Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Reading Circles - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Tad , right , @RipuAncestor ?

If we're mentioning Sims from the Art Commune Circle, I'd have to add Novak Sanguine from Chrysanthemum Tango. I particularly like this picture @RipuAncestor https://i0.wp.com/i.imgur.com/646QlGL.jpg

And I'd have to add Alec your Thirty Sims, @CathyTea.

And we can't forget Han from @JLBDreamer's The Last 100 Years.

:)

Ok... and what about Noel, right @friendsfan367 ? I've always had a thing for Gage, @AdamsEve1231
    though the crush-factor, for me, takes a serious nose-dive when I read about how much he drinks! I guess if I were a TS2 Sim, one of my turn-offs would be drinking... which is actually kind of ironic, considering how much I love @InfraGreen 's Harwood... hmmm.....

And we'll totally need to add Harwood. Seriously! I do like Novak. He's not my type (Tad is! LOL! skinny, a little out-there... rather infinite... you know, god-like! ), but Novak is really amazing and really interesting...

And I adore @rednenemon 's Sinbad, through and through...

I also love @MadameLee 's David--he's got the most amazing personality combined with Landgraab genes...

Alec from Thirty Sims is funny--he makes me laugh. I don't think I've played a chapter yet where he hasn't showed up, asking for the lime-light! I've got a Sim coming up in chapter 28 or so, Nash Downing, whom I find completely gorgeous...

EDIT: Oh, yes! The Gumiho from @JLBDreamer 's Korean drama. Wow. He's one of those beautiful Sims, like Elder Wolff, that I can only take fleeting glances at! Retina-burn!

I read that, and I am now flattered. :blush:
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,767 Member
    Tad , right , @RipuAncestor ?

I also love @MadameLee 's David--he's got the most amazing personality combined with Landgraab genes...
    !

I'm right here.

As for a sim crush-I don't really know-I go for both dark hair (ie black hair ie Eric, or I go dark-skin like Naveen)-I have to say Stefan-mostly @CitizenErased14 seems to be getting a lot of crush-awards. Tony would be my second choice
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    JLBDreamerJLBDreamer Posts: 622 Member
    @RipuAncestor @CathyTea @AdamsEve1231 I get home and have all this talk about wanting my Sims for a calendar? I'm flattered! Just let me know.

Of course, if you wish to have Han then you'd have to let me know which form human or Gumiho (Korean Fox Spirit). lol.

Sims 3 is acting up for me but if wanted once I get it working I could provide some of Vlad too.
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    JLBDreamer wrote: »
    @RipuAncestor @CathyTea @AdamsEve1231 I get home and have all this talk about wanting my Sims for a calendar? I'm flattered! Just let me know.

Of course, if you wish to have Han then you'd have to let me know which form human or Gumiho (Korean Fox Spirit). lol.

Sims 3 is acting up for me but if wanted once I get it working I could provide some of Vlad too.

@JLBDreamer Han is hot in both forms.

With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

Oh... wow! We can move this over to our Circle thread... A Vlad and a Han spread (or two Han? One for each form?) sounds cool!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited July 2016
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    I guess Annette posing shirtless would be too controversial. :p
    Well, we've seen her shirtless in the story plenty of times so it'd be nothing shocking. The forum censors might not like it, though. :D

I also have to add that Annette is gorgeous. She has one of those amazing smiles. And her hair is so pretty.
    And also, the Twelve Months of Tad perennial calendar would be fun, too! I want October to be a close-up of his face so we can see his veins on his temples...
    Ohmygosh, veins are so beautiful! I actually realised Supernatural added the possibility of those facial veins while I was making some of the last changes to Tad. Good times.

Okay, but yes, maybe we should move to talk about this in the Art Commune thread. :)
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    ThymelessThymeless Posts: 1,184 Member
    Is it bad to have a crush on one of my own sims? Because Callie from my short story is totally my type~
    ss-july16-sc14.jpg?w=840
    Though having peeked at @CitizenErased14 's Clara just then, she is gorgeous.
    signature-gen-3.jpg
    Sci-fi/Fantasy Lover | Taurus
    House: Hufflepuff/Pukwudgie
    The Centauri Legacy | Can You Hear the Violins? | Drifting with Nifflers
    Reading Circles: Reader's Nook
  • Options
    @Thymeless No its not bad I've had a crush of sorts on a few and I currently adore my Han much in the same way @AdamsEve1231 @CathyTea and @RipuAncestor do. I've ended up taking way more pictures of him than necessary thinking "I did a good job on him he's so pretty". lol.

