The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Thanks all... just a FYI, I did download all of 2.8.0 this morning... but I still haven't installed it yet. Spent my AM time in the forums instead, slept, and now it's work mode. One more time. They may not get SuperCashier. :D

I have to make one trip out tomorrow morning, around that, I hope to have time to load up 8 and check it out. Before I crash and burn. (I work tonight, and "sleep" is NOT on that list... I'll put it off as long as I can, but it always wins eventually.)

This is gonna be an intense week. I already know. LOL!
  • Options
    DeaderpoolDeaderpool Posts: 187 Member
    cfraser10 wrote: »
    So I found a possible bug that I think this might be a result of the most recent MC Command Center patch, but I'm not sure if it is a bug or intended this way:
    Since updating, whenever I try to use the "modify in cas" command after clicking on a sim, it no longer takes me to the normal full edit mode, even if full edit mode is on. It is working as intended by the new patch by only showing me the sim that I clicked on, and I can edit both clothing and body shape, but the entire upper left menu where you look at gender/name/trait/etc. is not there at all. I tried to find the "modify household in cas" that was mentioned in the patch notes to see if that would work as I wanted it to, but can't seem to find it anywhere in the menus I know of (mailbox, sim, or computer), so I ended up having to find a dresser, and it worked correctly at the dresser. This setup would work really well for reconfiguring outfits and such, but I really only wanted to go into cas to change the sim's name and traits. Is it supposed to not have that option available anymore from clicking on the sim, or is that a bug?
    It's not a bug. When you edit a single Sim with "Modify in CAS", it takes you to an "Edit only this Sim" mode. You can do full edit on that Sim as far as body changes and such, but you cannot change traits or names or things like that. For that type of editing, you would go into the "Sim Commands" on the Sim and use "Modify Household in CAS".

In 2.8.0, "Modify in CAS" is changed to only do single Sim-specific edit-mode because this allows users that are using the mods that allow more than 8 Sims in a household to edit their Sims.
  • Options
    calwred wrote: »
    not sure if this could help perhaps with me keeping some sims in shape, I know that that people come in all shapes and sizes, but not really that ken on overweight sims
    MC Appearance has options to set maximum stomach-size and things like that so you can allow generated Sims to fall within certain limits.
  • Options
    Missmagoo2 wrote: »
    Hey guys, I'm a noob when it comes to understanding mods, so bear with me.

Okay, I've downloaded the mc_cmd_center.package mod thing and lately I've noticed that I no longer have the option to edit my sims' relationships. A few days ago, I remember being able to click on another sim, click MC Command Center, Click on Sim Commands, and then chose the relationship between my sim and another. Now, I'm only given the option to chose to forget the sim or all active sims.

Should I go and try and re-downloading the mod? Or is this not an option anymore?
    You can edit a non-active Sim's relationship with the current active Sim. Is that what you're trying to do or are you trying to edit one active Sim's relationship with another active Sim in the same household? Because that has never been supported...
  • Options
    Hi @Deaderpool: I don't actually see a description of the woohoo module on the main site? Just a link to the site I can't get on to. Am I missing something?
    The link on MC Command Center takes you to the SXS website's page for the MC Woohoo download. At the top of that page is the download link I talked about. For people having problems getting to that specific download page, the other two things I mentioned always fixed it for them.
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,471 Member
    edited April 2016
    Deaderpool wrote: »
    Hi @Deaderpool: I don't actually see a description of the woohoo module on the main site? Just a link to the site I can't get on to. Am I missing something?
    The link on MC Command Center takes you to the SXS website's page for the MC Woohoo download. At the top of that page is the download link I talked about. For people having problems getting to that specific download page, the other two things I mentioned always fixed it for them.

OK, thanks. I'll check it out.
  • Options
    So on this last re-roll (prior game imploded, no bringing it back), I haven't really been as on top of everything as I used to try to stay. But today, I decided to look around at who's on my maps, fix flags, etc... adding the new with 2.8.0 Skills Rate Change flag to some, things like that.

