Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    Just realised it's 2 weeks until I get to change my banner again!!! (I'm hyped. Currently screenshotting some chapters to get ahead for next month!!)

you better keep your avi. just because i like it not because i'd be upset.

I'll keep it until Rye gets a boyfriend then i'm changing it. (She's a teen in my game, i'm about 4/5 chapters ahead of the story. :) )

Edit: Actually i'm changing it to Claude's wedding pic when I get to that point. I love that picture!

@Bugsie2016 Claude's getting married???? :smiley: I can't wait for the wedding!
    Hopefully he's marrying Ally! He better be marrying Ally! >:)
    You knew he was getting married. Also, of course he's marrying Ally. I just never confirmed it before because they weren't dating. Now they are I feel I can confirm it. :smiley:

@Bugsie2016 Yesss! My day is made! (Does a little jig)! :smiley:

I'm hyped for it. He's my first simlit baby (first baby born in any of my stories!) and i'm so proud of him. Is that weird to say???

@Bugsie2016 Nah! That's cool! XD Does that mean the other children were Cas born?

Nah, only Harry. Vince, Delta and Beth were in game but they're all younger than Claude. Claude's Maria's oldest child. :)
    Maria's in the next chapter actually along with Bob....

@Bugsie2016 I see. So what's Claude?

He's Vince's twin, he was born in game. :)

@Bugsie2016 I see! Oh right now I understand what you meant! Claude was the first baby along with his twin born in any of your stories! ;) Oh this wedding will be really special then. <3
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Just realised it's 2 weeks until I get to change my banner again!!! (I'm hyped. Currently screenshotting some chapters to get ahead for next month!!)

you better keep your avi. just because i like it not because i'd be upset.

I'll keep it until Rye gets a boyfriend then i'm changing it. (She's a teen in my game, i'm about 4/5 chapters ahead of the story. :) )

Edit: Actually i'm changing it to Claude's wedding pic when I get to that point. I love that picture!

@Bugsie2016 Claude's getting married???? :smiley: I can't wait for the wedding!
    Hopefully he's marrying Ally! He better be marrying Ally! >:)
    You knew he was getting married. Also, of course he's marrying Ally. I just never confirmed it before because they weren't dating. Now they are I feel I can confirm it. :smiley:

@Bugsie2016 Yesss! My day is made! (Does a little jig)! :smiley:

I'm hyped for it. He's my first simlit baby (first baby born in any of my stories!) and i'm so proud of him. Is that weird to say???

@Bugsie2016 Nah! That's cool! XD Does that mean the other children were Cas born?

Nah, only Harry. Vince, Delta and Beth were in game but they're all younger than Claude. Claude's Maria's oldest child. :)
    Maria's in the next chapter actually along with Bob....

@Bugsie2016 I see. So what's Claude?

He's Vince's twin, he was born in game. :)

@Bugsie2016 I see! Oh right now I understand what you meant! Claude was the first baby along with his twin born in any of your stories! ;) Oh this wedding will be really special then. <3

Yep but it's a very short wedding (literally part of a bigger chapter). Claude wouldn't be the type for a big wedding..his brother is the extrovert. :lol: Anyway, enough of my story for today. :)
  • Options
    StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member
    A new extra post is up as things take a decidedly unpleasant turn for Marissa and Laila.

Extra Post: A Nasty Turn

post.jpg
  • Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    Hi, everyone! Quick question: have you added another trait or two to any of your sims/characters? Whether it be via the mod or just randomly on your own? Just to help you out with storylines or adding a little extra oomph to their story? I always seem to draw blanks with that. It's my flaw. :D
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    Hi, everyone! Quick question: have you added another trait or two to any of your sims/characters? Whether it be via the mod or just randomly on your own? Just to help you out with storylines or adding a little extra oomph to their story? I always seem to draw blanks with that. It's my flaw. :D

