Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    CathyTea wrote: »

Question: Do you ever just read your own chapter without looking to edit or proof-read it?

I do! I did that last night! I reread some short Sim stories I'd written a few years ago, and I had forgotten nearly all of the words, so reading it felt very fresh and new! I couldn't help but notice a few typos... but I resisted the urge to go in and fix them.

How about you, Cog, do you do that?

@CathyTea yayy another ts3 story! They have a special place in my heart, since they were the first simLits I read. :blush: Yes I do do that. I often read my old stories dating back to when I was five (they're not simLits). I don't correct all the grammar errors in them either, because I see the mistakes as showing how far I've come in the writing process - although, the early mistakes from when I was five are rather cute,I think. :D I've showed @Bugsie2016 one of them. XD

It wasn't too bad. Didn't make much sense but it wasn't too bad. (Now I need to get back to writing PTLT. I won't finish the rest of the chapters for this year if I keep getting distracted.)

Yes, give me more PTLT @Bugsie2016 ! :D Wait, I forgot to be patient! o:)
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »

Question: Do you ever just read your own chapter without looking to edit or proof-read it?

I do! I did that last night! I reread some short Sim stories I'd written a few years ago, and I had forgotten nearly all of the words, so reading it felt very fresh and new! I couldn't help but notice a few typos... but I resisted the urge to go in and fix them.

How about you, Cog, do you do that?

@CathyTea yayy another ts3 story! They have a special place in my heart, since they were the first simLits I read. :blush: Yes I do do that. I often read my old stories dating back to when I was five (they're not simLits). I don't correct all the grammar errors in them either, because I see the mistakes as showing how far I've come in the writing process - although, the early mistakes from when I was five are rather cute,I think. :D I've showed @Bugsie2016 one of them. XD

It wasn't too bad. Didn't make much sense but it wasn't too bad. (Now I need to get back to writing PTLT. I won't finish the rest of the chapters for this year if I keep getting distracted.)

Yes, give me more PTLT @Bugsie2016 ! :D Wait, I forgot to be patient! o:)

Fine.

Also, side note: I finally got that kid's tv show theme song out of my head. (It was on the tv earlier because my niece is here for the weekend.)
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,767 Member
    I wish I could find a pose I haven't actually used but I know it's somewhere in the mess of the Lanna's blog. All I remember is it had to do with a lantern.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »
    I wish I could find a pose I haven't actually used but I know it's somewhere in the mess of the Lanna's blog. All I remember is it had to do with a lantern.

Do you want some help, @MadameLee ?
  • Options
    AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member

I need to translate everything to English first which also mean that I always had to proof-read my story before it's out. I'm pretty sure no one would understand me if I don't hehe.
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • Options

Do you want some help, @MadameLee ?

@Bugsie2016 yeah. But all I remember is that it had do with a lantern and sort of looked like a walking "Mob" scene from Beauty&the Beast. I was working on my "Look What You Made Me Do" interlude when I discovered the pose but at the time I didn't need it.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    @Bugsie2016
    nvm I found!!!
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Hmm, it's hard to look for new story to read nowadays that STORIES AND LEGACIES INDEX GATEWAY is no longer active. Totally took that service for granted. Just realized what's missing in the forum.
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    AkramA wrote: »
    Hmm, it's hard to look for new story to read nowadays that STORIES AND LEGACIES INDEX GATEWAY is no longer active. Totally took that service for granted. Just realized what's missing in the forum.

I like reading stories from active users, so I've built my reading list from the lounge itself or from this forum's front page. When I see the same title after a few days, I'll check it out to see if it sounds interesting to me!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    @Bugsie2016
    nvm I found!!!

No prob. It made me organise my poses which can only be a good thing. :)
  • Options
    This is going to be a very, very, very, very long chapter...
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    edited January 2018
    Question: what is the cutest screenshot you have?

oh dont make me choose

I guess right now it's a tie between this one:
    screenshot-34-2.jpg?w=676

and this one (a.k.a my current icon, and an unedited version of what I used for the short story it was for):
    SNkO8Zz.jpg
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    edited January 2018

https://storiesandlegaciesindex.wordpress.com/

here it is mast moved it to wordpress .
  • Options
    StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member

@AkramA Is it inactive? I just figured @mastressalita was busy with the holidays going on/start of the year. She never made any announcement about stopping as far as I'm aware and she seems to me like the type who wouldn't just stop without a word.
  • Options
    Time for a new chapter (It's meant to be tomorrow that I post it but you can have it a day early. Sundays are better for me anyway!)
    Chapter One: Alecto
    E4IWb1Bl.png
  • Options
    Well I got a new reader just because of GD business..
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Well I got a new reader just because of GD business..

Yayy well done @MadameLee ! :)
  • Options
    rednenemon wrote: »
    Question: what is the cutest screenshot you have?

oh dont make me choose

I guess right now it's a tie between this one:
    screenshot-34-2.jpg?w=676

and this one (a.k.a my current icon, and an unedited version of what I used for the short story it was for):
    SNkO8Zz.jpg

@rednenemon Yes, they are very cute pictures. I particularly love your avi, the couple look so romantic! <3
  • Options
    I forget which person has the Dasiy chatacter? I have an idea for her later on..(in this gen)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Karilan wrote: »

I like reading stories from active users, so I've built my reading list from the lounge itself or from this forum's front page. When I see the same title after a few days, I'll check it out to see if it sounds interesting to me!

I don't know, most users are too shy to come to this lounge so I like to get more choice on what I'm able to write. Having an index was really great especially all the announcement post and all.

https://storiesandlegaciesindex.wordpress.com/

here it is mast moved it to wordpress .

I checked it and it hasn't updated since October.

@AkramA Is it inactive? I just figured @mastressalita was busy with the holidays going on/start of the year. She never made any announcement about stopping as far as I'm aware and she seems to me like the type who wouldn't just stop without a word.

I think it's inactive since no updates from the thread and the blog, I just got here and also just realize that I don't get notification from the thread anymore. Hopefully, it'll come back.
  • Options
    I have a question-how would Jane explain to HAM that she drunkenly had woohoo with one of their enemies via phone when she's still at the enemy's place?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Good evening all! Chapter 11 is up for Purrfect Bonz for the Cats Rule & Dogs Drool Vet Challenge. End of week 1 for Cameron. Check out his progress in the challenge.

https://soulgal7.wordpress.com/2018/01/14/ch-11-wk1-day-6-friday-purrfect-bonz

rudy_gift_bearer.png
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    @simscognito @CathyTea want to hear something werid? I'm having HAM and Jane and their three now teen siblings go to the resturant but apperenlty the host is racist..
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    @simscognito @CathyTea want to hear something werid? I'm having HAM and Jane and their three now teen siblings go to the resturant but apperenlty the host is racist..
    @MadameLee That's a bother for them. What happened?
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Here's a weird coincidence.. a junk shirt I got for Christmas is related to something I experienced as a 7 year old child. Walt Disney World's 25th Anniversary and since the celebrations were from 1996-1998 it means my family was there during the celebrations and stuff like my shirt would have been sold there.
    6adMCGP.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top