March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Pegasus143 wrote: »
    @egwarhammer Thanks for that tidbit about the dates! I was wondering why they weren't working properly when I was playing last night... the funniest part was that there was another time where the dates were doing this exact same thing way back when the-sim-I-was-playing's older sister was trying to have her first date as a teen (this was his, btw). Another weird thing happened last night as well, but I'm going to check one thing in-game before I post about it here.

There were 2 separate posts about it (one bringing it up, one Me Too) at MC last night, but I didn't have time to post it before work. Dates involving Ghosts will do the same thing, too. Fixes incoming next version. Easy enough workaround. :)
    @egwarhammer Okay, I just downloaded it! I will keep you up to date! Thank you so much for your help. Another question, though, I can turn the story progression it comes with off, right? I play rotationally with all households and don't want story progression.

There's a lot you can fine tune, yes. First get it up and going. (Put a copy of your game on your desktop if you don't want MC making any unauthorized or oops changes. Setup takes a little seat time, the first time.) :)

I may be not far from sleep, eating does that to me, especially after working all night. But I'll be back this evening for sure, earlyish. Feel free to post if you need help, though, somebody'll catch it, if I don't. (Right, guys? LOL!)

Cheerleader seems to be developing a squad. I like that. B)

oh thats right vampires sleep during the day.

Exactly. :wink:

im glad you took it th way i meant it. now that my schedule is easeing up i might start visiting again.
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    edited August 2016
    I put all the files into the subfolder, but how do I install it? Also, how can I put a copy of my game on my desktop (Sorry...I am so terrible with technology)

Given that you downloaded the all-file archive (MTS_Deaderpool_1640401_McCmdCenter_AllModules_2_14_0.zip) and unzipped it, you should see something like 20 ts4script files and one mc_cmd_center.package file in your mod (sub-) folder. Then you are fine. Check if your Resource.cfg file fits your folder structure. There is an explanation in the file-section of the mod-page (Link).

For a game-backup please refer to @crinrict backup tutorial (Link)

If there are any questions, don't hesitate to ask.
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    edited August 2016
    Okay, squad o' mine, I'm about to put y'all on the spot. Cheerleader's due a nap, and Lena needs more help.

Would somebody be so kind as to walk her through a completely new experience, adding a mod (MC) to her game? Words of one syllable stuff. (Mac knowledge would be a plus, too.)

I am just whipped, and really need to crash for a while.

When I get up, I will take on any questions that are left by then.
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    edited August 2016
    I read the troubleshooter. I guess you don't really install it until you open the game. Once that's done, how do I use the mod once I start the game? How can I turn story progression and other parts of the mod off? And what happens when a new patch comes out? Does MC automatically update as well, or do I need to update it manually? Sorry....so many questions
    edited August 2016
    I read up on the mod online, so I guess I have to use the computer. I don't want the game to start just yet though, as I first need to figure out how I will disable all the story progression features of this mod and how to get rid of relationship decay problems with it.
    I read the troubleshooter. So it seems to me not that much more needs to be done, right? All the files are in the mod folder unzipped and everything. Can somebody tell me how to save my game on my desktop just in case something goes wrong with the MC mod? Also, how do I use it once I start the game? How can I turn story progression and other parts of the mod off?

Quick stab, right. If your folder looks like the picture I linked to you (moreso than the older one in the troubleshooter, that was 2.12 I think), and you've enabled Mods on the Game Options tab, there'll b a new screen pop up showing the mc files as you head into the game.

To save a copy of your game to your desktop, in windows we would select the file, and either choose Copy to... Desktop (from a dropdown list), or, you can just copy the file and paste it that way. I'm sorry I don't know how it works with Mac. Never used one.

Sort your /saves by date, descending... the first .save file is going to be the autosave, the 2nd .save file is YOUR game copy.

If you see the new mods/cc window, good. When you go into your game, open a live lot, and from either a computer or in-world slablet, you'll see a MC Command Center button when you click on it.

That's the UI settings menu. You can enable menus on the Sims also, under Other Settings (which go with the main module of MC).

The first time you open the game with the mod, you'll see an error message (maybe two) about a missing mc_settings.cfg file and mc_dresser.cfg file. This is normal. Don't worry about either.

Your best settings info is going to be on the description page under the module buttons, depending on what you want to do. I'd say Population should be your first stop, along with the mc_cmd_center section (base settings).

This will get you started. I'll definitely look for you when I get back up. :)
    edited August 2016
    I read the troubleshooter. So it seems to me not that much more needs to be done, right? All the files are in the mod folder unzipped and everything.
    Yes, exactly. The files have to be placed in the mod folder. That's all.