For those of you who haven't seen Hanuel Cho the Gumiho from my story the Last Hundred years here's a few extra or you can look at the pics in the two post so far. lol.

This is how he looks in human form.

BRKA0Lj.png

This is my favorite one I've snapped of him in Gumiho form Han Bok dress so far.

tumblr_o8jcdyzSzs1vn7ylco1_1280.png

Here he is shirtless since that seems to be the theme. lol

vKkuReX.png

T6cHCKX.png

As far as sim crushes on other people's sims go in stories here I have to say I adore @CitizenErased14 Lucas. lol

• Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    edited July 2016
    Thanks @Thymeless !!! Clara inherited some nice genes :smiley:

And @JLBDreamer you are the best for your Lucas love hehe. That beard :heart: He will always be my #1 haha

Lest we forget...
    09-22-15_9-09c2a0pm-2.png?w=1280&h=720

Okay, sorry. I have Lucas issues :lol: Carry on :tongue:

(Btw, Josh from @JoieWilder 's Thoreau Legacy is my pick for a crush on someone else's story hehe He is so handsome but I also love his personality. He is a complex and interesting character, with both a hot temper and a heart of gold :lol: It's awesome :blush:)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    As far as sim crushes on other people's sims go in stories here I have to say I adore @CitizenErased14 Lucas. lol

Oh Lucas! Yes, how could I forget him? I do think @CitizenErased14's Lucas is pretty adorable.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Thanks @Thymeless !!! Clara inherited some nice genes :smiley:

And @JLBDreamer you are the best for your Lucas love hehe. That beard :heart: He will always be my #1 haha

Lest we forget...
    09-22-15_9-09c2a0pm-2.png?w=1280&h=720

Okay, sorry. I have Lucas issues :lol: Carry on :tongue:

(Btw, Josh from @JoieWilder 's Thoreau Legacy is my pick for a crush on someone else's story hehe He is so handsome but I also love his personality. He is a complex and interesting character, with both a hot temper and a heart of gold :lol: It's awesome :blush:)

I'm a sucker for beards. <3

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    @CitizenErased14 Yep I still love Lucas. Your other characters I've enjoyed in Ashes to Ashes but I just haven't grown to love any as much as him! I'll take him with or without a beard but he does look incredibly hot in one. lol.

I do have to say I'm really loving Josh in @JoieWilder Thearus too.

This post reminds me I must binge more of your guys latest chapters.
  • Options
    mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    @CathyTea : @ValoisFulcanelli has joined Weathering the Storm. ^_^
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • Options
    @CathyTea : @ValoisFulcanelli has joined Weathering the Storm. ^_^

That's great, Alita! I've just added her! You've got a super circle there!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    TheoriesOfHappinessTheoriesOfHappiness Posts: 1,126 Member
    @CathyTea
    JoieWilder has joined Weather the Storm, as well, and I have closed the circle currently; so no new members. don't want anyone to feel overwhelmed playing catch up on stories. :)
  • Options
    @CathyTea
    JoieWilder has joined Weather the Storm, as well, and I have closed the circle currently; so no new members. don't want anyone to feel overwhelmed playing catch up on stories. :)

All right! I've got her added! You've got a great circle! :)

• Options
    I was wondering, do any of you who do your legacies in the sims 4 use a story progression mod? I'm considering it, but I've not used mods before and I was wondering if it was a good idea. Thank you :)
    signature-gen-3.jpg
  • Options
    Thymeless wrote: »
    I was wondering, do any of you who do your legacies in the sims 4 use a story progression mod? I'm considering it, but I've not used mods before and I was wondering if it was a good idea. Thank you :)

I didn't use any mods when I played my legacy. I have been using MC Command Center consistently once the legacy completed--the best thing (from my perspective) about it is that you can set it so no Sims get culled and no relationships get culled.

