Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    I was going to stay out of it because I already PMed @emorrill and told her in no uncertain terms exactly what I think of anyone who has the brass to call her Racist. But due to rereading what said poster said about her "direct thoughts" I have a few of my own..

Emorill (Em) is one of my best friends on the board, I have known her for the better part of 2 years, we have shared many many PMs and stories of our lives and beliefs and I can say with 100% certainty that she is one of the most UNracist people I have the pleasure of knowing.

The easily offended of this world have got to stop being so highly offended at everything and even looking for things to be offended about, the color white is just that a COLOR is is not akin to the "N" word as said poster seems to have implied which would be a racist word and one of the most horrible words in the English language. Matter of fact I even did a little in home testing on my super UNracist son, who has friends from all colors of the rainbow, I showed him said Simself and asked what color is was, he said "about as White as me"...no ill feelings or judgemental issues going on, the color is White, my youngest son is (to quote another of my friends on the board) "white as school paper" it's just a fact, the boy is one of the palest people I know. Calling him white is not a bad thing it is just the color of his skin.

I also agree with @Mikezumi , who said that there is a language issue going on too, English is probably not the poster's primary language and things can and do get lost in translation.

Please know that Emorrill is a very sweet very sensitive person who wouldn't harm a fly, she would never say anything to hurt anyone's feelings.

I've said my peace and will not be tagging the original poster, I just wanted to get this off my chest, I do not want to debate.

Now...back to The Walking Dead!
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @TadOlson Good update :smiley:

@PalmArrow Great pictures :smiley: I love how the two elders actually look alike :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Well it has been a few days since I shared any pictures and I have started a new backstory :smile: It is Amber again but this time I have 'aged her down' as a teen.

It is 2006 and Amber is still at school

16601742_1882516825364334_5646257520196813679_o.jpg?oh=8cc96a3dbf181a55d3cc89c6a3796026&oe=590913C3

She has one friend, an immature girl named Leanda who is actually Anna aged down. Her hair looks awful on her though

16700460_1882516835364333_4786939238297481747_o.jpg?oh=442ffdacbd57038bd1e0d3c9a7b5a701&oe=59488DB7

Sitting behind them in class are some of the mean girls (who funnily enough look like every other mean girl in my stories) and Leanda longs to be part of their group as she sees them as being 'popular'

16602450_1882516875364329_2201362774144910572_o.jpg?oh=ab9f91e8a94c7a048dff7591dc0b2998&oe=59386E2D

They make Amber feel uncomfortable though and she thinks that they are talking about her

16716259_1882516938697656_6820766834005488874_o.jpg?oh=7b9665f3eba0267679d2b86cf33d487a&oe=5948AC4D

The tow girls named Candice and Katrina make snide comments about every other girl in the class but they don't mind Leanda

16707437_1882516975364319_6808182981251308530_o.jpg?oh=dc0855d48a5627b3c1de97ab9ea2f183&oe=593F4F25

Candice asks Leanda if she wants to hang out with them at break time...

16716185_1882517205364296_2078355732067141754_o.jpg?oh=fdd9da9211b3d749128f4da34dd699c6&oe=593B707C

To be continued...
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @Evalen , Annie is lovely and that hairstyle really suits her!

@mycami21, i didn't know fairy children played tag while flying, although it makes sense! That's a lovely picture. And I like how in the trick-or-treating picture a toddler came to the door to see what's happening.

@Emily4331 , I loved the update! That's a love triangle in the truest sense of the word.

@coco , yay, the vampires are sorted out! Lovely, dramatic pictures. I'm looking forward to the epilogue.

@TadOlson , nice update! What is the new room going to be!

@king_of_simcity7 , Amber being uncomfortable because she thinks the "mean girls" might be talking about her - I can so understand that. When you're a sensitive teenager and someone is whispering and laughing, and it might be about you but it might not, is in a way worse than when they're openly insulting you!
    The accent videos you linked were very interesting. While MLE is fascinating, with its influences from all around the world, I wish it would exist side-by-side with C0ckney instead of replacing it!

@Charlottesmom , I noticed the other poster's reaction to what Emorrill said but couldn't find her original post, so I don't actually know what the angry poster was reacting to. But I got a little angry in turn reading their reaction. As I see it, this is what happened (without tagging anyone):
    1. E. accidentally offends S.
    2. S. posts an angry rant (I can understand that, even if they were overreacting)
    3. E. sincerely apologises (the nice and polite thing to do)
    4. After receiving the apology S. posts a second angry rant (for this I have zero understanding. When you get an apology the graceful thing to do is to accept it, not to keep shouting YOU DID A VERY BAD THING. Especially if the VERY BAD THING was not actually a very bad thing at all.)
    tl;dr - basically, I completely agree with you!
  • Options
    @PalmArrow Thanks for the comment :smile: Even guys at school sometimes do girls stuff like 'talk about others' I can even remember being in a French lesson and thinking that someone mentioned me once. I actually had that when I was relaxing in the bath a while back and heard my two room mates walk past the door and I heard my name mentioned...

