Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 3 Creative Corner

Comments

• Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    It isn't even like it is a difficult request. :disappointed:
    Perhaps we just haven't " social media 'd " enough or something.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    @Pary - difficult or not, ignoring people isn't very nice! Bekkasan tried the social media route and still got nothing.

Maybe we have to wait 2.5 years from the initial request to see any action?
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@ZeeGee I think it is awesome of you and your friend to provide a haven for Sims3 story tellers that want their own creative corner. I think they owe us one here though or at least the decency of a response one way or another. I know I share a lot of my stories over in general on the 'what happened in your game today' thread, but, it is not the same as being able to link someone the entire story thread. I may have segments on page 70, 100, 150 etc. I don't blog so that is not an option for me. I'm wondering if @simgurudrake is still in charge of the forums considering the ignoring that has gone on despite being tagged, PM'd and twitted to.

This is the OFFICIAL Sims forums and should have a section for each of us. Sims4 simmers are posting pics and links to GALLERY uploads in the EXCHANGE thread because a) they don't know the dif between gallery and exchage. b) it is in the all inclusive creative area c)they don't bother to read the title of the thread. d) they don't care. e) sims 3 simmers are rarely using it now :( .

Sims4 has their own creative corner, so does Sims2, we need our own here @simgurudrake, @SimGuruLyndsay.
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,363 Member
    @bekkasan Thank you, and I completely agree that they should give us a Sims 3 creative corner here. I'm just upset that we have been completely ignored so tried to do something about it. My intentions were good. I want to go somewhere and look at sims 3 stuff. The one at the top (I'm not even going to call it Sims 3) has been so overrun for ages most Sims 3 players don't go there anymore. The 'what happened' thread moves so fast that I can't keep up with it.

Taking away our Sims 3 Creative Corner still makes no sense and the unfairness of it all makes me angry. Especially this 'radio silence' that we have received. They haven't pushed me towards Sims 4. They have pushed me away from it, and away from any further game they might put out. POOR customer service, just POOR.

Now I have to go work a 12 hour shift so y'all have a great day. :)
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @ZeeGee , I think it's wonderful of you to do this, and I think I will join your forum and make a copy of my story threads there.

But I still think the forum moderators should also give us our own Creative Corner here. As many people have pointed out, it doesn't seem like a big thing to ask!

I've already posted in this thread twice and I don't want to repeat myself, but I remembered a new angle to approach this:

Although the Sims 3 is not the version that's currently being produced, it is still a version that's currently being sold. I have, for example, only started playing the game in 2015, and I haven't bought all the EPs and SPs yet, or all of the store content. New players like me keep coming into the Sims 3 General Discussion forum, asking for advice on which EPs to get.

I'm gradually buying more and more content, and it's actually stories and screenshots by my fellow players that keep making me want to buy more. Player-created content is the best possible advertisment a game could get. The official promo pictures for the various EPs look beautiful, but pictures by someone who is enjoying playing the game mean much more than pictures by someone who wants to sell it. I wasn't interested in the Lucky Palms world, for example, until I saw another player's pictures of lovely sunrises and sunsets in that world.

tl;dr: many of us are still buying Sims 3 content, and a Sims 3 Creative Corner would definitely encourage us to buy more. Our own space to play in would benefit us, but I believe it would also benefit EA. And, once again, it's such a small thing to ask for!
  • Options
    wecantpickanamewecantpickaname Posts: 1,129 Member
    Haha! Wow! I am back after a 4 year hiatus. My sims 3 games work just fine.
  • Options
    mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    Personally, I don't like the idea of yet further segregating the Sims creative community by having all the Creative Corners split up via game underneath each game section -- that is, one under Sims 2, one under Sims 3 (if they ever made one), and one under Sims 4. As it is now, it is already incredibly annoying for me to have to constantly jump between two Stories and Legacies sections (general Stories and Legacies and Sims 4 Stories and Legacies) to use all the resources and threads that I enjoy -- and many of the ones in Sims 4 Stories and Legacies -- get this -- have nothing to do with Sims 4, they are for any and all authors of Simlit, and by being in that section, are likely being missed by many people. I'm a Sims 3 author, and am over there constantly using these great tools.

As a librarian, and someone that knows a bit about organization, I think the best way to handle the Creative Corner would be to have a main forum for each of the respective sections (say, Modeling, Builds, Stories and Legacies, etc... basically, like we already have established). This main forum should NOT just be a name "placeholder" like they tend to like to do but actually be an active forum where people can post, and is a place that all versions of the Sims creative community can come together; topics such as "how do you get inspiration for your builds?" could go in the general building forum, as that is something that goes into the artistic merits of building and can apply to all builders beyond "what game" they are playing, or "what tips do you have for writing a good legacy?" likewise in the general Stories and Legacies forum. Modeling competitions that take entries from any Sims game would be a welcome addition in the general Modeling forum, etc. All those useful Simlit threads like the Reading Circles, Simlit guide, etc., would also be best in the general Stories and Legacies forum.

