Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    More on the Other Settings options...

The Put Books Away fix specifically pertains to Teens and Homework, now. If you see them not picking it up, try enabling it.

I don't play with the Game Time Speed settings, for info on those, the site is your best bet. If you play with them, "relative" is better than "absolute." That's about as into it as I ever got. I don't like messing with time. Sims4 doesn't make being a Time Lord easy at all.

Sims Die On Lot, if enabled, means you'll only get an urn (or tombstone? not sure) if the sim dies on YOUR active lot (where you can add build/buy things), not if they die elsewhere in your subhood (wandering the streets). You *can* try playing with it disabled if you want to play "find the urn..." though. :wink: "Kill Sim" originally led to problems for some, that's why he made it a setting.

Skill Difficulty Adjustment is very cool. Range is -10 to 10, default is 0. I have mine on 10 because I like shortcuts. If you want to make things harder, have at it. :) It's a two step thing, though. Once you enable it in the settings, you're halfway done.

The trick to it is, it's a Flag (Sim > MC > Flags) for Skill Rate Adjustments that you can only set on your currently ACTIVE family members. So, anytime I open a house to do something with them, I generally set this flag on them.

Captain Obvious comment, you can't add it to NPCs if you want them to keep their current NPC jobs. They have to stay unplayed. And out of the "fast track" loop, here. Meh.

Okay, that's this menu done. Other than the parts I mentioned going to the description page for more info on, if you guys have any questions, fire away! :)
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    Can someone explain just how "Flag household as Ancestral" works? I've looked in the update notes for it but I think I keep overlooking it. What I am really looking for is if it is way to keep a whole unplayed households from getting culled and have few longstanding households for generations to come such as the Goths and the Landgrrabs.

I have it set up so that only married Sims can produce offspring but I was wondering if there is way to stop that temporally while I am setting up a new game. I could have sworn I had done it before but can't for the life of me remember if I did or how it was done.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
    I just wanted to say thank you for all the help! You guys are a great bunch!

You're welcome. I *am* sorry I had to bail for a while this morning, though. How are things going now?

I'd been meaning to do this detail post stuff on the menus anyway, you just gave me a good reason to get started. There'll be more. I'm up for the night, now. :p When everybody else goes to bed=me time. :wink:

(You have been warned. Hahaha!) I'll be around. :)

no work tonight?

Nope. Next shift is Sunday at 2pm. I will SERIOUSLY be around. For days. Haha!
    Can someone explain just how "Flag household as Ancestral" works? I've looked in the update notes for it but I think I keep overlooking it. What I am really looking for is if it is way to keep a whole unplayed households from getting culled and have few longstanding households for generations to come such as the Goths and the Landgrrabs.

I have it set up so that only married Sims can produce offspring but I was wondering if there is way to stop that temporally while I am setting up a new game. I could have sworn I had done it before but can't for the life of me remember if I did or how it was done.

The Ancestral Household info is under the Population spoiler button at MC's page. The trick to it is, you have to set it on the family from some OTHER sim. Like here, I have the Lewises and Goths across the street from each other, I'd use Vivian to flag Mortimer with the AH flag. Doing it once will apply it to everybody living in the household, also.

Offspring, if you mean you want no new babies, set your pregnancy percent adjustment to -100.

And now I look again...

(this is why 90% of my posts have edits)

Mapped sims aren't supposed to get culled. Played/unplayed doesn't matter, if they live in a house, they're supposed to be safe. I put the ones I want to keep but not play (restaurant workers, etc) in Newcrest, here. (Just a tip.)

The mod also has a No Cull flag you can add to sims, any sims, if you want to leave culling enabled, but keep certain ones.

There is a SETTING to turn Culling off in the Population module, under Other Settings there. There's also a setting there to turn off Relationship Culling. If they say True in the UI, it's turned off. :)
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    edited August 2016
    Thanks!!! I tend to make my whole town including townies. It gets rather annoying when your trying to set up the clubs for the townies to be in when pregnancy and birth notifications keep popping up...LOL Also I know the reason as to why I couldn't find what DP wrote because I wasn't looking in the right spot...LOL Most of my posts are edited because I am the typo queen and tend to proof read AFTER I hit the post button...LOL

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
    Thanks!!! I tend to make my whole town including townies. It gets rather annoying when your trying to set up the clubs for the townies to be in when pregnancy and birth notifications keep popping up...LOL Also I know the reason as to why I couldn't find what DP wrote because I wasn't looking in the right spot...LOL Most of my posts are edited because I am the typo queen and tend to proof read AFTER I hit the post button...LOL

Hey, at least you LOOKED, that's more than some people do. :) I had to go find it the other day, myself, and I started off in the wrong section, too. As many times as I've been there. But that's why I knew where it was, because I'd just recently found it again for someone else.

