Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• PixelPrincezzPixelPrincezz Posts: 321 Member
    Just stopped here to let you guys know I bought GTW and I'm loving it. The mod is really helpful and amazing @Deaderpool is a very nice guy who helped me through the whole process of understanding the "no abductions", etc, that the mod has; @egwarhammer was really sweet as well and I wanted to thank all of you for your time and patience with me.
    Lots of love <3<3<3
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ― Oscar Wilde
    EA ID: PixelPrincezz
    90dia7ml8p6n.jpg
  • thetinfoilgnomethetinfoilgnome Posts: 103 Member
    Hi again,

I just wanted to thank you for all of your help. At first I was thinking, "Cool, I don't need to ever take out my mods and cc," but now I think that I'll remove them before expansion pack releases. If the incessant rumors about City Life are true (do you believe the rumors?), it'll probably have to be soon. I am probably the opposite of you because I could never imagine restarting my game from scratch. I'm just way too attached to my sims. I think they'd call me a "dollhouser," if that's the word, because I create or edit every lot and sim in my world. Just wondering, if you have the no cull feature and you have a town that reaches a population of, say, 500, what will happen when you remove mc?

Please add me to your squad :) I am also an mcc convert (before I was one of those people who didn't want to taint their game with mods and cc). Funny though, being on the studious side, I always scoffed at cheerleaders. Now I am one... :D At some point, I'll actually sit down and read all 30-something pages of DP's manual. Now that I'm really into mods and stuff, I'd love to design some of my own... and take a class in Python.

--Rowlena
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Hi again,

I just wanted to thank you for all of your help. At first I was thinking, "Cool, I don't need to ever take out my mods and cc," but now I think that I'll remove them before expansion pack releases. If the incessant rumors about City Life are true (do you believe the rumors?), it'll probably have to be soon. I am probably the opposite of you because I could never imagine restarting my game from scratch. I'm just way too attached to my sims. I think they'd call me a "dollhouser," if that's the word, because I create or edit every lot and sim in my world. Just wondering, if you have the no cull feature and you have a town that reaches a population of, say, 500, what will happen when you remove mc?

Please add me to your squad :) I am also an mcc convert (before I was one of those people who didn't want to taint their game with mods and cc). Funny though, being on the studious side, I always scoffed at cheerleaders. Now I am one... :D At some point, I'll actually sit down and read all 30-something pages of DP's manual. Now that I'm really into mods and stuff, I'd love to design some of my own... and take a class in Python.

--Rowlena

i'll greet you the way eggy greeted me when i went from no mods to mods. well mc. welcome to the darkside. you will love it.
  • CatrixiahCatrixiah Posts: 78 Member
    @egwarhammer
    Thanks for all the info, I've taken notes so if I get stuck I can get it sorted :)
  • cshanercshaner Posts: 2,620 Member
    @egwarhammer just an update! With school starting again for my degree program I haven't had an opportunity to update my MCCC yet (or play the game at all for that matter) and won't until after I return from the Labor Day holiday next week (9/6/16). I'll be looking to install the new version then and will let you know how things go. Thanks again for all your help on my other thread!
    covensig800x200.jpg?w=676
    SimFluence - Where Sims Influence the Story
    Blood that Binds: A Vampire Coven Challenge Updated 04/22/2017
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
    Origin ID: cshaner07
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    @wickedangell666 @friendsfan367 @Catrixiah @cshaner THANKS! <3

Nice round of messages to log in to. :)

What degree, cshaner? Let me know when you get to MC (tyvm for the ETA info), and of course, feel free to holler if you have any issues or questions.
    Hi again,

--Rowlena

Having tossed my hat into the "helper-type" ring, I'm committed to buying whatever they drop for this game. So, I really don't spend much time speculating or caring much about what's coming, because whatever it is, I already know I'm getting it anyway. So far it's been a glut of "let's party!" stuff... :p I haven't checked out the Speculation threads, I don't know any more about City Life than what I've seen in thread titles, really. Meh. Whatever it is they drop, I'll be seeing it. B)

(This gets a little rambley... :smiley: )

GT was the coolest thing so far, IMO, except of course for the nasty relationship culling feature they stealth-added there. Clubs are sweet, though. If they want to impress ME, they'll crank out a Supernatural pack. I'm not too interested in anything else, honestly.