Also 🐸🐸🐸🐸 does still exist but not as much in London. You hear it in Essex and Kent where a lot of people had moved to at some stage such as towns like Basildon. A lot of 🐸🐸🐸🐸 was influenced by Essex early on.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited February 2017
    @Palmarrow Thanks alot,that face Raina is making,has turned me off women completely :rage:

And if you believe that lie will also say Molly is the yuckiest sim ever :p Ok real quick TMI moment.Molly looks alot like my friends Mom when I was about 12 ,always would hang out at his house and his Mom would be lounging by the pool and stuff in a tiny bikini she looked like if Molly became real or if his Mom became a Sim however you want to say it.It made me crazy :love:

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,125 Member
    edited February 2017
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    @bekkasan Thanks for the lovely comments :)
    I also agree with what you say about @emorrill. I was truly amazed at the response to a very innocent comment. I don't believe emorrill has it in her to be mean in any way. By the same token, I suspect that English not being the responder's first language may have played a part in the misunderstanding. Notwithstanding, the response was truly way beyond what was necessary :|
    I was going to stay out of it because I already PMed @emorrill and told her in no uncertain terms exactly what I think of anyone who has the brass to call her Racist. But due to rereading what said poster said about her "direct thoughts" I have a few of my own..

Emorill (Em) is one of my best friends on the board, I have known her for the better part of 2 years, we have shared many many PMs and stories of our lives and beliefs and I can say with 100% certainty that she is one of the most UNracist people I have the pleasure of knowing.

The easily offended of this world have got to stop being so highly offended at everything and even looking for things to be offended about, the color white is just that a COLOR is is not akin to the "N" word as said poster seems to have implied which would be a racist word and one of the most horrible words in the English language. Matter of fact I even did a little in home testing on my super UNracist son, who has friends from all colors of the rainbow, I showed him said Simself and asked what color is was, he said "about as White as me"...no ill feelings or judgemental issues going on, the color is White, my youngest son is (to quote another of my friends on the board) "white as school paper" it's just a fact, the boy is one of the palest people I know. Calling him white is not a bad thing it is just the color of his skin.

I also agree with @Mikezumi , who said that there is a language issue going on too, English is probably not the poster's primary language and things can and do get lost in translation.

Please know that Emorrill is a very sweet very sensitive person who wouldn't harm a fly, she would never say anything to hurt anyone's feelings.

I've said my peace and will not be tagging the original poster, I just wanted to get this off my chest, I do not want to debate.

Now...back to The Walking Dead!

Thank you @Mikezumi and @Charlottesmom and the rest of you. <3<3<3 You've warmed my heart and brightened my day.

big_internet_hug_mlp.gif

Ooo! I see more updates! I promise I'll get to reading them, but have to call my Mom first. ;)

Happy Simming! <3
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @Mikezumi The move went too well! Mia couldn't take all the family living, I guess! :lol:

@bekkasan Who knows how it will effect them! D: She definitely wasn't cut out for it. :tongue:

@king_of_simcity7 Trouble is an understatement. :lol: Thank you for your comment! Perhaps they are too good looking with the trouble that surrounds them!

@coco Your sims are so pretty! Love your story update! Always enjoy a good vampire story!

I don't know if you're a fan, but this year Netflix is going to get the first season of a Dracula's Curse based Castlevania miniseries! I cannot wait!

@TadOlson It wasn't a social worker to my knowledge, but I exited without saving when it happened so the save wouldn't be corrupt. Thank you for your concern!

@PalmArrow The gnome giving William advice on his love life! Hahahaha! Love everyone's Christmas clothes!

