Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Reading Circles - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    @CathyTea Thank you for updating the list! :D

You're welcome!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Hey! I was thinking about starting a Legacy reading circle for those who enjoy writing and reading legacy challenges like myself. I didn't see one already and was wondering if there's room for another circle and if there would be enough interest.

@pixelatedKar That sounds like a wonderful idea. I've been working on my legacy - a traitacy - although not entirely following every single rule. I was thinking about asking if others wanted to read it, but I'm already in 2 groups with my main story. I just wouldn't mind a little attention for my traitacy... although I don't want to take up space.

Do I want to do 3? ;)

All genre of Sims are welcome! We would love to have you join the circle :smiley:

@pixelatedKar I'd be willing to join the Legacy circle, but if others want to, I can bow out so I don't take up space (since I'm already in 2 others). I am in a busy season of life right now so I can promise to read weekly, but I probably won't get caught up too quickly. I'm still in Gen 1 of my traitacy.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    pixelatedKarpixelatedKar Posts: 382 Member
    swcheppes wrote: »
    I'd also be interested in joining the legacy reading circle :) I'm currently in my 4th generation of my Disney Legacy.

We'd love you have you! I've got a thread created (still working on adding stuff as I haven't made it to a computer yet). If you wanted to head over there a let me know the legacy story you'd like added with a link to I can add it to the page tonight.

@Thymeless @AkramA Would you both be able to post the legacy and the link to it on the thread I can add it to the page when I'm on the computer later tonight. Will be adding the rest of the information on there since I'm having a hard time doing it on my phone.
    Legacy Central - Reading Circle | The Blount Legacy | One Hundred Gnome's
    ORIGIN ID: pixelatedK
  • Options
    Hey! I was thinking about starting a Legacy reading circle for those who enjoy writing and reading legacy challenges like myself. I didn't see one already and was wondering if there's room for another circle and if there would be enough interest.

@pixelatedKar That sounds like a wonderful idea. I've been working on my legacy - a traitacy - although not entirely following every single rule. I was thinking about asking if others wanted to read it, but I'm already in 2 groups with my main story. I just wouldn't mind a little attention for my traitacy... although I don't want to take up space.

Do I want to do 3? ;)

All genre of Sims are welcome! We would love to have you join the circle :smiley:

@pixelatedKar I'd be willing to join the Legacy circle, but if others want to, I can bow out so I don't take up space (since I'm already in 2 others). I am in a busy season of life right now so I can promise to read weekly, but I probably won't get caught up too quickly. I'm still in Gen 1 of my traitacy.

That's alright, we'll add you to the list. I defiantly understand about the busy season of life, I'm in the same boat. I've got a few ideas for the circle as it seems most people are very busy at the moment but I'll post more on the thread tonight where we can all discuss it.
  • Options

Do I want to do 3? ;)

That's alright, we'll add you to the list. I defiantly understand about the busy season of life, I'm in the same boat. I've got a few ideas for the circle as it seems most people are very busy at the moment but I'll post more on the thread tonight where we can all discuss it.

@pixelatedKar Awesome! Thanks. What's the link to the thread? I couldn't find it on the first page.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    ThymelessThymeless Posts: 1,184 Member
    signature-gen-3.jpg
    Sci-fi/Fantasy Lover | Taurus
    House: Hufflepuff/Pukwudgie
    The Centauri Legacy | Can You Hear the Violins? | Drifting with Nifflers
    Reading Circles: Reader's Nook
  • Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    edited August 2016
    @CathyTea UPDATE: We have a new member! :D@melodicmolly has joined the circle!

EDIT: We now have 8 members. :)
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    @CathyTea UPDATE: We have a new member! :D@melodicmolly has joined the circle!

EDIT: We now have 8 members. :)

Yay! I've got her added!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    cecerose0208cecerose0208 Posts: 1,521 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Hi, Circlers! :) (Or would that be Circlists?)

A few weeks ago @cecerose0208 suggested that we have Reading Circle reports to find out how it's going with all the Reading Circles... this got me thinking that it might be fun if once a month or so we could have a Reading Circle Roundup!

I love the focus that Reading Circles provide. At the same time, I'm noticing that I'm missing out on some of the updates of stories by folks who are in different circles than me. So, Roundups would give us a chance to hear from everybody!

In your Roundup, please let us know what stories are being read in your circle (with links if possible!) and maybe a brief overview of the story.

I'm tagging all of the people who are in the No. 1 spot on their Circle. If you'd like, please let us know what's going on in your circle, or ask someone in your circle to provide a Roundup!

