Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    I woke up after sleeping about two hours. Go figure. I'm *here* ... but I don't wake up FAST. Little fogged over, still.

@Scobre what did you come up with?

@Glimmer50 I'll PM you my woohoo settings, apologies for the wall of text about to show up. LOL!

More coming, this is just a check-in.
  • Options
    cully_c wrote: »
    ok, just downloaded it wish me luck.... lol

You'll be fine. If you're NOT fine... hey, things happen... check out the tts pdf file, it's a troubleshooter. Little outdated, so the NUMBERS will be wrong (ditto pictures), but the how-to steps are still good.

I really need to update that. Another thing for The List. Hopefully this week.
  • Options
    raemariekraemariek Posts: 88 Member
    Hello, I apologize for asking a questions thats probably already been asked, but does MC cause marriage and pregnancy for non-active households? I am doing the 100 baby challenge, and I would love to see the kids go on to develop their own lives, but so far they don't and I don't know how to make them without actually going into their households.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,551 Member
    raemariek wrote: »
    Hello, I apologize for asking a questions thats probably already been asked, but does MC cause marriage and pregnancy for non-active households? I am doing the 100 baby challenge, and I would love to see the kids go on to develop their own lives, but so far they don't and I don't know how to make them without actually going into their households.

to answer your question the answer is yes i am sure @egwarhammer will be able to provide more info i have goten sims pregnant even if they are singles :)
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    Glimmer50 wrote: »
    Well, what do you want to do? Did you look at mine? My main sim is currently pregnant with alien baby number two. She's been abducted 3 times, but was pregnant with #1 the 2nd time she got snatched. Bjorn Bjergsen is also alien-pregnant.

High frequency, NPC abduction enabled.

If looking at the UI info (computer > mc > occult) isn't enough, check out the Occult info (spoiler button) on the mod page. DP is very thorough. And really approachable. MC comments is one of my favorite hangouts.

I am looking to increase alien abduction in my game and I want the females to be pregnant too when abducted so here are my settings. I also want the elders to be able to be abducted and get pregnant: Will this do the trick or am I missing something? I read through MC's page and can't find anything else about it.

"Occult_AbductionAges": "YA,A,E",
    "Occult_AbductionAllowNPC": true,
    "Occult_AbductionDuration": 6,
    "Occult_AbductionPregnancyAges": "YA,A, E",
    "Occult_AbductionPregnancyGenders": "M,F",
    "Occult_AbductionStartHour": 22,
    "Occult_AlienFrequency": "H",
    "Occult_ForceAlienDisguise": true,
    "Occult_MaximumAliens": -1,
    "Occult_TimeBetweenAbductions": 24,
    "Occult_TryForBabyPercent": 30,

Another question: If I decide I want same sex romances how would I make that happen? In Sims 3 I let my Sims decide who they wanted to be with but in Sims4 it seems like no one ever chooses same sex romance so what are all the options for that. I also have whoo hooo installed and if you can't talk about that here, please pm me as to how I can make everyone have children together. I want to mix up my game some. LOL.

BTW, thank you for all your help on this. I am sure it takes up quite a bit of your time. I appreciate everything you do so just wanted you to know. Special thanks. :)

Oh and btw I have no clowns or clown outfits in my game now. Thank you for that too.

You're welcome! Things working okay, then? I'm curious about that clown hair some people are seeing *everywhere*... any log errors or anything for you? I haven't played in days. Yet another thing on tomorrow's/this week's list. Doggoned thing is as long as my arm already.

Blacklist vs game, I want to know who wins. Haha!

Now that I've sent you those settings, it looks like actually most of what you want would be in the Pregnancy and Marriage settings.

For woohoo (I don't have YOUR settings in front of me ATM), enable elder TFB. Also, same sex TFB. THAT's one, for sure.

I've never played with polygamy. Just not my thing. No strings is fun, though. "You wanna? Sure." LOL!

There's an EA jump bug associated with nude hot tub woohoo, so I have that disabled till they fix it. Epic bug. Hot tub spits everybody out AND puts swimsuits on them. Wild to see happen.

A few of the Pregnancy and Marriage settings are "duplicated" now, so be sure to check both sets of options. Had one player get really mad about something that happened right after he did that, because she didn't know what was going on and was not happy with her results. Fixed, but, forewarned is forearmed.

Maybe you're missing Flags. You can use those to set UNPLAYED sims as either Same Sex only or Opposite Sex only. And another layer is added with Actor (babymaker) and Target (carrier) flags, too. If you're weird like me, you can set Nancy Landgraab as Actor and hubby Geoffrey as Target. I haven't, but that's usually how it works out if I don't specifically flag her as the target. LOL!

BTW, for MARRIED sims, if you flag one as Target, the Actor flag (and vice versa) is automatically applied by the mod to the partner. For Single Sims, during mod pregnancy/marriage runs (I put it that way because in the UI, marriage settings are in the pregnancy submenu), Actors will not mate with other Actors, but, they are not limited to just Targets in that case. Just a hair I wanted to go ahead and split.