Thank you for your comments! It is a love triangle drawn by a drunk, methinks! :lol:

General statement: I have not known Emorrill for nearly as long as some of you, but even in the short time I have known her she has been nothing but kind. :smile:
  • Options
    Cadh20000Cadh20000 Posts: 730 Member
    @emorrill O.o I think Pinkie hugged a bit too hard, it looks like she broke her friends...
    My current Wishlist.
    My "Studio"

b736bb84-7241-48b2-94de-d977df09cdb3.png
  • Options
    @Mikezumi , Looking forward to the hairy chested pictures of Ebba...kinda hoping she does inherit it!! ;)
    **Elizabeth Taylor is a beautiful lady, would love to see a Sim of her in her youth. You should give it a try, you are excellent with the males, just add on a set of k*n*oc*ke*rs! ;)
    **Invisible Ibb and her magical flowers!
    **Looks like everyone had a great day at the park..
    **Elis....Mr. Popular! I find him irresistible... <3
    **Poor old Hob...hobbling along... ;)
    **All I see in Jensen's face is "You knocked up my daughter you...you!!!"
    **My game files are flubbed up somehow, though the fact that I'm playing on Steam and have Windows 10 could be issues too...all my store items are ready for installing but it just never happens no matter what I try. I'm going to build some store free houses for the future..the only thing I Really miss is Luke's hair!! I gave him a "haircut" in my game.
    **Dylan does get action, first I set him up with Simon a Vampire I made just for him, decided that was the wrong route (after about 2 hours real time play and Simon starting to flirt with Jamie!!). I then set him up with Penny who I did my 4x4 challenge with for around 3 months, she had so much stuff that she collected in her house it was great!! Here is my all time favorite screenshot of them, it is my wallpaper on both my iPads and my HP laptop...

image.jpg1_zps4ur3hmhw.jpg

Charlotte getting huggies from Dylan..

Screenshot-3140_zpsjlldsyq0.jpg

**I have tried to set Dylan up with my SS a few times but I feel bad for Penny so back he goes to her. I did have an evil plan with Rebecca my evil SS (Becky is the semi nicer one), I had Dylan's parents adopt her as a child (regular adopted child aged up, simselfed, aged down) while Dylan was a teen, I was hoping they would become best friends and eventually move on to a ummmm...romantic relationship when she aged up to teen but it didn't work out because she was a legit adoption they were too related (which was kind of the point, I wanted them to be related but still...ya know!)...she did sleep in the same bed as him her whole child/teen/YA life until she burned to death in a fire at the Bistro.... :D

@Emily4331 , I have been fighting with "not playing normally" for a few days now so I totally understand.
    **Devin and Mia are a very nice looking couple!
    **I just bet he loved pushing her on the swings, her tushie was right at the proper p*e*rve level!
    **Michael's son does look like him!
    **The photo booth is such fun!!
    **Cute Charlotte and cute Dylan in one picture ^^^ ;)
    **Poor butler dude!!
    **The submarine adventure is such a cute action!
    **I like Mia's hair... :)
    **Stoopid Bus!!!
    **Ohhhh! Seth is one handsome bugger!
    **a few of my cats slept with their eyes open, a creepy glitch!
    **Did your family move to a new town or just new house?
    **Mia's boss...NICE!!
    **Those fishnet stocking are so cool!
    **Oh DEAR!!! Breaking script.... :o
    **Ohhh.....Oh MY!!!!!! :o:D (the disgusting pig in me loves where your story is going!! The REALLY disgusting pig in me wants Amir and Devin to wind up together...that'll teach Mia!). Holy Carp!! It's like you can read my mind, I opened up that spoiler and screamed!!! <3<3<3 You are epic!! :mrgreen:

@emorrill , Glamour shots...all I can think of is that place at the mall in the 80's where you went in they slathered about a ton of makeup on you and took a bunch of pictures, usually with nice poofy hair to complete the look. :o
    **Feel free to caption any of my screenshots, I bet there are a few that would be pretty funny!
    **Pfft...Updating a computer....what is this updating you speak of? I never do that stuff until my computer is in such a snarl, then I hand it over to the husband who yells at me for 35 seconds, then fixes it. ;)
    **Sore throat is worse, I sound funny...funnier than normal! Coughing has turned worse too, it's a lovely hacking cough now...I hope I'm better by Monday!
    **My Simself has only had kids (many many) with Jared and one with Luke, never anyone else...not even my beloved Connor. Oh, she did adopt one with Christopher once.
    **I had no idea the dogs look out the window in game either, it was very cute!
    **Looking forward to your new update!!
    **And a big one back to you (((HUG!!))) :smiley:

@msbeckycat , Hope your computer runs whatever you throw at it with no issues. :)

@TadOlson , I like Toby too, I used to have a ferret named Toby, he was sweet.
    **What are Tanner and Tracy's jobs?
    **Illness is going around! Tis the season....

