Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Reading Circles - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    ThymelessThymeless Posts: 1,184 Member
    @CathyTea I might use the no culling aspect then. Thank you :) It is the only part I want to be honest =p
    signature-gen-3.jpg
    Sci-fi/Fantasy Lover | Taurus
    House: Hufflepuff/Pukwudgie
    The Centauri Legacy | Can You Hear the Violins? | Drifting with Nifflers
    Reading Circles: Reader's Nook
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Thymeless wrote: »
    @CathyTea I might use the no culling aspect then. Thank you :) It is the only part I want to be honest =p

It's so worth it! You can really use all features of the game without worrying about spawning Townies or losing the awesome Townies who are created.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    This is interesting! I was wondering on the forum and found so many of these amazing stuff.
    I'd definitely join one if there's one open. Encouragement would definitely be wonderful, since I was back I still got the "strange to be back" feeling, there's lots of new people, lots of people I knew, and lots of people that I think I knew but have different profile picture so I kind of doubt I knew them, hehe.
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • Options
    TheoriesOfHappinessTheoriesOfHappiness Posts: 1,126 Member
    edited August 2016
    would anyone be interested in a circle that focuses on LGBTQ stories? :)
    not like... stories with a side character who happens to be gay, but stories where someone in the community is the focus? such as a female only, or male only, or agender only relationship? polyamory? struggling with queerness?
    Post edited by TheoriesOfHappiness on
  • Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    not like... stories with a side character who happens to be gay, but stories where someone in the community is the focus? such as a female only, or male only, or agender only relationship? polyamory? struggling with queerness?
    I have a story that fits under that, and I would definitely join if you made it.
  • Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member

My legacy story would fit the bill in generations 5 and 9, but I guess that's only a small fraction of the legacy overall, so might not be what you'd looking for. I'd definitely lurk in the thread if you do start that circle though!
  • Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    edited August 2016

I'm not sure if my story would fit, but I'd be interested in joining if it does fit.
    It's a collection of short stories, and 2 of the focal characters are gay(and married), and when the POV isn't one of them, they're usually lingering in the back somewhere unless it's a chapter from the POV of their oldest daughter and she's out on the town with her friends.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member

I have an idea to write one story about a girl who feels that she is forced to live not in her own body. Since the young days she wanted to be a boy... But when I'll write it I don't know :( I'm very busy nowadays and I'm working on my three stories. So... Maybe someday :)
  • Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    @TheoriesOfHappiness I actually planned on starting a short story that involved LGBTQ, specifically G. :) However, it would also revolve around gang violence, so... However, I've been trying to start that short story for well over a month now, so.... If I ever do get that story up, then maybe I'll join! :)
    @AkramA If you're story has been started in the last 30 days or will be started in the next 7, then we at the Wolf Den would welcome you! :)
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    TheoriesOfHappinessTheoriesOfHappiness Posts: 1,126 Member
    well, since so many people seem kinda on the fence or their story's main focus isn't the LGBTQ side, i'll hold off on creating a circle specifically for it!

also @CathyTea we made a logo for Weather the Storm! :)
    125ntbo.jpg
  • Options
    well, since so many people seem kinda on the fence or their story's main focus isn't the LGBTQ side, i'll hold off on creating a circle specifically for it!

also @CathyTea we made a logo for Weather the Storm! :)
    125ntbo.jpg

Awesome logo! You know, Theories, it was sounding to me like there was lots of interest in the LGBTQ thread... especially if you want to expand to LGBTQQA+ ... You might want to go ahead and create the thread and talk about it in the lounge and on your own thread, and give it a week or so. I bet you'll get four or five, and that's really all you need to have a vibrant circle! :)

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    AkramA wrote: »
    This is interesting! I was wondering on the forum and found so many of these amazing stuff.
    I'd definitely join one if there's one open. Encouragement would definitely be wonderful, since I was back I still got the "strange to be back" feeling, there's lots of new people, lots of people I knew, and lots of people that I think I knew but have different profile picture so I kind of doubt I knew them, hehe.

Hi, @AkramA :) I suggest checking out the first page of this thread--I'm pretty sure that we still have a few circles with openings, and if you don't see one you want to join, let me know, and you can always create a new one!

A few other suggestions to help folks become reacquainted with you and to help you meet the new movers and shakers of the SimLit world...

1) Check out the Book Club! Right now, we're reading really long works, but in about three or four weeks, we'll be reading some neat newer stories! Participating in our Coffee Hour conversations is a great way to get to know folks. And maybe we can read your legacy or newer stories in Book Club later this fall!

2) Check out @Carewren123 Short Story Challenge! Reading everyone's submissions each month is a great way to see who's writing what, and maybe you'll feel like participating in August! :) Oh! It's August now! LOL!

