Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• thetinfoilgnomethetinfoilgnome Posts: 103 Member
    Hi everyone,

Thanks for the links about modding @egwarhammer . I'll be sure to check them out. I am really into maxis match hair and clothes. For some reason, I am only able to download them if they are on simsfileshare, modthesims, or unzipped into my google drive. I might be able to use other platforms, but so far those are the ones that have worked. One that consistently comes up and does NOT work is mediashare. Also, I noticed that I usually have to go through adf.ly, which I do not like at all because its a suspicious website (I always get a message saying that it will delete my hard drive next time I start my computer, so it's pretty safe to say that it's malicious or fishy at best). I find this annoying because Kiara Zurk is one of the best cc hair creators I have found and pretty much all of her stuff in on mediashare. Do you know any other ways to download her cc? She has another website, but I can't download anything off of it. She has some tutorials about creating cc on her site, so if I can't find any I like, I might just end up making my own. Hmmm.... I wonder if I might be able to find it on the gallery. Also, let me know if there's any other maxis match cc you recommend. You can feel free to message me in my inbox because I don't want to clutter egwarhammer's thread with too much non-mcc stuff.

I am also curious to know what you think of Simgurudrake's recent letter to us on the forums. When I joined the forums and the sims community, one of the first things that I noticed was all of the controversy surrounding The Sims 4. Some people think that she is blaming fans, belittling them, ect. At the same time, I'm sure she gets asked why we don't have answers for the same basic questions regarding toddlers, seasons, pets, ect. What do you think? In my opinion, EA/Maxis has been quite mysterious and reluctant to answer any questions whatsoever until quite recently. I'm not really sure why. What do you think? However, They've changed their tune by giving us quarterly previews and opening the "ask a guru" thread. Before, I was reading an interview with Lyndsay Pearson and she was very evasive with all of her responses, even to questions like "approximately how long does it take to create a sp, gp, ect?" This contrasts sharply to the direct response she gave us on the ask a guru thread a few days ago. Still, it seems like a lot of people are unhappy. I was quite surprised to see that @Scobre, one of the most active people on the forum, said that gamescom was another disappointment. I'm especially surprised considering that (I believe) EA flew her out there.

Hopefully @egwarhammer won't be too annoyed at me making this off-topic post. I just really love this thread--it's just a really nice, safe space and I also know that I'll get very interesting, intelligent responses.

Thanks,

Rowlena
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    edited September 2016
    ....Also, I noticed that I usually have to go through adf.ly, which I do not like at all because its a suspicious website (I always get a message saying that it will delete my hard drive next time I start my computer, so it's pretty safe to say that it's malicious or fishy at best)...
    I think it's a very good idea to be careful with those download sites. But surprisingly ad.fly works on my firefox with my adblockers active. Every time I try to download I get the message that I have to deactivate the adblockers (adblock+ and uBlock Origin). This message appears usually twice, but after hitting OK each time, the download works - without all those fishy ads popping up. But you are absolutely right in not trusting them. I don't know, if you ever made a backup of your game files. If not, consider doing it, even if there is no special reason at the moment. @crinrict made a post in her blog about backups here.

To add a bid of technobabble: For the really suspicious things I use a Linux (Xubuntu) installation in a virtual box for testing and downloading. It's completely isolated and so it isn't possible to catch malware or getting your Windows damaged. If the Linux is damaged (which is very unlikely) I can reset it to a working state due to the virtual box snapshot mechanism. It sounds challenging in the beginning but it's very easy to set up.

....I am also curious to know what you think of Simgurudrake's recent letter to us on the forums...
    I don't understand those ranting people, always complaining that there are so many bits and pieces from the older versions not available. When I bought S4, I expected to have a brand new game with brand new things, many of them hopefully never seen before. If I want to play family, pets, seasons, what ever, I can start my S3 or S2, which is still installed in parallel on my PC.

And for EA's communication policy: If they want to talk to their customers, they can (and it's nice, if they do) but obviously they don't have to. It's nice to have a forum and some gurus as information source, but for sure EA is not forced by contract or law to do anything of this. And this is in short my understanding of what @SimGuruDrake wanted to point out in their recent messages. But with all those stubborn people around never accepting any reasonable argument, I think there is a point in time where she has to change the tune.

My conclusion is: I decided well informed to buy the game, I gave them the money, they gave me the product and therefore the contract is fulfilled. No more obligations on both sides.

To make it fun, use your creative skills and MC Command Center!
    (@egwarhammer May I have another brownie point for this catchy slogan? ;) )

Edit: typos

Post edited by Bonxie on
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    edited September 2016
    Glimmer50 wrote: »
    I was wondering if anyone is getting any stuttering in their game? I have culling turned off but my worlds never get full due to the fact I usually cull off Sims myself now and then.

What happens is I am playing along and my Sim is on her way to the fridge for example, then suddenly the game freezes for a second and she is now at the fridge but it is sudden like she ported there. It is like time stops for just a second. Happens all during game play.

Is this a bug or because I have culling turned off? Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this at all?

I get this too sometimes. I'm wondering if it's because I have quite a bit of CAS cc (about 400 MBs, but that includes MC). It doesn't bother me too much at the moment (I still have memories of TS3 and just how incredibly laggy that was!) but if it gets worse I guess I'll try taking out some cc to see if that helps.

