The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Reading Circles - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Tad , right , @RipuAncestor ?
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    VIRTUALEE wrote: »
    Hi Cathy - yes @Marialein has collected all of our hunky sims and here was her first contribution ;)

So Dreamy!

KpfGOTW_zpsvaves0po.jpg

I like his expression. And his necklace. A great pic with lots of personality!

[/quote]

I echo @RipuAncestor, I didn't realize you weren't joking, @CathyTea... lol.

He is a beautiful Sim... he looks a bit Hawaiian or Asian Pacific. The background is nice too. What story is this Sim from, @VIRTUALEE ?

I'm partial to redheads... okay, that's a lie. I am totally biased and have a weakness for redheads.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    VIRTUALEEVIRTUALEE Posts: 2,507 Member
    Hi Cathy - yes @Marialein has collected all of our hunky sims and here was her first contribution ;)

So Dreamy!

KpfGOTW_zpsvaves0po.jpg

I like his expression. And his necklace. A great pic with lots of personality!

He is a beautiful Sim... he looks a bit Hawaiian or Asian Pacific. The background is nice too. What story is this Sim from, @VIRTUALEE ?

I'm partial to redheads... okay, that's a lie. I am totally biased and have a weakness for redheads. [/quote]

This Months reading circle (From novel Idea's Group) Beauty comes to us from the most talented @Marialein 's Amazon Challenge - here is her story's link:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/857458/amazon-challenge-tribe-naheli/p1
  • Options
    edited July 2016

So Dreamy!

KpfGOTW_zpsvaves0po.jpg

I'm partial to redheads... okay, that's a lie. I am totally biased and have a weakness for redheads.

@AdamsEve1231 You should totally stalk the Novel Idea thread! That's where all the hunky TS4 guys are... like Meatballs!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    CathyTea wrote: »

If we're mentioning Sims from the Art Commune Circle, I'd have to add Novak Sanguine from Chrysanthemum Tango even if he's only made an appearance or two (at least at the point I'm caught up to). I particularly like this picture @RipuAncestor https://i0.wp.com/i.imgur.com/646QlGL.jpg

And I'd have to add Alec your Thirty Sims, @CathyTea.

And we can't forget Han from @JLBDreamer's The Last 100 Years.

:)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    edited July 2016
    Oh man so much discussing about Armeni going on here :D (By the way he is an ingame born sim ;) )
    And the name of the pose is Serious guy pose. There you can decide between the poses which are named Who's funeral is that? :D
  • Options
    edited July 2016

If we're mentioning Sims from the Art Commune Circle, I'd have to add Novak Sanguine from Chrysanthemum Tango. I particularly like this picture @RipuAncestor https://i0.wp.com/i.imgur.com/646QlGL.jpg

Ok... and what about Noel, right @friendsfan367 ? I've always had a thing for Gage, @AdamsEve1231
    though the crush-factor, for me, takes a serious nose-dive when I read about how much he drinks! I guess if I were a TS2 Sim, one of my turn-offs would be drinking... which is actually kind of ironic, considering how much I love @InfraGreen 's Harwood... hmmm.....

And we'll totally need to add Harwood. Seriously! I do like Novak. He's not my type (Tad is! LOL! skinny, a little out-there... rather infinite... you know, god-like! ), but Novak is really amazing and really interesting...

And I adore @rednenemon 's Sinbad, through and through...

I also love @MadameLee 's David--he's got the most amazing personality combined with Landgraab genes...

Alec from Thirty Sims is funny--he makes me laugh. I don't think I've played a chapter yet where he hasn't showed up, asking for the lime-light! I've got a Sim coming up in chapter 28 or so, Nash Downing, whom I find completely gorgeous...

EDIT: Oh, yes! The Gumiho from @JLBDreamer 's Korean drama. Wow. He's one of those beautiful Sims, like Elder Wolff, that I can only take fleeting glances at! Retina-burn!

• Options
    mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    I don't have any hunks... but I've totally got the monopoly on cute cat calendars.
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • Options
    I don't have any hunks... but I've totally got the monopoly on cute cat calendars.

Or... yanderes? Ooooh! Spoooky!

• Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    @CitizenErased14 I nominate Florian and Stefan... Preferably Florian...
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    :D He's the hunkiest of them all. No, wait, he's the opposite of that. I guess he could be qualified as an uncanny valley pretty boy. Also he could make an appearance on a calendar, but he's going to keep his shirt on, as it would be pointless to even try to get him to see the point in taking off any of his clothes. If that's not calendar-worthy enough, I do have a few different versions of the shirts he's wearing, and one of them has the collar slightly askew so that it exposes one shoulder. :astonished: Scandalous, I know. :lol:

If we're mentioning Sims from the Art Commune Circle, I'd have to add Novak Sanguine from Chrysanthemum Tango even if he's only made an appearance or two (at least at the point I'm caught up to).

Thanks! Novak's going to be making more appearances for sure in the story at least. And underneath all that blue hair dye, Novak is actually a natural redhead (because red hair is awesome). Personally I really like his smile, though he doesn't smile genuinely all that much (now I kind of want to start posting pics of my usually not very often smiling characters somewhere, because they always surprise me with their gorgeous smiles. I also like his hair because dreadlocks. Dreads are my weakness.