I just checked on this couple with a kid who zoned in as already married/family:

2pr62l1.jpg

I have NEVER seen this happen before. A married couple that dislikes each other, and has NO romantic involvement??? He's Jealous... would that have anything to do with it?

I still need to go back and catch up on posts here and at MC's forum too... but this was too weird not to mention.
  • Options
    Nope, not seen anything like that... You could tell some good stories with them though... :D
  • Options
    TellexTellex Posts: 583 Member
    Just an idea here - could there be an 'accidental death' setting perhaps added (with persentage changes of how likely this is to happen)? :) So sims both part of the active household and unplayed sims had a chance of dying accidentally. Would add some aspect of drama for sure :)
    35i5blu.png
    My Simblr
    Current family tree

Origin ID: tellekinz
  • Options
    calwredcalwred Posts: 194 Member
    not sure if a setting could be made to allow the separating of a family if they go over the max 8 member family limit I have about 20 sims in a household counting the baby on the way, and wanted to move about 6-8 of them to a new home I created but game will not allow me to move them, might have to use tex mexi's remove sim from household to try to move sims to new home, not sure what it will do to relationship though
    [img][/img]192afc55f0f0d45fb7387a6809b7a0f1_zpsop9jbp0b.jpg
  • Options
    Tellex wrote: »
    Just an idea here - could there be an 'accidental death' setting perhaps added (with persentage changes of how likely this is to happen)? :) So sims both part of the active household and unplayed sims had a chance of dying accidentally. Would add some aspect of drama for sure :)
    I had an idea a ways back to add "Random acts of chaos". My intent was to add some of the random chaos that you'd get like from old Sim City games...everything on the lot would catch on fire, everything on the lot would break, things like that. The fires could give a random chance for death for different Sims on the lot if the danger of fires was raised, as has been done by some other mods.

I've been pulled from this but hope to get back to it at some point. I have several events on my list that could happen and at least this one could be deadly. I just liked how in Sim City, you'd think everything was just rolling along great and then BOOM! A disaster hits and you have to recover from it as quick as possible.
  • Options
    calwred wrote: »
    not sure if a setting could be made to allow the separating of a family if they go over the max 8 member family limit I have about 20 sims in a household counting the baby on the way, and wanted to move about 6-8 of them to a new home I created but game will not allow me to move them, might have to use tex mexi's remove sim from household to try to move sims to new home, not sure what it will do to relationship though
    There's a setting in MC Population for moving out single Sims. Basically, when a Teen matures to Young Adult, they are likely to move into an empty lot somewhere if one is available. If you don't have this setting enabled or if you don't have any available lots then it wouldn't do a lot for you. The limitations that have been put on larger than 8 households is one of the reasons why I don't have something built-in to MC Command Center itself for this functionality. I know there are a lot of people that use the mods that do increase the household size and I try to make it easier for them where I can (see the new "Modify in CAS" changes) but some things are not really easy to do that. Breaking-up households beyond the setting I've already implemented, I think, is an example of this.
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    edited April 2016
    I installed it to the mod folder and it did nothing ... no options on the computer.

Nevermind. figured it out.
  • Options
    tru504tru504 Posts: 4 New Member
    Hello I'm having issues with my Skills when I max the skills it only goes to lvl 4 for each skill.Also when i input 10 on a single skill it only reaches like 6 .But the in game notifications says Skill has reached lvl 10 {MC Command Center}
  • Options
    tru504 wrote: »
    Hello I'm having issues with my Skills when I max the skills it only goes to lvl 4 for each skill.Also when i input 10 on a single skill it only reaches like 6 .But the in game notifications says Skill has reached lvl 10 {MC Command Center}
    Are you using MC Command Center version 2.8.0? I rewrote all of the skill coding for 2.8.0. There's information about that in the 2.8.0 change log on the main MC Command Center description page.
  • Options
    Update coming soon. Check mts comments. Laptop in shop, on tablet. Im not hip. :p Hard to use.

