The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    xxLeilaa wrote: »
    xxLeilaa wrote: »
    I've got a question about the no culling option. I really love the possibilities MC gives me and I really enjoy the story progression. I disabled culling in my game now, but I wonder whether the game will now constantly keep adding Sims or will the adding of Sims stop at a certain amount? I do not want my Sims to be culled but I do not want to have 300 Sims living in my towns either, since I think my macbook won't be able to manage that. I've disabled the option for homeless Sims so if I understand it correctly there should only be so many Sims as houses can hold, right?

No. Explain disabled homeless sims option? Game couldnt care less about full houses, it just dumps sims into unplayed/not in world windows anyway.

You cant turn them off, but setting maximum homeless to 20 or so DOES slow homeless generation way down, once reached. Only game-needed sims are made, then.

On tablet, sorry for being short. Cant type well on this beast. Laptop back later today, I hope. More after that. Trust me! LOL

Thank you for your respond. The homeless population was automatically set up at '-1' so I thought that would mean there were no homeless Sims, lol. Just changed it to 15 :)

Laptop's home! Burning up the keyboard right now. LOL! Happy woman, here.

-1 in that setting is the same as Unlimited. Any positive number, 15 is good (most seem to use 20, I go between 10 and 25 depending on what I'm doing, where I'm at in the game, etc). If there are less than 15 homeless windows in your unplayed/not in world bin, you'll see a drastic slowdown in non-essential sim production.

One hint, if you go to a park and the filter is full (homes of 15 or more already), you will still get a gardener (if you don't already have one or two), but you will not get a new fisherman. Gardeners have a "pass through" but fishermen do not. If that bothers you, either combine a household in your unplayed/not in world bin, or up the 15 to 16. Don't give it two windows, or you'll probably get a 3 person family, too, especially if there's a child (or maybe teen) in your active household.

• Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    Can someone please explain to me just how the dresser works. I never did get enough understanding of that one.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    Can someone please explain to me just how the dresser works. I never did get enough understanding of that one.

Let me say right off the bat that Dresser and I are NOT real close friends, so, if anybody wants to jump in here who's good at making it walk and talk, feel free. Error correction also appreciated.

Going from the worst memory in the world, I haven't patched yet, been on forums catching up since post nap/laptop return from shop. So I don't have anything to load up to look at for reference, right now, is my biggest reason for mentioning that.

I will also say, if you think it's bad NOW, you should've seen us before DP got all the nifty UI menus done. Command line edits. Not tons of fun. LOL!!

With all MC can do, it's actually pretty easy to whitelist and blacklist items. And to save outfits for use later. I suggest taking a sim into CAS, loading it up with stuff you love, and whitelist all of it. Then do the same for stuff you hate and never want to see again. Then save an outfit... then look with a text editor (I <3 notepad++) at your dresser config file, to see how they look. Pretty cool stuff. (I'm a nerd about file "guts".)

One note there, if you NEVER want to see ANY of a thing (I despise that eye-looking Left Index Ring females have), you can use Cleaner, not Dresser, to delete it across all sims. Shoes and glasses in sleep and swim categories... stuff like that, Cleaner is great for.

SOME items (categories) need an opposing-list item, to function properly. Hair is one. If you blacklist a style (and you have to blacklist each color separately), you MUST have at least one hair whitelisted for the blacklisting to remove/replace the "bad" one properly.

Check MTS, MC's documents page is epic. Under the spoiler buttons there is a wealth of info, examples, etc. Questions to comments are welcome, too. Deaderpool is VERY approachable.

I'm not saying I won't help you here, just that there's a lot more help than I can give you already available there. Play with it (roll a copy of your save if you're worried about breaking something... you won't, but I understand save-game-paranoia, for sure!), ask more questions, and let me know what you think.

Log outfit info is cool, check that out, too. Those are the numbers you'll also see in the dresser config file. Handy reference.

