Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

December Patch Speculation 2017 (Patch Now Live)

Comments

• Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    One of my speculations is something Christmassy for your pets if you have Cats&Dogs. Like a new jumper. But I also hope for interactive things. Things that could have been in Cats&Dogs easily but they held them back for a bit.

Hey, I just basically hope the Devs haven't done with Cats&Dogs just because it's an EP.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    2HubbiesNLove2HubbiesNLove Posts: 658 Member
    I would absolutely love if it Caroling was added to the free holiday update. Sims could gather with their family and friends, go around the neighborhood singing.

I also wouldn't mind seeing a Santa costume and elf costume, maybe reindeer costume for dogs and a snowman costume for cats.

For buy mode objects- we could have the option to click on our sim's house or community lot, select "deck out" and we could then have the option to add lights to roof trim, window trim, and door trim.
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    I'm hoping that we get a cute festive outfit or two for toddlers.
  • Options
    mmoblitzmmoblitz Posts: 479 Member
    Fix what Novembers patch broke and of course fix the bugs in C&D.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Corrections of bugs with Cats & Dogs and Parenthood.

Bunkbeds.

I'd love this.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    IseraneIserane Posts: 5 New Member
    It might just me be but I think they might still incorporate off grid living. I got a notification that one of my sims was going off grid. Mind you it was just a cute way of letting me know that sims got culled but I think it was interesting that they used that script as opposed to anything else...
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    December ?

Cats & Dogs Bug Fix patch.

Generally we also get an Update to the Holiday Pack in December.
  • Options

And children. They don't have any either.
  • Options
    Next Friday is December 1st so I suspect the December Patch will come the week after next and on a Thursday.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

And children. They don't have any either.

good point
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    NikNakNikNak Posts: 302 Member
    Fix some small things that no-one even knew existed, break a million other things in the process. That's what I've come to expect.
  • Options
    gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    NikNak wrote: »
    Fix some small things that no-one even knew existed, break a million other things in the process. That's what I've come to expect.

Have they ever fixed something no one knew existed? The sims has a giant community, we generally catch bugs pretty quickly.
  • Options
    Last year's December Patch came out December 1st. Next Friday is December 1st so I expect the December Patch to be either December 5th or 7th. If there is new Christmas stuff in the update they'll get it out as early as possible.

Also hoping a lot of Cat and Dog bugs will be fixed especially the one were the fishing sign is backwards and sims fish from the land.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    NikNak wrote: »

Have they ever fixed something no one knew existed? The sims has a giant community, we generally catch bugs pretty quickly.

Sometimes the patch notes do have very obscure bugs. Maybe not literally nobody, but bugs that very few people would notice or encounter.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited November 2017
    dogboy678 wrote: »
    rinre33 wrote: »
    What I want: Christmas appropriate out for for toddlers. O would really like more recolours for the Christmas tree, or just a new one. Stockings as you said would be a nice touch. And as someone alive me said, an update to cats and dogs so that dogs may sleep on beds.
    What I expect: but fixes for existing stuff as well as cats and dogs. Which will be fine with me too to be honest

Toddler Christmas outfits would be awesome :) I don't really expect anything else, though, because we just got a Holiday Pack update - just that it's one for people in the world who do something that isn't Christmas. Maybe we could get some Chinese/other Asian New Year things for different in the winter?

To be honest I’d rather have something more universal like Christmas than another’s obscure holiday. It’s is nice but I think everyone would enjoy Christmas.

Here in Silicon Valley Diwali is a really big deal because of the many Indians who have come here to work in the tech field. I really like it when they add items from other cultures (like the variety of foods we got in CL, or the Day of the Dead celebration from last year). It helps me add more diversity to my worlds and my Sims.

True it not that I don’t like these things on one side you could see as including mor epeople but on the other you could see it as leaving other people out. Don’t get me wrong also love having the different cultures in the game. But the way I see it Christmas includes everyone all different cultures and religions celebrate in different ways during the holidays. But either way I’m glad it makes people happy.