So I copied all saves to a folder on my desktop..I have no idea which one would be the latest, but better save than sorry.
    Better to copy not only the save files. Copy all subfolders like Saves, Tray, Mods, Screenshots, Custom Music and the file Options.ini

And what happens when a new patch comes out?
    I always recommend to turn of automatic updates in Origin. You will get a notification, when a new patch is available, but you choose, when to install. So wait with installing the game patch, until @Deaderpool or @egwarhammer announce, how to proceed.

...how do I use the mod once I start the game?
    To access the MCCC configuration menue you need a computer/tablet from the buy mode on the lot where you are. If there is none, buy one. Which one doesn't matter.

Sorry....so many questions
    You're always welcome.

Edit: Typos
    Post edited by Bonxie on
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    @LenaDieters11 Also, whenever a new update for the mod comes out (which may or may not coincide with a game update) you'll need to redownload and install the same way that you just did, and be aware for any "special instructions" (ex. a particular module isn't working and should be removed, a module got a re-name, etc.).
    I opened my game and restarted it after allowing mods. However, now all my houses are gone...Some of them disappeared even from map view and others look like they are there, but when I loaded the lot it was not there. I opened the cheat bar and typed in mc_help but no text nothing...
    @egwarhammer I pm'd you and DP about that "other issue" that I mentioned earlier as it relates to woohoo.
    I looked at videos of other people installing MC Commander and I did it exactly like that...why are all my houses gone?
    edited August 2016
    @LenaDieters11 I did some googling on your disappearing houses issue and it looks like it isn't mod-related. Try the steps given here.
    So I re-started my game and the houses are back. It says I have mc Commander as a mod in the beginning, but when I go into the game and click on the computer just the normal actions pop up. Wrote mc_help into the cheatbar....nothing, it just ignores it
    I redownloaded the whole MC commander and put those into the folder. It seems to now work properly!! Thank you to everyone, who helped me!

I am looking at the MC Command center...wow....that's a lot. Can someone help me with just two things: Is story progression turned on automatically by the mod (marriages, babies for sims currently not active, but have been played before), if so how do I turn that off?

Also, I found a setting which deals with relationship decay. I want to get rid of the relationship decay that occurs when I do not play with a family in a while (I play rotationally), however it seems like the MC Commander setting completely gets rid of any relationship decay (even within an active household that is being played)...what should I do?
    edited October 2016
    How to activate MC Cleaner Relationship Cleaning 2.14 - Please check your MCCC version, 2.14 is outdated!
    Is story progression turned on automatically by the mod (marriages, babies for sims currently not active, but have been played before), if so how do I turn that off?

How to activate MC story progression:
    1. Click on the computer.
    2. Click on the "MC Command Center..." button.
    3. A list with more or less options appears, according to the modules you have installed. Click on "MC Population..."
    4. There will be a Window titled "MC Population". Under the Title, there is a status line: It says "Use custom populaton: false" (or "true"). If it's set to "false" the mod alters nothing. If it's set to "true", MC Population settings will overrule the maxis settings. "False" is default.
    5. To change this setting: Click on "Use custom population". There will be a window titled "Use custom populaton" and an short explanation. Click "Yes" to aktivate MC story progession.
    6. Click OK
    7. Click Cancel
    8. Restart your game!!

Also, I found a setting which deals with relationship decay. I want to get rid of the relationship decay that occurs when I do not play with a family in a while (I play rotationally), however it seems like the MC Commander setting completely gets rid of any relationship decay (even within an active household that is being played)...what should I do?

There are two settings to control relationship decay. One to switch it completley on or off and one which controls the decay level.

How to switch relationship culling on or off:
    ATTENTION: This setting will only work, if the "Use custom population" setting is set to "true" (refer to the howto above).
    3. A list with more or less options appears, according to the modules you have installed. Click on "MC Population..."
    4. Click on "Other Settings..."
    5. A list with options appears, click on "Bypass Relationship Culling".
    6. There will be a Window titled "Bypass Relationship Culling". Select "Yes" to activate this setting. This means there will be no more Relationship Culling at all. Default setting is "deactivated" ("false" in coding terms).
    7. Click OK
    8. Click Cancel
    9. Restart your game!!