@lovesstorms that's an interesting question. I tend to mostly ignore sims traits, since my sims tend to ignore them too. For example, one of the protagonists in my story, Alex, shows characteristics and moodlets that only sims with the 'insane' trait have, but he hasn't got the insane trait. Another sim, who happens to be Alex's uncle, was incredibly flirty, but he had the none flirty trait. Let's just say my sims are rebels, or my game's full of glitches. :D
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i found a house i liked then noel got stuck on a ledge with adrian. so i have to find a differnt one.
  • Options
    BlackUndecimberBlackUndecimber Posts: 1,116 Member

@lovesstorms that's an interesting question. I tend to mostly ignore sims traits, since my sims tend to ignore them too. For example, one of the protagonists in my story, Alex, shows characteristics and moodlets that only sims with the 'insane' trait have, but he hasn't got the insane trait. Another sim, who happens to be Alex's uncle, was incredibly flirty, but he had the none flirty trait. Let's just say my sims are rebels, or my game's full of glitches. :D

I KNEW Alex was secretly insane
  • Options
    IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member
    @CathyTea and @friendsfan367 thank you for the advice! I'm definitely going to keep on trucking and continue to write my story. I think I'll ask a few specific questions with the coming chapters. And I just might have to take you up on that offer @simscognito :)
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    @AkramA Yes I do reread my stories sometimes, usually so I can recap what happened in a chapter and to make edits or to ensure continuity. Sometimes I will after I get a lot of comments on a chapter also so I can remember what people are talking about and respond appropriately.

Ouch @superkyle221. That's terrible your computer was stolen. I really hope you get your computer back. I can understand how frustrating that might be. If I continue having issues with my desktop and I'm unable to transfer files between harddrives, I may need to recreate Sims, especially my TS4 Sims. I'm going to be annoyed if I need to recreate/remod/redesign/reset up all my TS3 worlds and characters. Even so, I have done it before when I've lost or corrupted content. It's a pain in the rear, but I did take a month to recreate things because I was really attached to characters and stories. I hope you figure something out. I used pictures and screenshots and then memory to recreate them. Or you can do like others have said and create new but similar looking characters and just add a note to your blog. I wouldn't restart or redo a story unless you really really want to since it's a lot of work. Or see if someone will help you recreate characters. Good luck!

@CathyTea I'm excited about Book Club. Looking forward to reading again. :)

@MadameLee I hope your mom is okay and her wrist heals. What do you need the fruit for? Do you have someone else who can help out?

@Lynnwood Happy birthday! Hope you had a lovely day!

@IchigoUsagi As far as getting more interactive comments, you can try advertising over here in the forums (or the Bouncy Castle thread ) to ask for feedback/advice/input. In terms of getting more comments, it definitely took awhile before I got regular comments, mostly requiring me to read others' stories and comment and to be active, friendly, and interact as much as I could within reason so to show people you're interested in their stuff too. I hope you find something that works and I wish you luck. Keep writing though and stick with it, even if just for yourself. :) And be patient. It takes time.

@lovesstorms I try and pick traits that fit what I want, but like @simscognito said, my Sims are rebels and often do what they want. As a story-driven writer, I don't mind this at all because I write it how I like it. The only character/Sim who does what I want is Kass, but that's because she's a lot like me. Haha. I wouldn't worry too much about it. If you want to mod and add an extra trait, go for it. If your Sims don't act the way you want, you can be creative with your writing or use poses or in-game direction for better trait accuracy. Or if you're a game-driven storyteller, just roll with it. Autonomy can be fun.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    @AkramA Yes I do reread my stories sometimes, usually so I can recap what happened in a chapter and to make edits or to ensure continuity. Sometimes I will after I get a lot of comments on a chapter also so I can remember what people are talking about and respond appropriately.

Ouch @superkyle221. That's terrible your computer was stolen. I really hope you get your computer back. I can understand how frustrating that might be. If I continue having issues with my desktop and I'm unable to transfer files between harddrives, I may need to recreate Sims, especially my TS4 Sims. I'm going to be annoyed if I need to recreate/remod/redesign/reset up all my TS3 worlds and characters. Even so, I have done it before when I've lost or corrupted content. It's a pain in the rear, but I did take a month to recreate things because I was really attached to characters and stories. I hope you figure something out. I used pictures and screenshots and then memory to recreate them. Or you can do like others have said and create new but similar looking characters and just add a note to your blog. I wouldn't restart or redo a story unless you really really want to since it's a lot of work. Or see if someone will help you recreate characters. Good luck!