Also, if ANYBODY uses flags and sees a marriage that should NOT happen, please let me know!

I had an opposite-sex flagged guy be partnered with a same-sex guy, which was (still is) a ?????????? moment for me. Kinda like the mod got tired of fooling with them, and was like, here, you get this guy (it was my Gym Trainer with the OS flag, gang!!), up to you to work it out. (Good luck with that...)

They made a nice looking couple, so I ended up just removing the OS flag and leaving them alone. Weird for real, though.

Under Marriage, check Same Sex and Spouse Genders. Pregnancy, also Insimenators (which DP spells that way on purpose) :p ... anything where you can put M,F as options in those 2 menus is probably a good idea. Turn it all on and flag people in/out, that's how I'd do it. :)

Need more detail, let me know.
  • Options
    raemariek wrote: »

Oh yeah, that's pretty much a HUGE part of what MC is *for*... NPC story progression. Similar to NRAAS for Sims3, that was Deaderpool's inspiration for MC.

Best tip is grab the AllModules.zip file (woohoo download is separate, link on MC's front page, if you want that... ratings) and copy all the files into a /Mods/MC folder. It has several files, it's just easier to keep it all together in its own folder.

Definitely browse the documentation page, especially the Pregnancy and Population modules, but all of it is worth looking over. It's got a wealth of info under the spoiler buttons. But don't let it overwhelm you, either. Just see how it's laid out, and what info is THERE.

It's like Google, you don't have to remember any more than where to look for something later. You know?

You'll want to change settings, I'm pretty sure. Install it, and go to any live lot with a computer. UI menu is there for tweaking settings. Just click through the submenu buttons, it's worth doing at least once, just to see where things ARE.

Some things need a restart to "take." Those will give you orange notifications like the "wall full!" thing. You do NOT have to do it every time you see that, finish your editing and restart your game when you finish whatever you want to do at the time. One restart will set everything you just changed, IOW.

Also, there are some parts of the UI where in the white/blue menu box it says Restart Required!! That ONLY means IF YOU CHANGE THAT SETTING. Just reminder messages. No orange popup, no need to restart. (It's been asked before.)

Let me know if you need anything. I might be about to wake up, here! :smiley:
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited May 2016
    Insimenator I'm guessing is in reference to the Insimenator mod from the Sims 2 right? I loved that mod. It was the first mod that provided the most options I think and set the stage for the NRAAs and MC Command Center mods for in-game customization. Sorry you only got two hours of sleep. :(
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Scobre wrote: »
    Insimenator I'm guessing is in reference to the Insimenator mod from the Sims 2 right? I loved that mod. It was the first mod that provided the most options I think and set the stage for the NRAAs and MC Command Center mods for in-game customization. Sorry you only got two hours of sleep. :(

It's okay, some days are like that. Must be a vampire thing. I generally end up with at least one 27-30 hour day during a work week. I really wasn't expecting to have one on my LAST work night, but, I'm getting things done HERE, so, whatever. LOL!

I have PLENTY of caffeine. I can do this, and tomorrow I'll sleep pretty well.

You could be right... I teased him once about the spelling, but I thought it was just a SIMS nod... but I never used that mod in 2, either.

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

It's okay, some days are like that. Must be a vampire thing. I generally end up with at least one 27-30 hour day during a work week. I really wasn't expecting to have one on my LAST work night, but, I'm getting things done HERE, so, whatever. LOL!

I have PLENTY of caffeine. I can do this, and tomorrow I'll sleep pretty well.

You could be right... I teased him once about the spelling, but I thought it was just a SIMS nod... but I never used that mod in 2, either.

Aww hang in there. Yeah the Insimenator can still be found here: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=InSimenator
    The options it provided were amazing. Like people were like toddlers were so hard to train, but I tended to use that mod sometimes and instant trained toddler. XD I had fun with the mortality adjuster because it was how I was able to make hybrid Sims. So I could have Sims that were vampires, zombies, werewolves, aliens, and witches. It was pretty fun. I don't know, maybe you can read about it and see if anything could be used from it to give new ideas for MC Command Center. I think MCCC covers many of the insimenator options though.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Yeah, DP would like supernaturals, too. If there was a way, we'd have them. Python (or maybe it's EA code) is a bear to talk into doing things, evidently. Very Picky. And EA is being stingy with the entry points, too, it sounds like. There's a lot he's talked about not being able to get to from scripting.

I've browsed through enough code to know it's something I don't need to try to figure out how to mess with. Over my head, and there it can stay. I know some people. :) And I'm not a bit shy about asking them, hey, what's up with this thing?

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Guess what I just saw from DP?? :smiley:
    So things have been going pretty quickly for the next update. I would expect to see it within the next couple of days. Bummer for the translators who mostly have just about finished for the previous release.