Speaking of "interested" though... I uploaded a copy of my save file for DP earlier, I'm having occult issues. But I thought maybe somebody here might like to see what my game (108 sims, beginning of the 2nd week) looks like, anyway, so here's the link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n84rq1rmrzk0rdw/Slot_00000006.zip?dl=0

The sim in my av is there (and her alien YF roommate), she just had twins (m/f) with Don Lothario. Terra Syrtis, babies are Danilo (from the Marion Zimmer Bradley "Darkover" series, Danilo Syrtis is a fairly central character) and Donna (Captain Obvious named her). I *might* go with Syrtis-Lothario for the twins last names, when they age up (soon as the new baby buff wears off... did you know the game waits a week to age babies up on Long? Show Sim Info told me that).

They all live in willow creek in the crick cabana subhood.

In Newcrest check out the 40x20 lot, Johnny Zest's 40x30 "trailer" in OS fits there really well. :) Lose a few shrubs. Whoopee. :wink:

What happens when you take MC out if you have a hood of >210 (or whatever the game decides to do, y'know?) is a MASSIVE cull of the overage, probably when you first load up the next time.

Things like this are why I PREACH for people to SAVE A COPY of your game file TO YOUR DESKTOP, *BEFORE* you patch or update or make any major changes.

It's on US to make sure our game files stay intact. EA has proven THEY don't have OUR best interests at heart, here. Random flirts was just the tip of that iceberg. The decay on top of that, and culling (both kinds)... backups are KEY if you intend to be in control of what happens in your game. Last time I looked, I had over 3000 actual .save files stashed. It's probably close to 4k now.

@Rowlena_Lauchenbaum a customer of mine (engineer) was REALLY surprised to find out I even knew what Python was. My nerd card got me a status increase from him, for sure! LMAO!!

Great guy, he encouraged me to find a tutorial, he mentioned something about making a light come on. <shrug> Not really what we're looking for HERE, but he made it sound pretty easy to get started. I just know how I am, I don't need another obsession to try to juggle. Playing and doing MC stuff is keeping me busy, I can't imagine trying to learn a whole new programming language, too. But that's just ME.

If you have the time and the desire, please, go for it! We're always going to need modders willing to share their work, if we're going to keep playing EA games. Jump right on in. :)

Welcome to the squad! (Check out the picture I found today for my sig.) LOL!

<3 all you guys, in a "we're in this MC thing together" way. Promise I'm not a creepy stalker... I don't have that much free TIME. Haha!
  • DenimjoDenimjo Posts: 213 Member
    My sim recently got the ability to clone a sim using the cloning machine from the scientist career. However, every time she goes to use it it appears to fail. Not like an in-game failiure, mind you, but it looks like the game tried to clone the sim and something was preventing it from completing. She stepped off the machine, her arms went straight out and to her side briefly, but then she reset and nothing happened. Could this be due to a setting that I've altered in MC Command Center?
    Zl8Iuk9.jpg
  • ShortieJ845ShortieJ845 Posts: 38 Member
    So weird thing is happening with my game. I have mc command mod. I am playing the Caliente household, actually I'm playing Dina's and Nina's grandparents, Nestor and Dulcinea, as young adults. I wanted Nestor to get abducted by aliens so he could become pregnant with Flamenco ( Dina & Nina dad) who was half alien. I got the satellite from the scientist career and put the contact aliens feature on. After days and days of trying I couldn't get Nestor abducted by aliens. I finally had to use mc command and put high alien contact and still it took a few days but then Nestor finally was abducted. I immediately put the mc command settings back to no alien abductions, but the next day my sim was abducted again, and then again the following day. I Shut off the game and turned it back on to play another household and the male in that household was abducted as well twice and his wife also. Played another household today and the male got abducted as well. I've played 3 different households on 3 different days and I now have satellites on each lot preventing alien abductions. shouldn't the fact that I have selected the no alien contact settings on mc command be enough to prevent abductions? Or do I need to just have a satellite on every household to prevent abductions?
    Shouldn't the fact that I have selected the no alien contact settings on mc command be enough to prevent abductions? Or do I need to just have a satellite on every household to prevent abductions?