@CathyTea I'm excited about Book Club. Looking forward to reading again. :)

@MadameLee I hope your mom is okay and her wrist heals. What do you need the fruit for? Do you have someone else who can help out?

@Lynnwood Happy birthday! Hope you had a lovely day!

@IchigoUsagi As far as getting more interactive comments, you can try advertising over here in the forums (or the Bouncy Castle thread ) to ask for feedback/advice/input. In terms of getting more comments, it definitely took awhile before I got regular comments, mostly requiring me to read others' stories and comment and to be active, friendly, and interact as much as I could within reason so to show people you're interested in their stuff too. I hope you find something that works and I wish you luck. Keep writing though and stick with it, even if just for yourself. :) And be patient. It takes time.

@lovesstorms I try and pick traits that fit what I want, but like @simscognito said, my Sims are rebels and often do what they want. As a story-driven writer, I don't mind this at all because I write it how I like it. The only character/Sim who does what I want is Kass, but that's because she's a lot like me. Haha. I wouldn't worry too much about it. If you want to mod and add an extra trait, go for it. If your Sims don't act the way you want, you can be creative with your writing or use poses or in-game direction for better trait accuracy. Or if you're a game-driven storyteller, just roll with it. Autonomy can be fun.

sometimes the benders pick their own traits. i give them 5 i like but alana who was not supposed to be mean broke a dollhouse and ayden who was supposed be family oriented got 2 differnt women pregnant. okay part of that was my fault but still he became a cheater.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,758 Member
    @AdamsEve1231 If I'm going (or even if I'm not going) either for breakfast or for lunch..Mom normally prepares fruit the night before (the only time she doesn't is on Saturdays or if it's a holiday and she's at home so she makes it during the day instead). It's part of one of two meals-either breakfast or lunch depending on the weekday-that's why we need fruit since without fruit if I had gone to (day-program) I would have had *only* a muffin and yogurt. But today I helped Mom with the fruit by holding the fruit with one or both hands well she cut it.

6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    edited January 2018
    @MadameLee That was nice of you to help. Was it broken or just a sprain?
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member

Luckily I've got quite a lot of pictures for reference... I'm just mostly worried about my skill to make them even look somewhat close to how they did before... I guess I'm going to have to get used to tabbing back and forth between reference pictures, hahaha. Are there people who are good at recreating sims? I'm not even sure who I'd ask.

I think I'm taking some time to hope my computer turns up (I've been hitting up quite a few pawn shops over the past few days), but I know I'm going to have to sit down and actually start working on them eventually, so we'll see how that goes for now.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • Options
    chalicen wrote: »

I KNEW Alex was secretly insane

@chalicen :D No, Alex is a perfectly logical megalomaniac. :D
    @CathyTea and @friendsfan367 thank you for the advice! I'm definitely going to keep on trucking and continue to write my story. I think I'll ask a few specific questions with the coming chapters. And I just might have to take you up on that offer @simscognito :)

No problem @IchigoUsagi ! :) Very excited to discuss the story with you.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Luckily I've got quite a lot of pictures for reference... I'm just mostly worried about my skill to make them even look somewhat close to how they did before... I guess I'm going to have to get used to tabbing back and forth between reference pictures, hahaha. Are there people who are good at recreating sims? I'm not even sure who I'd ask.

I think I'm taking some time to hope my computer turns up (I've been hitting up quite a few pawn shops over the past few days), but I know I'm going to have to sit down and actually start working on them eventually, so we'll see how that goes for now.

sorry that happend to you, i remembered after logging off last night my family was robbed when i was young. nobody was home.
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    Good morning!

