Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I have a question, as I'm as good as brand new to mods;

How does the command center appear in-game? is it like an options menu, or does it appear as a cheat object that a sim has to use?
    if the latter, and a sim uses it, do I have to adjust the settings I want per household/neighbouhood/world, or will one change work for the entire game?
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    edited April 2016
    Woohoo! Pun intended. Downloaded and now I'm jumping back into the fray! I'm so glad you can change the child support values now because then I can make my player Sims' lives a bit more difficult for making the entire new generation of Sims in Willow Creek half-siblings :D

@egwarhammer

I am SOOO excited that my request for the child support was done!!!! My gigolo Sim can woohoo until his hearts content and not have to worry about paying for the children he had with a married sim. Cuz you know the wife isn't going to say hey someone else fathered the baby your holding! Loading up my game to go and test it out!!!!

Cool feeling, being included, isn't it? My jaw hit the floor when he thanked me in the credits section. Warm fuzzy for days over that. <3

I saw that!!!! It is good feeling. Sometimes it doesn't even matter how small. The other day one of my favorite youtubers and a guru I think is funny on twitter both liked my replies to their tweets. After having a horrible day it just made my day.

As for the cleaner I will pay more attention to it next time I am in game. Could be that I just over looked it.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    BabySquare wrote: »

How does the command center appear in-game? is it like an options menu, or does it appear as a cheat object that a sim has to use?
    if the latter, and a sim uses it, do I have to adjust the settings I want per household/neighbouhood/world, or will one change work for the entire game?

You first need to click on the computer, that is how you access the mod. You do not have to adjust setting per household and my settings work for all my saves. I don't have to reset my setting for each save. Some setting will require you to restart your game to take effect.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options

You first need to click on the computer, that is how you access the mod. You do not have to adjust setting per household and my settings work for all my saves. I don't have to reset my setting for each save. Some setting will require you to restart your game to take effect.

So I get a sim to use a computer to access it?

Thank you for your help; I've no idea what I'm doing when it comes to mods; I just want to use population controls to stop the tragic clown appearing as I've got a phobia of clowns.
  • Options
    Right. You don't need a special computer just any computer in your game. For that all you have to do is click on the computer and the mod will appear in the options. Then to population and the clown walkby setting will be in there. I saw it today but didn't do anything with yet though.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member

Thank you for your help; I've no idea what I'm doing when it comes to mods; I just want to use population controls to stop the tragic clown appearing as I've got a phobia of clowns.

Relax. :) Clown is a little harder to see than just that. Stay off retail lots and don't buy the painting. There's no autonomous viewing, so NPCs won't call it even if a painting does get snuck in somewhere. Active only thing. (I was glad to find that out.)

You know how YOU can turn on the stereo? MC works like that on the computer, it's one of those YOU click radial buttons... no sim required. I put computers on my community lots too, so I can get to MC from anywhere. Also mailboxes, for the Cheats stuff.

That's all it takes, just to have a computer on any live lot, to get to your settings file. Population > Other is where he put the clown bypass setting.
  • Options
    Right. You don't need a special computer just any computer in your game. For that all you have to do is click on the computer and the mod will appear in the options. Then to population and the clown walkby setting will be in there. I saw it today but didn't do anything with yet though.

Relax. :) Clown is a little harder to see than just that. Stay off retail lots and don't buy the painting. There's no autonomous viewing, so NPCs won't call it even if a painting does get snuck in somewhere. Active only thing. (I was glad to find that out.)

You know how YOU can turn on the stereo? MC works like that on the computer, it's one of those YOU click radial buttons... no sim required. I put computers on my community lots too, so I can get to MC from anywhere. Also mailboxes, for the Cheats stuff.

That's all it takes, just to have a computer on any live lot, to get to your settings file. Population > Other is where he put the clown bypass setting.

Thank you very much for the help. I'd be like a sim stumbling around in the dark otherwise. :)
  • Options
    GoddessSims wrote: »

CarryOnMyWaywardSons wrote: »

Woohoo! Pun intended. Downloaded and now I'm jumping back into the fray! I'm so glad you can change the child support values now because then I can make my player Sims' lives a bit more difficult for making the entire new generation of Sims in Willow Creek half-siblings :D

@egwarhammer

I am SOOO excited that my request for the child support was done!!!! My gigolo Sim can woohoo until his hearts content and not have to worry about paying for the children he had with a married sim. Cuz you know the wife isn't going to say hey someone else fathered the baby your holding! Loading up my game to go and test it out!!!!
    @GoddessSims I created a test Sim to go Try For Baby with Katrina Caliente, Bella Goth, and Summer Holiday (the No Strings part of the mod is a blessing!) and he got them all pregnant. Now he has to pay the default amount of Simoleons to each of their households because child support is set to only work if the Sims are not married. He's basically broke at this point LOL.