@PalmArrow , I love "spying" shots, guess I'm just super nosy by nature.. ;)
    **Ringo and his tropical cocktail!!
    **Awwww! William got prom king!
    **The cute Edgar going to school, I'd love a ghost kiddo (even if he was just in town like Edgar is).
    **Gnomes do give advise don't they??
    **You did a great job on that pattern...repeatable is very difficult with some patterns!
    **I would have kept the hat for Bruce, but I'm just evil so.... ;)
    **Raina seem to have anger management issues...
    **Exactly, if one party offers an apology you in turn accept the apology gracefully, especially if it was sincere which Em's seemed to be and you move on with life, you do not double attack. :s

@CravenLestat , Another Excellent video of your patterns! First one with all the colors and last one, black and white were my favorites. :)
    **Cute Zombie!
    **Kicky ball plus high heels...I suspected disaster...was impressed! Cute video...Love MJ!!

@TheDarkRose , If we ever do get another puppy, it will be either another Golden or a Newfie, which I wanted since I was around 20 and met my first Newf, awesome dogs!

@ilikethesims30 , Bonnie Winterbottom is one of the best names ever!!
    **love all the Friends in your game!!
    **Why did Monica and Chandler get divorced?
    **Loving the guy named Cecil, I had a conure (small parrot) named Cecil.
    **The Caliente girls...up to no good no doubt!

@MoonandStars83 , Glad you game continues to behave!!

@mycami21 , Losing a pet stinks! I just threw out most of Charlotte's toys a few weeks back, there was just no point in keeping them and as much as it teared me up, I knew they had to go. I totally understand you almost losing it!! ((HUGS!!))
    **Dylan has always been a huge favorite of mine, since the day I created him and Jamie.
    **Some of my kids get waaaaaay too addicted to that rocking horse!
    **love the dress up pictures. <3

@lanlyn , Yup, in sprite form, guess he got a bit too close, his dad was doing it too with no issues. I didn't know they could do that either, Daniel just changed from his fairy form and started flying around the light!
    **How on Earth do you kill someone with a cow?!?
    **Gonna check out your link for that show...!!
    **I'd say that pattern is Craven's I have several that are close but not exact. They do look like the same pattern just recolored.

@bekkasan , Feeling worse today, but usually I feel worse then get better pretty fast. Thank you, Charlotte was a great dog.. :)

@king_of_simcity7 , You guys are making me very curious about that Midsomer Murders!!
    **Everyone knows the meanies always have blonde hair...or it sure seems that way in the movies.

@Evalen , Annie is beautiful!! Adorable first kiss! <3

@Karritz , Awww, Your doggie just wanted to be part of the video! <3
    **The diving videos are so inspiring, I really have to give it a go someday!

@coco , It was very nice of Sun to use the Elixirs on Brigit and Erika, now to cure herself!! Wonderful update!! :smiley:

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    @Charlottesmom I kind of want to post comments on everything, and I seriously don't have the time... But my index hover over the like and awesome buttons! And your pics usually get me in stitches - with your funny comments!
    I post a little here and there on other posts too, but I feel so inadequate when it comes to this thread, it moves forward so dang fast and there are so many people posting, that it feels like I'm being terribly rude if I don't comment on everyone's posts...
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    @emorrill Yep. Stalking has an edge to it, that lurking hasn't! ;)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @Charlottesmom Oh my god, your reactions made me smile so much! :lol:

Now you can never stop posting Dylan updates! hahaha!

I moved them to Starlight Shores! So far it has been fun. However, their relationship panels load so slowly. Plus, there's this weird glitch? maybe it's a glitch? Where I swear people who were young in Bridgeport are dying off almost every day! :lol: I wonder if it's the game's way of de-bloating my relationship panel? Whatever it is, it is nuts! Just the other day Katrina Pala died and I was like, "She wasn't that old! What??"

I love Amir...perhaps a bit too much. :heart:

I just downloaded those fishnet stockings...and I still can't remember where they came from. :lol: Probably TSR. They aren't from MTS and I haven't downloaded from anywhere else but those 2 lately. :tongue:

You are going to love the following update! :mrgreen:
    Oh what's wrong, Mia? :naughty:
    tx3Af24.jpg

n0I7b3J.jpg
    *cackles maniacally*
    She's going to have to go on the sims equivalent to Maury to unravel this drama! :lol:

Meanwhile, Devin needed to get out of that house. It seems at this point his entire family was against him! He should've known better than to get back with Mia, he thought. He spent some time sweating out his frustrations at the gym.
    2lDv0Jt.jpg

While there, he got a call from Lady Cook informing him that her husband Jeffrey, Devin's bff, had passed away from old age. (at least he was actually old, game. :lol: )

This broke Devin's heart. On top of everything that had happened...he had planned on calling Jeffrey later for some solace.
    krawEsN.jpg
    (I hate that sims don't get the mourning moodlet unless the death is within their family, so I added it on to him with master controller)

Devin looked at the time...he knew Mia and Amir's schedules would match. It was 2pm...Amir should be home right about now.