We continue from yesterday's chapter. Something new is brewing in Maya and Penny's lives. What's next for them? Enjoy.

http://www.jes2gstories.com/3d-something-new/
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    LynnwoodLynnwood Posts: 2,980 Member
    Awwww, tyvm @CathyTea and everyone else who wished me a happy birthing day. :)
  • Options
    Xylorta-XVXylorta-XV Posts: 234 Member
    Morning... I'm so tired.
    I'm playing the Sims to relax... might start a laid-back legacy just to flex my storytelling muscles. I've never done a proper, full-rules-attached legacy before, but I got to Generation 3 in a casual one in TS3.
    (Also uh, I'd love to do a proper legacy but guess who doesn't know how to build... this chick... I really need to learn.)
  • Options
    New chapter!
    Chapter 25

FoTilXvl.png
  • Options
    ghilieghilie Posts: 243 Member

I'm not very experienced making simlit, but I did do this in the one I'm working on. I do a combination of sim directed/plot directed, and the parenthood traits especially give me extra interactions.

By the way, hello everyone. First time poster here in the stories forum.

nZLbne1.jpg

• Options
    @Xylorta-XV @ghilie Welcome to the lounge :) It's always nice to see new faces.
  • Options
    Xylorta-XV wrote: »
    Morning... I'm so tired.
    I'm playing the Sims to relax... might start a laid-back legacy just to flex my storytelling muscles. I've never done a proper, full-rules-attached legacy before, but I got to Generation 3 in a casual one in TS3.
    (Also uh, I'd love to do a proper legacy but guess who doesn't know how to build... this chick... I really need to learn.)

Hi @Xylorta-XV Yeah, I think many of us see the legacy rules more as 'guidelines' - well, I certainly do. :D
    Don't worry about not being brilliant at building, what some simLit writers do is they get other people to build for them, or they download from the gallery. You can find people who take building requests in the sims 4 builds section of the forums in the Creative corner. I have attached a link to it here.

Nice to see you here. I'm not sure if we've met, but your name sounds familiar.
    ghilie wrote: »

I'm not very experienced making simlit, but I did do this in the one I'm working on. I do a combination of sim directed/plot directed, and the parenthood traits especially give me extra interactions.

Hi @ghilie ! Oooh I love the parenthood traits. They give my sims such funny mood-swings! I think my favourite is the angry mood swing, which one of my sims goes through a lot and he is so adorable when he throws tantrums, because he goes all stiff and starts jumping up and down with a scrunched up face. XD
    Anyway, oh yay another simLit! I like that combination of having it both sim and plot directed.

Good luck with your simLit and as @AuroraLockwood says, it's great to see new faces or, might i say, new avis. :)
  • Options
    Morning... I'm so tired.

Hi @Xylorta-XV Yeah, I think many of us see the legacy rules more as 'guidelines' - well, I certainly do. :D
    Don't worry about not being brilliant at building, what some simLit writers do is they get other people to build for them, or they download from the gallery. You can find people who take building requests in the sims 4 builds section of the forums in the Creative corner. I have attached a link to it here.

Hi @ghilie ! Oooh I love the parenthood traits. They give my sims such funny mood-swings! I think my favourite is the angry mood swing, which one of my sims goes through a lot and he is so adorable when he throws tantrums, because he goes all stiff and starts jumping up and down with a scrunched up face. XD
    Anyway, oh yay another simLit! I like that combination of having it both sim and plot directed.

Good luck with your simLit and as @AuroraLockwood says, it's great to see new faces or, might i say, new avis. :)

@simscognito Speaking of new avis I've been meaning to change mine up for a bit, especially since my previous one didn't connect that well with either of my stories :tongue:
  • Options
    Morning... I'm so tired.

@simscognito Speaking of new avis I've been meaning to change mine up for a bit, especially since my previous one didn't connect that well with either of my stories :tongue:

@AuroraLockwood Ooh yay, which character will it be this time? XD
  • Options
    I have never been more aware that the english version of the sims 4 is in american english than just now. :lol:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top