You guys should post this stuff to MC's comments... I bet DP would get a kick out of how tickled you both are. :)
  • Options

@egwarhammer

@GoddessSims I created a test Sim to go Try For Baby with Katrina Caliente, Bella Goth, and Summer Holiday (the No Strings part of the mod is a blessing!) and he got them all pregnant. Now he has to pay the default amount of Simoleons to each of their households because child support is set to only work if the Sims are not married. He's basically broke at this point LOL.

You guys should post this stuff to MC's comments... I bet DP would get a kick out of how tickled you both are. :)

Oh I plan on it. I jut want to see how it all works first. Each time the game gets boring, comes out with a game changer!!! I have a save that is a lot like a day time soap opera and it s all thanks to his mod...LOL

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    Bed, rocket ship, hot tub, bush and closet all in one night……all different Sims. There should be thread some place that to share what kind of “weirder stories” this mod single handedly allows our sims to get into….LOL

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    Looked at TinyPic again, tripped "view source" (I'm not THAT much of a tech, but I can tell problems)... There's some kind of security error happening there, I don't guess I'll be uploading till they fix that.

Problem seems to be with Edge browser. Google Chrome (plan B of choice, I prefer it over Edge but am trying to accept win10's "choices" on some things) uploaded the picture fine. HERE is the 2.9.0 installed picture I've been trying to post since yesterday. :)

any05l.jpg
  • Options
    Hey gang, who wants to show off your (2.9.0) get_pop b files?

Here's mine, I'm really interested in what's in that new Special Sims line in other games... trying to track down why 52 here, when DP has none. Might be starter-game sims, but I want more samples.

Rolled a brand new save, started with one sim. The rest, 52, are the ones already living on the maps when you start a new game.

One of those O.o things when the number clicked.

[04/27/16 07:24:46]Total Sims: 53
    [04/27/16 07:24:46]Total Female Sims: 28
    [04/27/16 07:24:46]Total Male Sims: 25
    [04/27/16 07:24:46]Total Grim Reapers: 0
    [04/27/16 07:24:46]Total Babies - Female: 0, Male: 0
    [04/27/16 07:24:46]Total Children - Female: 2, Male: 3
    [04/27/16 07:24:46]Total Teens - Female: 5, Male: 3
    [04/27/16 07:24:46]Total Young Adults - Female: 15, Male: 12
    [04/27/16 07:24:46]Total Adults - Female: 5, Male: 5
    [04/27/16 07:24:46]Total Elders - Female: 1, Male: 2
    [04/27/16 07:24:46]Total Ghosts: 0
    [04/27/16 07:24:46]Total Homeless Sims: 0
    [04/27/16 07:24:46]Total Homed Sims: 53
    [04/27/16 07:24:46]Total Married Sims: 12
    [04/27/16 07:24:46]Total Pregnant Sims: 0
    [04/27/16 07:24:46]Total Sims in Hidden Households: 0
    [04/27/16 07:24:46]Total Aliens: 0
    [04/27/16 07:24:46]Total Special Sims: 52
    [04/27/16 07:24:46]
    [04/27/16 07:24:46]Total Households: 17
    [04/27/16 07:24:46]Total Homeless Households: 0
    [04/27/16 07:24:46]Total Homed Households: 17
  • Options
    Blacklists... I've been working on one with all the clown parts, and I *think* it's finished. Male and Female, YA and Elder. Almost 200 lines.

Who's game to try it out? :)

https://www.mediafire.com/?14t6zk8qk7cd1d5

18 haircolors, half a dozen (ish) hats, full body outfits (hats/outfits/shoes both old and new clown pieces... don't know if new clown uses old outfit parts, but, it won't happen NOW for sure!), glasses (the 4 star-shaped ones), and shoes. Several facepaints (old/new), also.

Hair needs a whitelist item to be properly blacklisted, so, I picked a base game style for each subset. Also a fullbody item for each, and a pair of shoes, I think. This *might* lead to the shoes showing up in sleep/swim... if so, you can edit the shoe choices by putting them on a sim and choosing via Dresser which outfits to delete the whitelisted item from.

If you do NOT already have a dresser config, you can just extract this one, take off "-noclowns" from the file name, and drop it into your MC folder. Next time a cleaner alarm dealing with items runs, clown pieces will be banished.

If you DO already have a dresser config file, before you start your game, first open your mc_dresser.cfg file with a text editor, and do the same for the text file within the zip. COPY everything from the new file, and PASTE it at the bottom of your existing dresser.cfg.