Thirty Sims has so many beautiful Sims I couldn't possibly pick one!

Also yes, the Gumiho because FOXEEEEEEEEEES! Also he's gorgeous.

And we'll totally need to add Harwood. Seriously! I do like Novak. He's not my type (Tad is! LOL! skinny, a little out-there... rather infinite... you know, god-like! ), but Novak is really amazing and really interesting...
    Harwood is amazing indeed.

Also thank you! I'm always glad to hear I'm not alone with my love for skinny, alternative-looking (and out-there) people. Also I may have developed a platonic crush on Tad while writing him. I don't remember the last time I've wished I could be real-life friends with my own creation this much.

And cats are the best, so there's no need for hunks. :)
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    Ok... and what about Noel, right @friendsfan367 ? I've always had a thing for Gage, @AdamsEve1231
    though the crush-factor, for me, takes a serious nose-dive when I read about how much he drinks! I guess if I were a TS2 Sim, one of my turn-offs would be drinking... which is actually kind of ironic, considering how much I love @InfraGreen 's Harwood... hmmm.....

And I adore @rednenemon 's Sinbad, through and through...

I also love @MadameLee 's David--he's got the most amazing personality combined with Landgraab genes...

Alec from Thirty Sims is funny--he makes me laugh. I don't think I've played a chapter yet where he hasn't showed up, asking for the lime-light! I've got a Sim coming up in chapter 28 or so, Nash Downing, whom I find completely gorgeous...

EDIT: Oh, yes! The Gumiho from @JLBDreamer 's Korean drama. Wow. He's one of those beautiful Sims, like Elder Wolff, that I can only take fleeting glances at! Retina-burn!

Lol... @CathyTea, yes, I think you're one of my only readers who roots for Gage, and that's totally okay. He's gotta have someone in his corner.
    Gage drinks to hide his pain and sometimes because he's just being plain dumb and doesn't want to take responsibility. Some of this is of course, his struggles with moodiness (and he's mildly bipolar), but he is a nice looking base-game Sim. We should definitely talk more about your crush on Gage, probably in our own reading circle...

lol... Your remark about TS2 turnoffs is funny and made me smile. I'd have to think about mine. I suppose if I were to update to Sims 3 personality traits "can't stand art," "hates the outdoors," and "mean spirited" would be deal breakers for my Simself.

I like @InfraGreen's Shark makeover in Eight Cicadas.

From my other reading circle Willingly Writing, I think Victor from @Simcraft81's stories is nice to look at. I have to say, and I think everyone in our circle would agree, Justin from @xJoJox's Fine Lines is dreamy... bad boy... "Feral" is how xJo describes him.
    chapter-5-p2_orig.png
    Although if we're talking about bad boys, Ethan has a certain nice look to him from @Julyvee94's Until it Breaks story and Vlad Schlick from @JLBDreamer's Wild Hearts Vampiracy (and Vlad's progression in his relationship with Erica is fascinating).

Fawn of Joon from @CreamierthanMami's Journey of a Thousand Steps is certainly a favorite of mine - heart, body, and soul.
    E0WrKyOZ4rk

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    :D He's the hunkiest of them all. No, wait, he's the opposite of that. I guess he could be qualified as an uncanny valley pretty boy. Also he could make an appearance on a calendar, but he's going to keep his shirt on, as it would be pointless to even try to get him to see the point in taking off any of his clothes. If that's not calendar-worthy enough, I do have a few different versions of the shirts he's wearing, and one of them has the collar slightly askew so that it exposes one shoulder. :astonished: Scandalous, I know. :lol:
    If we're mentioning Sims from the Art Commune Circle, I'd have to add Novak Sanguine from Chrysanthemum Tango even if he's only made an appearance or two (at least at the point I'm caught up to).

Thanks! Novak's going to be making more appearances for sure in the story at least. And underneath all that blue hair dye, Novak is actually a natural redhead (because red hair is awesome). Personally I really like his smile, though he doesn't smile genuinely all that much (now I kind of want to start posting pics of my usually not very often smiling characters somewhere, because they always surprise me with their gorgeous smiles. I also like his hair because dreadlocks. Dreads are my weakness.

@RipuAncestor Lol... yeah, I agree. Tad with his shirt off doesn't make sense. I wouldn't have guessed Novak is a redhead at all. Interesting and full of surprises. In terms of smiles, yes, I think the guys that smile the least often are the most handsome. *cough cough* Brendon.
    ...my spouse is like this too.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    @xJojox It's amazing how your use of CC makes them look not-even Sim! Totally different aesthetic. I've noticed that with some of @OJenn 's CC Sims who have the most amazing eyes, skin, and lips...

(I do love Vlad, too--we had a little Vampire-nonVamp intense romance in my ISBI the other day, and I keep thinking about Wild Hearts, which shows the essence of this intensity...)

And wow! Fawn is gorgeous!

...And this conversation is really fun and giving me ideas for all-circle conversations... maybe once a week or so, we can find something to explore and then we can talk about all the stories we're reading in our circles...

