Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can anyone suggest good image hosting websites?

SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
Since Photobucket f'd themselves hard I need a new site. Anyone can recommend anything with no limits or with a large amount of data limit?
Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)

Comments

• Options
    PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    I use tinypic. You can't upload lots of photos at the same time but you can upload multiple photos in a row for free. I don't think there is a limit, if there is I've never encountered it. You don't need an account to post. The only inconvenience is you have to confirm you're human by typing in codes every now and then.
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Flickr is what I've been using for years. 1TB limit free.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Vici0us_VirusVici0us_Virus Posts: 3,076 Member
    Such a hot topic rite now, I recomend a flash drive, or maaaaybe (imagur) I think thats how it's spelled...
    Anywho good luck...
  • Options
    Flickr is what I've been using for years. 1TB limit free.

Yeah I saw that 1tb limit. Going with flickr. How do you get the image link though?
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Such a hot topic rite now, I recomend a flash drive, or maaaaybe (imagur) I think thats how it's spelled...
    Anywho good luck...
    I have thousands of sims pics to transfer now :D Photobucket will so go down. No one's gonna pay that money and they're gonna even lose the money they're getting now cause users are leaving. Such an i.diotic move. Yeah it's unpleasant for the users but we can upload the pics to somehwere else. Photobucket aren't gonna survive this though.

• Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    @Simpkin, I am so with you on that. I just found out this morning when checking my mail. I'd love to give two middle fingers up to Photobucket right now but I think I will wait until I get nine years of sims photos transferred somewhere else first. I can't believe they did this, I also hope Photobucket dies, what a st.00.pid move. :s
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I am in the same boat. I only uploaded pictures of The Sims to Photobucket, but it is still incredibly annoying. And I will certainly not pay Photobucket ransom money because they think it is an acceptable business practice to hold my pictures hostage.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    @Simpkin, I am so with you on that. I just found out this morning when checking my mail. I'd love to give two middle fingers up to Photobucket right now but I think I will wait until I get nine years of sims photos transferred somewhere else first. I can't believe they did this, I also hope Photobucket dies, what a st.00.pid move. :s

I found out when I came on here and saw my pic in my signature that was replaced by that dang image. Went over to my sims blog straight away and saw the disaster. Ughhh.
  • Options
    I am in the same boat. I only uploaded pictures of The Sims to Photobucket, but it is still incredibly annoying. And I will certainly not pay Photobucket ransom money because they think it is an acceptable business practice to hold my pictures hostage.

Yeah, I only had Sims pics there aswell. if it had been my personal stuff I would have been devastated but I still have a lot work to do, years worth of pics to reupload.
  • Options
    Vici0us_VirusVici0us_Virus Posts: 3,076 Member
    I know this isn't a solution by any means, however I'd say it's apicture worth $400 dollars...
    The Big payback: After transferring your pics, take a selfie holding $400 cash.
    Send it to the management titled: paid in fool
    For greater affect photo bomb ur selfie with, your new image host logo behind the cash...

lol I've had no sleep for 34 hrs. now, the coffee's strong with meh... :#
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,286 Member
    I'm glad now that I went with imgur to upload my pictures due to PB having issues with their site earlier this year. So I went with imgur to upload my pictures so that I could share them as I didn't want to wait for PB to be fixed. And I'm also glad that I am with imgur because about a month or 2 ago when I tried to sign into PB, it wouldn't allow me in... :#
  • Options
    I know this isn't a solution by any means, however I'd say it's apicture worth $400 dollars...
    The Big payback: After transferring your pics, take a selfie holding $400 cash.
    Send it to the management titled: paid in fool
    For greater affect photo bomb ur selfie with, your new image host logo behind the cash...

lol I've had no sleep for 34 hrs. now, the coffee's strong with meh... :#

I don't have 400 in cash, not even digitally on my bank account :D I'd do it though.
  • Options
    CitySimmer16CitySimmer16 Posts: 331 Member
    I use imgur, you can make albums and everything!
    FFCOojX.gif
  • Options
    I can't sign up to imgur for some reason.
    What's the limit on it?
  • Options
    One more thing I don't get is, do they even realize what they are doing? A lot of forums are now displaying their annoying picture replacement, which can only be described as negative advertising. No none who has seen this would ever consider joining Photobucket. So they are losing a bunch of customers, which means less revenue froms ads and gain a lot less new customers than they would have otherwise. What's the point? Can only be trying to capitalize on desperate people. That's so incredibly lame.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required

we all try ...
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    I actually use google photos nowadays.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    One more thing I don't get is, do they even realize what they are doing? A lot of forums are now displaying their annoying picture replacement, which can only be described as negative advertising. No none who has seen this would ever consider joining Photobucket. So they are losing a bunch of customers, which means less revenue froms ads and gain a lot less new customers than they would have otherwise. What's the point? Can only be trying to capitalize on desperate people. That's so incredibly lame.