I'm not an immersion player. I'm actually more of an alarm-to-alarm player, honestly. I have a copy of the scheduled alarms (edited now for the pregnancy and marriage runs I wrote in) in a text file, and I refer to it OFTEN to get things set up for whatever is happening in that night's alarm.

Checking in now because I'm about to start another flag-check blitz, once hubby goes to bed. 102 sims is going to take me a minute. LOL! But I'll be in and out of here. I come up for air after so many. ;)

When the midnight alarm runs, more often than not I'll be on my home lot for it. Unless it's a "not much going on" night, Mondays are like that here for me with the settings I use... those nights I may be on a community lot somewhere instead when it goes off.

This is just to give you the info, you can copy it into a text file or whatever and "pretty it up" if you want. :)

(Message ends here, nothing after alarms info.)

Weekly Scheduled Alarms for the different modules

Day of the Week
    Event

Sunday
    Dresser - Set default Makeup/Remove makeup from Elders
    Cleaner - Ghosts cleanup, Item cleanup, Sync Married Names
    Pregnancy - For SHORT Lifespans, random pregnancy and marriage checks

Monday
    Population - Move elders to retirement homes
    Cleaner - Delete empty homeless households that are hidden. Sync household names.
    Pregnancy - For SHORT and NORMAL Lifespans, random pregnancy and marriage checks

Tuesday
    Cleaner - Item cleanup, Sync Married Names
    Pregnancy - For LONG Lifespans, random pregnancy and marriage checks
    Club Monitoring

Wednesday
    Cleaner - Delete empty homeless households that are hidden. Sync household names.
    Pregnancy - For SHORT and NORMAL Lifespans, random pregnancy and marriage checks

Thursday
    Cleaner - Item cleanup, Sync Married Names
    Pregnancy - For SHORT Lifespans, random pregnancy and marriage checks
    Club Monitoring

Friday
    Pregnancy - For NORMAL Lifespans, random pregnancy and marriage checks

Saturday
    Population - Move Sims into open home lots. Move-out single Sims.
    Pregnancy - For LONG and NO AGING Lifespans, random pregnancy and marriage checks
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,865 Member
    Please forgive me if you've previously answered but I jumped straight to the end to ask this question. I saw a post in the bugs forum where you said MC will conflict with NO More Same Sims Everywhere. I have that mod installed along with MC. How exactly does it conflict.

Also I haven't updated to the latest version of MC. Will that cause any problems? I'm just not ready to add all of my settings back in if I update.

Thanks!
    I put all the files into the subfolder, but how do I install it? Also, how can I put a copy of my game on my desktop (Sorry...I am so terrible with technology)

BTW, "putting all the .package and .ts4scripts into your /Sims4/Mods/MC folder" = "install" :) (And you figured out the desktop thing, cool!)

Welcome to Sims4 modding. :p It really isn't hard once you get the hang of it, unless you happen to run into a multi-file folder. I mean with nested parts IN the zip, btw... not too common. We don't need it now (pretty much all it offers is in either MC or UI Cheats), but Plasticbox's Cheat Shortcuts mod is one that was tricky to install right... for things like that, though, the creators are pretty good about leaving DETAILED instructions. (I wouldn't try it, a lot of pbox mods have been causing issues lately... another AWOL?)

I keep harping on reading because sometimes it IS necessary. Not to pick on anybody in particular.

Just dropping by and remembered I'd meant to comment on this, before I ran out of steam earlier.

• friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    I put all the files into the subfolder, but how do I install it? Also, how can I put a copy of my game on my desktop (Sorry...I am so terrible with technology)

BTW, "putting all the .package and .ts4scripts into your /Sims4/Mods/MC folder" = "install" :) (And you figured out the desktop thing, cool!)

Welcome to Sims4 modding. :p It really isn't hard once you get the hang of it, unless you happen to run into a multi-file folder. I mean with nested parts IN the zip, btw... not too common. We don't need it now (pretty much all it offers is in either MC or UI Cheats), but Plasticbox's Cheat Shortcuts mod is one that was tricky to install right... for things like that, though, the creators are pretty good about leaving DETAILED instructions. (I wouldn't try it, a lot of pbox mods have been causing issues lately... another AWOL?)

I keep harping on reading because sometimes it IS necessary. Not to pick on anybody in particular.

Just dropping by and remembered I'd meant to comment on this, before I ran out of steam earlier.

un less you decide to use mods the day before the update then have no clue how you got it to work.
    Please forgive me if you've previously answered but I jumped straight to the end to ask this question. I saw a post in the bugs forum where you said MC will conflict with NO More Same Sims Everywhere. I have that mod installed along with MC. How exactly does it conflict.

