Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Invalid CSRF token?

Comments

• Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    i don't think the OS has anything to do with it. i have an older system with windows 7.

i'm thinking it's a bug in general.
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I just received this notification after trying twice to make a post.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    edited July 2017
    It does come up regularly, @Pary but if you re-post, for me anyway, it works pretty much straight away with the second or third try.

• Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Yes, it took me two goes as well. But then it happened again when I wanted to correct a typo :astonished:
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    jusMehjusMeh Posts: 424 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Helllo.
    When the Invalid CSRF token message comes up, it is best to copy what you have written, come out of the thread, reload the thread and then paste the words back in again.
    If you are posting pictures, it is good to write some text, post it, then come back and edit in the pictures.

lol that is exactly what I just did. It's the first time I got that error message. :/
  • Options
    1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    This just started happening to me this month, but it happens when I try to bookmark a thread or like a thread, not just when posting. Odd and annoying. I had never seen this before.
  • Options
    cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Hello!
    The last few days when I post on the forums sometimes this little thing pops up that says invalid CSRF (or some combination of those letters) error and I have to try again. It always works the second time, but Ive just never seen it before and wondered why it was doing that.
    Also, I apologize if this wasnt the right place for this, I was not sure where it would go.
  • Options
    GegeGege Posts: 2,548 Member
    Okay, I think I have been ignoring this for a few weeks now because it mostly came up when I was posting on my cellphone but now its happening multiple times a day. Very annoying. @SimGuruDrake please pass this problem along, if it has been addressed, it hasn't been fixed.
    mWC1gjz.gif
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Gege wrote: »
    Okay, I think I have been ignoring this for a few weeks now because it mostly came up when I was posting on my cellphone but now its happening multiple times a day. Very annoying. @SimGuruDrake please pass this problem along, if it has been addressed, it hasn't been fixed.

It has also spilled over to when you try to edit your posts, or hit the like button or anything. It's growing. :/
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member
    im getting CSRF token when trying to like comments
  • Options
    lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    Grr.
    I had this problem before (to a point that i had to close Mozilla entirely if i wanted to switch between the French and US forum or i couldn't even post message) and it disappeared i don't know how but now it's back again è_é
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I'm getting this an awful lot too, plus the issue of when I try to update my status on my profile page, more often than not as I try to post the update nothing happens.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    edited August 2017
    im getting CSRF token when trying to like comments
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Gege wrote: »

It has also spilled over to when you try to edit your posts, or hit the like button or anything. It's growing. :/
    Grr.
    I had this problem before (to a point that i had to close Mozilla entirely if i wanted to switch between the French and US forum or i couldn't even post message) and it disappeared i don't know how but now it's back again è_é

Same
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Calling @EA_Mage to the thread. Not sure if this is what you mean about letting you know about things we would like to have done. I really would like that csrf error to be gone, it is annoying. :) Could you see if the techies are working on it and let us know if they are. Thanks. :) We do appreciate feedback on things like this to know they are aware and trying to fix. oh...btw, welcome to the team and forums.
  • Options
    Dusty_BootsDusty_Boots Posts: 236 Member
    edited August 2017
    hmm, mine seems to have cleared up after a very short forum hiccup just now that temporarily removed the options to quote and post. OhNo, does that means the Matrix is doing something naughty?

Edit to Add: There's been no sign of the error for me since I posted the above.
    Post edited by Dusty_Boots on
  • Options
    EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey all,

Thanks for the tag @bekkasan - this is exactly the stuff we need to see!

This issue is indeed something we are aware of and it is being looked at.

If you do see many of these errors, refresh your browser tabs (you may need to do it multiple times) and it should go away for a while.

Thanks,
    EA_Mage
  • Options
    A_CullerA_Culler Posts: 1,133 Member
    I'm getting constant "INVALID CSRF TOKEN" notices as well.
    Loneliness is a tax we have to pay to atone for a certain complexity of mind.

36187445662_5c73f737ed_c.jpg
    "I have yet to find a gold so pure that it's worth it's weight in dog."
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    This hasn't to do with the game, but rather the forums, and I'm not sure where to post this. I attempted to post a comment with pictures and that "comment needs to be approved" message popped up. So I re-typed my post with some changes and tried to post again, but now this "Invalid CSRF token" message pops up. I have no idea what it means. Has anyone else had this issue?

I'm getting it to and it's getting to the point of being aggrevating. Happens on pc and on my phone so it's not limited to just pc or mobile it's a site issue. I do use the mobile version of the forums on my phone but this happens to the pc version of the forums as well.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    mcrudd wrote: »
    No still not working for me, I will just try again tomorrow.
    Forums have been wonky for me lately, The other day it was posting things twice and was not able to edit LOL

I also found that I had to completely close my window and open a new one, if you just change the page while the browser is still open it still did not work, you have to close it down and then go directly, its extremely frustrating

Refreshing helps.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Last few days it's developed into a horrible lag on this site. No matter what somone clicks the little wheel keeps turning with no way to hit a 'refresh' button since it's removed while waiting for any page, thread or comment to load. :s It's my personal opinion this error has now grown into a monster that is causing horrible load lagging problems, even when not seeing this error message.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    chips46chips46 Posts: 3,666 Member
    Its been like this for 4 months now and still giving me problems with this "Invalid CSRF token. please try again" I have to have another page open so I can refresh it it seem to help before I post on the forums or it wont let me and sometimes I need to change over to the AU/NZ forums even thats doesn't work only sometime so for me I have to have more pages open so I can get it to work and to post comment on the forums.
  • Options
    EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    These forums are SO GLITCHY. Maybe it's difficult to hold up due to the mass of people using them.

I'm no tech guru so I don't know how true this rings but every click of a button whether that be "Post Comment" or pressing one of the Insightful, Like or Awesome buttons. Or even clicking on "Notifications" or "Messages" or "Preferences"

I get diverted to an "Oops! Something went wrong" page, or get the silly "Invalid CSRF Token"

Have we had word of anyone trying to repair this? I hope they are looking into the issue behind the scenes and I hope it gets sorted soon. It seems minor but it is very frustrating to have it constantly.

It's like Liam on the Sims 3 forums all over again
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    EA please fix this forum. We are all hitting allot of errors. It has even spread to PMs Thank you :)
  • Options
    EA_SpectreEA_Spectre Posts: 263 EA Administrator
    Thanks for your patience everyone. The tech team is still looking into finding the underlying issue that causes this.

@catloverplayer is of course right, refreshing the page should solve the problem temporary when it occurs.