Protip, to use "change outfit," if you want to see the change happen, put your sim off to the left side of the screen, the menu box that comes up covers the center of the window.

Browse around, if you need or want more info, just let me know! :)

• Options
    DeaderpoolDeaderpool Posts: 187 Member

Let me say right off the bat that Dresser and I are NOT real close friends, so, if anybody wants to jump in here who's good at making it walk and talk, feel free. Error correction also appreciated.

Going from the worst memory in the world, I haven't patched yet, been on forums catching up since post nap/laptop return from shop. So I don't have anything to load up to look at for reference, right now, is my biggest reason for mentioning that.

I will also say, if you think it's bad NOW, you should've seen us before DP got all the nifty UI menus done. Command line edits. Not tons of fun. LOL!!

With all MC can do, it's actually pretty easy to whitelist and blacklist items. And to save outfits for use later. I suggest taking a sim into CAS, loading it up with stuff you love, and whitelist all of it. Then do the same for stuff you hate and never want to see again. Then save an outfit... then look with a text editor (I <3 notepad++) at your dresser config file, to see how they look. Pretty cool stuff. (I'm a nerd about file "guts".)

One note there, if you NEVER want to see ANY of a thing (I despise that eye-looking Left Index Ring females have), you can use Cleaner, not Dresser, to delete it across all sims. Shoes and glasses in sleep and swim categories... stuff like that, Cleaner is great for.

SOME items (categories) need an opposing-list item, to function properly. Hair is one. If you blacklist a style (and you have to blacklist each color separately), you MUST have at least one hair whitelisted for the blacklisting to remove/replace the "bad" one properly.

Check MTS, MC's documents page is epic. Under the spoiler buttons there is a wealth of info, examples, etc. Questions to comments are welcome, too. Deaderpool is VERY approachable.

I'm not saying I won't help you here, just that there's a lot more help than I can give you already available there. Play with it (roll a copy of your save if you're worried about breaking something... you won't, but I understand save-game-paranoia, for sure!), ask more questions, and let me know what you think.

Log outfit info is cool, check that out, too. Those are the numbers you'll also see in the dresser config file. Handy reference.

Protip, to use "change outfit," if you want to see the change happen, put your sim off to the left side of the screen, the menu box that comes up covers the center of the window.

All good suggestions. Only thing I really have to add is that if you're like I am and you only want the game to use outfits that you make and save yourself, there's a setting for that which I use almost exclusively, "Only Use Saved Outfits". You have to make a lot of outfits and save them for it to provide a variety in your town, but it's nice not seeing the goofy randomly generated outfits (except for career outfits that are sometimes still bonkers if they don't have a required uniform).
  • Options
    Deaderpool wrote: »

All good suggestions. Only thing I really have to add is that if you're like I am and you only want the game to use outfits that you make and save yourself, there's a setting for that which I use almost exclusively, "Only Use Saved Outfits". You have to make a lot of outfits and save them for it to provide a variety in your town, but it's nice not seeing the goofy randomly generated outfits (except for career outfits that are sometimes still bonkers if they don't have a required uniform).

Ok I see where I was getting confused! I thought the cleaner is where you could blacklist items. It was frustrating because the cleaner will only allow for you to choose one item type. As in glasses or hats, you can't have both. I get how the dresser works!

@egwarhammer If you referring to what was available in TS2, don't get me started! That was the reason as to why I Didn't download the dresser for the longest time!!!

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options

Ok I see where I was getting confused! I thought the cleaner is where you could blacklist items. It was frustrating because the cleaner will only allow for you to choose one item type. As in glasses or hats, you can't have both. I get how the dresser works!

@egwarhammer If you referring to what was available in TS2, don't get me started! That was the reason as to why I Didn't download the dresser for the longest time!!!

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options

Actually I was talking about the earlier versions of Dresser for THIS game. It was the first module he worked on, and he said if he'd known then what he knows now, that might have NOT been the case.