3) Keep on stopping by the Writers' Lounge now and then. There's no need to keep up with all the posts--there's just too many to read for a lot of us, me included! But swinging by each day and chatting a little bit will help the newer lounge folks get to know you!

:)

I'm really glad you're back.

• Options
    mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    @AkramA : Usually I have to point folks to the Stories and Legacies Index, the large SimLit index that I host here on the forums, but you found it all on your own! Nice! ^_^

(There are, however, still a lot of folks in Reading Circles that haven't added their stories over there, and I've of course love to see you drop by and submit your works... this month will be the one year anniversary of the Stories and Legacies Index! ...And also my one year anniversary on these forums, hahaha!)
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • Options
    @CathyTea
    I guess you might as well take @vickiesims off the list for The Reader's Nook. She just made the one initial post and never gave us a link to her story. It's been several weeks so I'm just going to assume she won't be participating. If she comes back and decides to, we can always add her back in. However, at this point, it's best if we clear that spot for someone who will wish to be an active participant. So, with that, I think we can add one more person. If we get one more, that'll be a full house for us and we're all set. :)

I just noticed that vickiesims was still on the list on the main page, so we actually have an opening :) I hope it's ok for me to boost this

signature-gen-3.jpg
  • Options
    @SilentWolf101 I think Castellon Legacy started just week ago so I'd love to join please. (Go to the thread immediately)

@CathyTea That's super helpful thank you! Yeah I'll check all the suggestion, I'm definitely glad to be back.

@mastressalita I saw the gateway in the sims 4 stories and legacies and see how organised it is and would love one of my story to be listed in. It's just very helpful, thanks to the thread I was easily able to manage my reading routine thingy.
  • Options
    sweetnightingalesweetnightingale Posts: 2,084 Member
    @Thymeless - Yes, thank you for boosting that. I haven't heard from @vickiesims since the first initial message so I'm assuming she isn't interested anymore. That means we do have an opening, so if anyone wants to join, do let us know. :)

I hope everyone is having a great week. Me, I have some major catching up to do with my reading. I just got through all the short stories for the Monthly Short Stories Challenge and now have lots of reading to do for the circles I'm in. I hope you all are doing well and keeping cool as much as possible.
    36314395402_b6f8316264_z.jpg]
    Simming With Sweet Nightingale.Forever in Time, Short Stories, and much more
  • Options
    pixelatedKarpixelatedKar Posts: 382 Member
    Hey! I was thinking about starting a Legacy reading circle for those who enjoy writing and reading legacy challenges like myself. I didn't see one already and was wondering if there's room for another circle and if there would be enough interest.
    Legacy Central - Reading Circle | The Blount Legacy | One Hundred Gnome's
    ORIGIN ID: pixelatedK
  • Options
    Hey! I was thinking about starting a Legacy reading circle for those who enjoy writing and reading legacy challenges like myself. I didn't see one already and was wondering if there's room for another circle and if there would be enough interest.

I think I'm interested. Legacy challenge is just so much fun to write and read. There's plenty too!
  • Options
    @pixelatedKar I'd be interested :) I'm only in second generation with mine, but I love reading them.
    signature-gen-3.jpg
  • Options
    I'll add a circle to the first page for legacies, and add you three to it! What name would you like your circle to have, and how many total members would you have room for? Let me know when you have your Circle Thread made, and I'll link to it!

• Options
    CathyTea wrote: »
    I'll add a circle to the first page for legacies, and add you three to it! What name would you like your circle to have, and how many total members would you have room for? Let me know when you have your Circle Thread made, and I'll link to it!

Currently it's just called Legacy Central, going to brainstorm names later, currently at work lol

Here's the link: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/896068/legacy-central-reading-cirle/p1

I think currently 8 spots available at the moment would be good to start. Once I finish work and get home I can add more to the thread I created.
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    edited August 2016

@pixelatedKar That sounds like a wonderful idea. I've been working on my legacy - a traitacy - although not entirely following every single rule. I was thinking about asking if others wanted to read it, but I'm already in 2 groups with my main story. I just wouldn't mind a little attention for my traitacy... although I don't want to take up space.

Do I want to do 3? ;)
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options

@pixelatedKar That sounds like a wonderful idea. I've been working on my legacy - a traitacy - although not entirely following every single rule. I was thinking about asking if others wanted to read it, but I'm already in 2 groups with my main story. I just wouldn't mind a little attention for my traitacy... although I don't want to take up space.

Do I want to do 3? ;)

All genre of Sims are welcome! We would love to have you join the circle :smiley:
  • Options
    swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    I'd also be interested in joining the legacy reading circle :) I'm currently in my 4th generation of my Disney Legacy.
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    @CathyTea Thank you for updating the list! :D
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges