Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Small update coming to the PC version of The Sims 3

Comments

• Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,286 Member
    esperelda wrote: »
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    @Seamoan
    Here is a link that shows you how to turn off the automatic update on Origin if you have it checked for the automatic updates. I know a lot of people had gone and unchecked the box so that they won't get the update until they know that it won't break their game forever. And some of them have already turned it off from their launcher too just to be on the safe side... :)
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/08/turn-off-automatic-updates/

Hope this helps... :)

Thanks lisasc360 :p

What I'm worried about is can I skip this particular update? I may one day get Sims 4 on my current computer which I still play Sims 3 on. But what if I need to update Origin in the future for something related to my Sims 4 game at that time? Wouldn't any future Origin update include this new one, that I want to avoid so it won't mess up my Sims 3? Or, ideally, if I installed Sims 4 on a new, different computer, and updated Origin on that new one....would Origin automatically update itself on the older Sims 3 only computer as well?

You're welcome... :)

As for your question, that I can't answer as I don't have TS4. I myself haven't did the update as I don't have a problem playing my game with all of the EP's and all be 2 SP's, store content and CC. Plus I love playing with everything from every EP/SP... :)

• Options
    espereldaesperelda Posts: 171 Member
    @Seamoan
    Here is a link that shows you how to turn off the automatic update on Origin if you have it checked for the automatic updates. I know a lot of people had gone and unchecked the box so that they won't get the update until they know that it won't break their game forever. And some of them have already turned it off from their launcher too just to be on the safe side... :)

What I'm worried about is can I skip this particular update? I may one day get Sims 4 on my current computer which I still play Sims 3 on. But what if I need to update Origin in the future for something related to my Sims 4 game at that time? Wouldn't any future Origin update include this new one, that I want to avoid so it won't mess up my Sims 3? Or, ideally, if I installed Sims 4 on a new, different computer, and updated Origin on that new one....would Origin automatically update itself on the older Sims 3 only computer as well?

As for your question, that I can't answer as I don't have TS4. I myself haven't did the update as I don't have a problem playing my game with all of the EP's and all be 2 SP's, store content and CC. Plus I love playing with everything from every EP/SP... :)

Thanks for your reply though! Yeah me too, no major probs with Sims 3 since I bought the computer I'm playing on now re 2 yrs ago, just to play Sims 3 on. And I don't wanna mess it up now! I'll have to look around some of the forums to see how any other players can avoid this update if they're also gonna play sims 4 too....which I'm assuming will eventually have Origin updates for 4.
  • Options
    So I updated and decided to download some new CC and got this pop up.

Untitled_3.png

I did not back up any files I'll let you guys know if anything happens.

Oh, no, mushplomplom...sorry to hear :/
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,286 Member
    @Seamoan

Thanks for your reply though! Yeah me too, no major probs with Sims 3 since I bought the computer I'm playing on now re 2 yrs ago, just to play Sims 3 on. And I don't wanna mess it up now! I'll have to look around some of the forums to see how any other players can avoid this update if they're also gonna play sims 4 too....which I'm assuming will eventually have Origin updates for 4.

• Options
    mushplomplommushplomplom Posts: 760 Member

Untitled_3.png

Oh, no, mushplomplom...sorry to hear :/

Some mods/cc did not work because they need to be updated but I found nothing game breaking yet so yeah.

Do not update your games guys. Happy simming :smile: !
    I bought a GTX 1070 to play Sims 4.

• Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    Hello everyone!

Tomorrow (November 12) The Sims 3 website will be undergoing maintenance from 9am PT. During this time you may have issues accessing the The Sims 3 website. An update will also be available via Origin for The Sims 3 on PC only, which will include a new The Sims 3 Expansions and Stuff Pack Manager.

You can find out more information about the update and the new The Sims 3 Expansions and Stuff Pack Manager in this FAQ: http://help.ea.com/article/new-launcher-for-the-sims-3/

You can prepare to obtain The Sims 3 update by updating to the latest version of Origin, you will receive the latest version the next time you launch the Origin client.

If you have Origin running:
    • In the top left, select Origin
    • Click Exit
    • Re-launch Origin

You will automatically be updated to the latest version of Origin (Version 9.10.2.4863)
    You can verify you have the latest Origin client by selecting HELP>ABOUT

You are now ready to receive The Sims 3 update tomorrow 12th November

Happy Simming!