Dresser's always been a beast. You used to have to open the cheat window to enter any dresser commands. Royal pain, way better than nothing, though, and a total SNAP now, with the UI menus (snazzy!) done. Getting all of those done was what led to the change from the 1.0.xx numbering style over to 2.1.0 style. :) (random geek fact)

He thought he'd missed his window to make a version number change that different, I was like, nope, great time, DO IT! LOL So now we're in 2.x.x land. <3

If you look at the stuff under the Dresser button on MC's page, don't let the "wall of text" vibe worry you. It's not NEARLY that complicated to work with, in the game, now. That was all written back when we DID have to do things the long/hard way... still very relevant info, but mainly just for "working knowledge" you know?

I treat Dresser like google. I don't have to remember how to do things, just where to find the directions. :) There are lists there of body parts, outfit parts, etc, and another section has the Weekly Scheduled Alarms listed... I have all that kind of stuff copied/pasted to text files on my computer. Refer to the Schedule almost sim-daily, to get ready for incoming alarms, if I run whatever they handle.

Don't be afraid of it. Save your real game to your desktop and play the copy to your heart's content. If you break something (which I highly doubt, but it DOES happen sometimes... we did just get a new patch, anything is possible and it may not be YOUR error, right?), post the error message (and/or lastexception) either here or to MC's comments. We'll figure it out.
  • Options
    Also that isn't true about cleaner. You can clean as many items as you want, it's just a separate process for each entry.

Apologies for how big this picture is, but here are all the things I have Cleaner set to remove:

5qrr4.jpg

Shoes AND Hats in sleep and swimwear, Glasses also removed from those and Bathing (a test I was doing), and that nasty ring off ALL females!

It's a LITTLE complicated getting different category entries to "stick" because there's one part where you have to back up a menu to hit the SAVE button. If you don't do that, it doesn't take. But once you get an item or two to show up for you in the list, you'll have a much better idea of how it works.

Here's how what you see in the picture looks in my config file, btw:

"Cleaner_RemoveItemsType": "8:Sl.Sw,1:Sl.Sw,11:Sl.B.Sw,22:E.F.At.Sl.P.B.C.Si.Sp.Sw",

1 is hat, 8 is shoes, 11 is glasses, and 22 is that ring. (More nerd stuff, just so you have somewhere to look to see if things are happening like they should be.)

• Options
    AnnaberruAnnaberru Posts: 14 New Member
    After the latest patch removed my Mc Command Center, I've tried reinstalling it. However... I've gone into the game and re-enabled script mods and all other mods, checked that it's in the list, restarted the game, gone to control a sim and saved the game after typing MC_help, but the mc_settings.cfg doesn't show up.
    It's getting frustrating, because I want to edit it. What do I do?
  • Options
    Annaberru wrote: »
    After the latest patch removed my Mc Command Center, I've tried reinstalling it. However... I've gone into the game and re-enabled script mods and all other mods, checked that it's in the list, restarted the game, gone to control a sim and saved the game after typing MC_help, but the mc_settings.cfg doesn't show up.
    It's getting frustrating, because I want to edit it. What do I do?

Well, for one thing... start from the beginning. You can't post pictures yet, so, tell me what happens.

(Actually you can... post a jpg or png somewhere like tinypic and just break the link to get it to post here. We can fix it and see the photo.)

What do you mean your settings file doesn't show up? There isn't one in your /Mods/MC (wherever you keep it) folder?

What do you see... where are you looking... I really need more details.
  • Options
    And before you guys go thinking I'm brilliant or anything... I'm here NOW taking a break because I did a "bad" thing. Minor in the overall scheme of life, but, it's going to be a time-eater to fix.

This is why I usually do NOT take my mods out between patches. I forgot to put some of them back between reloads, and now none of my males have body hair. So, 120ish sim wardrobe run about to commence. May as well check 'em all, right?

Yes, all the (few, really... I did see a couple more I want to add while checking updates) mods I use are now back in, including the hair. Etc.