Save it, close it, then start your game. Dresser will organize the new lines to suit itself.

And you should not see general (newly made) townies dressed in ANY of this stuff again.

This is NOT a "perfect" solution. You may decide to change some of what I did.

I blacklisted everything across all outfits... if that's too drastic, you'll be able to edit the blacklists in your game.

If you don't like the whitelist items I chose, pick others. For Hair you MUST have ONE, but you can add as many more as you like, too. I was just trying to keep it simple, base game items that aren't hard to find in CAS.

Use what I put together as a starting point, especially if you've never used Dresser. I know it's intimidating, that's another reason I did this. I DO know how to do it, and it's taken me all day. Dresser has a pretty steep learning curve, at first. But once you play with it a little, it isn't hard to figure out. Just takes time and practice.

I can only imagine... gotta be hard to be afraid of clowns, and know you can fix it to not see them, BUT you know you need to make (at least) one to blacklist all its stuff... and there's a TON of stuff for them (well, 18 haircolors alone for each sex/age group... 72 lines for just that, yeah)... I saw potential meltdown territory, and I hope this helps nip some of that in the bud for some people. :)

Protip: I made 2 households of six sims each (because of the 18 haircolors, easy division /3), one all males, one all females. It wasn't too hard to do all the stuff for them as YAs, then I aged them all up to Elders in CASF, and ran through the items again. Made it a LOT easier than doing it one sim at a time would have been.

If you check my list out... let me know what you think? Thanks!
  • Options
    DeaderpoolDeaderpool Posts: 187 Member

@egwarhammer

I'm glad you guys liked that. After the first couple of releases, I just started trying to make it a point to make a note of who requests things that I end-up adding. It's not a solo endeavor so I try to give credit where it's due. :)
  • Options
    AnnaberruAnnaberru Posts: 14 New Member
    I've installed the latest version, but still no MC_settings.cfg file.
    I am checkin in the mods directory, and I don't quite know where else to look, to be honest.
    I have gone all the way into the game, written MC_help in the cheatbar, seen the text I'm supposed to see there, saved, exited, and yet I can't seem to have those files created.

I won't try to circumvent the no-pictures-from-newbies rule, but I can answer questions if you want to try and help me out :)
  • Options
    Annaberru wrote: »
    I've installed the latest version, but still no MC_settings.cfg file.
    I am checkin in the mods directory, and I don't quite know where else to look, to be honest.
    I have gone all the way into the game, written MC_help in the cheatbar, seen the text I'm supposed to see there, saved, exited, and yet I can't seem to have those files created.

I won't try to circumvent the no-pictures-from-newbies rule, but I can answer questions if you want to try and help me out :)

Your game is patched up to the last one? April 21? And MC (and woohoo if you have that part) is 2.9.0? And your mods are showing up in game? (I expect all yes answers, got 2 of 'em already... just covering starting bases.)

What OTHER mods do you have?

It's perfectly fine to post a broken link, people do it all the time. @rosemow encourages it, even. I *really* need to see what's going on, to be able to help you better.

Top of page 49 (this one, as I'm typing), there's a screenshot of MY 2.9.0 installed. What's different between it and what's in your MC directory?

Hmm... try a computer search for mc_settings.cfg

If there's one hiding somewhere, that'll find it. If you've seen the mod's cheat output, at least some of it HAS to be working. Do you get the MC menu buttons on the computer and sims and mailbox?

Windows or Mac? (I am NOT mac-savvy.) What OS?

Depending on what you tell me, I may end up going to MTS after Deaderpool. But give me more, and we'll see where I can get you to. :)
  • Options
    I found a file when searching, apparently I have TWO electronic arts/the sims 4 directories.
    But the files in the directory I found the mc_settings in are not updated to the latest version, should I delete the mc_settings.cfg and update the files?

The only other mod I have is Aren's Same Sex Pregnancy mod, which worked fine with it before.
    I'm running windows 7, and my game is patched.
  • Options
    I found a file when searching, apparently I have TWO electronic arts/the sims 4 directories.
    But the files in the directory I found the mc_settings in are not updated to the latest version, should I delete the mc_settings.cfg and update the files?

The only other mod I have is Aren's Same Sex Pregnancy mod, which worked fine with it before.
    I'm running windows 7, and my game is patched.

Don't delete that config file. I may want to see it. What's the date on it?

I dunno about how it managed to work with your MC, but Aren's SSP mod has conflicted with MC in general for a LONG time. Is that and MC all you have in your /Mods folder? No CC, no other mods? ALL of MC is installed? Woohoo part, too?