Also I haven't updated to the latest version of MC. Will that cause any problems? I'm just not ready to add all of my settings back in if I update.

Thanks!

If you don't enable MC's Randomize Visiting Sims setting in Population, using Neia's mod should be okay. I say SHOULD because I don't know. But there's a very specific MC log error we saw when he first put that in, and people tried enabling it with the other mod in.

Here we go, I found it! And a tidbit on it from DP, too:
    [12/18/15 19:06:32]Versions do not match between Sims 4 script and mc_population.inject_find_sims_matching_filter script

[12/18/15 19:06:32]Expected 3 positional parameters and found 4.

That's Neia's No More Same Sims Everywhere mod. It's listed in the mod list as incompatible and it causes that exact error in inject_find_sims_matching_filter script.

http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=4931899#post4931899 (from Dec 2015, btw)

When you update, LEAVE your mc_settings.cfg (any .cfg or .info or .bak file is fine) file in your /MC folder. Delete JUST the old ts4script and package files, and add the new ones from 2.14. The mod will update your settings FILE, but it's rare for it to change SETTINGS. You won't have to update EVERYTHING if you do it this way.

Still, check it over, because depending on how he's had to do a thing, changes to settings occasionally do happen after updates. Just browse down the UI to spot check that everything is how you left it. :)

edited August 2016
    Edit: @rosemow Deaderpool said what happened in this post didn't come from his mod. Have you heard of the GAME coming up with abduction-pregnant Elders? /edit

My game pulled a fast one on me. I knew Dennis (elder) had been abducted, it happened right after I had him call Jasmine for a buff. This was last week, I didn't get to play much at all. His wife got the buff instead, since he was lost in space. :p

But, last night, I was looking everybody over in that flag blitz I mentioned. He's pregnant, by the PT. I did *not* know that. And that has just shocked me, on a couple of different levels.

My Occult Pregnancy Age settings are A/YA. Um...

Also, his wife (Miracle) is pregnant. Two strikes against him having a bun in the oven... and yet, he does.

I lucked into Miracle, she came in as a NPC bartender and cleaned up pretty well. Adult, shares 2 of Dennis's traits, I noticed that and married them in CAS right then and there. Happy elopement. Heh. He's old, why wait? ;)

So now they're both pregnant. I'm going to roll with it and see what happens, but I am wondering in anybody else has seen anything weird like that lately. I haven't seen any errors lately, in fact, I *missed* one this morning I used to get, so that's one for the "fixed" list. :)

School run incoming, as far as the game goes, I've finished flags, and will be running through whoever I want to have mapped/played or left/marked unplayed, after that.

Then, time to turn it loose for 6 sim hours, headed for a pregnancy alarm, among other things.

(I never really turn it LOOSE loose, though... LOL!)

How's things? :)

I'll be back.
    Post edited by egwarhammer on
  • CatrixiahCatrixiah Posts: 78 Member
    I thought my game was glitching when this happened to me a while back;
    I have Occult module of Command Centre installed and set it so ONLY YA/A male sims should be abducted and return pregnant (100% chance of pregnancy). Well imagine my suprise when both my female alien and my male "human" sim came back pregnant
    Catrixiah wrote: »
    I thought my game was glitching when this happened to me a while back;
    I have Occult module of Command Centre installed and set it so ONLY YA/A male sims should be abducted and return pregnant (100% chance of pregnancy). Well imagine my suprise when both my female alien and my male "human" sim came back pregnant

Cool. More ammo. I just copied your quote to DP's comments. You have no idea how glad I am it isn't just a ME thing. LOL!!

It *might* be something new in EA's code throwing MC off. That's from DP, I PM'd him about my surprise pregnancy this morning.

In my case, I'm thinking "perfect storm" because Dennis had *just* called Jasmine for a buff when he was abducted. His wife got the buff, and I wonder if something in the spawning went south, since the game was bringing both Jasmine and a new PT to the lot at the same time. Maybe they bumped into each other... I don't know.

DP also said, since I didn't get the usual "So and So has started a pregnancy with..." message, that in my case, it *wasn't* a mod-pregnancy, it's an EA-pregnancy. Male, sure, I'll buy that. Elder, though... ? That's got me stumped.

I haven't gotten any log errors or lastexception files lately, either. Have you?

I have abductions on High. Almost time for them to roll, too. I'll let you know if anything else strange happens, I'd love it if you'd do the same for me. :)
    Absolutely :) I'll do that. Maybe the game likes to shake things up now and again lol
    Oh and to answer your question; I haven't seen any error messages in game.

Thanks! I went back and added a tag to rosemow to my post about Dennis. If it isn't a mod thing, it's a game thing. She's a whiz at those questions. :) I'm hoping she'll know what's going on with abductions.

