Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

GIFT OF CREATION GAME *UPDATE!!*

Comments

• Options
    funkeeferretfunkeeferret Posts: 415 Member
    edited November 2017
    A very pretty and summery house, @Astreia! I really like the striped patterns and the blues and greens. I got a kick out of your "currently without the vegetables" comment lol! :smile:
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    Is anyone else having problems with alerts. I usually do a quick check once a day to see if I have any alerts and for the past few days haven't had any. But checking the threads I should have had several! What is up with the forum.

As far as I know, I wasn't having any problems with alerts, but I was having trouble with the store.
  • Options
    EnvyfanEnvyfan Posts: 142 Member
  • Options
    AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    @Astreia Ooooo! :hushed: Thank you very much! I like the way you've used lot's of different lovely blues in the interior but went bold with summery splash of colour in the swish pool area, it all looks very relaxed and a great place to forget it's winter B)

As for the laundry room my sims dirty clothes thank you o:)
  • Options
    Hi Everyone, This house is my entry for the Gift of Creation game. :)

Creator’s Username: funkeeferret

Creator's Store Wishlist Link on Sims 3 Site:
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=funkeeferret
    *If I win first place, if it's ok with the sponsor, I would like to share 500 of the Sim points with another entrant(s) of my choosing, that does not/do not own the store.*

Item Title: Sage House

Creation Wishlist Username and # of Item:
    @creativity_rulez 2) Houses/Luxury Mansions "Special Requests/Instructions: I really like modern houses- I would be happy to have anything between a 20x30 starter to a 64x64 mansion."

Exchange Link: to download:
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9163450

Description: Welcome to the Sage House!
    This is a 1 bedroom, 1 bath, modern house for one or two Sims. The house is built on a 30 x 30 lot.
    Has an open floor plan on the second floor with living room - office area - kitchen - and dining area. There is a large skill room on first floor, patio with grilling area, curvy pool, hot tub, and an area out back that can be used for other activities, such as an outdoor dance floor, a trampoline area, garden, or other activities your Sim is into. *I tend to 'do it to excess' on the landscaping, especially since this is a modern house, so just delete the greenery that you don't want.* :wink:

To see more photos of the house, with more details, there is an Imgur photo link below. I will be adding more photos on Imgur before the deadline.
    Is CC, CAP or CAW Used? No, none of that. There are recolors using the in-game tool.
    Do you have CC in your game folder?
    No (not yet, lol)
    House has been Custard checked. "Sim Justin" play tested the house for a few days and had a party as well.

Entry Photos:
    rJpnwGS.jpg
    IEbc5VN.jpg
    xYBoKt2.jpg
    Vynaokf.jpg
    5KW0D0q.jpg
    WXTcV2j.jpg

Additional Pictures or link to original post where pictures are shared.
    https://imgur.com/a/jDvTf

Thank you for viewing!
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    @funkeeferret Gorgeous house! And looking forward to more pics. :) When you win simpoints you can do whatever you like with them!
  • Options
    @funkeeferret ooh! i like it! so open and fancy, and all those plants! but those stairs in the back scare me a bit :D

I've been working on a bowling ally/bar/karaoke/dance club with a children's section for @SjappielovePaul for a bit now, but i don't know if i'll be able to finish it in time, the size of it is starting to slow down my computer a lot, i'm spending most of my time waiting for the camera to move/respond.
  • Options
    AstreiaAstreia Posts: 262 Member
    edited November 2017
    Hi! Thank you all for your comments! They do brighten a woman's day!
    I'm glad you liked the house @AlphaFen !
    I love your house @funkeeferret ! About the landscaping all I can say is "I wish I could do it too!"
  • Options
    Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    Hey all! Been sick with a miserable cold. Have barely been online, or even at my computer for that matter.

@astreia, I love your house. I've mentioned countless times that I LOVE windows, so it totally works for me. I also enjoy the cool interior offsetting the warm patio furniture. And, please, never apologize for your stage of building skill. You are who you are and you are creating something you enjoy and sharing it with others. An artist friend once told me that that is the definition of being an artist. And I agree.

@funkeeferret WOW, what an ambitious build! And the landscaping is amazing.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • Options
    Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    Oh, @ZeeGee, yes, I am also having trouble, as is a friend of mine. Actually, she says she has been having trouble for months. Mine is only occasional.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • Options
    @Jude525 Sorry to hear you've been sick. This is a good example. I got the tag when you tagged me, but didn't get the previous notice that you'd posted. Usually when you start a thread you always get a notice when someone posts. Now even though I have them yellow starred, I don't. :grimace:
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Creator’s Username: Envyfan
    Creator or Nominee's Store Wishlist Link on Sims 3 Site: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Envyfan#

Item Title: Neon Lanes
    Creation Wishlist Username and # of Item: @SjappielovePaul 2) a public place for everyone.
    Exchange, Simfileshare.net or Mediafire Link: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9163685
    Description: Bowling, kareoke, drinks and more! and never leave your kid home again with our kids zone!
    Details: first venue I've ever made (well kinda, i did make a bar once but it REALLY sucked).
    for some reason the lights in the room with the bowling lanes won't stay the colour i set them, the invisible ones over the lanes were purple and the rest were flame...

