The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    Another chapter but this one's a WAWRMO one...

Chapter 24 Nightmares
    CwW3rzFl.png

@friendsfan367 Thanks, it's a cute chapter. :)

i got to work on lauren going in to labor. if she doesn't soon cog might strangle me. lol.

Right you are, @friendsfan367 :D
    @Bugsie2016 Woah! This is better than mint-chocolate chip ice-cream! :smiley:

I just got what you did there. Is that a BL reference??

@Bugsie2016 yes it is a BL reference! :D Nice avi by the way! :)
    @AuroraLockwood Aww Natalie is adorable. She looks a bit unsure there. I wander what her mum's telling her. :D

Thought it was, I was re-reading the chapter. I would say I was checking for mistakes but I wasn't I was just reading it. :sweat_smile:

Hey, I do that too @Bugsie2016 Or I just flick through my chapters and get totally awed by the fact that I made a website! :D

Question: Do you ever just read your own chapter without looking to edit or proof-read it?

OK, off to go reread BL gen 1. (S/N: it's like 10 very badly written chapters long. It won't take that long.)

Edit: I gave in after a few lines. Too much bad writing for one day. :lol: (Yes, it's my running joke that gen 1 is terrible!)

I think that's the curse of any artist @Bugsie2016 ! To look back on your work and dislike early writing. You know what though, it got you readers as cognito says so it can't be as bad as you think!

Looking back through Alicia's story I notice some grammatical errors and giant plot holes, but hey, people still liked it!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    edited January 2018
    Karilan wrote: »
    OK, off to go reread BL gen 1. (S/N: it's like 10 very badly written chapters long. It won't take that long.)

Edit: I gave in after a few lines. Too much bad writing for one day. :lol: (Yes, it's my running joke that gen 1 is terrible!)

I think that's the curse of any artist @Bugsie2016 ! To look back on your work and dislike early writing. You know what though, it got you readers as cognito says so it can't be as bad as you think!

Looking back through Alicia's story I notice some grammatical errors and giant plot holes, but hey, people still liked it!

Of course it is, Cog was surprised at my rare enthusiasm for a chapter. (Still a W.I.P though. I feel in the mood for some PTLT right now. Which is good news for @simscognito . PTLT is my other story that's only got one chapter published so far. :) )
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member

Of course it is, Cog was surprised at my rare enthusiasm for a chapter. (Still a W.I.P though. I feel in the mood for some PTLT right now. Which is good news for @simscognito )

@Bugsie2016 yayyy! Yes that is great news! I am having way too much fun this weekend thanks to Bugsie! :D
    @Karilan yes, I get so embarrassed reading old stories too, especially ones that got published, because everyone can see my bad writing! :D
    @ilovebunnys65 hi, I see we have something in common. We both love bunnies!!! :smiley:
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Question: Do you ever just read your own chapter without looking to edit or proof-read it?

Yes. But then I end up finding something to edit. :grimace:
  • Options

Yes. But then I end up finding something to edit. :grimace:

@LegacySims2017 yes that happens to me too! :D One time I was reading and I found something that needed editing but just as I entered the website, the wifi went down! That was soooo frustrating! :D
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,790 Member
    Another chapter but this one's a WAWRMO one...

Chapter 24 Nightmares
    CwW3rzFl.png

@friendsfan367 Thanks, it's a cute chapter. :)

i got to work on lauren going in to labor. if she doesn't soon cog might strangle me. lol.

Right you are, @friendsfan367 :D
    @Bugsie2016 Woah! This is better than mint-chocolate chip ice-cream! :smiley:

I just got what you did there. Is that a BL reference??

@Bugsie2016 yes it is a BL reference! :D Nice avi by the way! :)
    @AuroraLockwood Aww Natalie is adorable. She looks a bit unsure there. I wander what her mum's telling her. :D

Thought it was, I was re-reading the chapter. I would say I was checking for mistakes but I wasn't I was just reading it. :sweat_smile:

Hey, I do that too @Bugsie2016 Or I just flick through my chapters and get totally awed by the fact that I made a website! :D

I forget to proof read it so that's why the FB post on the one (Look What You Made Me Do" chapter) has "Fake" profile on. I made some other mistakes but by the time I notice them It's too late to fix them
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    That certainly was weird-my sister is visiting briefly and said "hi" (my name)" which is unusually for her
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    In some timezones, it's already Rainy's birthday! Happy birthday, @Rainydayz179 !

Wow, I get happy birthdays all over the place from you today CT! Thanks! ;)

happy birthday rainy.