Hi ! Just wondering about something. My Sims 3 is on a different computer than TS4. I intentionally did not install Origin on the TS3 computer, because I felt that all of my store purchases , content, worlds etc, and all of my discs predated Origin, and were just fine without it. I also use CAW all the time, and really don't want it ruined.
    Will this be a problem down the road, or can I keep everything as it is? The TS3 computer is running on Windows 10.
    Appreciate your feedback!

I'm not sure if even EA can answer this question 'down the road', but as of now you don't need origin if you have the original disk versions of the game. I actually uninstalled it from my PC just to be on the safe side. If you update you will be tied to opening the game through the launcher and it will require Origin to run. You will also no longer be able to use EIG in CAW.

There is a similar thread in the tech forum where chrinrict has been looking into the update. She's supposed to do more tests tomorrow to discover the extent of the changes.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    @Seamoan

Yes it's supposed to be optional but some players have reported that Origin tried to mess with their TS3 games without their permission. Some TS4 update last March (I think it was) was actually uninstalling people's TS3 games from their computers.

That's not typical, though. But I decided not to take any chances and completely uninstalled Origin. If I ever want to play TS4 (which seems unlikely at this point) I could always play it on my laptop and save TS3 for my desktop. But not everyone has two PCs so not sure what to tell you, you will have to decide for yourself basically.

Keep tabs on the thread in TS3 Tech forum for more info on this patch.

• Options
    @Seamoan

Yes it's supposed to be optional but some players have reported that Origin tried to mess with their TS3 games without their permission. Some TS4 update last March (I think it was) was actually uninstalling people's TS3 games from their computers.

That's not typical, though. But I decided not to take any chances and completely uninstalled Origin. If I ever want to play TS4 (which seems unlikely at this point) I could always play it on my laptop and save TS3 for my desktop. But not everyone has two PCs so not sure what to tell you, you will have to decide for yourself basically.

Keep tabs on the thread in TS3 Tech forum for more info on this patch.

I'll def be keeping tabs, HappySimmer3, and thanks. Really cute avi, btw :)
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I don't need to have a manager for my installed games to turn any of them off when my computer can run the entire collection without issues.I also don't want to lose the use of CAW.I'll be checking to make sure I won't get this automatically.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    hummingbird41556hummingbird41556 Posts: 923 Member
    I didn't need, nor want this crazy manager for my game. So far, I have had to restart my game three times to get it to accept that I have already got every stuff pack and expansion installed. . . In fact, I had to toss my Sims 3 folder so I could get a fresh start after installing the update. I swear if I have to tell it one more time that I want to use everything I own, I'm going to be screaming mad! As it is, since I had to toss the folder to get things to work, I have to reinstall all my store stuff, again. . . and I own ALL of it! LOL
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member

Untitled_3.png

Incompatible Core mod. It's a version mismatch. It's probably still safe to play with the mods but backup your saves to be on the safe side.

Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    MTS members seems to be having issues with the update as well. http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=567284
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    edited November 2015
    I'm wondering how this effects are save games...
    Post edited by TOLKIEN on
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    We have released a new version of ErrorTrap for Patch 1.69 into beta testing for those who want it. That will suppress the startup core version mismatch error, unless you have any core mods from other sources that need to be updated as well. Future parallel releases of ErrorTrap will be done for 1.67 and 1.69.
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/ErrorTrap+Testing

Except for UntranslatedKey and the one whose initials are NC and that we cannot talk about here, the rest of the NRaas mods are not affected by this patch.

Our official recommendation remains to avoid this update for now if possible.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    JCWaterJCWater Posts: 2 New Member
    edited November 2015
    I've accepted the new update and now can't install anything downloaded from the exchange. When I asked for Technical help from EA they said that they don't have anything to do with TheSims3 website so can't help ! :( Has anyone got any ideas of how I can get round this ?
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    JCWater wrote: »
    I've accepted the new update and now can't install anything downloaded from the exchange. When I asked for Technical help from EA they said that they don't have anything to do with TheSims3 website so can't help ! :( Has anyone got any ideas of how I can get round this ?

Some items might be able to be installed with alternative methods - try registering and asking at the Mod The Sims site.

@aws200 it's no secret that they've been wanting all their games tied to Origin for some time now. Not only as DRM, but also cuts out the second-hand games market and gives them total control. That whole 'games as a service' thing, that allows them to ax the game just like they do in Mobile. Wouldn't surprise me if that wasn't the ultimate goal.