They did a maintenance one time a few years back without any warning and my forum was all messed up cause pics were down. I already concidered leaving back then. I should have.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Simpkin wrote: »

They did a maintenance one time a few years back without any warning and my forum was all messed up cause pics were down. I already concidered leaving back then. I should have.

You are right, but I made the same mistake. First of all I already had all my pictures on there but second of all I also thought as long as they get it back to work, no harm done. Serves me right for sticking with those losers. :D

we all try ...
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I didn't even notice since I was at the limit for pb I wasn't checking it then I saw a different thread mentioned it, I have used imgr and didn't have problems with it but I only used it a few times not many pics there then there is post image and they technically don't have a limit but there is a FAQ that says if you use too much they'll contact you to discuss what to do so I stopped using them flickr works for me now ah...but my old builds and cas pics most of those were on pb and they are lost on an old flashdrive that I will probably have to reset anyways to use on new computer oh well.

With flickr there is probably another way but I just click the picture in camera roll then right click what pops up to open image in new tab and copy that url into the little photo sign for posting. I think someone asked I'm a bit out of it without my caffiene ha. I'll get over the lost pictures but since I apparently didn't save those old families I'll still miss the pics a little bit.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    Ok, I was a bit torn between Flickr and Imgur, but decided to go with Imgur. It's pretty easy to use actually, I tested it by editing two of my older posts.

we all try ...
  • Options
    TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    edited June 2017
    What's the limit on it?

There are absolutely NO limits on Imgur, outside of the typical policies image hosting sites have.
    You get unlimited storage, and your pictures will never expire as long as you're hosting them on an account you create for free. They have a really simple anti-bot tool in place if you plan to upload images in large bulk, but don't worry, it's just a one-click captcha module to verify you not botting.

Also, what's the reason you're unable to sign up?
    // take me back to 2018.
  • Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    Is this only being implemented to certain accounts or something? I haven't checked all of the photos I've uploaded here, but one I posted the other day is still showing up (seen here, 4th post down) and that was posted with Photobucket.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    Trowicia wrote: »
    What's the limit on it?

There are absolutely NO limits on Imgur, outside of the typical policies image hosting sites have.
    You get unlimited storage, and your pictures will never expire as long as you're hosting them on an account you create for free. They have a really simple anti-bot tool in place if you plan to upload images in large bulk, but don't worry, it's just a one-click captcha module to verify you not botting.

Also, what's the reason you're unable to sign up?
    Alright thanks for the info. When I have fille dout all the needed fields and click next or submit or whatever it says it goes to a new page but doesn't load.
    Is this only being implemented to certain accounts or something? I haven't checked all of the photos I've uploaded here, but one I posted the other day is still showing up (seen here, 4th post down) and that was posted with Photobucket.
    My forum is okay too for some reason. But my blog is gone.

• Options
    MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    Some people are currently not affected, which is why you can still see, upload, and post your photos. However, you should definitely jump ship now rather than waiting for the inevitable blocking. I use Photobucket to host my side images that I don't want on Flickr, and they too are still showing atm, but I'm not taking any chances since I did get an email saying my 3rd party hosting has been blocked.

I wanted to move them to Imgur anyways, so this is the perfect excuse, but I really wish it didn't affect old pictures. All old threads that use Photobucket are now going to be broken. History, gone, because they decided to be greedy. :/
  • Options
    TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    edited June 2017
    Some people are currently not affected, which is why you can still see, upload, and post your photos. However, you should definitely jump ship now rather than waiting for the inevitable blocking. I use Photobucket to host my side images that I don't want on Flickr, and they too are still showing atm, but I'm not taking any chances since I did get an email saying my 3rd party hosting has been blocked.

I wanted to move them to Imgur anyways, so this is the perfect excuse, but I really wish it didn't affect old pictures. All old threads that use Photobucket are now going to be broken. History, gone, because they decided to be greedy. :/

Yeah, pretty dumb move if you ask me. Better alternatives such as Flickr & Imgur are already out here making them pretty much irrelevant and outlines the bad qualities they carry.

I tried Tinypic for a while but eventually had to abandon that one years ago too because they would replace your image uploads with something else someone else uploaded. Not sure how it works now but that was the case for me a while ago.
    // take me back to 2018.