He caught him just getting home and cried on his shoulder.
    7NhRQ0F.jpg

6hcNE2w.jpg
    That look Devin. :heart: dawwww

Devin stayed and visited for awhile. Later in the evening, he tried for another kiss.
    Eti3HEO.jpg

This one worked...

eO4Vxtl.jpg

With everything going on at home, Devin and Amir felt it was best for Devin to stay there for awhile, at least until things settled down.
    lOqmHGE.jpg
    I'm dead. This picture killed me. :lol:

HLEkyBH.jpg
    I love Devin. :blush:
  • Options
    mycami21mycami21 Posts: 752 Member
    This will be somewhat of a shorter update. I need to decide which photos I want to upload next.

When Monday comes around Crystal and Grant get on the bus for school. (They both look so happy here. Don't they?? lol)

32668172286_aeda489265_c.jpg

Because they now have a tractor, the farm work gets done much faster. Gerold and Katrina finally have time to enjoy themselves during the day. They decide to goto the Enchanting Creativity center and hangout.

32431359675_6d87c4ed0c.jpg

31588229794_c9920585fe.jpg

31938802913_980a414c27_c.jpg

After school Grant and Crystal sit down and using their multi tabs do their homework together.

31938820133_9cdfddd0d9_c.jpg

Grant and Gerold spend some time bonding.

32410007320_452c8470fa_c.jpg

I forget why I was in map mode but I had seen the Unicorn rainbow. Because of the pics @Charlottesmom had posted a while back I really missed having a unicorn in the family so I zoomed in and added her to the household.
    I forgot to get a pic before I made her over and gave her a name change but here she is:
    Welcome MeiLin Song
    32672340945_0b31f734bb_c.jpg

Sometime after this was when Gerold brought home the Gnome of the darned.

31829516624_9d385a6894_c.jpg
    Daily Deal Thread
    What Happened in your game today? 1000 plus pages strong.

Pictures and descriptions of the Clue characters and of Boddy mansion I created can be found here

Stephen and Sakura's Werewolf/building challenge

My Studio
  • Options
    ccarrig_95ccarrig_95 Posts: 525 Member
    Been awhile since I have played. I am in the process of moving to a different state. I am starting a new story. You have to shake things up otherwise you get bored haha. I got the Now and Then Century Manor recently and I wanted to play around with it. I love Morgana and Thornton Wolff so I decided they would be the perfect test family. I have already cleaned up the yard and fixed up the fence. I have basically gutted both bathrooms, two bedrooms and the kitchen. I created a master, gourmet kitchen with only the best materials and I have made a nice bedroom. I am thinking of creating a master suite upstairs, just have to figure out the stairs. I will post pictures later. I am planning to have Morgana and Thornton have a couple kids together. I am going to have them have a couple of kids together so that Thornton can have a protege to groom into the business or political career.
    I1VZWOJ.jpg
    (Top left to bottom right)Edur Zahrah, Cinderella, Tiana, Pocahantas, Ariel, Aurora, Belle, Emerson, Nicole, Traci, Addisyn
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited February 2017
    @coco I'm kind of upset that you didn't kill the girls, instead of making them human again :( I guess it fits, though, because Sun is a good person (vampire) so she did the right thing :) I hope Sun and Saville have a happy ending. Looking forward to the epilogue :D

@TadOlson I was 2 months overdue for a haircut and it was driving me crazy! Fortunately I don't have to worry about snow boots in an Australian summer, or even winter for that matter ;)
    Great update :) What exactly do they do for the pirate career?

@PalmArrow Wow! A room dedicated to skilling on the houseboat! I kind of like the fieldtrips and I have seen that many of the extended family accompany my sim kids - once I found my simself was with them :) I love the elders in this game except for their spindly arms and hunched posture but their faces are great and my elders always seem to have such fun :)
    Nice pattern! I love knit patterns and several of them in my game :) Bruce looks like a gnome LOL
    Whoa! That is kinda creepy with Florita watching :o
    Ah, the "someone got in my way" face LOL
    Great update :D

@king_of_simcity7 Nice update! It's normal for young people to want to be part of the "popular" crowd. Pity it makes some of the popular ones mean :(

@CravenLestat Revealing story about your friend's mom - "The forces that created Craven as we know him today" LOL