I'd say TS3 must still be popular and selling very well for them to bother doing this. ;)

• Options
    ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    As far as I'm concerned I'm done with the Sims and EA I was going to get Sims 4 but after this forget it I'll never touch another Maxis game as long as it has an EA logo on it goodbye
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
  • Options
    5W33TH34RT5W33TH34RT Posts: 323 Member
  • Options
    naokithefiendnaokithefiend Posts: 53 Member
    This is why I say I do not want to ever hear the phrases we are dropping -game name here- form our support list. I would rather hear this game is complete here is a repair tool for your use it will help with updates and other such important issues, if there is a bug that was not fixed a message will be sent to our support group to be handled. with over 50% of online games now featuring a repair tool I really want too see EA get on the lets make longevity games bandwagon and not the sloppy developers bandwagon that aria has doomed itself to. For anyone who is curious Area is going PVP only with its games and lost over 80% of its player base on the announcement alone i guess they didn't have as many pvp fans as they thought.

I really want to see a complete your sims 3 collection thing for the origin download (as well as a backup disk order option) and want to see players still playing this game five+ years form now because it is possible. The only thing that would honestly make me even consider a Sims4 complete collection buy is if it had tinny homes and funny prducts (example "toot fairy spray by poo pourri" Real thing btw actual company) and all the shop items up to the relic date as well as a "Cartoon graphics" core version/options that have less ram issues and is more comparable with windows systems.

I do not understand why these cores get overlooked Atlus developed the tec for these cores to fit a HIGHLY stylized character design similar to the sims, these cores are exceptionally versatile (across may formats) and run much smoother than any other its a case of 10+yr old tec not only outliving its successors but making its successors look inferior. I suppose it would take quite a while for me to explain it all I have a lot to say on the issue in hand of "Updates to the Sims 3" and the relationship to EA games bad habitats (game "dripping" is a bad habit) so I will leave with I probably have enough to start a new topic on this.

bottom line I want too see the Sims4 be all the Sims3 with the first game and just expanding on it with compatibility and longevity in mind before I will so much as consider moving to it.
  • Options
    MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    I did the update (had to restart the computer, so no choice, really). So far, I haven't noticed anything different. But, then again, I've been having issued with conflicting mods freezing my game (not lagging, freezing) for a few weeks now, and haven't completely rooted out the source of those issues yet. If anything too wonky happens, I'll fill everyone in.
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    I did the update (had to restart the computer, so no choice, really). So far, I haven't noticed anything different. But, then again, I've been having issued with conflicting mods freezing my game (not lagging, freezing) for a few weeks now, and haven't completely rooted out the source of those issues yet. If anything too wonky happens, I'll fill everyone in.

I just fixed my conflicting mods issue the other day and can't believe how smoothly my game is running now. I haven't updated and don't intend to.

I used the following tools to fix my mods issue.

From MTS
    Delphy Sims 3 Pack Multi Installer - to extract packages from my CC that is in Sims3Packs
    Delphy Sims 3 Dashboard - To work out which packages were conflicting (in my case they were all files that didn't conflict if I merged them into a single package)

From simslogical
    S3PE to merge package files
  • Options
    @Karritz I use all of those, too. Unfortunately nothing comes up as conflicting on Dashboard, the S3P files are all clean, and all of my package files are merged into larger files. I still need to root out the specific mod or package file that's causing the issues.
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    @Karritz I use all of those, too. Unfortunately nothing comes up as conflicting on Dashboard, the S3P files are all clean, and all of my package files are merged into larger files. I still need to root out the specific mod or package file that's causing the issues.

That's sad. I don't know enough about it to help you.

Do you think one of them might be bad CC and that's what's causing the problem?
  • Options
    I have no clue. I just know that merging all of my package files made it easier to narrow down the source of the troubles.
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
  • Options
    naokithefiendnaokithefiend Posts: 53 Member
    I noticed there were some JOB/Professions related crashing issues involving the Ambitions Expansion places in Riverview but I believe they were placement related so I just moved a few things around (the fire department some homes lot types and saloon) and it seems to have fixed the problem. the other cities are too big for my wee laptop t handle without a custom graphics setting lucky for me soon I am getting a new computer with the ram to handle it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top