Edited to add: I have both culling and relationship decay completely turned off.
  • MarleyTheWizardMarleyTheWizard Posts: 962 Member
    I experienced this kind of stuttering and sometimes resetting of a lot(all sims) when my game was vanilla, so not sure if it's a MC problem @Glimmer50
    I Sometimes Tweet About The Sims 4
    Gallery ID: MarleyTheWizard
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    Thanks for the responses all. My husband suggested I play off line so I am going to try that. Could it be that simple? LOL..I will keep you all posted.
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Denimjo wrote: »
    My sim recently got the ability to clone a sim using the cloning machine from the scientist career. However, every time she goes to use it it appears to fail. Not like an in-game failiure, mind you, but it looks like the game tried to clone the sim and something was preventing it from completing. She stepped off the machine, her arms went straight out and to her side briefly, but then she reset and nothing happened. Could this be due to a setting that I've altered in MC Command Center?

@Denimjo

I *finally* got a chance to look at that file, thanks for reposting it to dropbox!

It isn't MC having an issue, it's wicked woohoo. Which evidently also causes (other) issues if you have MC's woohoo installed, too. I'm not sure about details. But try taking that mod out and using the cloning machine, and see what happens then.

Just got in from work not long ago, another icky 2nd shift is in the books. Next work, 10pm Monday. I'll be around for a while but I'm still kind of changing gears and settling in.

Long story short, more catchup responses incoming, but after while. Hubby is the king of distraction. LOL!
    evacarin71 wrote: »
    Thanks! But I wasn't able to find anything about the "single situation". Are there any singles still left in your towns when using the mod?

@evacarin71 Sorry, I meant to answer this sooner, got sidetracked.

This can be dealt with in settings. There are two especially I'm thinking of, Pregnancy Percent Adjustment and Marriage Percent Adjustment. Range on those goes from -100 to 100. -100 is NO pregnancies or marriages. 100 would be everybody eligible gets pregnant or married.

Those are not percentages, they are adjustments. I was confused about how it works, I had it set on 50, thinking half would marry/get pregnant, and half would not. *Everybody* got pregnant who could, except for ONE sim. Even my less than stellar math skills were plenty to tell me something was NOT right with that picture.

At that point, I went to DP for a clue, and he told me it isn't a per-hood chance, it's a per-sim chance.

Let me put it this way, that number is now on 3. He said SMALL increments there can make big differences in RNG. (I'm paraphrasing and probably badly, when I'm not wracked from work I'll look into that again a little deeper.)

I'll also browse the settings and see what else I think may be helpful. There are a lot of ways to do a lot of things with MC, it's just a matter of picking the situational best answer, sometimes.

Expect more on this, when I've had time to stew on it a little.

Next thing on my list is food, I think. I'll be back in a bit! :)
  • KevWalkerKevWalker Posts: 810 Member
    I started a new game recently but after 2 weeks (in-game) I have had no sims moving into any property, even the cheap ones, whereas before they had more or less filled up every spare house including single sims in the mansions. I'm running 2.14.0 and haven't changed any settings or mods except for adding Wicked Woohoo. Could this be a cause? If not I'm baffled and I should add that I didn't have WW for the first ten days of this game. Any input would be appreciated.
    KevWalker wrote: »
    I started a new game recently but after 2 weeks (in-game) I have had no sims moving into any property, even the cheap ones, whereas before they had more or less filled up every spare house including single sims in the mansions. I'm running 2.14.0 and haven't changed any settings or mods except for adding Wicked Woohoo. Could this be a cause? If not I'm baffled and I should add that I didn't have WW for the first ten days of this game. Any input would be appreciated.

I really don't think WW and MC like each other much. Roll a copy save and take out WW and see if move ins work better then.

If you have the Saturday logs, look through those (and also check for LastException files, I have one @Denimjo sent me where WW bounced them out of using the cloning machine) and see if you see anything out of the ordinary since you added it.

PTME and WW are both suspect with MC, especially if you have the WH part in, too. When I tried PTME and had some things to report to MC, DP said take it out. About 5 seconds later, I had it out. :smiley:

Can you PM me the WW link? I've not checked it out, maybe I should, to see what I can make it do here, as far as errors go.
    edited September 2016
    If you're interested in DETAILS on your sims, I highly recommend the Show Sim Info mod from itasan2 on MTS.

You can set it up to output info to 3 places, together or separately... a center-screen UI window, the blue Notifications box, and/or a text file.

Here's what I got for Bella from MC using get_pop a c cl f g h m p s (sorted here by ABC order, in the actual log the lines are output a little differently, no big thing.)

[09/04/16 04:34:04]Bella Goth is a member of club: 007 Club
    [09/04/16 04:34:04]Bella Goth is a member of club: Family Matters
    [09/04/16 04:34:04]Bella Goth is a member of club: Romantics
    [09/04/16 04:34:04]Bella Goth is employed in: career_Adult_SecretAgent on None
    [09/04/16 04:34:04]Bella Goth is flagged as opposite-sex-only
    [09/04/16 04:34:04]Bella Goth is flagged for skill rate adjustments
    [09/04/16 04:34:04]Bella Goth is flagged to bypass culling and deletions
    [09/04/16 04:34:04]Bella Goth is married
    [09/04/16 04:34:04]Bella Goth lives in an ancestral home (Goth)

Here's something from the text file, along with a bit of clubs/AH info SSI doesn't catch, but MC's get_pop command does if you use the right switches.

