March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A complete Forum Tutorial.

06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
edited November 2018 in Forum Ideas & Feedback
Welcome to The Sims Forums!

This is a complete tutorial/ guide with pictures that will explain how to use the forum and every aspect of it.

Before we begin, I'd like to redirect you to the Member thread. You'll find everything you need to know about becoming a member in the first post.
The forum rules are located Here.
The basics

You will be greeted with the homepage when you enter, from where you can navigate to any place desired
The categories are listed on when you are on the homepage, scroll down and enter a category where you like to read, post or discuss.
6c85vrx8ahol.jpg

Discussions is right next to Categories. This is where you'll find all of the important topics that have been stickied as well topics that are currently being discussed across the forum.
Discussions_zps23unsm5m.jpg

The Activity page is where you can see recent posts users have made to their profiles. You can like them, lol or comment. You can even make your own post from there. The leader boards on the right are for the users earning the most points. The top board is a weekly board and resets every Sunday while the bottom one is all time and the scores keep going up.
Activity_zpswbuao70d.jpg

Best Of... is where you'll find comments that have gotten a lot of likes, lols or on the rare occasion a promote from a guru.
Bestof..._zpsjtlxqx6r.jpg

Post edited by EA_David on

Comments

• DariuDariu Posts: 3,120 Member
    let me help you construct it
    i'll go prepare the mold and measurements
    lets get this thread up and running
  • MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    What a nice idea. Kudos @06Bon06
    tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited January 2015
    Oh, good. I'm glad you picked this up. I started one early on and then the forums changed. I started again, and then they changed again.

I have a bunch of numbered images, some with descriptions and instructions if that's useful.

Link: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/811310/old-forum-instructions-stuff-please-let-it-sink?new=1

@SimGuruBChick, this is why we need spoiler tags.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • Crunchie885Crunchie885 Posts: 529 Member
    Omg these posts are on fire tho....

I wish I had this when I first became a member here :/
    #ConfusedToNoEnd
  • ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    I was so expecting sarcastic remarks up the endoskeleton...

But seriously, good job on this compilation of tutorials!
  • knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    ENolan wrote: »
    I was so expecting sarcastic remarks up the endoskeleton...

But seriously, good job on this compilation of tutorials!

My Sarcasm chips off today ;)
  • AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    edited January 2015
    A very helpful thread for our beloved new members, kudos Bon and to those who contributed as well! :D

Have a coffee and a warm pat on back for all your hardwork,
    Hot-Coffee-coffee-24526047-128-128.png
    btw it's brewed with pure Precious. ;)
    muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Thanks everyone
    @AnnePlays‌ Thank you for the precious coffee :)
    @greenXen‌ Thank you :) I'll have a look at it ^^ I have all the pictures already. Just need to finish writing it all. These two parts took me about and hour and a half yesterday. So I just posted it.

I'll continue writing a bit later today :)
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Great work everyone :)
  • WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    edited May 2015
    Should've been EA's job! :/
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
    Farrousy wrote: »
    Should've been EA's job! :/

I don't mind ^^
    Yya! my pictures are showing up again... now I can continue
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,615 Member
    Sometimes guides made by users are the best, because we're users. We know what we'd need :) Bon's are awesome.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    Sometimes guides made by users are the best, because we're users. We know what we'd need :) Bon's are awesome.

Thank you <3
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I forgot there were best of and recent activity sections. I must not spam so much, scary being on a couple lists. How the plum did I earn so many points? I still got lost in forums Bon, so thank you for helping me get less lost. Odd there are only 16 countries represented for this site. Anyway nice job with the guide Bon.

The mod section of the forums is nice too. I like going to these two forum areas when having trouble with mods: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/technical-discussions and when looking for mods: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/mods Nice resource for finding mod and CC tools on this site: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/tutorials-and-tools-
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited May 2015
    Good idea! Generally the noobies are polite, just wish they'd stop necroing threads.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    edited June 2015
    Is this thread still under construction, completed, or obsolete? It's got a rather confusing title for a stickied announcement. If it's a valid guide, then the title wants changing so that new users don't simply ignore it believing it to be WIP. If it really didn't ever get finished then it wants unstickied.
    IngeJones wrote: »
    Is this thread still under construction, completed, or obsolete? It's got a rather confusing title for a stickied announcement. If it's a valid guide, then the title wants changing so that new users don't simply ignore it believing it to be WIP. If it really didn't ever get finished then it wants unstickied.

Hi there, I apologise for the inconvenience. Unfortunately I have been having problems with the pictures showing up the last few times I wanted to finish it, I can see some pictures are not showing up, once again. I definitely try again later today, maybe by adding the forum pictures to another photo hosting site.
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Ah fair enough, it didn't just die from neglect then :D
    IngeJones wrote: »
    Ah fair enough, it didn't just die from neglect then :D

Not at all lol
    As you can see, I'm nearly finished as things have been going really well today ^^ Thanks for egging me on, sometimes I need that lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited June 2015
    Wow! Nice job Bon! There was even some stuff here that helped me out too!
    (I didn't know how to edit color and size).
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • simsluvr90simsluvr90 Posts: 3,030 Member
    you should make one for chatter box

maybe the admin will give you a promote
    @ZSims601
    Yay! Glad it's understandable and I could teach you something new ^^

@simsluvr90
    I was thinking about that as it's basically the same as this one, it will only need new pictures..