Did you restart the game after you changed the settings back to No Alien Contact? I know I get a pop up that tells me I have to do that before the changes take effect.
    Zl8Iuk9.jpg
  • evacarin71evacarin71 Posts: 18 Member
    When using the Nraas mod in TS3 I ended up with NO single sims in my game. My sims had no one to date and my sim girl had to break up a marriage in order to get herself a man. So because of this I'm hesitant to install the MC command center in my game. I still want to have single sims in my game.

I would also like to know what to do if I don't want to use the mod anymore. Do I just take all the files out and everything is fine - or does it mess up the game when those files disappear?
    evacarin71 wrote: »
    When using the Nraas mod in TS3 I ended up with NO single sims in my game. My sims had no one to date and my sim girl had to break up a marriage in order to get herself a man. So because of this I'm hesitant to install the MC command center in my game. I still want to have single sims in my game.

I would also like to know what to do if I don't want to use the mod anymore. Do I just take all the files out and everything is fine - or does it mess up the game when those files disappear?

Easiest thing is to check out this post from Deaderpool back on page 86, someone else recently had similar questions. Also read Bonxie's response right before this one, very insightful way to look at it! :)

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15140582/#Comment_15140582
    Denimjo wrote: »
    My sim recently got the ability to clone a sim using the cloning machine from the scientist career. However, every time she goes to use it it appears to fail. Not like an in-game failiure, mind you, but it looks like the game tried to clone the sim and something was preventing it from completing. She stepped off the machine, her arms went straight out and to her side briefly, but then she reset and nothing happened. Could this be due to a setting that I've altered in MC Command Center?

I'm not sure. If that reset T-pose thing happened, there's probably a LastException file in your /Sims4 folder. If it isn't huge, could you copy/paste it into either a post or PM for me?

If it's too big, you could upload it... if you can't post the link, make it start with ht.tp and that'll fix that issue. I can fix the link from there to get to it.

I had a couple of those come up day before yesterday, at the Police Station. Apparently, "Introduction" interactions are not to be directed at the convicts from the cell... I had one out at the booking station, doing mugshots etc, tried "Cheerful Introduction" twice, and got a LastException both times. Meh.

There have been some cloning issues, but I'm not sure if it's game or mod. It hasn't come up lately in MC's thread.

If you have any errors in your MC log, I'm interested in those, too.

So weird thing is happening with my game. I have mc command mod. I am playing the Caliente household, actually I'm playing Dina's and Nina's grandparents, Nestor and Dulcinea, as young adults. I wanted Nestor to get abducted by aliens so he could become pregnant with Flamenco ( Dina & Nina dad) who was half alien. I got the satellite from the scientist career and put the contact aliens feature on. After days and days of trying I couldn't get Nestor abducted by aliens. I finally had to use mc command and put high alien contact and still it took a few days but then Nestor finally was abducted. I immediately put the mc command settings back to no alien abductions, but the next day my sim was abducted again, and then again the following day. I Shut off the game and turned it back on to play another household and the male in that household was abducted as well twice and his wife also. Played another household today and the male got abducted as well. I've played 3 different households on 3 different days and I now have satellites on each lot preventing alien abductions. shouldn't the fact that I have selected the no alien contact settings on mc command be enough to prevent abductions? Or do I need to just have a satellite on every household to prevent abductions?

If you want to go back and browse pages 84-85 there's some talk about this. Long story short, you DO need the dish to turn off abductions. @Ulfric_Grimbrand knows more than I do about it.
    Thanks! But I wasn't able to find anything about the "single situation". Are there any singles still left in your towns when using the mod?
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,695 Member
    edited September 2016
    Thanks! But I wasn't able to find anything about the "single situation". Are there any singles still left in your towns when using the mod?

Check this setting in the "Tuner"-Section:

"Tuner_AutoMarriage": false,

I play now for over 1 year with MC activated and I have (intentionally) lots of single sims in the game.

