Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

GIFT OF CREATION GAME *UPDATE!!*

Comments

• Options
    EnvyfanEnvyfan Posts: 142 Member
  • Options
    Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    Envyfan wrote: »
    @funkeeferret he looks great!

This
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • Options
    funkeeferretfunkeeferret Posts: 415 Member
    Aw, thanks, @Envyfan and @Jude525. I have wanted to make Johnny Cash ever since I saw the wish. :)
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,369 Member
    Yaaaay! We have our first entry for December! @funkeeferret You did such a good job! He REALLY looks like Johnny Cash. Awesome.
  • Options
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    Yaaaay! We have our first entry for December! @funkeeferret You did such a good job! He REALLY looks like Johnny Cash. Awesome.

@ZeeGee, You have no idea how much that means to me. :) Thank you!
  • Options
    Aaaw, you're welcome. :)

So because of this game we have Johnny Cash, Elvis Presley and James Spader! I'm thinking of adding a couple more celebrisims to my wish list since y'all are so dang good at it!
  • Options
    @Envyfan Ya know, AlphaFen's wishlist really left it pretty much open to whatever you want to create!
  • Options
    Johnny Cash, the Man in Black, has been successfully uploaded to the Exchange. :smiley:
    Aaaw, you're welcome. :)

So because of this game we have Johnny Cash, Elvis Presley and James Spader! I'm thinking of adding a couple more celebrisims to my wish list since y'all are so dang good at it!

Awww, how sweet. :)
    Another benefit I found to making celebrisims is that you learn more about them as you create them and uncover some pretty surprising or very interesting details. :smiley:

Looking forward to seeing more entries soon. :smile:

• Options
    @Envyfan Ya know, AlphaFen's wishlist really left it pretty much open to whatever you want to create!

yeah, i know. i just didn't want to waste that requests on something minimal, but i have been wanting to make the house from Clarence (it's a cartoon about kids being kids, it's cute). it's just a simple rancher, but i like those kind of homes.(at least i think that's what it is, i've never been good at identifying types of houses)
  • Options
    AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    edited December 2017
    @funkeeferret You have given Johnny's face such deep and true to life detail :hushed:

@Envyfan My wishlist requests aren't finite, you can do as many or as little as you want as many times as you want :)
  • Options
    AlphaFen wrote: »
    @funkeeferret You have given Johnny's face such deep and true to life detail :hushed:

@AlphaFen, thank you so much! I am so happy to hear you say that about Johnny Cash. :blush::smiley:

AlphaFen wrote: »
    @Envyfan My wishlist requests aren't finite, you can do as many or as little as you want as many times as you want :)

And your wishlist is awesome because of this. :)
  • Options
    SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    Wow! You guys really are amazing at creating Sims! Johnny Cash looks so real @funkeeferret!! I can't wait to have him in my game as well :):):) I'm still catching up at school so I have very little game time, but I'm really looking forward to playing again. Seriously, I'm amazed at Johnny, he looks... really real.

I might need to add some worlds for my Sims on my wishlist as well, lol.
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • Options
    Just wanted to say that I may not get anything in this month. It's only the 13th, so I could just bust something out one day. But it's gonna be so busy the next couple weeks that I'm not actually making it a plan.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options
    Wow! You guys really are amazing at creating Sims! Johnny Cash looks so real @funkeeferret!! I can't wait to have him in my game as well :):):) I'm still catching up at school so I have very little game time, but I'm really looking forward to playing again. Seriously, I'm amazed at Johnny, he looks... really real.

I might need to add some worlds for my Sims on my wishlist as well, lol.

Oh, thanks so much, @SjappielovePaul! :blush::smiley: I'm so happy that you like Johnny Cash. It means so much to me and It makes it all worthwhile! In my game Johnny lives in a small cabin in Hidden Springs (after we kindly kicked out the former home owner). It was as close as I .... er, Johnny could get to rural Arkansas ;).

Yes, this sure is a busy time of year. Here's to a good holiday season for all who celebrate. :)
  • Options
    We'lls miss you, Jude!

Over halfway through the month and only one entry! Is funkeeferret the guaranteed winner?!
  • Options
    Over halfway through the month and only one entry! Is funkeeferret the guaranteed winner?!