Thanks! :D
    Happy happy birthday, @Rainydayz179. I love your forums name btw. Rainy days are the best... pun totally intended. :)

Thanks! :) I've been using RainyDayz in one form or another for almost 20 years now. Yikes, now I really do feel old!
    Happy Birthday @Rainydayz179 <3

Thanks! :)
    I don't know if I've said this already, but happy birthday @Rainydayz179 ! XD

If you did I missed it so thanks! :D
  • Options

Of course it is, Cog was surprised at my rare enthusiasm for a chapter. (Still a W.I.P though. I feel in the mood for some PTLT right now. Which is good news for @simscognito )

@Bugsie2016 yayyy! Yes that is great news! I am having way too much fun this weekend thanks to Bugsie! :D
    @Karilan yes, I get so embarrassed reading old stories too, especially ones that got published, because everyone can see my bad writing! :D
    @ilovebunnys65 hi, I see we have something in common. We both love bunnies!!! :smiley:

I'm in that loving bunny group too! I have one, I might actually have a pic of Bugsie (my rabbit) somewhere. :)
  • Options
    In some timezones, it's already Rainy's birthday! Happy birthday, @Rainydayz179 !

Wow, I get happy birthdays all over the place from you today CT! Thanks! ;)

happy birthday rainy.

Thanks! :D
    Happy happy birthday, @Rainydayz179. I love your forums name btw. Rainy days are the best... pun totally intended. :)

Thanks! :) I've been using RainyDayz in one form or another for almost 20 years now. Yikes, now I really do feel old!
    Happy Birthday @Rainydayz179 <3

I don't know if I've said this already, but happy birthday @Rainydayz179 ! XD

If you did I missed it so thanks! :D

Happy birthday even if I might be a tad late to say it
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

I'm in that loving bunny group too! I have one, I might actually have a pic of Bugsie (my rabbit) somewhere. :)

Aww yes you told me @Bugsie2016 Yes show your bunny pics! You can never get enough bunny pics. I unfortunately didn't take many pics of Alexander, my bunny. I only have one and he's mostly covered by the grass. :(
  • Options

Aww yes you told me @Bugsie2016 Yes show your bunny pics! You can never get enough bunny pics. I unfortunately didn't take many pics of Alexander, my bunny. I only have one and he's mostly covered by the grass. :(

Here :) (I'm deleting the link soon though 'cause yeah..)
  • Options
    @Bugsie2016 OMG Bugsie's cutie!!!! I love how Bugsie was having a good look out of the cage! <3<3
  • Options
    Whom should give Jane a pet in the future? a sibling or the spouse?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @MadameLee possibly Jane's sister. It could be a way of showing her appreciation, foregiveness and thankfulness for the support since.
  • Options
    @MadameLee possibly Jane's sister. It could be a way of showing her appreciation, foregiveness and thankfulness for the support since.

shoot, that reminds me.. I meant to create for the Gs (Henry's family), a dog
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

I do! I did that last night! I reread some short Sim stories I'd written a few years ago, and I had forgotten nearly all of the words, so reading it felt very fresh and new! I couldn't help but notice a few typos... but I resisted the urge to go in and fix them.

How about you, Cog, do you do that?
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    Hello all!

BUNNNYYYYY! Hi! Hugs! How's life? Are you still in the IB programme?

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    I'm feeling like bringing back a story that's been on hiatus for a good long year! :)

It's because of @Rainydayz179 's TS3 story--It's got me itching to play TS3! I have a three-day weekend with very few obligations, so maybe? :)

• Options
    @simscognito what do you think the two pictures in the spoiler mean
    8TvDj8u.pngms1oAmT.png
    ?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    Happy birthday even if I might be a tad late to say it

I'm feeling like bringing back a story that's been on hiatus for a good long year! :)

It's because of @Rainydayz179 's TS3 story--It's got me itching to play TS3! I have a three-day weekend with very few obligations, so maybe? :)

Is it the ISBI one? I loved that story. I haven't gotten to actually play mine in days cuz I've been working on something new for them... sort of. ;)
  • Options

I do! I did that last night! I reread some short Sim stories I'd written a few years ago, and I had forgotten nearly all of the words, so reading it felt very fresh and new! I couldn't help but notice a few typos... but I resisted the urge to go in and fix them.

@CathyTea yayy another ts3 story! They have a special place in my heart, since they were the first simLits I read. :blush: Yes I do do that. I often read my old stories dating back to when I was five (they're not simLits). I don't correct all the grammar errors in them either, because I see the mistakes as showing how far I've come in the writing process - although, the early mistakes from when I was five are rather cute,I think. :D I've showed @Bugsie2016 one of them. XD
  • Options
    8TvDj8u.pngms1oAmT.png
    ?

@MadameLee Is that Henry? Is he dying? :o I know that's Jane who's also tied up.
  • Options
    8TvDj8u.pngms1oAmT.png
    ?

@MadameLee Is that Henry? Is he dying? :o I know that's Jane who's also tied up.

in the actual chapter it wil be more fuzzy. since both these and the other picture are dreams sequences of Jane's.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

@CathyTea yayy another ts3 story! They have a special place in my heart, since they were the first simLits I read. :blush: Yes I do do that. I often read my old stories dating back to when I was five (they're not simLits). I don't correct all the grammar errors in them either, because I see the mistakes as showing how far I've come in the writing process - although, the early mistakes from when I was five are rather cute,I think. :D I've showed @Bugsie2016 one of them. XD

It wasn't too bad. Didn't make much sense but it wasn't too bad. (Now I need to get back to writing PTLT. I won't finish the rest of the chapters for this year if I keep getting distracted.)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top