@swcheppes @Rainydayz179 @pronterus @InfraGreen @cecerose0208 @MedleyMisty @equuest @totalRainbow @xJojox @iiimee @Twiggy

Sooo.... I'm just now seeing this. I'm trying to catch up on stuff I've been missing on the forums over the summer. Hopefully as I continue to read through the posts, I'll see more about this idea blossoming,
  • Options
    cecerose0208cecerose0208 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Okay, I'm all caught up!! It's been so great to read about all the new circles started. I definitely have some I'm going to be lurking in and around...

@CathyTea I wanted to let you know about a change to our circle Familiar & Fresh. @aroseinbloom is going to be leaving us, and @ThePlumbob will be joining us. Please update page 1.
  • Options
    Okay, I'm all caught up!! It's been so great to read about all the new circles started. I definitely have some I'm going to be lurking in and around...

@CathyTea I wanted to let you know about a change to our circle Familiar & Fresh. @aroseinbloom is going to be leaving us, and @ThePlumbob will be joining us. Please update page 1.

Got it! Welcome to the Fresh Ones, @ThePlumbob ! :)

• Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    @CathyTea Another update: @BabyDollAnne has been temporarily removed. Should she come back with another new story, then she will be welcome back. :)
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    @CathyTea Another update: @BabyDollAnne has been temporarily removed. Should she come back with another new story, then she will be welcome back. :)

Ok! Got it! :)

• Options
    xJojoxxJojox Posts: 6,878 Member
    edited August 2016
    Gday readers!

My reading circle is Willingly Writing :)

Our leader is @AdamsEve1231

My Story is Fine Lines!

**Alternatively You Can Find It When You Click It On My Siggy Picture**
  • Options
    ThymelessThymeless Posts: 1,184 Member
    Please could @vickiesims be removed from the Reader's Nook list? I think the request @sweetnightingale made got buried earlier on =p
    signature-gen-3.jpg
    Sci-fi/Fantasy Lover | Taurus
    House: Hufflepuff/Pukwudgie
    The Centauri Legacy | Can You Hear the Violins? | Drifting with Nifflers
    Reading Circles: Reader's Nook
  • Options
    TheoriesOfHappinessTheoriesOfHappiness Posts: 1,126 Member
    well, since so many people seem kinda on the fence or their story's main focus isn't the LGBTQ side, i'll hold off on creating a circle specifically for it!

also @CathyTea we made a logo for Weather the Storm! :)
    125ntbo.jpg

Awesome logo! You know, Theories, it was sounding to me like there was lots of interest in the LGBTQ thread... especially if you want to expand to LGBTQQA+ ... You might want to go ahead and create the thread and talk about it in the lounge and on your own thread, and give it a week or so. I bet you'll get four or five, and that's really all you need to have a vibrant circle! :)

glad you like it!
    and LGBTQ would cover the whole community, but adding every letter would make it a paragraph rather than an abbreviation hahah.
    the main issue was only two people truly expressed the ability to join with stories that fit the group.
    i may go ahead and end up making it, anyway, but right now since i'm in the throws of MRI testing and many stories, i'll wanna wait to know i'll have at least a handful of dedicated readers with LGBTQ focused stories.
  • Options

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    TwiggyTwiggy Posts: 995 Member
    Hi, Circlers! :) (Or would that be Circlists?)

A few weeks ago @cecerose0208 suggested that we have Reading Circle reports to find out how it's going with all the Reading Circles... this got me thinking that it might be fun if once a month or so we could have a Reading Circle Roundup!

I love the focus that Reading Circles provide. At the same time, I'm noticing that I'm missing out on some of the updates of stories by folks who are in different circles than me. So, Roundups would give us a chance to hear from everybody!

In your Roundup, please let us know what stories are being read in your circle (with links if possible!) and maybe a brief overview of the story.

I'm tagging all of the people who are in the No. 1 spot on their Circle. If you'd like, please let us know what's going on in your circle, or ask someone in your circle to provide a Roundup!

@swcheppes @Rainydayz179 @pronterus @InfraGreen @cecerose0208 @MedleyMisty @equuest @totalRainbow @xJojox @iiimee @Twiggy

Sooo.... I'm just now seeing this. I'm trying to catch up on stuff I've been missing on the forums over the summer. Hopefully, as I continue to read through the posts, I'll see more about this idea blossoming,

I don't mind doing this on a monthly base. For now, I'll drop our reading schedule here for anyone interested. It's in the spoiler to prevend clogging this page lol It shows what our circle has been up to in the previous weeks but also the chapters to focus on for the coming discussion this weekend. Naturally, everyone is welcome to visit and share their thoughts there. :)

Weekly Reading Roundabout

The roundabout is open to all traffic! :smiley: Each week, beginning on Monday, we read a selection of SimLit. That way we catch up on the stories submitted here. We invite all members and visitors alike to chime in on our discussions in the weekends. Comments on and responses to the readings are encouraged and naturally welcomed daily, and every Saturday is "Coffee Hour" all day long where we have the opportunity to come together for more focused discussions.