...I would also like to know what to do if I don't want to use the mod anymore. Do I just take all the files out and everything is fine - or does it mess up the game when those files disappear?

There will be no problems after removing the mod. Don't worry.

And it's always a good idea to make a backup of your game files, even with out any special reasons.

Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
    Bonxie wrote: »

Check this setting in the "Tuner"-Section:

"Tuner_AutoMarriage": false,

I play now for over 1 year with MC activated and I have (intentionally) lots of single sims in the game.

Do they not get engaged/boyfriend/girlfriend either? Or have children?
  • Ulfric_GrimbrandUlfric_Grimbrand Posts: 681 Member

If you want to go back and browse pages 84-85 there's some talk about this. Long story short, you DO need the dish to turn off abductions. @Ulfric_Grimbrand knows more than I do about it.

I don't normally do rotational play, but I do recall that even with no abductions settings in MCCC, you still have to use the dish each gaming session. But I don't know if that applies to all households in rotational play. Might want to ask DP about this one.
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,695 Member
    Do they not get engaged/boyfriend/girlfriend either? Or have children?

Sorry, I got you wrong. With "single" I meant "not married".

My Sims are very flirty. But no children in unplayed households also due to MC settings.
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.

I'm not sure. If that reset T-pose thing happened, there's probably a LastException file in your /Sims4 folder. If it isn't huge, could you copy/paste it into either a post or PM for me?

If it's too big, you could upload it... if you can't post the link, make it start with ht.tp and that'll fix that issue. I can fix the link from there to get to it.

I had a couple of those come up day before yesterday, at the Police Station. Apparently, "Introduction" interactions are not to be directed at the convicts from the cell... I had one out at the booking station, doing mugshots etc, tried "Cheerful Introduction" twice, and got a LastException both times. Meh.

There have been some cloning issues, but I'm not sure if it's game or mod. It hasn't come up lately in MC's thread.

I'm not sure where to find the MC log, but here's the lastException file:
    ht.tp://www.4shared.com/office/rIPNbENZba/lastException.html
    Zl8Iuk9.jpg

I'm not sure where to find the MC log, but here's the lastException file:
    http://www.4shared.com/office/rIPNbENZba/lastException.html

Fixed link, but...

I am not liking 4shared AT ALL. Been trying since I got up to get this file. I'd never heard of this place till today. Not impressed, they don't make it easy. >.<

I hate to be a pain in the rear, but, would you possibly be able to put it either on dropbox or mediafire instead for me? Dropbox is probably easier, but Mediafire has more bells & whistles, between those two, I really don't care which you pick. :)

I just can't get 4shared to do anything for me. Could be HERE, Windows 10 dropped a 2-hour UPDATE!! on me today. Things aren't like they were before that, even in my hotbar. Fun evening finding all my stuff, I guess.

I'd love to see the file, but not if it's going to take forever to get to it. Plan B would be awesome. ;)
    Oh, and the log is in /Sims4/MC/mc_cmd_center.log (text file). It may not be there between game loads, if you don't have it set to enabled and append in settings.

If you window out while playing and look, you should see one. Generally when it starts, the first line will say "Initializing Alarms". If you don't have it set to append, it refreshes between game loads.
    Here's an updated link:
    ht.tps://www.dropbox.com/s/0a7py1hqdokzbes/lastException.txt?dl=0

And here is the entirety of the MC log:
    [09/02/16 03:55:43]The dresser configuration file, C:\Users\[name]\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\mc_dresser.cfg, is not found. (This is normal until changes are made to MC Dresser)

Zl8Iuk9.jpg
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    I was wondering if anyone is getting any stuttering in their game? I have culling turned off but my worlds never get full due to the fact I usually cull off Sims myself now and then.

What happens is I am playing along and my Sim is on her way to the fridge for example, then suddenly the game freezes for a second and she is now at the fridge but it is sudden like she ported there. It is like time stops for just a second. Happens all during game play.

Is this a bug or because I have culling turned off? Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this at all?
    Yes, I get that occasionally too.
    Zl8Iuk9.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top