The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    In some timezones, it's already Rainy's birthday! Happy birthday, @Rainydayz179 !

rainy.png
    [/quote

happy birthday rainy.
  • Options
    StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member
    @AuroraLockwood Aww Natalie is adorable. She looks a bit unsure there. I wander what her mum's telling her. :D

@simscognito Probably trying to answer the question of "why does mom keep calling me the mistress" :tongue:
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    In some timezones, it's already Rainy's birthday! Happy birthday, @Rainydayz179 !

rainy.png

Happy happy birthday, @Rainydayz179. I love your forums name btw. Rainy days are the best... pun totally intended. :)
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Oops double post.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Question: what is the cutest screenshot you have?

I think this one is pretty cute. It's Gage Briody flirting with Anita Errare (formerly Lobos).
    screenshot-45.jpg?w=474&h=356

I love the way they're looking at each other.

I also love this picture of Howard dancing with his daughter, Andi.
    screenshot-165.jpg

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Special Request:

I'm planning ahead for my #BuildNewcrest Challenge: Simself Legacy Edition (http://legacysims.net/?page_id=835). Generation 2 heir (Jubilee) must complete the "Big Happy Family" aspiration. I'm getting close to where one of her children will need to get married. So I am outright spoiling it for @everyone that Noelle will be getting married first of the two (and if there are more children on the way) when she grows up. I'm having a fun time hooking the Simself family up with other sim selfies I added to the game (Joseph + @Cbear13 ... Jubilee + @pronterus ... Hope + @Simslover163 ... Junior + (see spoiler below)! Therefore, I need...actually I want...a sim selfie for Noelle.

Are there any male members of this community who have a sim selfie that would like to partner up with Noelle (tag your guy friends on here everyone else)? First come, first serve to who responds. If I don't get any takers, I'll use another SimGuru I have in stock of all my sim selfies I've collected.

Thanks!

Open spoiler to find out which sim selfie from this community Junior is about to hook up with:
    @MadameLee volunteered her sim selfie to partner up with Joseph Simself Jr. Thanks @MadameLee !
  • Options
    AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    Just remembered that there's a lot of chores when it comes to writing. Signature, Episode/Chapter Graphic, promotional, new story threads. Forgot that it wasn't just to play, write, put screenshots, and post. Hehe.
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Tomorrow I will finish up shooting my scenes-I couldn't do any of that today since I am collecting 24hr pee. I will have to go check on some disucssions to prepare 2 of my drama scenes since I was having difficult finding the last 2.

@simscognito did you see my teaser picture from last night?https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16259319/#Comment_16259319

@MadameLee no I didn't I'll have a look in a bit. Thanks for letting me know. :)
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    this is a tease for an upcoming chapter (I feel like I'm Matt procrastinating and making a character page) and he has done both *cough*hot potato Twlight review *cough* and a character page-I have an inkling that Matt's going to upload a video soon because of a tease on his tumblir

5HxuGT0.png

Oh wow this is cool! I love the athmosphere of this. This kind of reminds me of a classical painting or a pre-raphaelite painting, I don't know why, I think it's the stances of the characters. :D Poor person who's tied up though. I kind of forget they're there because of the red costumes of the standing up characters. But I really like that, because as soon as you notice the tied up person, the mood dramatically changes.
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    Another chapter but this one's a WAWRMO one...

Chapter 24 Nightmares
    CwW3rzFl.png

@friendsfan367 Thanks, it's a cute chapter. :)

i got to work on lauren going in to labor. if she doesn't soon cog might strangle me. lol.

Right you are, @friendsfan367 :D
    @Bugsie2016 Woah! This is better than mint-chocolate chip ice-cream! :smiley:

I just got what you did there. Is that a BL reference??