With credit going to @mastressalita the schedule below is the set up for our Weekly Reading Roundabout that splits the stories up and rotates them. This way members and visitors have the opportunity to get caught up on this circle's stories and discuss the developments weekly according to this schedule...

Week 1 July 4 - July 10: Blackmoore Legacy Gen 1 Ch. 1-25
    Week 2 July 11 - July 17: Monstrous Mezilkree Ch. 1-10
    Week 3 July 18 - July 24: Insane Asylum Challenge Ch. 1-13
    Week 4 July 25 - July 31: Cat Chronicles Ch. 1-15
    Week 5 August 1 - August 7: If It Doesn't Kill Us It Makes Us Stronger Ch. 1-10
    Week 6 August 8 - August 14: As Tears Go By Ch. 0-9
    Week 7 August 15 - August 21: Blackmoore Legacy Gen 1 Ch. 26-50
    Week 8 August 22 - August 28: Monstrous Mezilkree Ch. 11-20
    Week 9 August 29 - September 4: Snow White After the Asylum Ch. 1-11
    Week 10 September 5 - September 11: Cat Chronicles Ch. 15-30
    Week 11 September 12 - September 18: If It Doesn't Kill Us It Makes Us Stronger Ch. 11-20
    Week 12 September 19 - September 25: Blackmoore Legacy Gen 2 Ch. 1-20
    Week 13 September 26 - October 2: Monstrous Mezilkree Ch. 21-30
    Week 14 October 3 - October 9: Snow White and Prince Redux Ch. 1-17
    Week 15 October 10 - October 16: Cat Chronicles Ch. 31-36 (plus "The Stray" and "Remembering Earl" short stories)
    Week 16 October 17 - October 23: Blackmoore Legacy Gen 2 Ch. 21-40

To all visitors: You are welcome to join at any time--don't worry if you've missed the past week's readings, just jump in where we are!

This week's Roundabout we'll be focusing on @cuddles5427 first ten chapters of the Sims 4 version of If It doesn't Kill Us. We follow the male protagonist as a child when he meets a very special person in his life, Robyn. But trouble lies ahead. Can the friendship between the young sims withstand the hardships in their futures? Go ahead, start reading and share your thoughts on the selected chapters of this story with us this coming weekend! :smile:
  • Options
    mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    Your local librarian would like to wish you all...
    wpid-wp-1439103966977.jpeg
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • Options
    totalRainbowtotalRainbow Posts: 425 Member
    @pixelatedKar would you mind if I joined into the Legacy Central circle with my Build Newcrest Legacy Challenge? The New In Town Circle has been slow reading for a while now, as you know. We're all busy this time of year, it seems. But I would love some new legacies to read and follow in another group! :)
    # BuildNewcrest Legacy Challenge : Rosenburg
    Forum Thread | Blog
  • Options
    @pixelatedKar would you mind if I joined into the Legacy Central circle with my Build Newcrest Legacy Challenge? The New In Town Circle has been slow reading for a while now, as you know. We're all busy this time of year, it seems. But I would love some new legacies to read and follow in another group! :)

We'd love to have you! Yeah I understand, we'll be starting a reading schedule soon with a light load as everyone is busy this summer.
  • Options
    totalRainbowtotalRainbow Posts: 425 Member

We'd love to have you! Yeah I understand, we'll be starting a reading schedule soon with a light load as everyone is busy this summer.

Sounds great, thanks so much! I'll go introduce myself. :)
    # BuildNewcrest Legacy Challenge : Rosenburg
    Forum Thread | Blog
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Hi @CathyTea , The Legacy Central circle is now full. Here is an updated list of all 8 members :smiley:

pixelatedKar
    @Thymeless
    @AkramA
    @vxt18
    @AdamsEve1231
    @swcheppes (If you see this, please head on over to the forum to add your story please)
    @totalRainbow
    @DreamsInPixels
  • Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    @pixelatedKar I'm part of the legacy circle :o No one told if I was or not lol.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    @pixelatedKar I'm part of the legacy circle :o No one told if I was or not lol.

I've been absent the last few days with work and such but I commented back on your post on the Legacy Central thread that we'd love you have you join our circle.