Also, if your sim has the Woohoo skill, in SSI under skills, it shows up as "Skill" only. Probably because it's a just-MC/WH thing, no reason itasan2 would point to THAT specifically... yet. I should mention that to him... hmm. :p

I spent a good bit of time yesterday doing this combo-thing for all 119 sims in my current game. And I'm 2 game hours away from a move-in run, which will render some of this massive amount of info quickly out of date. Welcome to Sims4. LOL!! ;)

I'm calling this a nerd-level post. I just think it's really cool how MUCH info you can see about a sim, with MC and SSI together.

(Teen Cassandra is married and lives elsewhere, that's why she isn't showing in this entry.)

Let me know what you think. :)

====================================================================

Sim Info 2016/09/04 04:39:09 - SimWeek:1 Day:5(Fri) 22:04:00

====================================================================
    Name: Bella Goth
    Sim ID: 467815957906523117
    Aging: Auto age / Can age up
    Gender Preference:
    100.0 for male / 0.0 for female
    Spouse: Mortimer Goth
    Pregnancy: No
    Careers:
    career_Adult_SecretAgent(2)
    Household Funds: 38,030
    Home: Willow Creek
    Mood: Fine(0)

Imported from MC:
    • [09/04/16 04:34:04]Bella Goth is a member of club: 007 Club
    • [09/04/16 04:34:04]Bella Goth is a member of club: Family Matters
    • [09/04/16 04:34:04]Bella Goth is a member of club: Romantics
    • [09/04/16 04:34:04]Bella Goth lives in an ancestral home (Goth)

/end Import from MC

Traits:
    FamilyOriented
    GenderFemale
    GenderOptions_Clothing_WomensWear
    GenderOptions_Frame_Feminine
    GenderOptions_Pregnancy_CanBeImpregnated
    GenderOptions_Pregnancy_CanNotImpregnate
    GenderOptions_Toilet_Sitting
    Good
    Gregarious
    Handedness_Left
    MTS_Deaderpool_McCommander_NoCullFlag
    MTS_Deaderpool_McCommander_PregnancyMarkOppositeSex
    MTS_Deaderpool_McCommander_SkillChangeFlag
    Phone_Red
    Quick_Learner
    Romantic
    WalkStyleFeminine
    youngAdult

Skills:
    Charisma(4)
    Comedy(2)
    Fitness(2)
    HomestyleCooking(6)
    Logic(7)
    Programming(2)

Household Name: Goth
    Household Type: Visible
    Played Status: Played
    Household Member: 3 sims
    Mortimer Goth
    (Adult, 63.1days till age up, Male, romantic-Married)
    Bella Goth
    (YoungAdult, 63.1days till age up, Female, me)
    Alexander Goth
    (Child, 35.1days till age up, Male, family_son_daughter)
    Hi everyone,

Thanks for the links about modding @egwarhammer . I'll be sure to check them out. I am really into maxis match hair and clothes. For some reason, I am only able to download them if they are on simsfileshare, modthesims, or unzipped into my google drive. I might be able to use other platforms, but so far those are the ones that have worked. One that consistently comes up and does NOT work is mediashare. Also, I noticed that I usually have to go through adf.ly, which I do not like at all because its a suspicious website (I always get a message saying that it will delete my hard drive next time I start my computer, so it's pretty safe to say that it's malicious or fishy at best). I find this annoying because Kiara Zurk is one of the best cc hair creators I have found and pretty much all of her stuff in on mediashare. Do you know any other ways to download her cc? She has another website, but I can't download anything off of it. She has some tutorials about creating cc on her site, so if I can't find any I like, I might just end up making my own. Hmmm.... I wonder if I might be able to find it on the gallery. Also, let me know if there's any other maxis match cc you recommend. You can feel free to message me in my inbox because I don't want to clutter egwarhammer's thread with too much non-mcc stuff.

I am also curious to know what you think of Simgurudrake's recent letter to us on the forums. When I joined the forums and the sims community, one of the first things that I noticed was all of the controversy surrounding The Sims 4. Some people think that she is blaming fans, belittling them, ect. At the same time, I'm sure she gets asked why we don't have answers for the same basic questions regarding toddlers, seasons, pets, ect. What do you think? In my opinion, EA/Maxis has been quite mysterious and reluctant to answer any questions whatsoever until quite recently. I'm not really sure why. What do you think? However, They've changed their tune by giving us quarterly previews and opening the "ask a guru" thread. Before, I was reading an interview with Lyndsay Pearson and she was very evasive with all of her responses, even to questions like "approximately how long does it take to create a sp, gp, ect?" This contrasts sharply to the direct response she gave us on the ask a guru thread a few days ago. Still, it seems like a lot of people are unhappy. I was quite surprised to see that @Scobre, one of the most active people on the forum, said that gamescom was another disappointment. I'm especially surprised considering that (I believe) EA flew her out there.