Less clown, included. :D
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,752 Member
    Update coming soon. Check mts comments. Laptop in shop, on tablet. Im not hip. :p Hard to use.

I hope that your laptop is repaired and back for you to be able to use again very soon. Thanks for letting us know that there will be an update for the mod soon.
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

I hope that your laptop is repaired and back for you to be able to use again very soon. Thanks for letting us know that there will be an update for the mod soon.

I think it just needs a fan, hoping to get it back Monday. Switching from touch typing to using a stylus is painfully slow. Beats no net, but I am not loving the experience. Thanks for good thoughts!
  • Options
    FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    Would it be possible for someone to help me? After downloading the mod, I simply can't live without it, but I haven't updated it for some time, simply because I don't know how to do it properly :# Is there any specific way to do it, and would I have to set my settings again?

Hope I'm not being to annoying :blush:
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Options
    @Cuddleblaine: I'm quoting @egwarhammer here (always so helpful):
    "as long as you delete/reinstall all of the PACKAGE and TS4SCRIPT files, you can leave the rest in the folder to save your settings. "

Have fun! I don't think I could play now without this mod too :)
  • Options
    Thanks, @loubyloulou for helping @Cuddleblaine . Tablet and I are not friends. Glad to have net, but it is HARD for me to do much. Hoping like crazy laptop can come home tomorrow.

And I agree about MC, w/o it I would NOT be playing 4 any more. Too frustrating on too many levels, not fun IMO.

Oh cool, link! (Just figured out paste. :D )

Older version, but Cuddleblaine try this for install help:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/dz4nyy2ac2wsx72/March_6_tts_mc2.7.0__s115.pdf

Need more, let us know. I'm down, not OUT.

My 1st post on my laptop will be epic sized. I already know.
  • Options
    FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    @loubyloulou @egwarhammer Thank you so much both of you! :smiley:
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Options
    xxLeilaaxxLeilaa Posts: 57 Member
    I've got a question about the no culling option. I really love the possibilities MC gives me and I really enjoy the story progression. I disabled culling in my game now, but I wonder whether the game will now constantly keep adding Sims or will the adding of Sims stop at a certain amount? I do not want my Sims to be culled but I do not want to have 300 Sims living in my towns either, since I think my macbook won't be able to manage that. I've disabled the option for homeless Sims so if I understand it correctly there should only be so many Sims as houses can hold, right?
  • Options
    xxLeilaa wrote: »
    I've got a question about the no culling option. I really love the possibilities MC gives me and I really enjoy the story progression. I disabled culling in my game now, but I wonder whether the game will now constantly keep adding Sims or will the adding of Sims stop at a certain amount? I do not want my Sims to be culled but I do not want to have 300 Sims living in my towns either, since I think my macbook won't be able to manage that. I've disabled the option for homeless Sims so if I understand it correctly there should only be so many Sims as houses can hold, right?

No. Explain disabled homeless sims option? Game couldnt care less about full houses, it just dumps sims into unplayed/not in world windows anyway.

You cant turn them off, but setting maximum homeless to 20 or so DOES slow homeless generation way down, once reached. Only game-needed sims are made, then.

On tablet, sorry for being short. Cant type well on this beast. Laptop back later today, I hope. More after that. Trust me! LOL
  • Options
    xxLeilaaxxLeilaa Posts: 57 Member
    xxLeilaa wrote: »

No. Explain disabled homeless sims option? Game couldnt care less about full houses, it just dumps sims into unplayed/not in world windows anyway.

You cant turn them off, but setting maximum homeless to 20 or so DOES slow homeless generation way down, once reached. Only game-needed sims are made, then.

On tablet, sorry for being short. Cant type well on this beast. Laptop back later today, I hope. More after that. Trust me! LOL

Thank you for your respond. The homeless population was automatically set up at '-1' so I thought that would mean there were no homeless Sims, lol. Just changed it to 15 :)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top