Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Small update coming to the PC version of The Sims 3

Comments

• TheSimsFan96TheSimsFan96 Posts: 102 Member
    Thank you very much @Karritz! I just went offline and did it right now and did it, completely avoided the new update! Thanks for the help, very much appreciated!
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    Thank you very much @Karritz! I just went offline and did it right now and did it, completely avoided the new update! Thanks for the help, very much appreciated!

Excellent
  • SimFan298SimFan298 Posts: 1,079 Member
    I don't use Origin for my Sims 3 game, and the last patch I installed was the 1.67 patch, and I play the game offline anyways. But for some reason my store content doesn't install...
    Origin ID: theAidster21

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    edited November 2015
    I'm using the new launcher and Origin and also can't install store content with the new launcher. For some reason the store decided to give me 1000 or so Simpoints, so I bought Collection Stanke (along with some other simpoints I had). It downloaded fine, but when I try to install it I get a popup window saying something like it doesn't recognise my Sims 3 registration key and asking me to re-enter it, but there is no no place to enter it, just a big button to press after you somehow enter it. And I am logged into the launcher.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
    I'm using the new launcher and Origin and also can't install store content with the new launcher. For some reason the store decided to give me 1000 or so Simpoints, so I bought Collection Stanke (along with some other simpoints I had). It downloaded fine, but when I try to install it I get a popup window saying something like it doesn't recognise my Sims 3 registration key and asking me to re-enter it, but there is no no place to enter it, just a big button to press after you somehow enter it. And I am logged into the launcher.

You might like to post in this thread where one of the SimGurus might see it as they've asked for people to post in this thread if there are problems.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/860901/small-update-coming-to-the-pc-version-of-the-sims-3#latest

Also the someone might have an answer for you in the Technical forum.

The only suggestion I could come up with would be to revert to 1.67 but you may not be able to do that depending on the version of the base game you have.
  • android00b7android00b7 Posts: 201 Member
    I bought the base game pre-2012 disc and it came in the mail yesterday- Just confirming that installing from disc and then superpatching 1.67 does work.
  • sakuratiramisusakuratiramisu Posts: 6 New Member
    Thanks Karritz !

I feel so cheated. Been playing for less than a month and now I can't even open the game! :(
  • ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    edited November 2015
    Don't you just love the dead silence EA and the Sim Guru's have given this matter just goes to show how little they actually care :/
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    yep, once again they leave it for players to try to help other players rather than take responsibility for another foul up and fix it promptly or allow players to go back to the previous upgrade. They are not willing to admit they fouled up.
  • joujou73019joujou73019 Posts: 2 New Member
    i updated and now my game isn't working!! i don't know what to do:(
  • ClayworldClayworld Posts: 1,106 Member
    SimFan298 wrote: »
    I don't use Origin for my Sims 3 game, and the last patch I installed was the 1.67 patch, and I play the game offline anyways. But for some reason my store content doesn't install...

I think that you won't be able to install store content without the new patch from here on.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited November 2015
    Clayworld wrote: »
    I think that you won't be able to install store content without the new patch from here on.
    That is not correct. Players on Steam installs and on the Mac OS do not get Patch 1.69 because they are not using Origin for Windows. They would be left out of store content installs as well if this were the case.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    SimFan298 wrote: »

If your Downloads folder has too much stuff in it it will stop installing content.

To fix this problem, move Sims3Pack files out of the downloads folder once they have been installed and put them into a Safe Place so you can use them again when you next need to install.

I only ever put the files I'm actually installing into the Downloads folder now. I keep all the others in separate folders.
  • crockatailcrockatail Posts: 312 Member
    ScottDemon wrote: »
    Don't you just love the dead silence EA and the Sim Guru's have given this matter just goes to show how little they actually care :/
    bekkasan wrote: »
    yep, once again they leave it for players to try to help other players rather than take responsibility for another foul up and fix it promptly or allow players to go back to the previous upgrade. They are not willing to admit they fouled up.

> EA and the Simguru's are acting like they're high and mighty and can't be bother to fix theirs mistakes.They're forgetting its their customers who pay them to make these games for them and not EA/Maxis paying their customers to buy these games.
    crockatail wrote: »

> EA and the Simguru's are acting like they're high and mighty and can't be bother to fix theirs mistakes.They're forgetting its their customers who pay them to make these games for them and not EA/Maxis paying their customers to buy these games.

They've made it clear that the type of customer who prefers Sims 3 over Sims 4 is not they type of customer they are interested in bothering with. I think the sooner we all go away the happier they will be.
  • crockatailcrockatail Posts: 312 Member
    Karritz wrote: »
    crockatail wrote: »

They've made it clear that the type of customer who prefers Sims 3 over Sims 4 is not they type of customer they are interested in bothering with. I think the sooner we all go away the happier they will be.