Hopefully @egwarhammer won't be too annoyed at me making this off-topic post. I just really love this thread--it's just a really nice, safe space and I also know that I'll get very interesting, intelligent responses.

Thanks,

Rowlena

@Rowlena_Lauchenbaum egwarhammer is not annoyed AT ALL at you for making an off-topic post. :) I do it often, myself. ;) Yeah, it's my thread, so I can break the "rules" easily enough... I seriously don't mind the occasional "catch all" post from other folks, either. They're interesting reading! :)

With the forums set up as they are, it's just easier for me to post whatever I want to talk about HERE, because if it's in my game, MC is related, or at the very least, involved. If it's Sims4 stuff, it's related. If it's a player having an off day, it could be related, maybe we can help if you share what's up. My definition of off-topic is pretty loose, but my definition of on-topic is probably more so. LOL!

We're all playing the same game. With or without MC, I realize some people post here who don't have MC, looking for info or advice. My feeling is, game and MC work together, so, anything related to either is fair game here. Other mods, too, if they work or don't work with MC, that's handy knowledge to have, too. Troubleshooting info FTW!

I'm not saying let's turn this thread into a chatfest about all things under the sun... but I am saying, "off topic" is not really going to get me raining down destruction on anybody for posting that stuff. Meh. Sometimes things just need to be said, and who better to say them to, than players you've already become familiar with? :)

Let me know what you think about Python... ;)

Rowlena are you using Windows or Mac? For Windows, Chrome has an Incognito Window browser function that has let me bypass some of Mediafire's issues before. (You said mediashare, did you mean mediafire?) Mediafire does NOT like mc_settings.cfg files AT ALL, either uploaded as .cfg or .zip. Dropbox gives a warning on .cfg files, but it doesn't care at all about zips. That's why if someone is needing me to look at their settings, I go for using Dropbox instead of Mediafire, it's just easier all around.

@Bananas_45 may know more about getting to Kiara's stuff, we'll see. :) If she doesn't see this tag, I'll PM her later. I dunno if she's ever visited my thread, let's give her a chance to wander by. <3

Meanwhile, if there's something of Kiara's you specifically want, you could link it, and I'll see about grabbing it for you, I can toss it up on Dropbox for you as an interim measure... but we really need to figure out what's stopping you from being able to download things yourself. Tell me more. Operating system, browser, etc. Anything. (This is that "related" stuff I mentioned. It needs to work, let's see if we can make that happen for you.)

I don't use much cc these days, I got tired of the in/out dance after big patches. They have clothes and hair, cool. B) You know? LOL!

And I have trashed EA's fashion "sense" since Sims2 days... some of their choices are just UGLY, but, with all the expansions/stuff packs etc, I *have* been able to come up with some fairly cute/decent outfits. Sometimes hitting the random button in CAS, or the "Randomize Part" button in MC's Dresser, leads to cool surprises, things maybe you wouldn't PUT together, but that look okay once you SEE it.

I'm more into skills than looks. And more into mods than cc. Definitely YMMV territory. :)

This is paragraph one of your post, Rowlena... I'll put a response to the second part up in another message. Getting long enough, here.

I love your posts, btw... always lots to think about and discuss! :)
    Hi everyone,

(snip first paragraph, already answered)

Thanks,

Rowlena

I haven't seen that letter from Drake, do you have a link? I want to see what you're asking about. I don't go everywhere, so if you ask about something (like what I bolded above), if you'd include links, that would be most appreciated. :)

Big site, I haven't seen that post, or visited the Ask a Guru thread yet. So I really am not a good one to answer these questions. I *am* interested in seeing what others here have to say on this, though.

After last year's gamescon with the horrid (total waste of time) dancing "You Rule" video, I didn't even bother checking out this year's gamescon info. It doesn't matter what happened there, I'll see what they're doing whenever they drop it for us to buy/install/etc.

BTW You Rule is a pet peeve of mine. We so do NOT rule this game. MC makes that BETTER, for sure, but no, we do NOT rule this game. Any other slogan... I could write a page on this, alone. I have before.

People are people, and some players are never happy, never going to be happy, no matter how much of their "must have" list EA fills. Some of those unhappy people seem bent on dragging other people into their black-cloud-influenced view of life, the universe and everything. And a few of them have landed on my ignore list, too. I'm not wasting my time arguing with people, when I'd rather play my game. And chat here with you guys. Priorities.

I think it's nice that some of the gurus are more forthcoming with info, I love seeing SGNick post. I think he did get in a bit of trouble with Drake, though, when he admitted the relationship decay settings were added by design, or that they're "a little aggressive," a while back.

They're limited by rules on what they can share, I don't agree with where many of those lines are drawn, but I do understand that at the end of the day, he works for EA, and needs to do what they say. It isn't any guru's fault they're trying to post with their hands tied. At least they're trying to post... that's been a very cool thing. Love me some green tagged messages! :)

Tonight starts 7 3rd shifts (10p-7a) for me. So I won't be around a lot this week, but I will check in at least twice a day. Usually more. I tend to play less and net more during work weeks.

This morning, I'm wanting to run my game past the next move-in alarm (2 sim hours from happening), so I'm going to go get into that, while I have time and am still awake (slept some last night after finishing 2nd shift, which is NOT my joy, I love my 3rds, 2nd notsomuch).

I know there's more here I need to reply to, and I'll be back to take another stab at it. Juggling is not one of my leet skillz. But if I get this alarm done, I'll have a new setup to check out between work/sleep jags this week. :)

If anybody here is specifically waiting for a response from me over something, let's assume I missed it, and you might want to either repost your question, or put me up a link to your original post.

I'm not the most organized person in the whole world, and sometimes I have real space cadet episodes. If you guys wouldn't mind to help me keep my youknowwhat together, that'd be swell. Just let me know what you need, I'll try my best to get something useful up for you. :)
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,773 Member
    Hi @egwarhammer & @Rowlena_Lauchenbaum! Kiara is so frustrating. She has a second website now at http://mystufforigin.com/ with a different host that eventually link to simsfileshare. But to be honest, the new host is even more frustrating. It is called shorte.st and Norton flags it as a virus. If you use it, make sure you get the 5 sec wait option in the right hand corner. It doesn't always offer that so please exit that page without clicking anything and try again. This new site also has the option to donate. I have no idea if that makes a difference. AND, her offerings that are advertised as "donate only" are still free on the original site.

Her original site:
    http://mystufforigin.blogspot.pt/

I can't find anyone that doesn't link to one of those two sites for downloads. Sorry.
    Bananas_45 wrote: »
    Hi @egwarhammer & @Rowlena_Lauchenbaum! Kiara is so frustrating. She has a second website now at http://mystufforigin.com/ with a different host that eventually link to simsfileshare. But to be honest, the new host is even more frustrating. It is called shorte.st and Norton flags it as a virus. If you use it, make sure you get the 5 sec wait option in the right hand corner. It doesn't always offer that so please exit that page without clicking anything and try again. This new site also has the option to donate. I have no idea if that makes a difference. AND, her offerings that are advertised as "donate only" are still free on the original site.

Her original site:

I can't find anyone that doesn't link to one of those two sites for downloads. Sorry.

Thanks! It's more than I knew, so it's all good. If Rowlena sees something, I can get it for her till we figure out what's stopping her. No worries at all!
    Bananas_45 wrote: »

Her original site:

Aaw, that's a shame, but good to know. My computer pretty much has a conniption fit every time I go anywhere near her website :o
    OMW to bed but I wanted to share a couple of things.

About using bulldozed lots for move-ins by trick-flagging them with bedrooms, I noticed you can't change that number when you FIRST load up build buy. I was disappointed, because I didn't want to add a house... thought about it, and decided to try an item, instead, I plopped a cooler down just to see. It worked! I just had a guy move in to that lot from the alarm. :)

If you add something to the lot, anything, that's enough to activate the beds and baths windows. Just needs an edit. Once you set the number in Beds, you can delete whatever you added, to get back to "flat ground" if you like.

The other thing is about the pregnancy and marriage alarms. If you have lag or other issues during the Saturday move-in/pregnancy alarm (on long and no aging pregnancy runs then), try "hard coding" your pregnancy run to some other night(s). If the only thing going on is the move-in run, it works very well. Mine was over in about a minute.

It *might* take a little between-alarm settings juggling if you put pregnancy and marriage runs on different nights like I did, or if you have different age groups in mind for either one. Some of that's because of the recent pregnancy/marriage split, a few things got "left behind," and some are for sure on the fix it list for 2.15. So if you see anything weird from any pregnancy/marriage alarm, let me know. It may be something else DP should look into. But overall, here, it's been working VERY well, once I figured out the way to get the ages I wanted included for each. Just wanted to pass it on! :)
    OMW to bed but I wanted to share a couple of things.

The other thing is about the pregnancy and marriage alarms. If you have lag or other issues during the Saturday move-in/pregnancy alarm (on long and no aging pregnancy runs then), try "hard coding" your pregnancy run to some other night(s). If the only thing going on is the move-in run, it works very well. Mine was over in about a minute.

It *might* take a little between-alarm settings juggling if you put pregnancy and marriage runs on different nights like I did, or if you have different age groups in mind for either one. Some of that's because of the recent pregnancy/marriage split, a few things got "left behind," and some are for sure on the fix it list for 2.15. So if you see anything weird from any pregnancy/marriage alarm, let me know. It may be something else DP should look into. But overall, here, it's been working VERY well, once I figured out the way to get the ages I wanted included for each. Just wanted to pass it on! :)

Good to know, thanks. And I like your new cheerleader pompom sig! :)
  • DenimjoDenimjo Posts: 213 Member
    Denimjo wrote: »
    My sim recently got the ability to clone a sim using the cloning machine from the scientist career. However, every time she goes to use it it appears to fail. Not like an in-game failiure, mind you, but it looks like the game tried to clone the sim and something was preventing it from completing. She stepped off the machine, her arms went straight out and to her side briefly, but then she reset and nothing happened. Could this be due to a setting that I've altered in MC Command Center?

@Denimjo

I *finally* got a chance to look at that file, thanks for reposting it to dropbox!

Thank you so much for the heads up. Have taken out that mod and can now clone properly. :-)
    Zl8Iuk9.jpg
    Don't flip out if you have me on Origin and see "me" playing Sims3... it'll be my kid. I work tonight. :D And I am so not awake yet. (Typical... typing is not going gangbusters here, either. LMAO!)