Is CC, CAP or CAW Used? nope
    Do you have CC in your game folder? body sliders and guitar sound for 60s 70s 80s
    (bad pictures, i know...)
    Pictures or link to original post where pictures are shared:
    h0kz58D.jpg
    O0HtQ4l.jpg
    qxGeS1K.jpg
    dNrx8wU.jpg
    B7z626w.jpg
  • Options
    @Envyfan What a cooool place to hang out! Love it. :)

An hour and a half til closing time on this month!
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Hi, As promised, I just added up a obsessively large amount of photos of the Sage House here:
    https://imgur.com/a/jDvTf

And here's a night time photo of the Sage House:
    3L4HSrI.jpg
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    @funkeeferret Gorgeous house! And looking forward to more pics. :) When you win simpoints you can do whatever you like with them!

Aww, thank you for the compliment, @ZeeGee! I really do appreciate it and the time you devote to running the game. :)
    Astreia wrote: »
    I love your house @funkeeferret ! About the landscaping all I can say is "I wish I could do it too!"

Thank you for the kind words, @astreia. You can do landscaping! It's not my strong suit, so if I can do it, anyone can. Just practice, get used to it, and see what works for you. :)
    Jude525 wrote: »
    Hey all! Been sick with a miserable cold. Have barely been online, or even at my computer for that matter.
    @funkeeferret WOW, what an ambitious build! And the landscaping is amazing.

So sorry to hear you've been sick, @Jude525. Thanks for the nice comments. Actually, the house I built before this one, the Palmbury House, took me about five times longer than this Sage House.
    Envyfan wrote: »
    @funkeeferret ooh! i like it! so open and fancy, and all those plants! but those stairs in the back scare me a bit :D
    I've been working on a bowling ally/bar/karaoke/dance club with a children's section for @SjappielovePaul for a bit now, but i don't know if i'll be able to finish it in time, the size of it is starting to slow down my computer a lot, i'm spending most of my time waiting for the camera to move/respond.

Thank you for the kind words, @Envyfan. Yeah, those stairs give me heart palpitations just looking at them. I know I should have added a railing, but haha, no one ever seems to fall. Wouldn't it be funny if they did? ;)

And oh, I see you have finished your bowling alley club! It sure seems like there is plenty for Sims to do there. I like it! Yes, I, too, had problems with the game freezing up when I was building the Palmbury House. After that one, I promised myself not to build any more large houses, especially with a gazillion outdoor plants.

Well, the deadline is approaching for our game!!! Good luck to All! :smiley:
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    You're welcome, @funkeeferret. I enjoy it, it's fun for me too! If I ever finish my video series I'm going to start working on some entries myself. :) ETA: P.S. that house at night is stunning.

And now .... ding ding ding! Time's up! We have NINE WHOLE ENTRIES this month, most ever. Woo hoo!

So it's time for someone to throw out a number - pick a number, any number, as long as it's 1 through 9. :blush:
    Post edited by ZeeGee on
  • Options
    @ZeeGee you need a number? i pick my mom's lucky number, 5!
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Hey, it's December 1 most places, right? So we have a winner! Envyfan's mom's lucky number 5 is the number for @Jude525 for his Patrick Jane and Elizabeth sims!

Jude, let @rnramey know how you'd like to spend those simpoints!
  • Options
    woo! congrats @Jude525 !
  • Options
    AstreiaAstreia Posts: 262 Member
    Congratulations @Jude525 ! And thank you. I like big wide windows too. My sims living rooms and usually the master bedroom have it.

Generally I "upgrade" houses from the game, I dont build them from scratch. They tend to end up enormous with rooms for everything, including a pool that is usually in the basement along with the gim and dojo, and lab, ...
    Unfortunatly my current sims are still very poor and without enough skills to have that kind of house!
  • Options
    Astreia wrote: »

Generally I "upgrade" houses from the game, I dont build them from scratch. They tend to end up enormous with rooms for everything, including a pool that is usually in the basement along with the gim and dojo, and lab.

@Astreia, Upgrading maxis houses is one of my favorite things to do. It's a huge time saver and many of those houses have good bones. I have a couple of enlarged versions of the Monotone that I use a lot. They are quite handy for a step up or two, from a starter.
    Basement pool? Interesting. :)

• Options
    creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    edited December 2017
    All the creations for November look awesome! I'll have free time this month to join in :)
  • Options
    @creativemetaphor That's awesome! :)
  • Options
    rnrameyrnramey Posts: 3,088 Member
    Congratulations @Jude525! Let me know what you want and I'll gift it to you. :smiley:
    Call me Regina. My Page Proud member of the "Own the store" club! :D

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP
    CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP
    FREE ITEMS FROM "THE SIMS 3 STORE"
  • Options
    SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    Whooo!! Thanks for the bowling alley @Envyfan!! It looks amazing :) I'll put it in the town where my simself and Adam Lambert live o:) (don't judge haha, I was bored as healing takes so loooong)

Adam Lambert has his pink suit now by the way, as formal wear haha. I thought you might like to know haha. He's also friends with Patrick Jane and Elvis. It's busy in my game! My simself does feel a little out of her league between these names, but a girl can dream, can't she? ;)
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • Options
    @SjappielovePaul i'm super glad you like it!!
    and i'm glad your having fun with him!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top