@Bugsie2016 yes it is a BL reference! :D Nice avi by the way! :)
    @AuroraLockwood Aww Natalie is adorable. She looks a bit unsure there. I wander what her mum's telling her. :D

Thought it was, I was re-reading the chapter. I would say I was checking for mistakes but I wasn't I was just reading it. :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,790 Member
    this is a tease for an upcoming chapter (I feel like I'm Matt procrastinating and making a character page) and he has done both *cough*hot potato Twlight review *cough* and a character page-I have an inkling that Matt's going to upload a video soon because of a tease on his tumblir

5HxuGT0.png

Oh wow this is cool! I love the athmosphere of this. This kind of reminds me of a classical painting or a pre-raphaelite painting, I don't know why, I think it's the stances of the characters. :D Poor person who's tied up though. I kind of forget they're there because of the red costumes of the standing up characters. But I really like that, because as soon as you notice the tied up person, the mood dramatically changes.

it's one of the dream scenes of Jane's. I have to reshoot the other dream scene
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    Good afternoon!

We're back to the Joneses now. John invites the older kids to have dinner with him and Phoenix so he can make a special announcement. Enjoy!

http://www.jes2gstories.com/joneses-15-9-family-meeting/
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    AkramA wrote: »
    Just remembered that there's a lot of chores when it comes to writing. Signature, Episode/Chapter Graphic, promotional, new story threads. Forgot that it wasn't just to play, write, put screenshots, and post. Hehe.

Yep! So much work.
    forum_final.png

• Options
    Jes2G wrote: »

Yep! So much work.

i get lucky i think about making threads then the story goes glitchy. plus i'm not sure it would be popular.
  • Options

Chapter 24 Nightmares
    CwW3rzFl.png

i got to work on lauren going in to labor. if she doesn't soon cog might strangle me. lol.

Thought it was, I was re-reading the chapter. I would say I was checking for mistakes but I wasn't I was just reading it. :sweat_smile:

Hey, I do that too @Bugsie2016 Or I just flick through my chapters and get totally awed by the fact that I made a website! :D

Question: Do you ever just read your own chapter without looking to edit or proof-read it?
  • Options

Chapter 24 Nightmares
    CwW3rzFl.png

Hey, I do that too @Bugsie2016 Or I just flick through my chapters and get totally awed by the fact that I made a website! :D

Question: Do you ever just read your own chapter without looking to edit or proof-read it?

yes. i'm guilty.
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member

Chapter 24 Nightmares
    CwW3rzFl.png

Yes! Often when someone makes a really insightful comment on an old chapter, I go and read it. Depending on how long it's been, occasionally I don't recognize my own writing or what mood I was in when I wrote it.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member

rainy.png

Happy Birthday @Rainydayz179 <3
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Chapter 24 Nightmares
    CwW3rzFl.png

OK, off to go reread BL gen 1. (S/N: it's like 10 very badly written chapters long. It won't take that long.)

Edit: I gave in after a few lines. Too much bad writing for one day. :lol: (Yes, it's my running joke that gen 1 is terrible!)
  • Options
    @Karilan oh that's cool. I love insightful comments. They can be fun to read, and often give you a new perspective on what you're writing.
    I don't know if I've said this already, but happy birthday @Rainydayz179 ! XD
  • Options

Chapter 24 Nightmares
    CwW3rzFl.png

OK, off to go reread BL gen 1. (S/N: it's like 10 very badly written chapters long. It won't take that long.)

Hey @Bugsie2016 I enjoyed gen 1, I wouldn't be this far into your story if I didn't! Stop putting your writing down! :D
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Jes2G wrote: »

Yep! So much work.

i get lucky i think about making threads then the story goes glitchy. plus i'm not sure it would be popular.

I think you have more readers now than ever, so you never know! Stories don't begin with tons of readers. No one read my legacy story for like the first two months, and even after I only had a handful of readers. These things build over time.
    forum_final.png

• Options

Chapter 24 Nightmares
    CwW3rzFl.png

Hey @Bugsie2016 I enjoyed gen 1, I wouldn't be this far into your story if I didn't! Stop putting your writing down! :D

@simscognito It's the 4th longest running joke I have. I make the joke you can just skip gen 1, you're not missing anything. :lol:
    The 1st longest running joke being a 10 year long joke with granddad. The 2nd & 3rd being terrible inside jokes I have with my dad. (S/N: I sometimes refer to him as my step-dad and sometimes my dad. Today I feel like calling him my dad.)
  • Options
    StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member

@simscognito I never read it just for entertainments sake but I will occaisionally go back and read my own chapters just to refresh my memory on certain story/character details.
  • Options
    ilovebunnys65ilovebunnys65 Posts: 1,611 Member
    Hello all!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top