I was aiming at Pinstar-compliancy and also discovering the game in its Vanilla form, which I why I didn't use it... but I feel sad about the Sims and ghosts that were culled...

• Options
    @Thymeless I've used it in two I've started not long ago and I like the idea of not having to force all the sims in the town to pair off etc. If you want to choose mates for heirs and spares but have MC Command run the town you can flag certain things for certain sims. Also you can stop culling which I love.
  • Options
    JoieWilderJoieWilder Posts: 2,513 Member

I play my ISBI using MC Command Center. I really can't play without it. It really ruins the fun if your spares never pair up and have kids or if you have to take time away from your legacy house to go match them up and get them pregnant.
  • Options
    I didn't use any mods when I played my legacy. I have been using MC Command Center consistently once the legacy completed--the best thing (from my perspective) about it is that you can set it so no Sims get culled and no relationships get culled.

I was aiming at Pinstar-compliancy and also discovering the game in its Vanilla form, which I why I didn't use it... but I feel sad about the Sims and ghosts that were culled...
    @Thymeless I've used it in two I've started not long ago and I like the idea of not having to force all the sims in the town to pair off etc. If you want to choose mates for heirs and spares but have MC Command run the town you can flag certain things for certain sims. Also you can stop culling which I love.
    JoieWilder wrote: »
    I play my ISBI using MC Command Center. I really can't play without it. It really ruins the fun if your spares never pair up and have kids or if you have to take time away from your legacy house to go match them up and get them pregnant.

Thank you all for your answers :) It was the culling that made me wonder whether to use it - it's very frustrating to make friends with a sims only to have them vanish off the face of the earth. @CathyTea it was the pinstar-compliancy that made me question whether I should - especially as I've only ever played the game in its vanilla form before. I think I'll try to go at least the first couple of generations without it, until I start racking up family members that aren't being controlled that I really don't want to lose. Currently I've only lost a couple of townies, but if I start losing characters that I actually write about properly I can see myself becoming very fed up.

signature-gen-3.jpg
  • Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    Is it bad to have a crush on one of my own sims? Because Callie from my short story is totally my type~
    ss-july16-sc14.jpg?w=840

Hehe, I have a crush on my character, Jacques, but he's... He's really not one that I should be falling for... Lol.

@CathyTea I'm very bad at updating here... Lol. ANYWAYS, we have a member who has left. :(@DreamsInPixels has left because her story is going on hiatus.
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    My sim crush is the same guy I've made in every Sims since the beginning...Oliver Queen aka the Green Arrow <3<3

o40ezdh.jpg
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • Options

Thank you all for your answers :) It was the culling that made me wonder whether to use it - it's very frustrating to make friends with a sims only to have them vanish off the face of the earth. @CathyTea it was the pinstar-compliancy that made me question whether I should - especially as I've only ever played the game in its vanilla form before. I think I'll try to go at least the first couple of generations without it, until I start racking up family members that aren't being controlled that I really don't want to lose. Currently I've only lost a couple of townies, but if I start losing characters that I actually write about properly I can see myself becoming very fed up.

Yeah... it's very frustrating to have Sims culled--relationship culling is frustrating, too. For a while, a few of us were developing a style of play which reduced the generation of Townies, since it's when the population reaches the cap (I think it's currently around 180, but I'm not sure) that Sims get culled. The style involved limiting any activities that generate Townies, such as trips to community lots, going to work, hiring entertainers or service Sims, and so on. But lately, I've noticed that the game seems to generate lots of Townies regardless of what my Sims do (including lots and lots of Tragic Clowns, on and off duty!), so I use the no-culling settings of MCCC.

I don't see that it would give an unfair advantage to use just that setting, so I bet it wouldn't affect Pinstar-compliance, and you can always ask Pinstar for a ruling, if it matters to you.

Good luck!

• Options
    ss-july16-sc14.jpg?w=840

Hehe, I have a crush on my character, Jacques, but he's... He's really not one that I should be falling for... Lol.

@CathyTea I'm very bad at updating here... Lol. ANYWAYS, we have a member who has left. :(@DreamsInPixels has left because her story is going on hiatus.

Ok! I've updated your list! Thanks! :)