Obviously, this week it's SHOW ME YOUR SIM CRUSH!

What do you love about this Sim?

What story does it come from?

What does this Sim add to his or her story?

• Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    ...And this conversation is really fun and giving me ideas for all-circle conversations... maybe once a week or so, we can find something to explore and then we can talk about all the stories we're reading in our circles...

Ohhhh, I would love that! :D

1) Florian from @CitizenErased14's A2A
    2) Ashes to Ashes...
    3) Potential future romances and tons of drama, knowing @CitizenErased14...
    4) The story that the wolf den is focusing on this month is The Humble Legacy, and we're kind of having a discussion about it.
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member

Ohhhh, I would love that! :D

1) Florian from @CitizenErased14's A2A
    2) Ashes to Ashes...
    3) Potential future romances and tons of drama, knowing @CitizenErased14...
    4) The story that the wolf den is focusing on this month is The Humble Legacy, and we're kind of having a discussion about it.

Hahaha @SilentWolf101 I am flattered ;)

Here is a gift for you.
    pdZoHJN.png

I will have to ponder my answer to this question and get back to it ;)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    I seem to keep noticing the necklaces first in all of the pics posted here. (But also, man, @CitizenErased14, that guy has such adorable eyes!) Seriously, those are some seriously nice necklaces. That reminds me, I bought a really awesome necklace too a couple of days ago. It's this flat slab of wood that has been laser-carved to look like a bird's skull. I love it.
    @RipuAncestor Lol... yeah, I agree. Tad with his shirt off doesn't make sense.
    :lol: That sentence is so true and so funny! It sounds like a law of nature. The Earth revolves around the sun. We all die some day. Tad without a shirt doesn't make sense.

Or maybe I'm just tired.
    I wouldn't have guessed Novak is a redhead at all. Interesting and full of surprises. In terms of smiles, yes, I think the guys that smile the least often are the most handsome. *cough cough* Brendon.
    ...my spouse is like this too.
    In a brighter lighting it's possible to see that Novak's eyebrows are dark, reddish-brown. It's also possible, though much more difficult, to see his roots in some pics.

Brendon is awesome, and I like his style!

Okay, now I'm going to bed before I get even loopier. Have fun you guys!
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    Florian gets the awards for "Best Piano Student/Most Lyrical Rendition of Fur Elise..."

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Florian gets the awards for "Best Piano Student/Most Lyrical Rendition of Fur Elise..."

that reminds me i forgot to tell you alana played a concerto the other day. i have no idea what it means but it sounded like a good thing.
  • Options
    @RipuAncestor Hope you get good sleep. :)

Yay another Brendon fan! Yeah, he was a total surprise in my story but I kind of grew to like him, even if he is a bit devilish at times. ;)
    @RipuAncestor Lol... yeah, I agree. Tad with his shirt off doesn't make sense.
    :lol: That sentence is so true and so funny! It sounds like a law of nature. The Earth revolves around the sun. We all die some day. Tad without a shirt doesn't make sense.

LOL. :p

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    @CathyTea: I don't even think Harwood was that bad of a drinker. He certainly did it a lot for a character that lived for nine chapters, but in a story with a startling number of actual alcoholics, he wasn't all that bad.

Just wait until the next two chapters are just vice after vice for everyone with a vice.

He's certainly an interesting character, but "calendar of hunks" material? Even the younger, non-deformed model I have of Harwood (the one I used to actually create his non-Sinbad kids) still has a giant forehead and scrawny proportions. But if that's what the people want...I guess Annette posing shirtless would be too controversial. :p

---

As for sim crushes:

- @CitizenErased14 's Clara. Enjoy your second sim-crush award!
    - You know the story (but it's Ashes to Ashes of course)
    - I've never rooted for a sim to turn out gay or bi so hard in my life. Still waiting to see what her future holds.
    - A sharp and edgy narrative voice. Being a character all of us WordPress bloggers can relate to. ;)
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options

that reminds me i forgot to tell you alana played a concerto the other day. i have no idea what it means but it sounded like a good thing.

It's a totally good thing! That Alana is so smart and creative!

• Options
    @InfraGreen I would buy a calendar of Twelve Months of Harwood. I'd want it to have the dates magnetic, so I could reuse the calendar perennially... because... Harwood.

And also, the Twelve Months of Tad perennial calendar would be fun, too! I want October to be a close-up of his face so we can see his veins on his temples...

• Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    As for sim crushes:

- @CitizenErased14 's Clara. Enjoy your second sim-crush award!
    - You know the story (but it's Ashes to Ashes of course)
    - I've never rooted for a sim to turn out gay or bi so hard in my life. Still waiting to see what her future holds.
    - A sharp and edgy narrative voice. Being a character all of us WordPress bloggers can relate to. ;)

Aw, shucks @InfraGreen ! :lol: I'm flattered, and so is Clara ;) (For the record, I am straight but totally have a girl-crush on Clara #noshame so I understand :tongue:)

And here is your gift/teaser :tongue: (It's an adorably puzzled YA-Clara hehe)
    zEvPoWy.png
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

It's a totally good thing! That Alana is so smart and creative!

what is it?