After patching the game, it took me six tries, amidst 2 game repairs, a folder refresh, and switching from my main save to a similar file MC's AutoSave had generated, before I could even PLAY my game, last night. Little annoyed at all the hoop-jumping, it's no wonder in the mod dance, I left some things out. Jeez.

And no, I decided I don't want to roll back my save. Did some cool stuff before I realized I'd messed up. It may be a happy accident, I need to do some CAS testing anyway. Now I have LOTS of volunteers! Spring wardrobes incoming, I guess.

:)

• Options
    MC 2.9.0 is up, and there's to much stuff for me to post here. Link to post:

http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=5012018#post5012018

Also check out the Change Log on the main page, for even MORE info than what's in the forum post.

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=551680

I've been up all night, I need a nap. Nowhere near sharp enough to bug-hunt, right now.

Got it all installed, but haven't looked at it in game yet. Test drive later.
  • Options
    AnnaberruAnnaberru Posts: 14 New Member
    > @egwarhammer said:
    > Annaberru wrote: »
    >
    > After the latest patch removed my Mc Command Center, I've tried reinstalling it. However... I've gone into the game and re-enabled script mods and all other mods, checked that it's in the list, restarted the game, gone to control a sim and saved the game after typing MC_help, but the mc_settings.cfg doesn't show up.
    > It's getting frustrating, because I want to edit it. What do I do?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Well, for one thing... start from the beginning. You can't post pictures yet, so, tell me what happens.
    >
    > (Actually you can... post a jpg or png somewhere like tinypic and just break the link to get it to post here. We can fix it and see the photo.)
    >
    > What do you mean your settings file doesn't show up? There isn't one in your /Mods/MC (wherever you keep it) folder?
    >
    > What do you see... where are you looking... I really need more details.

I'm looking in the recommended directory (Documents/Electronic arts/The sims 4/mods) But the file doesn't show.
    I see that the new version has come out, I'mma try installing that one the day after tomorrow, and hope that it works better for me.
    I really like the mod, so I'm hoping I can get it to work again.
  • Options
    CarryOnMyWaywardSonsCarryOnMyWaywardSons Posts: 393 Member
    Oh, cool! Looks like i'm updating to the latest version!
    mj4do4.gif
  • Options
    There's no update for the Woohooer, is there? Because if so I'd like to download that one as well.
    mj4do4.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    There's no update for the Woohooer, is there? Because if so I'd like to download that one as well.

Yes, there is. Can't post the link here (ratings, they're TOUCHY, probably rightly so, about that), but it's at sexysims. There's a link to it on MC's front page.

Or PM me if you need a direct link... or a gopher. Site has "you can't get there from here" issues sometimes, I already send woohoo to a small list of folks with roadblocks there.

NICE! Can't get this pic to upload to TinyPic (trouble there, evidently?)... so THIS is a pointer to a copy I uploaded to MTS, earlier. New trick. I'm going to like it. I can already tell.

Edit: too small and can't do anything to the picture like enlarge it... plan B, here's the link to the post at MTS. I'll try TinyPic again later. Maybe they're just busy.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?p=5012047#post5012047

/end edit

MC 2.9.0 installed (plus woohoo):

MTS_thumb_egwarhammer-1616961-mc2.9.0installed.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Woohoo! Pun intended. Downloaded and now I'm jumping back into the fray! I'm so glad you can change the child support values now because then I can make my player Sims' lives a bit more difficult for making the entire new generation of Sims in Willow Creek half-siblings :D

@egwarhammer
    mj4do4.gif
  • Options
    Woohoo! Pun intended. Downloaded and now I'm jumping back into the fray! I'm so glad you can change the child support values now because then I can make my player Sims' lives a bit more difficult for making the entire new generation of Sims in Willow Creek half-siblings :D

@egwarhammer

IKR? haha!! Fairly new hood, here (I restart pretty often), and I already have a pretty busy PT, my main has one alien (boy) child already, is now pregnant with number 2 alien boy child, and also Bjorn Bjergsen got "drafted" for the procreation cause by my overzealous PT. He's having a girl. O.o

Wondering if that will be a trend, OS-carrying. Abductions on High here, so we'll probably see.