How to o set relationship decay level:
    3. A list with more or less options appears, according to the modules you have installed. Click on "Other Settings"
    4. A new list appears titled "Other Settings". Click on "Relation Settings..."
    5. Again a new window titled "Relation Setting" appears. Click on "Friendship Decay Percentage".
    6. A window titeld "Change Setting" appears to control friendship decay. Choose a number between 0 and 100. 100 is the standard game setting, 0 is no decay. If you only want to slow down the decay try whether 50 matches your need. If you want to completely switch off the decay, type 0 (zero).
    7. Click OK
    8. You are now back in the "Relation Settings" window. Click on "Romatic Decay Percentage"
    9. Again a window titled "Change Setting" appears, this time to control romantic decay. Choose a number between 0 and 100. 100 is the standard game setting, 0 is no decay. If you only want to slow down the decay try, whether 50 matches your need. If you want to completely switch off the decay, type 0 (zero).
    10. Click OK
    11. Click Cancel
    12. Restart your game!!

Don't forget to restart your game if you changed anything mentioned above. This is mandatory for the settings to become effective.

Hope, that helps

#howto #MCCC #relationshipculling
    Post edited by Bonxie on
    edited August 2016
    @LenaDieters11 Yes, the only option is to get rid of all relationship decay. To turn it completely off, change the number to 0. That's what I've done in my game.
    For turning off the story progression, I *think* that changing both Pregnancy_PercentAdjustment and Marriage_PercentAdjustment to -100 should get rid of all pregnancies, adoptions, and marriages via story progression. Those should be the only things that you need to change from default.
    Wow, so, right off the bat, the Autosave snagged? Bleah. (Way to freak out a new player/mod-user, EA... grr.)

TYVM @Bonxie and @Pegasus143 for helping @LenaDieters11 get going. I'm really sorry I had to bail for a silly reason like sleep, but 8 straight shifts and a morning full of catching up was enough to do me in, once I added food. 5 hours later, I'm ready to go again. Where are we now? (Anybody? Everybody?)

Thanksgiving every day for me, if I eat, I'm ready to nap. LOL!

@Pegasus143 I sent DP a PM at MTS to let him know there's one waiting here. I'm going to wait and let him take the first shot at answering it... he may just tell me what to tell you, I'll keep an eye on my MTS PMs too, and let you know if that's how he gets in touch. :) Workday, it may be later this evening before we find anything out.

Most of MC's settings come ready to mimic game defaults, Lena. :) If you don't change much, you won't see much going on, mostly.

(That's no fun.. :p )

There are a few exceptions, and I'm about to look at a default 2.14 settings file, and see what I can spot to tell you. And I'm going to scroll back up and catch things I slept through, too.

This is just a post to let y'all know I'm up and back in the saddle. More soon! :)

Wow, so, right off the bat, the Autosave snagged? Bleah. (Way to freak out a new player/mod-user, EA... grr.)

TYVM @Bonxie and @Pegasus143 for helping @LenaDieters11 get going. I'm really sorry I had to bail for a silly reason like sleep, but 8 straight shifts and a morning full of catching up was enough to do me in, once I added food. 5 hours later, I'm ready to go again. Where are we now? (Anybody? Everybody?)

@Pegasus143 I sent DP a PM at MTS to let him know there's one waiting here. I'm going to wait and let him take the first shot at answering it... he may just tell me what to tell you, I'll keep an eye on my MTS PMs too, and let you know if that's how he gets in touch. :) Workday, it may be later this evening before we find anything out.

Most of MC's settings come ready to mimic game defaults, Lena. :) If you don't change much, you won't see much going on, mostly.

There are a few exceptions, and I'm about to look at a default 2.14 settings file, and see what I can spot to tell you. And I'm going to scroll back up and catch things I slept through, too.

This is just a post to let y'all know I'm up and back in the saddle. More soon! :)

i just looked at one of those internet post your height for your ideal weght charts. don't do that you will get depressed.
    edited August 2016

i just looked at one of those internet post your height for your ideal weght charts. don't do that you will get depressed.

5 feet (barely) and not even 100 pounds. Wonder what it says about THAT? Haha! (Edit: other than, "you need to eat more." :p )
    /edit

5 feet (barely) and not even 100 pounds. Wonder what it says about THAT? Haha! (Edit: other than, "you need to eat more." :p )
    /edit

it said a 5'2 person should be 110 pounds but im a stress eater which is why looking at that was a bad idea.
    edited August 2016
    A config file is now 651 lines long. About 2/3 of that is because of the Appearance Module template files. There are a few settings scattered among the templates, as the file sorts alphabetically.

I asked about a way to get the settings for it back into the "rest" of the file and away from the Templates info, but that's a nerd-level thing, and he hasn't said if he's going to do anything with that idea or not.

