The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    raemariek wrote: »
    Hello, You may have already answered this question, but what do you do when you get .pyo or .pyc, etc. I know they have been unzipped, but how do you prevent that from happening? Or how do you re-zip them. I am a mac user. Thank you!
    Hi! These files should be left zipped up. This can be done using programs such as winrar, winzip, or 7zip. You'll have to google them since I'm not sure which of these have Mac versions available.
    MC Command Center files should give you .ts4script and .package files. These should be put into the mods folder after being unzipped.
  • Options
    raemariekraemariek Posts: 88 Member
    Thank you @Pegasus143
  • Options
    Lostangele7Lostangele7 Posts: 25 Member
    So I just updated my game, re enabled my mod but can't see the MC command center option does this mean I have to reinstall it ?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,636 Member
    I have a question about cleaning up "homeless ghosts". Which ghosts get left behind, other than the ones living in a household? Would this cull out dead Sims from genealogy if I haven't moved their ghosts in?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    MHsimsFanMHsimsFan Posts: 154 Member
    Maybe this is an obvious question but I was wondering if the setting you set in game carry over to all saves. I am playing a legacy family and there are certain settings I would like to leave one way but am thinking about starting another "world" but would like to give rotational play a try so the settings would be different. Thanks.
  • Options
    DeaderpoolDeaderpool Posts: 187 Member
    edited April 2016
    MHsimsFan wrote: »
    Maybe this is an obvious question but I was wondering if the setting you set in game carry over to all saves. I am playing a legacy family and there are certain settings I would like to leave one way but am thinking about starting another "world" but would like to give rotational play a try so the settings would be different. Thanks.
    Yeah, the settings carry over to every game. If you want to use one set of settings for one game and one set for another, there is MC Settings Profiler that is also available at MTS in the MC Command Center file list, if you are a Windows user. It allows you to define a "profile" like "Normal Game" and use one set of settings for that. You can then have another profile like "Legacy Game" and have a different set of settings.
  • Options
    I have a question about cleaning up "homeless ghosts". Which ghosts get left behind, other than the ones living in a household? Would this cull out dead Sims from genealogy if I haven't moved their ghosts in?
    "Homeless" ghosts are any Sims that do not show-up in the Manage Households list as living in a household so any other Sims from genealogy or anywhere else that doesn't fall into that category are going to be deleted. MC Cheat-type deletes are for deleting everything. If you want to use other types of deletes, you should use ghost cleaning from MC Cleaner or something along those lines. If you use that, you would just want to flag the ghost Sims that you want to keep from your genealogy as "Never Cull". That's how I keep my family tree intact.
  • Options
    So I just updated my game, re enabled my mod but can't see the MC command center option does this mean I have to reinstall it ?
    I would recommend looking at the troubleshooting PDF included with the MC Command Center files and follow the steps listed in that.
  • Options
    Monkinonk wrote: »
    Hey, I got directed to this thread (yay!) so I'm just going to copy and paste my original question!

I just downloaded the latest version (since I was behind whoops) but every time I try to change the pregnancy duration, the MC pop-up closes and the game continues to play instead of giving me a pop-up to type in the duration, it seems to be the only part that does this so far. It's likely something I did wrong, but I'm not sure what. Does anyone know or has anyone seen this before?

Will try reinstalling the entire mod tonight though!
    If this is still happening with 2.8.0, if you want to look in the mc_cmd_center.log file, it should be giving an error when this happens. You can post that on the MTS MC Command Center comment thread and I'd be glad to look into it. If it's not still happening in 2.8.0, it means I've already fixed it. Yay! ;)
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,471 Member
    I see 2.8.0 is up. Yay! Would a kind soul be prepared to PM me a Dropbox link to the 2.8.0 risky woohoo module? For some reason, I've never been able to get onto the site where it lives (and yes, I'm weeelllll over 18!). Egwarhammer usually Dropboxes it to me but I've not seen her around for a while and don't want to bother her if she's dealing with RL things.
  • Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    @loubyloulou I pm'd you.
  • Options
    @Pegasus143 - Ah, awesome! Thanks so much! :):)
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,636 Member
    Deaderpool wrote: »
    "Homeless" ghosts are any Sims that do not show-up in the Manage Households list as living in a household so any other Sims from genealogy or anywhere else that doesn't fall into that category are going to be deleted. MC Cheat-type deletes are for deleting everything. If you want to use other types of deletes, you should use ghost cleaning from MC Cleaner or something along those lines. If you use that, you would just want to flag the ghost Sims that you want to keep from your genealogy as "Never Cull". That's how I keep my family tree intact.

