see. I appreciate you helping and explaining how to do everything!
  • Options
    > Hello @BetGrace17
    > Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair
    >
    > Try resetting your sims 4 folder, starting a new save game file, and testing to see if it occurs there also . To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    > Start a new game and test to see if the issue is in that new save game.
    > Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
    > Then test your game again to see if the issues remain.

I tried repairing the game and that didn't help. I moved the folder and created a new game, but that didn't help either :neutral: I'm not very good with computers. I may have my husband try when he gets home just to see. I appreciate you helping and explaining how to do everything!

Hello @BetGrace17
    Was the issue still occurring in the new save game?
    Are the sims able to woohoo or try for a baby anywhere else apart from the bed , such as the closet or the bush that came with the ep packs, or somewhere else?
  • Options
    > Hello @BetGrace17
    > Was the issue still occurring in the new save game?
    > Are the sims able to woohoo or try for a baby anywhere else apart from the bed , such as the closet or the bush that came with the ep packs, or somewhere else?

The lot I'm living on is small, so I couldn't add my rocketship or telescope to test that. I did just discover that they can while on vacation :)
  • Options
    > Hello @BetGrace17
    > Was the issue still occurring in the new save game?
    > Are the sims able to woohoo or try for a baby anywhere else apart from the bed , such as the closet or the bush that came with the ep packs, or somewhere else?

The lot I'm living on is small, so I couldn't add my rocketship or telescope to test that. I did just discover that they can while on vacation :)

There may be issues with the placement of the bed. Try placing the bed in an open area of the bedroom and see if the issues remain.
    Try moving the furniture around and see if that may help.

Evicting the sims household then placing them back into their original home may also help.
  • Options
    MumuDesuyoMumuDesuyo Posts: 36 Member
    edited February 2018
    rosemow wrote: »
    MumuDesuyo wrote: »
    Hi
    So my issue is that whenever I load up the game, my cursor is constantly doing the 'loading' spinning wheel thing and its so annoying.
    It never changes to the ingame cursor and it will keep spinning for eternity.
    Once, did I make it become a regular mouse - but not the custom in-game cursor, just the regular you see anywhere else outside the game.
    But when rotating the right-click camera, it bugs out and even though it should be invisible during that, I can see it and it lags out my game a bit.
    And its frankly quite annoying.

Does anyone know how to fix that?

I dont know why it started doing that, I hadn't played the game for a while and when I loaded up the game, thats what I got.

Hello @MumuDesuyo

Try unplugging the mouse, then plugging it in again and see if that helps. Try also testing with using a different mouse to see if the issues remain.

If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.

I dont know what did it 100% since I did everything at once, but I believe its the last one with removing the sims 4 folder - because it was still there when making the new game file and then I exited the game and then started sims back up again it now shows the real cursor
    Thank youu so much
  • Options
    Hi
    So my issue is that whenever I load up the game, my cursor is constantly doing the 'loading' spinning wheel thing and its so annoying.
    Once, did I make it become a regular mouse - but not the custom in-game cursor, just the regular you see anywhere else outside the game.
    But when rotating the right-click camera, it bugs out and even though it should be invisible during that, I can see it and it lags out my game a bit.

I dont know why it started doing that, I hadn't played the game for a while and when I loaded up the game, thats what I got.

Hello @MumuDesuyo

Try unplugging the mouse, then plugging it in again and see if that helps. Try also testing with using a different mouse to see if the issues remain.

Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.

I dont know what did it 100% since I did everything at once, but I believe its the last one with removing the sims 4 folder - because it was still there when making the new game file and then I exited the game and then started sims back up again it now shows the real cursor
    Thank youu so much

You’re welcome :) I am glad that it is working okay now .
  • Options
    GasolineCreaGasolineCrea Posts: 135 Member
    Heyooo, I've been having a huge issue for a while now and I can't find anyone who's had a similar issue. Basically, sims works...but very slowly. My sims move fine, nothing visually lags...but when I give my sims a command, they don't react for a good ten seconds, or sometimes at all, until I pause the game (which takes about ten seconds sometimes to actually register) and unpause. The sim just kind of stands there, stuck on what they were doing. This applies to the whole game when it happens. Everyone just...stops. This almost killed my vampire sim twice, when she just stopped moving in the middle of the sun after getting home from school.

I have the latest version of MC command centre, but I had this issue long before I installed that, so I don't think it's the issue. This problem has chased me from my old computer to my new one, and it doesn't seem to be going away. I need help, it's driving me mad.

Thanks~
    So many sorcerers ~
  • Options
    Heyooo, I've been having a huge issue for a while now and I can't find anyone who's had a similar issue. Basically, sims works...but very slowly. My sims move fine, nothing visually lags...but when I give my sims a command, they don't react for a good ten seconds, or sometimes at all, until I pause the game (which takes about ten seconds sometimes to actually register) and unpause. The sim just kind of stands there, stuck on what they were doing. This applies to the whole game when it happens. Everyone just...stops. This almost killed my vampire sim twice, when she just stopped moving in the middle of the sun after getting home from school.

I have the latest version of MC command centre, but I had this issue long before I installed that, so I don't think it's the issue. This problem has chased me from my old computer to my new one, and it doesn't seem to be going away. I need help, it's driving me mad.