Thanks! I went back and added a tag to rosemow to my post about Dennis. If it isn't a mod thing, it's a game thing. She's a whiz at those questions. :) I'm hoping she'll know what's going on with abductions.

Thank you. In my case it's probably a game thing, playing on a laptop I sometimes think it's going to go up in a puff of smoke lol

Thank you. In my case it's probably a game thing, playing on a laptop I sometimes think it's going to go up in a puff of smoke lol

Same here. Not even a particularly good one, mine's an HP Pavilion 17 Notebook. From WalMart. 32 bit and mostly-medium settings FTW! I don't mind. Game's working. I don't need tons of glitz, as long as I have MC.

I say that having had to replace my onboard fan after it died, not long ago. Oops! Keep an eye on that, it's turned out to be the best $100 (parts & labor) I've spent in ages. LOL!

But I'm not trying to ask my machine to do a LOT, here.

Cruise the Tech Help areas sometime, there are people who can give you tips on getting the most out of your computer.

Is your video Nvidia or AMD? Mine's AMD, I think next time, I'm going to try to get Nvidia instead. And a desktop. I MISS having something *I* can do a little of the work on. I could've replaced a fan, in a tower case. But in a laptop? Notsomuch.

Same here. Not even a particularly good one, mine's an HP Pavilion 17 Notebook. From WalMart. 32 bit and mostly-medium settings FTW! I don't mind. Game's working. I don't need tons of glitz, as long as I have MC.

I say that having had to replace my onboard fan after it died, not long ago. Oops! Keep an eye on that, it's turned out to be the best $100 (parts & labor) I've spent in ages. LOL!

But I'm not trying to ask my machine to do a LOT, here.

Cruise the Tech Help areas sometime, there are people who can give you tips on getting the most out of your computer.

Is your video Nvidia or AMD? Mine's AMD, I think next time, I'm going to try to get Nvidia instead. And a desktop. I MISS having something *I* can do a little of the work on. I could've replaced a fan, in a tower case. But in a laptop? Notsomuch.

Oh geez, I have no idea what bits and bobs are in my little laptop lol I'm so not technical. I just keep an eye on how hot it seems to be then give it a break until it cools down. I'd really like one of these professional gamer computers but that's for the future ☺
    Do you know how to get a dxdiag report of your system? In windows 10, if you hold down the windows button and hit R, you get a box that pops up. Type dxdiag and hit OK. And wait, it looks like nothing's happening, but give it a minute, a new window will pop up with all your system info. If all you want to do is look at it, this is where to do that, browse the tabs.

If you need to show it to somebody, here's how to do that:

At the bottom is a Save As Text (something like that) button. Click that. I usually tack a date onto the end of the dxdiag naming option that comes up. You can upload that file somewhere, OR for tech forum help here, section it off and copy/paste it into posts (takes 4-6 messages, usually, perfectly normal) ... tech folks need to see it ALL to do their best job for you.

Mine's here:

Text: http://www.mediafire.com/download/0bvksga94ucs369/DxDiag08302016.txt

Zip: http://www.mediafire.com/download/rh67e8xcnoavraq/DxDiag08302016.zip

Same file, I just wondered what the upload/download difference would be for each format. Time, mostly.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    Hello :)
    It is a part of the game that elder males can get pregnant by abduction. There has been simmers posting that it has occurred in their game.
    rosemow wrote: »
    It is a part of the game that elder males can get pregnant by abduction. There has been simmers posting that it has occurred in their game.

Cool, thanks! Seems Dennis slipped through a crack between MC and the game, his pregnancy was NOT mod-created, it was done by the game.

Little weird, but we're rolling with it. Wife's pregnant too... Might be fun to have them both have babies around the same time. Not expected at all, but hardly the end of the world.

He's having a girl. She's having a boy. She *should* go first, looks like, barely. Interesting time for them incoming.

I just worry. Wanted to make sure the save isn't headed south. Thanks for the reassurance. :)

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    rosemow wrote: »

Cool, thanks! Seems Dennis slipped through a crack between MC and the game, his pregnancy was NOT mod-created, it was done by the game.

Little weird, but we're rolling with it. Wife's pregnant too... Might be fun to have them both have babies around the same time. Not expected at all, but hardly the end of the world.

He's having a girl. She's having a boy. She *should* go first, looks like, barely. Interesting time for them incoming.

I just worry. Wanted to make sure the save isn't headed south. Thanks for the reassurance. :)

It is nice that Dennis is having a girl and Miracle is having a boy. :) The children will enjoy growing up together and having fun playing together. It will be special having an alien child in your sims household,
    I keep talking about Dennis and Miracle, thought I'd post a picture:

Love this new female hairstyle, can you tell? LOL!

120tqxf.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top