BTW, if you want to add me to Origin, feel free. Same ID. It's kinda cool seeing people come and go on/offline.

I had to log out tonight so my kid could play (we both have laptops), but when I'm off work (or the kid is at school/asleep/not playing), I usually have Origin on 24/7. I may not get to add people right away this week, but next time I get online with Origin, I'll see if anybody new is listed. :)

@Denimjo Cool! That's the secret of a decent LastException file, it will usually tell you what's snagged, if it's a mod. Some LEs are kind of useless to me, they don't say much, I think those are generally the game having a fit within itself, somehow. Routing issues, possibly. But they are definitely useful, for the most part. :)

Anytime any of you gets one, if you want to let me see it, put it on dropbox or mediafire. I love seeing if I can figure out what they're saying. Side hobby, I guess. ;)
    edited September 2016
    evacarin71 wrote: »
    Thanks! But I wasn't able to find anything about the "single situation". Are there any singles still left in your towns when using the mod?

Yes. Here's a copy of my get_pop b report following a move-in run:

[09/05/16 11:58:36]Total Sims: 119
    [09/05/16 11:58:36]Total Female Sims: 69
    [09/05/16 11:58:36]Total Male Sims: 50
    [09/05/16 11:58:36]Total Grim Reapers: 0
    [09/05/16 11:58:36]Total Babies - Female: 1, Male: 0
    [09/05/16 11:58:36]Total Children - Female: 3, Male: 5
    [09/05/16 11:58:36]Total Teens - Female: 9, Male: 4
    [09/05/16 11:58:36]Total Young Adults - Female: 28, Male: 25
    [09/05/16 11:58:36]Total Adults - Female: 24, Male: 12
    [09/05/16 11:58:36]Total Elders - Female: 4, Male: 4
    [09/05/16 11:58:36]Total Ghosts: 0
    [09/05/16 11:58:36]Total Homeless Sims: 19
    [09/05/16 11:58:36]Total Homed Sims: 100
    [09/05/16 11:58:36]Total Married Sims: 54
    [09/05/16 11:58:36]Total Pregnant Sims: 9
    [09/05/16 11:58:36]Total Sims in Hidden Households: 8
    [09/05/16 11:58:36]Total Aliens: 4
    [09/05/16 11:58:36]Total Special Sims: 2
    [09/05/16 11:58:36]
    [09/05/16 11:58:36]Total Households: 69
    [09/05/16 11:58:36]Total Homeless Households: 15
    [09/05/16 11:58:36]Total Homed Households: 54

If you remove the babies and children from what's left (my teens can marry), I still have about as many eligible single sims as I have married sims, ATM. SOME of mine I have marked to Never Marry, I thought that'd be good for the Noncommittal sims, and I have it added to the PT and Jasmine, my other Hidden sims (probably overkill, but I HAVE seen a hidden PT be added to clubs before, so...), and a few with terribad traits that I don't really want to saddle anybody else with being married to.

But it isn't anywhere near the 50some I have left over, who are not married already. Some of them just aren't getting married yet.

That flag can be removed... if you have some sims in mind you'd rather do something else with, flag them for Never Marry before the alarm. You can always take it off later. No Offspring, too, for pregnancies.

Maybe it's settings. These are mine (not defaults):

"Marriage_AgeToRun": "A,YA,E,T",
    "Marriage_AllowHomeless": true,
    "Marriage_AllowSameSex": true,
    "Marriage_BypassActiveRomanticInterest": true,
    "Marriage_BypassPlayedHouseholds": false,
    "Marriage_DaysToRun": "TU,FR",
    "Marriage_EnforceFamily": true,
    "Marriage_MoveFamilies": true,
    "Marriage_PercentAdjustment": 5,
    "Marriage_PreferHomeSims": true,
    "Marriage_RenameOppositeSex": "M",
    "Marriage_RenameSameGender": true,
    "Marriage_SameOppositeSexOnly": "",
    "Marriage_SpouseGenders": "M,F",
    "Marriage_UseSameAgeGroup": false,

Small note here, if you separate your marriage and pregnancy (WE, SU here) runs like I did, you'll possibly need to change either or both of the age to run settings for those alarms till 2.15 comes out. Depends on what you want to do. The age "verification" is still tied to the pregnancy settings, it's a leftover missed bit from when DP first separated Marriage out from Pregnancy. I wanted my teens able to marry but not get pregnant, and I had a small fit on him, over it not working right. LOL! So, fix incoming. :blush:

If you don't want ANYBODY getting married, easiest thing is to set the Marriage Percent Adjustment to -100.

I have my played sims allowed to be used for alarms, because I don't PLAY all of them I MARK played. Some are played so they'll keep their current jobs. Some are played because they're pregnant, and I want the "in labor" notification to come up. Generally, here, I don't have anybody unaffected by mod happenings during alarms, outside my Active household. This may not be what YOU want. It's just where I'm playing from, point of reference stuff since I'm posting settings.