But yeah I get that "small town, we're all related" vibe. I watch Days of our Lives, too. Everybody in Salem who isn't blood related has been married to each other at some point. Same thing. Haha!

Any issues? I'd find out more for myself, if I'd get off the net and go play.
    B)

BTW, still no joy at TinyPic. Dunno what's up there.
  • Options
    Also that isn't true about cleaner. You can clean as many items as you want, it's just a separate process for each entry.

Apologies for how big this picture is, but here are all the things I have Cleaner set to remove:

5qrr4.jpg

Shoes AND Hats in sleep and swimwear, Glasses also removed from those and Bathing (a test I was doing), and that nasty ring off ALL females!

It's a LITTLE complicated getting different category entries to "stick" because there's one part where you have to back up a menu to hit the SAVE button. If you don't do that, it doesn't take. But once you get an item or two to show up for you in the list, you'll have a much better idea of how it works.

"Cleaner_RemoveItemsType": "8:Sl.Sw,1:Sl.Sw,11:Sl.B.Sw,22:E.F.At.Sl.P.B.C.Si.Sp.Sw",

1 is hat, 8 is shoes, 11 is glasses, and 22 is that ring. (More nerd stuff, just so you have somewhere to look to see if things are happening like they should be.)

I saw that save option the other day and was shocked because I have NEVER seen that before. No clue how I got to it and I haven't been able to figure how I did it since.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options

@egwarhammer

I am SOOO excited that my request for the child support was done!!!! My gigolo Sim can woohoo until his hearts content and not have to worry about paying for the children he had with a married sim. Cuz you know the wife isn't going to say hey someone else fathered the baby your holding! Loading up my game to go and test it out!!!!

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    @GoddessSims I created a test Sim to go Try For Baby with Katrina Caliente, Bella Goth, and Summer Holiday (the No Strings part of the mod is a blessing!) and he got them all pregnant. Now he has to pay the default amount of Simoleons to each of their households because child support is set to only work if the Sims are not married. He's basically broke at this point LOL.
    mj4do4.gif
  • Options

5qrr4.jpg

I saw that save option the other day and was shocked because I have NEVER seen that before. No clue how I got to it and I haven't been able to figure how I did it since.

I see what you mean. (Just saved a new Cleaner entry to check this out.)

Here's the thing, the SAVE button doesn't show up UNLESS you're (already) working on adding an item to a category. When it's there, it comes up on the same Add Cleaner Choice window where Choose Clothing Part and Choose Outfits are.

TinyPic isn't letting me post pics tonight, let me know if you need more than this to find it.
  • Options

@egwarhammer

I am SOOO excited that my request for the child support was done!!!! My gigolo Sim can woohoo until his hearts content and not have to worry about paying for the children he had with a married sim. Cuz you know the wife isn't going to say hey someone else fathered the baby your holding! Loading up my game to go and test it out!!!!

Cool feeling, being included, isn't it? My jaw hit the floor when he thanked me in the credits section. Warm fuzzy for days over that. <3
  • Options
    @GoddessSims I created a test Sim to go Try For Baby with Katrina Caliente, Bella Goth, and Summer Holiday (the No Strings part of the mod is a blessing!) and he got them all pregnant. Now he has to pay the default amount of Simoleons to each of their households because child support is set to only work if the Sims are not married. He's basically broke at this point LOL.

LOL You must have had the risk percentage pretty high. I have mine set at 15 and it hardly ever happens. I just had my Sim stick to the married Sim because I didn't want him to have to child support or get married. Zoe and Bella both broke his heart and Mortimer still he thinks he father three kids with Bella. I haven't had a chance to test how it all works in game yet, but I can't wait to be able to. Hopefully I will get some time after a little bit.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top