So True. I did played the Sims 4 for a while until I got tried of my Sims family getting culled all the time.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited November 2015
    Karritz wrote: »
    Eats massive amounts of life fruit, washes it down with soy milk. Was already a vegetarian and have already completed the jogging/athletic challenge. Checks on inventory of death flowers. Yep, all set.

Jabs thumb at nose and waves fingers wildly in EA's general direction. :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    I am so thankful for this community that saved me from this update. I have talked to friends and family explaining about this patch. Talked to a few developers that are friends.. And got the same response from all.. " Seems like the developers don't want the old game played, so a little wrong coding and the game is toast"..

Since Sims 4 ...I do not trust EA or Maxis and it would not shock me if they messed up Sims 3 on purpose..-shakes head-... It would be a new low, but since Sims 4 it would not surprise me...
  • android00b7android00b7 Posts: 201 Member
    Yeah- I was under the impression that they'd washed their hands of Sims 3, so when this update popped up I assumed it was related to Origin, not the actual Sims 3. One should never assume plum, though, not a new lesson but an annoying reminder...
    The store does indeed still work with older patches, let's not get to sharpening our pitchforks yet...
  • tribbotribbo Posts: 2,441 Member
    My sims 3 broke...
    MAFIA STATS
    Played: 18 | Won: 9 | Lost: 9
    Town Wins: 4 | Mafia Wins: 5 | Third Wins: 0
    Played as Town: 10 | Played as Mafia: 9 | Played as Third: 1
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,655 Member
    edited November 2015
    gamekitten wrote: »
    I am so thankful for this community that saved me from this update. I have talked to friends and family explaining about this patch. Talked to a few developers that are friends.. And got the same response from all.. " Seems like the developers don't want the old game played, so a little wrong coding and the game is toast"..

Since Sims 4 ...I do not trust EA or Maxis and it would not shock me if they messed up Sims 3 on purpose..-shakes head-... It would be a new low, but since Sims 4 it would not surprise me...

It saved me too!
    That's outrageous if that's what they're up to! And if that's right, it won't be long before someone takes action. After all It's not just kids who play Sims.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited November 2015
    I have made a system image backup of my entire drive C. If anything ever happens that breaks my game, not just the files in my documents, I will use it to revert my entire drive, OS and all, rather than have to install with those updated files and ruin my game. They should understand the lengths many of us are willing to go to, to preserve our Sims 3 games, and maybe they might be a little less arrogant. I expect to still be playing it until the day I die of old age. Unless, of course, I get Alzheimer's or go blind, or something, and can't anymore.

Edit: Oh, and by the way, I just bought a bunch of store items yesterday. So yes, we can still use the store. But, I always save all of my downloads permanently, to avoid having to ever repeat downloading them, so I'll still always have everything I already have, even if they do make it impossible to get more at some point.
  • sakuratiramisusakuratiramisu Posts: 6 New Member
    > @gamekitten said:
    > I am so thankful for this community that saved me from this update. I have talked to friends and family explaining about this patch. Talked to a few developers that are friends.. And got the same response from all.. " Seems like the developers don't want the old game played, so a little wrong coding and the game is toast"..
    >
    > Since Sims 4 ...I do not trust EA or Maxis and it would not shock me if they messed up Sims 3 on purpose..-shakes head-... It would be a new low, but since Sims 4 it would not surprise me...

If this is true, this makes me SO furious because I bought and dl SIms 3 only a month ago because I read articles that now is a good time to play Sims 3 since all the expansion packs are out and Sims 4 doesn't have that many good points for one to move to it.

I DEMAND A REFUND.
    > @gamekitten said:
    > I am so thankful for this community that saved me from this update. I have talked to friends and family explaining about this patch. Talked to a few developers that are friends.. And got the same response from all.. " Seems like the developers don't want the old game played, so a little wrong coding and the game is toast"..
    >
    > Since Sims 4 ...I do not trust EA or Maxis and it would not shock me if they messed up Sims 3 on purpose..-shakes head-... It would be a new low, but since Sims 4 it would not surprise me...

If this is true, this makes me SO furious because I bought and dl SIms 3 only a month ago because I read articles that now is a good time to play Sims 3 since all the expansion packs are out and Sims 4 doesn't have that many good points for one to move to it.

I DEMAND A REFUND.

I don't think you can get a refund if you've had the game for more than 24 hrs. Not sure of the hours but it isn't many.

EA can do what they like with the game.

Are you able to play?
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,655 Member
    This shouldn't be happening. We all put so much into our families :/
    MLgj4Vx.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top