@Charlottesmom I wish making females were as easy as that! I see beautiful female sims that others have made and I even get some beautiful females born in my game, but actually making them is another kettle of fish. I once made a female based on a model for a friend of mine and she looked spot-on but she was not what I would consider pretty and had some very unique features so was more of a caricature than a real person.
    I hope your hubby can sort out your store files - it would be a pity if you couldn't use them :( Have you tried re-downloading the files from the store from your purchase history and installing new copies?
    When I asked if Dylan got action, I meant was he not allowed to cheat LOL Obviously in different saves you would have him with different partners. I like that you have a "good" SS and a "bad" one :p You can play out stuff you wouldn't do in real life with the bad one ;)
    I wouldn't have thought there would be an issue with an adopted kid, but I guess the game doesn't differentiate. My mods could fix that problem in a trice :)
    Poor SS dying in a fire LOL

@jillbg Don't worry about not being able to comment on everything! It's not like you are flooding the thread with pics of your own gameplay. Pop in and say hi whenever you like :D

@Emily4331 Devin's face in that last pic melted me!

@mycami21 Kids always check out the bus driver and it's never a good look LOL
    <3 the pic of Gerold and Katrina dancing :)
    Beautiful unicorn <3
    Great update :D

@ccarrig_95 Sounds like fun - looking forward to seeing pics :)

• Options
    MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    edited February 2017
    @lanlyn I love that infant shirt override. It's part of my current testing group for cc/mods.

@emorrill As someone who's so Irish they don't even burn, (I'm being serious. There's at least one day in Summer where I spend 8+ hours outside, and my skin barely colors.), I would never think anything you said about one of my Sim's skintone was racist or mean. I may not know you IRL, but if your actual personality is anything like the way you post, then you're probably one of the nicest, sweetest people on the entire planet. Like, Kara Danvers nice. *hugs*

@Mikezumi, @TadOlson Not really worried about MC damaging my game so much as overclocking it. I have my finger crossed that it continues running smoothly.

emorrill, @bekkasan Thanks for the input on the Firefighter career. Glad to know I'm not the only one it acts up for.

@CravenLestat rec'd all

@mycami21 Gnooooome!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Game still running smoothly, though I may have to reset things with MC just to be on the safe side.

I did a little work on my Mod attempt. I've been studying what SimsMX did (since that's literally the only Mod I can find that adds elixirs to the game), and I think I'm making progress. I'm gonna post a question on the MTS boards about how to get ingredient/skill level requirements added in, and how to ensure that the death type is set to random. I figured it has something to do with tuning, but I just can't figure out how to word it.

Wish me luck.

Happy Simming, all!!
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
  • Options
    mycami21mycami21 Posts: 752 Member
    @Evalen Annie is a very cute sim. I'm glad Brandon was able to turn her real.

@lanlyn That pattern is hard to find. I had used it once over a year ago and wasn't able to find it again until recently. So good luck.
    I think traits might play a part in ow much a child uses the rocking horse. The only time Crystal would get on it was when I told her to. Her traits at the time were Artistic, Friendly, Loves the outdoors and Grant's are Brave, Love the outdoors and Disciplined. When I play the family again I will check the traits of Grant's friend that I saw hogging the horse when she was over for a slumber party.

@Emily4331 Great update. Naughty Naughty Mia. She should start taking more showers (of the cold kind) so she can stay out of trouble and not loose Devin again.
    Poor Alexis getting caught in the mess.
    Nice twist.
    Aaaand yes you are probably now qualified to write for any soap opera. lol

@Mikezumi I can see where it can get annoying (both the not enough family time and the lag)
    Grant does have that cute little boy personality about him. All of my sims have their own personality but his shows through the most. I can't wait to see what he looks like/ does when he's a teen.

@bekkasan Thank you.

@king_of_simcity7 Thank you

@coco I'm glad that Sun was able to get out of the warehouse safely.
    Very smart of her to give Erika and Brigit the elixir.
    Can't wai to see what happens next. :)

@TadOlson Great update. Do you wait until the additions are closed in before adding the wallpaper and flooring? Or do you wallpaper each wall as they go up?

@PalmArrow Great update. Very cute pic of William and the diver gnome. It does look like he's giving William advice.
    Love the knitted coat you made.
    Congrats to Nophret on the birth of the twins. I like the names you chose.

It seems as though fairies fly while doing almost everything. I had sent the family to the Summer festival and this is the pic I took of Katrina rollerskating. There is a vampire there as well and I noticed he didn't have any skates on either.

31982414534_bfcfc54720_c.jpg

@king_of_simcity7 Great start to your story.

@Charlottesmom Very cute pic of Charlotte and Dylan hugging.
    Thank you. I will try to remember to PM you the rest of my comment later. I don't want to continue to go off topic and this is one of my slight brainfoggy days so I have to concentraite on what I want to say.