Wall of text already, I may as well finish the whole ball of wax in one post. Here are my pregnancy settings:

"Pregnancy_AdoptionAges": "C",
    "Pregnancy_AgeToRun": "A,YA",
    "Pregnancy_AgeWhenPregnant": true,
    "Pregnancy_AllowAffairs": true,
    "Pregnancy_AllowHomeless": true,
    "Pregnancy_AutoMarryPercent": 60,
    "Pregnancy_BabyMotiveDecay": 0,
    "Pregnancy_BypassActiveRomanticInterest": true,
    "Pregnancy_BypassPlayedHouseholds": false,
    "Pregnancy_DaysToRun": "WE,SU",
    "Pregnancy_Duration": 3,
    "Pregnancy_ElderPregnancyPenalty": 0,
    "Pregnancy_EnforceFamily": true,
    "Pregnancy_InsiminateGenders": "M",
    "Pregnancy_MalePregnancy": false,
    "Pregnancy_MaxHouseholdChildren": 50,
    "Pregnancy_MaxOffspring": 2,
    "Pregnancy_OffspringGender": "M,F",
    "Pregnancy_OnlyMarriedPregnancy": false,
    "Pregnancy_PauseOnPlayableLabor": true,
    "Pregnancy_PercentAdjustment": 3,
    "Pregnancy_PreferHomeSims": true,
    "Pregnancy_SameOppositeSexOnly": "O",
    "Pregnancy_SameSexAdoptionPercent": 100,
    "Pregnancy_UseSameAgeGroup": false,

I usually run with both males and females able to reproduce and have babies, but I'm currently playing with (I hope) more "normal" settings. I see no reason to allow babies to be adopted/created, and I don't want to mess with new teens without many skills and an entire lost life stage (shorter playing lifespan), either, so I set adoptions for children only. Also to 100% for same sex couples. New territory here, as is having the Opposite Sex only setting in use. I haven't had any adoptions yet, but I've only had a couple of alarms with these settings. And I'm getting ready to start my third week of this game, when I play again.

I hope something here helps. If you have any questions, let me know. :)
    Post edited by egwarhammer on
    You all are so lovely as usual! The (in)famous open letter by @SimGuruDrake is here:

//simsvip.com/2016/08/20/sims-4-simgurudrake-talks-culling-toddlers-development-influencers/

This is a longer version of a post she made here: forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15121534/#Comment_15121534

The article might be a mash up of some other comments--it's kind of weird to have it in separate places. I feel like I read another version where she sounded a lot angrier, but maybe that's just in my head.

As I said before, I think that it's very interesting that the sims team has done a 180 and is now answering a lot more questions. @Bonxie did mention that they have no obligation to tell us anything, which is true, but it does seem to me that in the past they have been quite evasive. You can see a great example in the article here (especially when asked about how long things take to develop):

//simsvip.com/2016/07/13/behind-scenes-lyndsay-pearson-developing-sims-4/

Sims VIP also has all of the Q and A on the "Ask a Guru" thread conveniently boiled down into this post:

//simsvip.com/2016/08/29/the-sims-ask-a-guru-qa-session/

Honestly, the ask a guru thread is quite fascinating. I highly recommend reading the article. I believe that the thread is currently closed right now, but I'll double-check. They alternated between opening and closing it so people had the chance to ask questions and the gurus could stop, look through everyone's posts, and make a few responses before it became overwhelming for them. I think that they may have burnt out or something because it's been closed for the last few days. I have to agree with @egwarhammer. I feel like most of the people who are frustrated by TS4 are sucking everyone into their vortex of negativity. @Bonxie brings up a good point too: If you don't like something about the game, find a mod or learn how to make one yourself, though chances are MCC will have you covered.

I just started playing the sims at the beginning of July, so I kind of feel like an outsider looking in on all of this. The gossip, controversy, and heated emotions are all so interesting to me. I also noticed that while it appears that they've done a lot of innovative things in TS4, they have some objects that are almost exactly like those in TS3. I was wondering why they made a summer pack that basically revolved around a slip 'n slide until I heard someone mention that it was something they enjoyed in TS3. I am curious to know why the team introduced relationship culling, because unlike regular culling, it does not appear to have any clear purpose. Personally, I feel that it would be best to have a decay in relationships only for active households (that way you could forget about a nasty romance and get rid of the pink bar and also choose to grow distant or stay in touch with friends). From what I hear, that's one of the few things that MCC can't do yet.

This post is getting long, so I'm going to make another one to talk about cc, but before I go, I want to thank @Bonxie for her help.
    @Rowlena_Lauchenbaum I need to get ready for work, but look again at MC, on the Sim menu near the bottom, as of 2.14 you CAN now edit ACTIVE relationships from MC. :) Best present the Cheerleader's gotten, lately. I think I kinda talked him into that. <3

More reply in the morning. Just wanted to let you know that. :)
    You are the best!!! Thank you so much!!! @egwarhammar I can't wait to test this out.
    BTW, I can't post links yet, so I just deleted the http to bypass the forums ;)

I actually was able to download all of the hairstyles I wanted. I have K9 web protection on my computer, and I figured out how to configure it so that it prevented the pop-up that would "delete my hard drive," and pass safely through adf.ly. Mediashare looks really weird on my computer, but I can download stuff off of it, so it's fine. Thanks for all of your help though. I believe K9 is free, so if you have trouble with adf.ly, download it, put it on one of the stricter safety settings, and I can help you out if you need it.