Most of the features this time around went pretty smoothly so I got what I wanted without any big problems. Think there's some things in this one that folks will enjoy and some that have been asked for in the past so stay tuned!

http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=5017251#post5017251

ETA, okay, this news back-burners the TTS PDF update, no sense doing one for 9 when 10 is close to landing.
  • Options
    DeaderpoolDeaderpool Posts: 187 Member
    There's an EA jump bug associated with nude hot tub woohoo, so I have that disabled till they fix it. Epic bug. Hot tub spits everybody out AND puts swimsuits on them. Wild to see happen.
    I fixed this in 2.9.0 with some help for Azoresman. Hot Tub Woohoo works like all the other types now.

• Options
    DeaderpoolDeaderpool Posts: 187 Member
    @Valdesca I found a few things in your settings I want to ask you about. Overall they look fine, yours is another game I probably couldn't play... LOL! We're all different.

"Autosave_IntervalAmount": 3,
    "Autosave_IntervalType": "SD",

Doesn't this mean your Autosave only fires off every 3 sim days? I have mine set for SH (every sim hour)... the mod resets the save timer every time you save manually, so I'm wondering, do you ever see AutoSaves with these settings?

Or, can you really play through 3 sim days without saving your game? There's no way I could do that. Obsessive about saving OFTEN, here.
    I also use Auto Save every 3 Sim days. Works fine but doesn't play well with "active careers" as it won't autosave during the career going on so it can mess with the timer.
  • Options
    Deaderpool wrote: »
    I fixed this in 2.9.0 with some help for Azoresman. Hot Tub Woohoo works like all the other types now.

Your decidedly not-psychic Cheerleader would like to point out the absence of said fix info in either of the Change Logs... :p (If I missed it, um... where?)

Or, in simpler terms... I DO remember the message where he talked about it, and then you replied...end of story, out here in the wilds. I'd NO IDEA you'd already added that in.

Off week has begun! I will need some sleep today, 2 hours is all I got yesterday. But, I'm OFF! :smiley: (Till Sunday afternoon.)
  • Options
    Just to update, that hot tub woohoo bug fix is NOT in 2.9.0, it's coming with 2.10.0. DP got the versions mixed up. :) He's busy, it happens. I'm just glad to know I'm *not* losing it, I didn't see it because it wasn't there, and it wasn't there because it hasn't happened for US, yet. Whew! LOL
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    Stupid question.

How do you update a mod.

Do you delete it out, then zip it all back in?
  • Options
    Gruffman wrote: »
    Stupid question.

How do you update a mod.

Do you delete it out, then zip it all back in?

There's no such thing as a "plum" :p (yeah I typed it that way) question.

How I do it with MC is, I keep it in its own folder, so Sims4/Mods/MC. I download the AllModules zip file at MTS, and the woohoo file at the other place.

Sort files in /MC by Type, and delete only the .package and .ts4script files. Leave everything else in there, it's fine.

Then open the downloads, I use 7zip. Select All, and then Copy To: /MC. You might have to drill down to find its path the first time.

Same thing for woohoo.

And it's probably similar to this for a lot of other mods. :) MC's pretty complex, it's the biggest mod I have (most connected files, I mean).

One-shot mods are usually not hard to figure out what to do with... but there are always exceptions, so feel free to ask me about <whatever> if something hairballs. Anything on MTS, for sure, I don't mind to go look at for anybody. (And some I just know aren't working now, anyway.)

• Options
    This one's for the details nerds.

Copy of my get_pop log for 127 sims, with ALL the switches included.

get_pop h a p m f s c cl g

About a thousand lines. I don't leave it in my log file for long, but I love having this level of detail to look at! :)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ifdimivt2mh1yqo/how_i_roll.zip

You don't have to care. But I wanted to post it in case somebody might be interested.

Bedtime, BBL.
  • Options
    MC 2.10.0 is UP! (Also woohoo.) Looks pretty juicy, too... Change log post is LONG, but here's the link:

http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=5017963#post5017963

He spoilered the info THERE, too... Don't remember him doing that before. Just a ? thing.

Also, I just woke up, and I have it all downloaded but not installed, still in "get the word out" phase, here. Pictures and all that usual jazz coming later this evening.

Morning for me, I've not been up an hour, yet. LOL!

There'll be more...

• Options
    @egwarhammer when i download the update what would be the best one to download and do i have to remove the old version first?
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

• Options
    @egwarhammer when i download the update what would be the best one to download and do i have to remove the old version first?

Scroll up just a little, I answered this for someone else at 7:54 AM this morning (5/10). :)

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14802728/#Comment_14802728

• Options
    edited May 2016
    ok thank you needed tea and was still half asleep when you posted

• Options
    ok thank you needed tea and was still half asleep when you posted

I know, right? LOL! Pepsi going in here, as fast as I can drink it.

*Still* haven't installed 10 HERE, but, I'm about to. Been watching The Voice and waking up. About time to lock and load.
  • Options
    me i am drinking a cup of tea

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top