Perfect! Thanks.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    I see 2.8.0 is up. Yay! Would a kind soul be prepared to PM me a Dropbox link to the 2.8.0 risky woohoo module? For some reason, I've never been able to get onto the site where it lives (and yes, I'm weeelllll over 18!). Egwarhammer usually Dropboxes it to me but I've not seen her around for a while and don't want to bother her if she's dealing with RL things.
    For future reference, the download error is a common problem with that site. From what I've heard, you can always get around it by refreshing until it goes away or clearing your browser cache. But, I have an alternative link at the top of the MC Woohoo description page that is a dropbox download for people that want to use that.
  • Options
    @Deaderpool: thanks very much, good to know :)
  • Options
    cfraser10cfraser10 Posts: 41 Member
    So I found a possible bug that I think this might be a result of the most recent MC Command Center patch, but I'm not sure if it is a bug or intended this way:
    Since updating, whenever I try to use the "modify in cas" command after clicking on a sim, it no longer takes me to the normal full edit mode, even if full edit mode is on. It is working as intended by the new patch by only showing me the sim that I clicked on, and I can edit both clothing and body shape, but the entire upper left menu where you look at gender/name/trait/etc. is not there at all. I tried to find the "modify household in cas" that was mentioned in the patch notes to see if that would work as I wanted it to, but can't seem to find it anywhere in the menus I know of (mailbox, sim, or computer), so I ended up having to find a dresser, and it worked correctly at the dresser. This setup would work really well for reconfiguring outfits and such, but I really only wanted to go into cas to change the sim's name and traits. Is it supposed to not have that option available anymore from clicking on the sim, or is that a bug?
  • Options
    Hi @Deaderpool: I don't actually see a description of the woohoo module on the main site? Just a link to the site I can't get on to. Am I missing something?
  • Options
    glorificaglorifica Posts: 258 Member
    Hi @Deaderpool: I don't actually see a description of the woohoo module on the main site? Just a link to the site I can't get on to. Am I missing something?

heres the direct link, if the site won't work for you. i've been having the same problem, sometimes it takes a while.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0a7e67nhpph39m4/MCWoohoo_ScriptAndPackage_2_8_0.zip?dl=0
    simming on through.
  • Options
    glorifica wrote: »

heres the direct link, if the site won't work for you. i've been having the same problem, sometimes it takes a while.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0a7e67nhpph39m4/MCWoohoo_ScriptAndPackage_2_8_0.zip?dl=0

Thanks very much :)
  • Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Hey guys, I'm a noob when it comes to understanding mods, so bear with me.

Okay, I've downloaded the mc_cmd_center.package mod thing and lately I've noticed that I no longer have the option to edit my sims' relationships. A few days ago, I remember being able to click on another sim, click MC Command Center, Click on Sim Commands, and then chose the relationship between my sim and another. Now, I'm only given the option to chose to forget the sim or all active sims.

Should I go and try and re-downloading the mod? Or is this not an option anymore?
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    calwredcalwred Posts: 194 Member
    not sure if this could help perhaps with me keeping some sims in shape, I know that that people come in all shapes and sizes, but not really that ken on overweight sims
    [img][/img]192afc55f0f0d45fb7387a6809b7a0f1_zpsop9jbp0b.jpg
  • Options
    JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member
    cfraser10 wrote: »
    So I found a possible bug that I think this might be a result of the most recent MC Command Center patch, but I'm not sure if it is a bug or intended this way:
    Since updating, whenever I try to use the "modify in cas" command after clicking on a sim, it no longer takes me to the normal full edit mode, even if full edit mode is on. It is working as intended by the new patch by only showing me the sim that I clicked on, and I can edit both clothing and body shape, but the entire upper left menu where you look at gender/name/trait/etc. is not there at all. I tried to find the "modify household in cas" that was mentioned in the patch notes to see if that would work as I wanted it to, but can't seem to find it anywhere in the menus I know of (mailbox, sim, or computer), so I ended up having to find a dresser, and it worked correctly at the dresser. This setup would work really well for reconfiguring outfits and such, but I really only wanted to go into cas to change the sim's name and traits. Is it supposed to not have that option available anymore from clicking on the sim, or is that a bug?

Hi, did you just download the newest version of this? if so you might want to go into the "computer" again and check your settings, I know that when I have updated to the latest mod some of the options reset to default and I seem to remember cas full edit mode to be one of them that you need to turn on again...

Hope this helps
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Oh, geez, guys, I am so sorry!!

About 39 messages behind, it's been 3 weeks or so since I've been here. Consider this an anchor post, I wanted to at least let you guys know I'm still alive and kicking... just not too high. LOL!

RL blew up (so did a game file, but meh to that...), my husband's mother (lives next door, duplex we share) had a partial knee-replacement surgery done, and it's been wild around here as she's progressed through recovery. She's getting around better now, and tonight is my last work night for this week, so starting tomorrow, I'm going to be back in catch-up techie/cheerleader mode again.

I do have a couple of things to do "out" (ew ick sunlight... says the vampire) this week, but otherwise, I intend to ride the net wave as much as I can stay awake for, while I'm off. I've missed it!

General PS, if I'm missing any new requests from people who need a direct link to woohoo, PM me, I've sent it to the 2 from here I know of already, and don't mind sharing it with anybody who can't get onto that site.

Expect more... :)
  • Options
    Glad to see you back :)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,752 Member
    Hello @egwarhammer :) It is great that you are back on the forums. It is kind and caring of you to help and support your husband's mother as she recovers from her surgery. I am glad that her recovery is going well.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top