I need to stop here. I will finish up my comments later.
    Daily Deal Thread
    What Happened in your game today? 1000 plus pages strong.

Pictures and descriptions of the Clue characters and of Boddy mansion I created can be found here

Stephen and Sakura's Werewolf/building challenge

My Studio
  • Options
    I've come to the conclusion that I just can't finish Kate right now, I've tried to start up where I left off with Edward and Elizabeth getting married. The loose ends to tie up were Kate asking Elizabeth why her werewolf scent bothered her so much but she just married a werewolf. Elizabeth was bothered by it because Kate reminded her of Edward...the wolfy scent. Then Thornton and Erika would get married, age up kids, Kate and Riley would get married..everyone lives Happily Ever After...the end...but I had to play it on my HP and I just can't deal with my HP right now, it's been getting pretty slow in the past few months and my new laptop is peeving me because of the lack of store items (will try a few tricks I read about). Screenshots are also a major PITA on the new one, I have to rename them all or they double. I may just start Penny over again, she was very fun and I didn't need store items, I'll just have to be conservative with screenshots.

Sorry, I think I'm just in a funk of some sort, I get whiny when I get sick. :/

• Options
    Late Feedback...
    Emily4331 wrote: »

On her first day of work, Mia was introduced to Amir Khadem - her new studio's lead actor who would be working with her in an upcoming film about a maid who falls for the wealthy businessman that she works for.

@Emily4331 Ohhh boy. I smell 50 Shades... ;):tongue::sunglasses: (I personally will never watch those movies.) Anyway,
    Your pictures seem so clear and vibrant! You must have a better graphics card than myself.
    Those fishnet nylons...Rawr! ;) Uh oh...Mia is cheating! (Hot kissing pics though :lol: )
    What??? Oh my.... :open_mouth: I did NOT expect that chain of events!
    Great job capturing the right pictures to go with your writing. :)
    --Wait, Mia's pregnant? Here's my reaction:

oh_boy.jpg

@coco Ooooo! LOVED YOUR UPDATE!!! :smiley: (And you have some fantastic photo skills! :open_mouth: )
    How you took some of those screenshots is just...awesome!
    Sun is very lucky to have such a devoted man like Saville. <3
    I wonder what will become of Brigit and Erika...even Elvira. Looking forward to it! :mrgreen:

@TadOlson Oh yes, I turned automatic updates off a long time ago too. ;)
    It's always nice to see an update from you. Is there anyway your pics could post a little bigger so I can see them better? If not, it's totally cool, I just feel like I'm really turning into an old lady when it comes to my vision anymore these days. :tongue:
    PalmArrow wrote: »

William chats with schoolmate Mindy Hamada, while the diver gnome looks as if he's giving him romantic advice.
    ed27a5e6_o.jpeg

I gave Molly a Missoni knitted coat from a pattern I "made" (I made it in the sense that I cut it out of an image I found by Google image search and made it almost repeatable. I didn't manage to make it completely seamless - I can see the horizontal edge above her belt).
    02d5337e_o.jpeg

@PalmArrow Ok, your comment about the gnome...hilarious! :lol:
    :open_mouth: I think you did a fantastic job on that pattern!
    Thanks for helping me with the Tempest Mod in your PM. :)

@king_of_simcity7 2006 was a great year... ;)
    Mean girls? Oh boy.....
    Cadh20000 wrote: »
    @emorrill O.o I think Pinkie hugged a bit too hard, it looks like she broke her friends...

@Cadh20000 Yeah, Pinkie tends to do that a lot. :lol:
    How's your gameplay going?

@emorrill , Glamour shots...all I can think of is that place at the mall in the 80's where you went in they slathered about a ton of makeup on you and took a bunch of pictures, usually with nice poofy hair to complete the look. :o
    **Feel free to caption any of my screenshots, I bet there are a few that would be pretty funny!
    **Pfft...Updating a computer....what is this updating you speak of? I never do that stuff until my computer is in such a snarl, then I hand it over to the husband who yells at me for 35 seconds, then fixes it. ;)
    **Sore throat is worse, I sound funny...funnier than normal! Coughing has turned worse too, it's a lovely hacking cough now...I hope I'm better by Monday!
    **My Simself has only had kids (many many) with Jared and one with Luke, never anyone else...not even my beloved Connor. Oh, she did adopt one with Christopher once.
    **I had no idea the dogs look out the window in game either, it was very cute!
    **Looking forward to your new update!!
    **And a big one back to you (((HUG!!))) :smiley:

@Charlottesmom LOL! I guess glamour shots was the wrong word to use. :lol: It shows my age.
    What I MEANT to say is: Modeling poses. ;) Or sexy poses. :tongue:
    -The updates are the automatic ones that happen from time to time. I disabled it because of what it did to my Sims game. Now I have control over when I want it to update. :blush:
    -I can't believe you've never experimented with your SS having a kid with Connor! :open_mouth: I would love to see that! ;)
    -Oh and once again, thank you. <3 {{{Hugs}}}
    jillbg wrote: »
    @emorrill Yep. Stalking has an edge to it, that lurking hasn't! ;)

@jillbg Lol. :lol: Nice one.
    Sure miss seeing posts of your gameplay. :)
    mycami21 wrote: »
    Welcome MeiLin Song
    32672340945_0b31f734bb_c.jpg

@mycami21

rainbowdashomg.gif

I LOVE that Unicorn! <3
    The kids can do their homework on the multi-tabs???

@ccarrig_95 Your new story idea sounds great! :smiley:

@emorrill As someone who's so Irish they don't even burn, (I'm being serious. There's at least one day in Summer where I spend 8+ hours outside, and my skin barely colors.), I would never think anything you said about one of my Sim's skintone was racist or mean. I may not know you IRL, but if your actual personality is anything like the way you post, then you're probably one of the nicest, sweetest people on the entire planet. Like, Kara Danvers nice. *hugs*

@MoonandStars83 Oh hun, I NEVER tan in the sun I just burn! ;)

Awwww, thank you <3 I'm definitely feeling the love from friends on here today and it's warmed my heart and filled me with joy that I so needed right now. {{{{Hugs}}}}

I always show people my true self, especially online. I could never pretend to be anyone I'm not. <3
    Thank you.

@Mikezumi I didn't miss an update from you did I? It looks like you are having tons of fun playing at the moment and taking fabulous screenshots. ;)

*sigh* Well, sometime today I gotta work in those screenshots for my next Sam update (most likely not until tonight when daughter is in bed).

Thank you again my friends and have fun simming. <3
  • Options
    I've come to the conclusion that I just can't finish Kate right now, I've tried to start up where I left off with Edward and Elizabeth getting married. The loose ends to tie up were Kate asking Elizabeth why her werewolf scent bothered her so much but she just married a werewolf. Elizabeth was bothered by it because Kate reminded her of Edward...the wolfy scent. Then Thornton and Erika would get married, age up kids, Kate and Riley would get married..everyone lives Happily Ever After...the end...but I had to play it on my HP and I just can't deal with my HP right now, it's been getting pretty slow in the past few months and my new laptop is peeving me because of the lack of store items (will try a few tricks I read about). Screenshots are also a major PITA on the new one, I have to rename them all or they double. I may just start Penny over again, she was very fun and I didn't need store items, I'll just have to be conservative with screenshots.

Sorry, I think I'm just in a funk of some sort, I get whiny when I get sick. :/

@Charlottesmom Awww...I'll miss Kate, Riley, Erika and Thornton, but I totally understand how you feel.
    Kate and Riley were going to get married!!!!! :mrgreen:

I get whiny when I am sick too....moreso than my husband does. :lol:

{{{Big hug}}} Feel better soon and I will always look forward to any new stories you decide to write. <3
  • Options
    @Charlottesmom Nice picture of Charlotte and the dog :smile:

I always used to laugh at those high school films where the mean girls where these blond Daddie's girls. You compare them to the mean girls at my old school and they wouldn't lasted more than five minutes of they started talking about how much money they had when at my school being seen as rich was not cool. I was considered posh because my parents owned the houses rather than living in a council house :open_mouth:

Also give Midsomer Murders a watch, some of it might seem a bit daft but they are good story lines

@ccarrig_95 Welcome back to the thread :smile:

@Mikezumi Thanks for the comment :smile: Notice how different teenage Amber dresses compared to Leanda. Leanda dresses to impress guys while Amber wouldn't want to dress like that

@mycami21 Thanks for the feedback and nice picture of the fairies :smile:

@emorrill 2006 was quite good from what I remember :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Hey you know @king_of_simcity7 all that TS3 talk earlier reminded me I had to go play my witch again hehe :blush:
    So I guess it served a purpose :D Happy evening everyone

Screenshot-12_zpslzu63xor.jpg
    Screenshot-6_zpsa2wtahgd.jpg
  • Options
    @SimTrippy I am glad that I managed to pull you back into TS3 :smile: No debates in here which is why I hardly ever leave the TS3 GD these days. Beautiful Sim though and cute cat :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top