Thanks~

Hello @GasolineCrea

Move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

Make sure that your graphics drivers are up to date

If the issues still remain, could you please post your DxDiag info here.
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
    After you have saved your dxdiag info on your computer, go to the pastebin site https://pastebin.com
    and copy/paste the dxdiag info into the white box there. Press the button to create the new paste/pastebin text file.
    Then post here in this thread the web address of your dxdiag info that is on the pastebin site. You will need to replace the http in the address with h.t.t.p as you are a new member and can’t post links.

• Options
    MumuDesuyoMumuDesuyo Posts: 36 Member
    Hi

Hello @MumuDesuyo

Thank youu so much

Ok so apparently it only worked for that one game session because its doing it again :neutral: and its a pain to do it every time I want to play because it resets my settings everytime
  • Options
    Hi

Hello @MumuDesuyo

Thank youu so much

Ok so apparently it only worked for that one game session because its doing it again :neutral: and its a pain to do it every time I want to play because it resets my settings everytime

Hello
    Make sure that your graphics drivers are up to date.

Try playing in windowed mode and see if that helps.

Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game
  • Options
    LukeHeath21LukeHeath21 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi this is the first time using a forum so I might be using it wrong. I'm having an issue with the city living. I buy the little statues at the flea market and when I go to put them down from either my sims inventory or my household one it doesn't go down and simply vanishes. This is also an issue with furniture where anything I buy there vanishes when placed down. If anyone's knows a fix that'd be great. Thank you.
  • Options
    Hi this is the first time using a forum so I might be using it wrong. I'm having an issue with the city living. I buy the little statues at the flea market and when I go to put them down from either my sims inventory or my household one it doesn't go down and simply vanishes. This is also an issue with furniture where anything I buy there vanishes when placed down. If anyone's knows a fix that'd be great. Thank you.

Hello @LukeHeath21
    I am sorry that this is occurring in your game.Other simmers are also having this issue. This is a link to the AHQ EA thread about the issue. You may like to also post feedback there. There isn’t a fix at the moment.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Duplicate-glitched-items-after-flea-market-purchase/m-p/6007299#M37132
  • Options
    DumbstruckedDumbstrucked Posts: 11 New Member
    Hello!
    I've tried doing the testingcheats true command after I've updated my sims 4 game but it said that it's unable to execute my command.
    What should I do?
  • Options
    DumbstruckedDumbstrucked Posts: 11 New Member
    > @Dumbstrucked said:
    > Hello!
    > I've tried doing the testingcheats true command after I've updated my sims 4 game but it said that it's unable to execute my command.
    > What should I do?
    >

Sorry, for some odd reason it works now.
  • Options
    > @Dumbstrucked said:
    > Hello!
    > I've tried doing the testingcheats true command after I've updated my sims 4 game but it said that it's unable to execute my command.
    > What should I do?
    >

Sorry, for some odd reason it works now.

It is good that it is working now :)
  • Options
    LizzyBrdn59LizzyBrdn59 Posts: 52 Member
    anyone having issues with birthdays? My sim bakes a cake, then I try to add candles and it's a no go... I have no mods that should affect any sort of food stuff, so not certain what's going on... Thanks in advance... ;)
  • Options
    anyone having issues with birthdays? My sim bakes a cake, then I try to add candles and it's a no go... I have no mods that should affect any sort of food stuff, so not certain what's going on... Thanks in advance... ;)

Hello @LizzyBrdn59
    Other simmers have been having issues with the candles. There are a few things to try doing to see if helps.
    Move the cake to the fridge. Then manually move it out of the fridge, put it on a counter/table and see if the issues remain.
    Try putting the cake on different counters/tables/surfaces and in different positions on the surfaces and see if that helps. It can help if the cake is in the middle of the surface, not on the edge.
    Make sure that the cake is on its own on the table, with no build/buy mode items with it.
    Try cooking a different variety of the cake.
    Put it in your sims inventory, then choose the option to “ place in world”
    If the issues remain, and you own Dine Out pack, you could have them go to a restaurant, and use the " bring out cake " option , then add candles there.
  • Options
    LizzyBrdn59LizzyBrdn59 Posts: 52 Member

Hello @LizzyBrdn59
    Other simmers have been having issues with the candles. There are a few things to try doing to see if helps.
    Move the cake to the fridge. Then manually move it out of the fridge, put it on a counter/table and see if the issues remain.
    Try putting the cake on different counters/tables/surfaces and in different positions on the surfaces and see if that helps. It can help if the cake is in the middle of the surface, not on the edge.
    Make sure that the cake is on its own on the table, with no build/buy mode items with it.
    If the issues remain, and you own Dine Out pack, you could have them go to a restaurant, and use the " bring out cake " option , then add candles there.

I've tried a few of those, I will try the rest, and as always thanks so much for your quick response... good to know I'm not the only one having the issue...
  • Options

Hello @LizzyBrdn59

I've tried a few of those, I will try the rest, and as always thanks so much for your quick response... good to know I'm not the only one having the issue...

You’re welcome :) Other simmers do sometimes have this issue.
  • Options
    Stephzor93Stephzor93 Posts: 10 New Member
    Hello! Been a while since I posted, but are there a work around for counters changing sizes automatically? It's hard to explain without images, but I'm using the "Alpha Beta Phong" counters, and I'm placing an Inner Corner against a wall - It will change to a smaller size with different dimensions, and no longer line up with its normal sized brethren. It will only line up completely if every counter is against a wall as well.

Is there any way to stop this automatic resizing? I've tried placing half walls with some move.objects trickery, but it will only work if the wall is over a certain height and I don't want the wall visible.