I am pretty interested in the TWO EA sims4 directories. What are their full paths? Using Win10, my play path (where mods and saves and so on live) looks like this:

C:\Users\egw\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\MC CC (well, up to the 4, anyway)

And the actual game files the program uses are here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4

If by chance one of your two folders is inside the other one (it happens)... that COULD be causing problems, if you've got extracted copies of MC in more than one place.

Version mismatch errors are a pain to nail down sometimes. But I'd bet what's going on is one of these 2 things, and maybe both.

Take out Aren's mod, make sure you only have ONE /Mods folder where the game/mc can get at it, and that your mc looks like that picture I mentioned, and try it one more time, and let me know what happens then.

When's the last time you've repaired your game? That's not a bad idea, either.
  • Options
    @Annaberru just wanted to let you know I asked on MC's page for help with your no config file issue. Tagged DP, but he's probably at work. Hopefully when he sees the message, he'll drop in over here.

There's other techie types there too (I asked for help from whoever can), don't give up, I haven't!

Just waiting for brilliance to show up. :) And I need some sleep. I'll check back in a bit.
  • Options
    Cool, DP just posted this to MC's thread for us...
    If the config file isn't generating, the most likely cause would be that the mod is never initiating. Doesn't seem to be the case here as mc_help is working. A second reason could be that there is a file access issue. When they copy/paste the mod files into the mod folder, they may get the file access pop-up saying that they need to give it access to do that and so they give it access and it copies the files into the folder. That same activity cannot be done from within the game. If you don't have admin rights to the folder that the mods are in, it could cause file access issues. Third possibility is that it IS getting generated and they just don't see it. If they change options, are their options persisting when they exit the game and come back? If so, then the settings file IS there. Simple test. They shouldn't need the settings file anyway, technically, right? As long as their settings are being saved, that is what counts.

Does that help any?
  • Options
    DigiDactylDigiDactyl Posts: 3 New Member
    > @Annaberru said:
    > I've installed the latest version, but still no MC_settings.cfg file.
    > I am checkin in the mods directory, and I don't quite know where else to look, to be honest.
    > I have gone all the way into the game, written MC_help in the cheatbar, seen the text I'm supposed to see there, saved, exited, and yet I can't seem to have those files created.
    >
    > I won't try to circumvent the no-pictures-from-newbies rule, but I can answer questions if you want to try and help me out :)

Did you do a search in mods folder for mc_settings.cfg ... and if you didn't do you have windows explorer set to hide system files ... that may be the problem .. hope that's helpful.
  • Options
    DigiDactyl wrote: »
    > @Annaberru said:
    > I've installed the latest version, but still no MC_settings.cfg file.
    > I am checkin in the mods directory, and I don't quite know where else to look, to be honest.
    > I have gone all the way into the game, written MC_help in the cheatbar, seen the text I'm supposed to see there, saved, exited, and yet I can't seem to have those files created.
    >
    > I won't try to circumvent the no-pictures-from-newbies rule, but I can answer questions if you want to try and help me out :)

Did you do a search in mods folder for mc_settings.cfg ... and if you didn't do you have windows explorer set to hide system files ... that may be the problem .. hope that's helpful.

@Annaberru another file to search for would be mc_cmd_center.ts4script . Also its counterpart, mc_cmd_center.package . If you find more than one of either of THOSE, you DO have more than one copy of MC extracted/trying to run, and somehow the 2 copies are interfering with each other.

In that message from DP I quoted above, he actually added a little more, later:
    Fourth is that they have multiple mod locations and it's running one that they're not looking in the folder for, which sounds like it may be the case here from what you've been finding...

I was already thinking that, wondering if you might accidentally have MC both in /Mods AND in /MC... something like that. Definitely worth checking for, with what he added.

How's it going now?
  • Options
    Sorry about the late reply, I feel asleep, haha.
    So, uhm. I found out that one of the directories didn't have much other sims stuff like saves and so on, so I deleted all mods from there, and updated the mod in the other directory.
    Now it seems like the game has produced the missing files, so all there's left now is to edit them :smiley:
    Thank you guys so much for the help!
  • Options
    Sorry about the late reply, I feel asleep, haha.
    So, uhm. I found out that one of the directories didn't have much other sims stuff like saves and so on, so I deleted all mods from there, and updated the mod in the other directory.
    Now it seems like the game has produced the missing files, so all there's left now is to edit them :smiley:
    Thank you guys so much for the help!

Awesome news! If you see anything weird, let me know. Glad you got it back! :)
  • Options
    Blacklist has had 12 downloads since I offered it up. I'm pretty happy about that. :)

(Only one was me, tested it post-upload, of course.)

Feels like it was a good decision, putting that together. I like it.

Just wanted to share a ray of sunshine I'm feeling this rainy morning. You (MC users) rock.

Hope you have a great day!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top