Then, at the TOP of each of these, there should be a section of SUB-FORUMS for each game: Sims 2 Builds, Sims 3 Builds, Sims 4 Builds, etc. for each category (same for modeling, same for Stories and Legacies, etc.) This way the creative community stays integrated and together, rather than split up all over the forums by game, but ALSO has a little spot within the creative forums, where they can post their creations by game-type to make it easier for organizational purposes to find that content. That way if someone plays a certain version of Sims and wants just builds from that version, they know where to look. If someone has a story site that only has stories using one version of the game, they could put their update thread in the correct version of the Stories and Legacies sub-forum.

To me, this is the dream: integrating the creative community, while still allowing each player their own sandboxes to post content. Will it ever happen? I don't have high hopes of that, but I think it would be lovely.
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,288 Member
    edited March 2017
    @mastressalita, According to a thread that @SimguruDrake had made last June 2016, she posted that supposedly the TS4 Creative Corner will be merged into it's own Creative Corner section along side creative sections for Sims 2 and Sims 3.
    From the way I'm reading this, it sounds like to me that the plan is to move TS2/TS4 Creative Corner sections and place them in the existing Creative Corner at the top of this site but that they would be in their own separate sections of the Creative Corner. So what your asking for may still happen if SGDrake or the moderators ever do what SGDrake had posted last year. We just want her to come here and tell us if this is still doable since we are approaching a year since she made this thread and we still don't have a Creative Corner for TS3 in the Creative Corner section yet.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/891676/changes-coming-to-the-forums#latest
    •The Sims 4 Creative Corner will be merged into it's own Creative Corner section along side creative sections for Sims 2 and Sims 3. We really want to help highlight our creative community in one space instead of separating by which version you are playing on. - IN PROGRESS

Personally, I don't like the idea of yet further segregating the Sims creative community by having all the Creative Corners split up via game underneath each game section -- that is, one under Sims 2, one under Sims 3 (if they ever made one), and one under Sims 4.
    So if the above comment made by SGDrake ever happens, then there won't be any segregation going on in the 3 different Sims version section as they all would be in one Creative Corner with their own section up there. As it is now, I refuse to visit the Creative Corner because I am not interested in The Sims 4 and I never will be as I love The Sims 3 and it's open world and CASt and the freedom to play this game the way that I want to play.

We just feel that the Gurus/Moderators are now ignoring us and treating TS3 and the players as the red-head stepchildren now that TS4 has come out and they don't care about our feelings for a game that we love and adore. They would rather cater to the TS4 players and grant them their every wish and turn their noses up at the TS3 players. Or at least that's what it seem like to me.

Post edited by lisasc360 on
  • Options
    PalmArrow wrote: »
    @ZeeGee , I think it's wonderful of you to do this, and I think I will join your forum and make a copy of my story threads there. !

Awesome. Look forward to seeing your stories over there. :)
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    Thank you very much, @ZeeGee ! :smiley:

@mastressalita , I appreciate your enthusiasm for the Sims creative community as a whole, and although I'm leaning a bit more towards the Sims 3 Creative Corner belonging inside the Sims 3 subforum (so that it can be closer to the Sims 3 General Discussion thread and to the Create a World and Create a Pattern subforums), your solution would be wonderful as well! I just feel the current situation is unfair to Sims 3 simmers. It's like a roommate situation in which three friends called 2, 3 and 4 are sharing a flat, but 2 and 4 have their own bedrooms only they can enter, and 3 has to sleep on the couch in the living room. We just want a room of our own!
  • Options
    Fingers crossed that maybe there will be some sort of acknowledgement when a Guru appears again for patch notes or pack release.

It's so hard not to be frustrated by this. It's not like we're asking for gameplay or something to be added that takes hours of coding. We are just simply asking for a section of the forums that a Guru suggested would be there. It's just rude.
  • Options
    @simgurudrake Where are you?

@SimStaffBethelle Can you please ask her to respond?

@SimStaffGabriel Can you please ask her to respond?

@SimGuruLyndsay You are the boss, can you ask her to get in touch with us please? Look at how long this has been ignored. We have been asking for quite a while. This would be considered intolerable for any other company on or off planet for this to happen. Some one would get a sharp letter of concern in their inbox to FIX it with any other customer service company. But, not EA which y'all are a part of. I guess it is not expected from employees of a company that has won awards for being the worst company. Y'all got my vote again this year. :(
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    If you check their profiles you can see when they last visited the forum. The simstaffers haven't been here in quite a while so there must be someone new and SimGuruDrake was last here on March 2.
  • Options
    If you check their profiles you can see when they last visited the forum. The simstaffers haven't been here in quite a while so there must be someone new and SimGuruDrake was last here on March 2.

Good, so @SimGuruDrake has seen the tags, she's just purposely ignoring a request that's been ongoing for almost 6 months. That's nice to know!
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Gosh...should I say something really ugly to find out who's who around here now? :(
    Post edited by bekkasan on
  • Options
    KtarianKtarian Posts: 314 Member
    I doubt @SimGuruDrake is purposely ignoring it because she wants to. Having been a moderator for a couple of online communities, and having worked at Playstation once upon a time, usually to do anything it has to be approved by other people, and if they're withholding that approval or insisting upon waiting for some reason, there's likely nothing that she can do about it. Of course, it would be nice if they'd at least authorize us to be told what's going on, but it's often 'hush hush' for various reasons... some good reasons, some ridiculous reasons.

I'd just recommend not taking it out on the guru. She's likely just the one who is delegated the task of dealing with us and may not have a lot of say in when or how things actually get done. Then again, I haven't really been around all that long, so if others of you know more about how the internal staff is organized here, I could be wrong... but it's been that way with every company I've worked at or for thus far.
  • Options
    Ktarian wrote: »
    I doubt @SimGuruDrake is purposely ignoring it because she wants to. Having been a moderator for a couple of online communities, and having worked at Playstation once upon a time, usually to do anything it has to be approved by other people, and if they're withholding that approval or insisting upon waiting for some reason, there's likely nothing that she can do about it. Of course, it would be nice if they'd at least authorize us to be told what's going on, but it's often 'hush hush' for various reasons... some good reasons, some ridiculous reasons.

I'd just recommend not taking it out on the guru. She's likely just the one who is delegated the task of dealing with us and may not have a lot of say in when or how things actually get done. Then again, I haven't really been around all that long, so if others of you know more about how the internal staff is organized here, I could be wrong... but it's been that way with every company I've worked at or for thus far.

You're right, we don't know the inner workings of EA, but in this era of Sims 4, they've seemed to adopt this policy of silence, which is quite frustrating.

I can get being hush hush about the game (to some extent), but when Simmers are simply asking for something that was suggested by a Guru to be followed up on, a simple acknowledgement would be nice.

If like you say, they're not authorised to say what's going on, what exactly is the point of a Community Engagement Guru?

And like I said, while I do understand what you're saying, I find it absolutely ludicrous that if true an EA exec would need to authorise threads being created or moved on the forums...seems kind of low on the totem pole for a suit!
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited March 2017
    I don't believe the hush hush authorisation I'm afraid. Over on the Australian forums, I requested a TS3 Creative Corner. The Community Manager there had the forum section made within 2 days.

However, I rarely post there, because the majority of that forum seemed to really enjoy TS4, and I felt bad because I didn't have anything nice to say about it. It has a much lower player count it seems, than the forum here, where I felt more comfortable with others who also felt disgruntled about the game. It's never been my intention to spoil it for anyone else.

Speaking of that, perhaps we could post in that section on the AU forums or at ZeeGee's place, while still trying to get some kind of acknowledgement over here.
    This silence is pretty much how it was on forums at the beginning -> middle of TS3's lifecycle. The only time any staff seemed to be around was when a troll post went missing.
    Otherwise, all the users might as well have just been dead wood for all the acknowledgement we had.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    hugzncuddleshugzncuddles Posts: 223 Member
    I would make a transatlantic call to EA and ask them to pass on the message, but a) it wouldn't make a scrap of difference as the 'silence' is deliberate, and b) why waste more of my hard earned cash on a phone call?

Really, didn't anyone tell EA in business school that it's plain rude to ignore your customers? It's not as though the request is earth shattering, I mean a forum change that any novice web designer could rustle up in no time.

EA are holding customers in contempt. Genuinely too busy to deal with? Fine, just say so. ANY response would be better than none. Silence? The height of rudeness. Is this what EA thinks we're worth after all the time/money we invested in this franchise? :(
  • Options
    XxxjademariexxXXxxjademariexxX Posts: 2 New Member
    Can you bring out sims 3 for xbox one please
  • Options
    MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,097 Member
    bekkasan wrote: »
    Gosh...should I say something really ugly to find out who's who around here now? :(

LOL... Bump for the gurus!
  • Options
    Ktarian wrote: »

I appreciate your support of @simgurudrake based on your history of moderating and work. @simgurudrake is the community manager. She has made all the other changes to the forums based on the needs she saw. That is her job among other things per what she told us in the past. If it is not her job any longer she should have the appropriate person respond. I hold her completely responsible for ignoring the very reasonable requests we have made and not responding to even say 'kiss my grits', 'no way' or 'sure, when I have time' etc. She has been PM'd, she has been twitted to, and she has been tagged. She is responsible for not responding and I hold her accountable for that.
  • Options
    This is just so frustrating because I've held off so long from remaking my creative thread and I feel like I've held off long enough.

Maybe another suggestion would be that there's only one creative corner on the forums, but each section (lots, stories, modeling) has a subsection for each iteration?
  • Options

Pary wrote: »
    Speaking of that, perhaps we could post .... at ZeeGee's place, while still trying to get some kind of acknowledgement over here.

Yes please, I have given up on any kind of response or action here. So I'm over at the other forum talking to myself. :lol:

And @aricarai - would love to have you post your creation thread at the new place, see my sig. I'm a huge fan after that first round of simmer vs. simmer. You're kitchen was AWESOME!

@bekkasan BRAVO
    giphy_zpsvpj81p69.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top