Nobody's supposed to be using the config files to edit from anyway, so it's really not a huge thing, how the file is laid out. I "busted" a guy this week at MC for hand-editing his file, he got a comma out of place, and the mod hairballed on him. >:)B)

*Always* edit from the in-game UI Menus!! :) I generally use Notepad++ to LOOK at my file, because I like seeing all the related settings at once, but I use the ingame computer path to edit it. One small tip there, if you do this while you're changing settings, any change will reload the file in notepad++ and kick you to the end of the file. (Edit: distraction made me forget to finish this thought... make a note of the line(s) you're looking at before you allow notepad to reload the file.)/edit

However, for those occasions when (any of) you just can't help yourself, if your file gets messed up, just take it out and reload the game, the mod will make a new default copy.

This place is also helpful in pointing out settings file errors: http://jsonlint.com/ (Not really a new-user thing, but for people who have been using MC for a while, that site is a handy bookmark to have on hand.)

The in game UI being finished is what led to MC versioning up from 1x to 2x. Before 2.0.0 we HAD to edit the config file by hand, there WAS no in-game access to it.

So a lot of us know how... it's just so much easier and better-detailed from in the menus now, that it really is easier and better (and safer for the file) to do it from going through the computer/slablet.

Husband is off today and OMG he's motormouthing me to death. Can't focus. Let me let him get it out of his system and I'll do that config go-thru in a little bit. Sorry... just can't think with him talking a mile a minute. :p

Be back!
    I just wanted to say thank you for all the help! You guys are a great bunch!
    General recommendations for new folks... I'm just looking down the settings file, anything I mention that doesn't come with a module tag is going to be in Other Settings at the bottom of the UI menu. In fact... New plan. I'm looking at this:

flx6oy.jpg

A note about "Restart Required" first... you don't have to do one every time you change *a* setting that needs one, if you're doing a whole-file edit session. But when you're done with changing things, you do NEED to do ONE Sims4 restart, to set everything you just did to start working.

Autosave (Other Settings) is handy for "just in case" backups. I have mine set for the maximum 10 saves, and also to save every Sim Hour. So I have a zillion save files, but I generally don't lose any more than an hour's gameplay if I have to exit without saving for some reason.

It doesn't fire off, though, in some Situations, or on some lots. It isn't broken just because you don't see one every hour on the dot. I don't always see what keeps it from happening. Sometimes I think it's because sims are "going to work" or maybe the bin is busy... I haven't figured out the pattern, I just know for sure DP has said it isn't going to run in some circumstances. Like anytime the game won't allow a save, neither will the mod.

Also, if you save manually, the "hour" will reset from that point. I'm an obsessive saver, SH is the only setting I can use that allows it to do anything. On RH I was never seeing it, because in an hour I've usually saved my game at least 3 times. LOL!

Relationship Settings, this is where you decide how much, if any, decay you want to allow to happen to friendships and romances. If you want to test it (anybody), set one to 0 and the other to 1. Go play other houses. (I don't know when they take the hit.) When you come back, see where the 2 bars are. That'll give you a benchmark.

Clue: I did this, and went back in right away and set both to 0. Pretty big hit at 1, and the default is 100. IMO, 0 for both, if you don't want the game chewing on your relationships.

Notification settings are handy for details nerds. I turned it all on. You may not want to do THAT, but I would enable logging.

Money settings are for who pays child support, and your bills amount percentage. My bills I set at -90, or 10% of their normal cost. For help with Child Support settings, if you're interested, go check it out on the description page. :) Very detailed there. Both default to not do anything unless you change them.

Console Commands is where cheats and unlocks are found. CAS.fulledit, testingcheats, and in Build/buy (submenu), unlocks and debug, etc... several different options there to make a lot of things easier.

Show Menu settings lets you decide to add MC buttons to your Sims, including via the Relationship panel. (Not all options can be accessed from the panel that you can do from clicking on another sim on the map.)

Pause on Zone is my single most favorite "small" thing the mod does. Enabled since he gave it to us. It is AWESOME. :)

Ooh, post from Lena, I want to see it. Good time for a break. More menu stuff incoming.

You're welcome. I *am* sorry I had to bail for a while this morning, though. How are things going now?

I'd been meaning to do this detail post stuff on the menus anyway, you just gave me a good reason to get started. There'll be more. I'm up for the night, now. :p When everybody else goes to bed=me time. :wink:

(You have been warned. Hahaha!) I'll be around. :)

You're welcome. I *am* sorry I had to bail for a while this morning, though. How are things going now?

I'd been meaning to do this detail post stuff on the menus anyway, you just gave me a good reason to get started. There'll be more. I'm up for the night, now. :p When everybody else goes to bed=me time. :wink:

(You have been warned. Hahaha!) I'll be around. :)

no work tonight?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top