I actually need one more thing if someone has a minute. I'm trying to download younzoey's skater skirt mesh (BTW this mesh is super popular. There are about a million recolors), but the site is in Japanese. If you've downloaded this mesh before, let me know how you figured it out.

Honestly, @luthienrising was right. I was perfectly content before, but now I can't imagine playing without my mods and CC. I was beginning to wonder what I would do when there was another update because I have so much stuff in my mods folder (I have to scroll through it now) that I can't just delete and replace it all. I think there's some way to remove the mods folder and add it back in after an update, but I really have to look into that. I'm going to look through the link @Bonxie left for me and figure out how to make myself a backup too. I would be so mad if my saved game got deleted. My lots and characters are so perfect right now.

At the same time, I will never download alpha hair or anything I think looks weird in the game. I have a very particular taste in fashion, so I'm really picky about what I like. If I had to describe my style, I'd say that I tend to dress tastefully, I tend to like vintage things (so embarrassing, but I love all the clothes my mom saved in her closet from 20-30 years ago. You can't find 100% cotton jeans ANYWHERE). I'm sort of preppy, but I don't like anything that's too boring; I love bright colors and patterns. I was honestly so surprised that I liked any of the clothes that come with the game and DLCs, but some of them are really cute and I would totally wear them in real life.

Right now I'm very busy studying, though I occasionally hop onto the forums when I need a break. I'll have the opportunity to take a computer science class next semester, but they offer Java and something else. I was talking to a friend, and we came to the conclusion that Python is like the ghetto slang of computer languages. It's best to learn something else first. Apparently, Python is really easy to self-teach. I'll let you know when I get to the point where I can make mods. At the same time, I think it might be better for me to get my feet wet first before diving in. I think I should start with CC by recoloring and making meshes first. I am on the creative side and love fashion, so I think that it'll be good for me. I noticed that the people with the best CC tend to use The Sims 4 Studio. I'm going to try to figure out how that works. I've found several tutorials, and I'm sure that YouTube is full of stuff. Again, because I'm so busy right now, I'll have to start with this after January. Right now, I really wish that it was possible to modify clothes so that I could detach some of the blazers (I have found at least one up for download) and maybe figure out how to make it so that you have the option to tuck and untuck shirts.

Love,

Rowlena
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    edited September 2016
    I actually need one more thing if someone has a minute. I'm trying to download younzoey's skater skirt mesh (BTW this mesh is super popular. There are about a million recolors), but the site is in Japanese. If you've downloaded this mesh before, let me know how you figured it out.
    If you click on the mesh link in the recolor posts to younzoey's original download, you get a message looking like this:
    y3m-Xsp0JWmGRgzZS5AT8NWfCmF6odm8DjMi1_ulVVrOFhQMESK3ac9_7e8-9lejdmf3cDMk9XPg381Rfh4cnY92XnF7PYRh5DvuFo65hZX18jUTNM39dCqV8-MmPElQ1NtlKrGmB25mpE2nEW-p4wLkM10sjHtwpzMtwZ39zLKqRE?width=280&height=151&cropmode=none
    Unfortunately it says "Deleted or unavailable post..." But mayby @Bananas_45 can help.

...I think there's some way to remove the mods folder and add it back in after an update, but I really have to look into that...
    I have two mod folders, two save folders and two tray folders in my user profile and I wrote a small piece of code to rename them before patching. If I play 'the normal way' with all my mods and CC those three folders are mod, save and tray and the other three are mod_default, save_default and tray_default. The 'defaults' represent a vanilla game with an original save game. Before installing the patch I start my skript and rename the 'normal' folders to mod_custom, save_custom and tray_custom and the 'defaults' to mod, save and tray. So I can always switch between the modded and the vanilla state within the same game installation.

...I'm going to look through the link @Bonxie left for me and figure out how to make myself a backup too. I would be so mad if my saved game got deleted. My lots and characters are so perfect right now...
    Best idea ever. There are so many guys showing up in the forums asking how to rescue their games. And if you ask "Have you ever made a backup copy of your game profile?" the answer is 99% "No". I frequently backup my profile (the whole folder "The Sims 4", default in "c:\users\<username>\Documents\Electronic Arts"). I went so far not only to overwrite the whole files again and again but to make some versioning to have a fallback solution.

At the same time, I will never download alpha hair or anything I think looks weird in the game...
    I love alpha hair and I really don't like the clay. Isn't she beautiful? But certainly beauty is in the eye of the beholder ;)
    y3mpKYhenEp0OjAeFkAyTda1kAWvBpdxrTaDz2w8jwSHWFSAGKWA-2qCuMdnlhhDCrrWWV1BmiW9rxxvOlTAqWMuJsV5FcQlP4XKmdPINYMm9Ne5kxIO325Q5ysb7NR2EEKmkTTi_DBZJT3pakxcjLCOWizxgM--r16FI9jh2nsk-E?width=800&height=500&cropmode=none

... I think I should start with CC by recoloring and making meshes first. I am on the creative side and love fashion, so I think that it'll be good for me. I noticed that the people with the best CC tend to use The Sims 4 Studio...
    I started trying to convert Sims3 items into Sims4. Imho it was pretty good to get a feeling for the structures. I used this tutorial to start (Link).

Post edited by Bonxie on
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top