Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    BBQPenguinWingsBBQPenguinWings Posts: 3,773 Member
    edited January 2018
    Answered
    Post edited by BBQPenguinWings on
  • Options
    StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member
    And after the long wait The Family Black returns. Now with more vampires :tongue:

Chapter 22: Jokes Won't Help

ch22p5.png
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    Good afternoon!

Happy MLK Day to the Americans!

Aubrey got a phone call that made Maya drag her out to shop for a dress. Enjoy!

http://www.jes2gstories.com/3d-a-dress-for-aubrey/
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member
    Hey all, does anyone have any suggestions on how to make your stories encourage comments/feedback? I'd really love it if I could take readers' opinions into consideration more than I'm currently able to (but then again it's possible that my story just isn't good enough to get people invested in it to begin with). If you have any advice for this, or personal experiences related to it you're willing to share (even just 'be patient' would be appreciated as I'm not sure if I should make changes to anything or not) I'd really appreciate it. :)
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Hey all, does anyone have any suggestions on how to make your stories encourage comments/feedback? I'd really love it if I could take readers' opinions into consideration more than I'm currently able to (but then again it's possible that my story just isn't good enough to get people invested in it to begin with). If you have any advice for this, or personal experiences related to it you're willing to share (even just 'be patient' would be appreciated as I'm not sure if I should make changes to anything or not) I'd really appreciate it. :)

true story i started with 3 readers. then when i started again it went to 6 now countless attempts later its in the 80s. sometimes it takes a while to get readers but don't get discouraged keep writing.
  • Options
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Hey, all! January 15th is @Lynnwood 's birthday! Happy birthday, Lynnwood! Hope it's a really great year!

lynnwood.png

happy birthday.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,767 Member
    I had a worked out today and it's not even 4 yet.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    i'm probably going to age adrian today 2 reasons 1 the baby pic didn't really show. and 2 i never know what my week looks like til it starts. so i don't want to wait.
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Just realised it's 2 weeks until I get to change my banner again!!! (I'm hyped. Currently screenshotting some chapters to get ahead for next month!!)
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    i'm probably going to age adrian today 2 reasons 1 the baby pic didn't really show. and 2 i never know what my week looks like til it starts. so i don't want to wait.

@friendsfan367 Ooh excited to see what Adrian looks like
    Just realised it's 2 weeks until I get to change my banner again!!! (I'm hyped. Currently screenshotting some chapters to get ahead for next month!!)

Why are you so onto it @Bugsie2016 ??? :D
  • Options

'Cause I am. I even came up with my complicated relationship thing for gen 3. Have to have one of those every gen! This one is less complicated than the Vince, Claude etc of gen 2 but... it's more strange. :lol: I laughed writing that chapter (I wrote it to get ideas down, it might change same as first teen chapter did from the original) because it's just hilariously ironic. :lol:
  • Options
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »

you better keep your avi. just because i like it not because i'd be upset.
  • Options

i can show him off after they move the dinning room doesn't fit 8.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

I'll keep it until Rye gets a boyfriend then i'm changing it. (She's a teen in my game, i'm about 4/5 chapters ahead of the story. :) )

Edit: Actually i'm changing it to Claude's wedding pic when I get to that point. I love that picture!
  • Options

i can show him off after they move the dinning room doesn't fit 8.

Yayy! @friendsfan367 I'd love that! :smiley:

'Cause I am. I even came up with my complicated relationship thing for gen 3. Have to have one of those every gen! This one is less complicated than the Vince, Claude etc of gen 2 but... it's more strange. :lol: I laughed writing that chapter (I wrote it to get ideas down, it might change same as first teen chapter did from the original) because it's just hilariously ironic. :lol:

@Bugsie2016 ooh very excited for this new generation! I wonder what this 'strange' relationship will be. That's a really good idea to write a fun chapter to get into the swing of a new generation, even if you don't publish it. :smile:
  • Options

I'll keep it until Rye gets a boyfriend then i'm changing it. (She's a teen in my game, i'm about 4/5 chapters ahead of the story. :) )

Edit: Actually i'm changing it to Claude's wedding pic when I get to that point. I love that picture!

@Bugsie2016 Claude's getting married???? :smiley: I can't wait for the wedding!
    Hopefully he's marrying Ally! He better be marrying Ally! >:)
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

Hi, @IchigoUsagi ! @friendsfan367 is right! Keep on writing, let people know when you've updated your story, and be patient to get readers.

To get feedback, you can try having an "Author's Notes" section at the bottom where you ask specific questions. You're also welcome to ask questions here at this thread, or at The Kindness Bench, the Fringe, or The Feedback Thread.

Sometimes it works well to pose specific questions. Many times, readers aren't sure what types of comments or suggestions are welcome, so if you ask a specific question, it can give useful direction.

Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options

You knew he was getting married. Also, of course he's marrying Ally. I just never confirmed it before because they weren't dating. Now they are I feel I can confirm it. :smiley:
  • Options
    CathyTea wrote: »

Hi, @IchigoUsagi ! @friendsfan367 is right! Keep on writing, let people know when you've updated your story, and be patient to get readers.

To get feedback, you can try having an "Author's Notes" section at the bottom where you ask specific questions. You're also welcome to ask questions here at this thread, or at The Kindness Bench, the Fringe, or The Feedback Thread.

Sometimes it works well to pose specific questions. Many times, readers aren't sure what types of comments or suggestions are welcome, so if you ask a specific question, it can give useful direction.

@IchigoUsagi Also, Just to let you know I am really enjoying your story so far, as you probably know already. :D If you want to ask me questions about it, you're welcome to pm me. @CathyTea is right. Sometimes we're not sure what sort of feedback you're looking for. :)
  • Options

You knew he was getting married. Also, of course he's marrying Ally. I just never confirmed it before because they weren't dating. Now they are I feel I can confirm it. :smiley:

@Bugsie2016 Yesss! My day is made! (Does a little jig)! :smiley:
  • Options

I'm hyped for it. He's my first simlit baby (first baby born in any of my stories!) and i'm so proud of him. Is that weird to say???
  • Options

I'm hyped for it. He's my first simlit baby (first baby born in any of my stories!) and i'm so proud of him. Is that weird to say???

@Bugsie2016 Nah! That's cool! XD Does that mean the other children were Cas born?
  • Options

@Bugsie2016 Nah! That's cool! XD Does that mean the other children were Cas born?

Nah, only Harry. Vince, Delta and Beth were in game but they're all younger than Claude. Claude's Maria's oldest child. :)
    Maria's in the next chapter actually along with Bob....
  • Options

Nah, only Harry. Vince, Delta and Beth were in game but they're all younger than Claude. Claude's Maria's oldest child. :)

@Bugsie2016 I see. So what's Claude?
  • Options

@Bugsie2016 I see. So what's Claude?

He's Vince's twin, he was born in game. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top