Noooooooooooooooo, I don't wanna win that way! I'll bet @Envyfan is working on something. Anyone else? C'mon, guys! You know the more, the merrier! We wish you a merry Gift of Creation Game and all that! :D
    There's even time to get an entry in after the holidays if you don't have time now. :o
  • Options
    @ZeeGee @funkeeferret i am working on something, well trying to. i think i have 5 different things i've attempted, i found out that the house from Clarence doesn't seem to work, i don't have the right items for the house from the ancient magus bride, when i tried wallpaper another one it didn't look right... i'm clearly having a bit of an issue here, like an art block for building houses. :s
    (i also tried making a strip mall and a livable dump, but i didn't really like how they were turning out)
  • Options
    @Envyfan You are your own worst critic, all your builds have been awesome. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    @Envyfan You are your own worst critic, all your builds have been awesome. :)

I know I know :sweat_smile:

I decided to give the ancient magus bride one more of a try, i know i'm missing ivy and some other things but if i get the house mostly right i can just update it when i get the items. i just hope i can get the stairs and a few other things to work.

oh! if anyone wants to see any of those fail attempts, i can post pictures of them!
    (maybe you guys could try to convince me to continue on them)
  • Options
    @Envyfan Well we do love pictures. :)
  • Options
    Pictures!

Strip Mall! I'm not really sure why i stopped working on this one. It was going to contain a stylist, tattoo parlor, a pet supplies shop, an elixir shop and a consignment store. i never got around testing to see if i could have this set up like this, so i don't know if it would even work.
    thZoZmS.jpg
    g5qCYIT.jpg

Livable Dump. this more just an idea.
    NRKvjBf.jpg
    ww61KGs.jpg

This had started as a starter home, but ended up costing too much. i really liked this one until i tried painting the outside...
    54pZ9jw.jpg
    8V53IET.jpg
    B5TDX5L.jpg

The house from The Ancient Magus Bride. i still have a LOT of work to do on this one.
    (i have no idea why those windows do that, there seem to be a few items that disappear when on low setting from far way)
    Xqg2FVu.jpg
  • Options
    @Envyfan, ZeeGee is right. All of your builds are ones to be proud of. I really like the mall with the cute little shops inside. @Jude525 is really good at figuring out what stores/businesses work out together. All of these builds will look really nice when finished. :)
  • Options
    @envyfan, you mention a strip mall. I was working the other day, I drive for Uber, and drove past some row houses. And, again, was disappointed that we aren't allowed to build up to property lines, which would allow a whole street of them. But realized that I could do a 2 or 3 row of houses on one lot if I build them as apartments from Late Night and just put some type of fence enclosing them to create a common area for the buzzer box and use apartment doors as the front doors. Maybe. It would fall under @AlphaFen's "something you've wanted to build" category. We'll see. It might not be the right month to take this on since I've never done this type of build before. It has several limitations, special requirements, etc....

(Not saying that I've been pushing myself or anything, but I was nodding at the computer last night and went to bed without hitting "post comment." LOL I then slept 13 hours. It was a VERY busy weekend.)
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options
    @envyfan, I think you're onto some great ideas. I do love the strip mall. I can't imagine why the shops won't work together, other than you won't be able to identify the lot as multiple lot types. You can "zone" it as "Visitors Allowed" to get townies to visit. As for getting the cash registers manned, I think simply placing them should get the right type of staff. And placing the right type of displays should do that job as well. So, essentially, the only thing that definitely won't work is that you won't be able to tell your Sim to "Visit Pet Shop" and have them go to this lot. But I think it should work otherwise.

If the registers aren't manned automatically, then there is a NRaas mod that manually assigns workers to jobs. I don't know which one, because I have several installed. But I use it all the time. For some reason my seasonal lots (lots I play, not lots I build) tend not to have employees at the booths and I have to force employ Sims to fill the slots. I'd suspect the mod itself was the problem, except I had this problem before installing anything from the NRaas group. Or any mods at all.

I LOVE the livable dump. I only wish we could chain up a couple dobermans as the classic junk yard dogs to complete the look.

I think the patchwork paint job on the starter-home-that-isn't works. The house kinda reminds me of a kid's building blocks, which would be painted all different colors.

Finally, I've no idea what the Magus Bride is, so I have no opinion about her house. *smile*
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options
    @Jude525 thank for the input on all the buildings! i always wanted to make row houses/townhouse as well, i just don't know how to make apartments and i haven't gotten around to looking it up.
    (The Ancient Magus Bride is a manga/anime with a fantasy setting, that house is where the main characters live)

maybe i'll keep trying to may them work :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top