But not everybody celebrates Christmas, not all cultures do and certainly not all religions. In fact, it's really only one religion that celebrates Christmas. In that sense, focussing on Christmas more than other holidays excludes more cultures and religions than it includes.

I don't mean to pick a fight or step on your toes, I just think it's important to acknowledge this. I definitely agree with you that I want every player to be happy with this game and how they can make it theirs. :)

Ummm only one religion? The Christians appropriated it from us pagans thank you. Just like all of western society appropriated and ruined the holiday now called halloween. You dont have to celebrate it but ill verbally shred anyone who claims christians own it
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    HugoBeeHugoBee Posts: 36 Member
    My guess, and I hope I'm right, is ugly Christmas sweaters for toddlers. And maybe a Santa hats for all ages. And obvious fixes for C&D.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    What I want: Christmas appropriate out for for toddlers. O would really like more recolours for the Christmas tree, or just a new one. Stockings as you said would be a nice touch. And as someone alive me said, an update to cats and dogs so that dogs may sleep on beds.
    What I expect: but fixes for existing stuff as well as cats and dogs. Which will be fine with me too to be honest

Toddler Christmas outfits would be awesome :) I don't really expect anything else, though, because we just got a Holiday Pack update - just that it's one for people in the world who do something that isn't Christmas. Maybe we could get some Chinese/other Asian New Year things for different in the winter?

To be honest I’d rather have something more universal like Christmas than another’s obscure holiday. It’s is nice but I think everyone would enjoy Christmas.

Here in Silicon Valley Diwali is a really big deal because of the many Indians who have come here to work in the tech field. I really like it when they add items from other cultures (like the variety of foods we got in CL, or the Day of the Dead celebration from last year). It helps me add more diversity to my worlds and my Sims.

True it not that I don’t like these things on one side you could see as including mor epeople but on the other you could see it as leaving other people out. Don’t get me wrong also love having the different cultures in the game. But the way I see it Christmas includes everyone all different cultures and religions celebrate in different ways during the holidays. But either way I’m glad it makes people happy.

But not everybody celebrates Christmas, not all cultures do and certainly not all religions. In fact, it's really only one religion that celebrates Christmas. In that sense, focussing on Christmas more than other holidays excludes more cultures and religions than it includes.

I don't mean to pick a fight or step on your toes, I just think it's important to acknowledge this. I definitely agree with you that I want every player to be happy with this game and how they can make it theirs. :)

Ummm only one religion? The Christians appropriated it from us pagans thank you. Just like all of western society appropriated and ruined the holiday now called halloween. You dont have to celebrate it but ill verbally shred anyone who claims christians own it

Actually it was more complicated than that .
  • Options
    sundaysimmersundaysimmer Posts: 201 Member
    edited November 2017

You’re right; Christians did appropriate what is now known as Christmas from several pagan religions as well as from ancient Roman beliefs. There are so many traditions mixed into it that it’s very difficult to separate them. But what I said is right: Christmas as it is celebrated by most people today is really a Christian holiday.

No need to verbally shred me - I certainly did not mean to disrespect other faiths. If anything, separating the origins of Christmas from the capitalist and consumerist holiday it has sadly become awards the former more respect.
    Favourite TS1 packs: Superstar, Makin' Magic. Favourite TS2 packs: University, Open for Business, Seasons, Apartment Life. Favourite TS3 packs: Generations, Seasons, University Life. Favourite TS4 packs: Get Together, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Island Living, Discover University.
  • Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member

You’re right; Christians did appropriate what is now known as Christmas from several pagan religions as well as from ancient Roman beliefs. There are so many traditions mixed into it that it’s very difficult to separate them. But what I said is right: Christmas as it is celebrated by most people today is really a Christian holiday.

No need to verbally shred me - I certainly did not mean to disrespect other faiths. If anything, separating the origins of Christmas from the capitalist and consumerist holiday it has sadly become awards the former more respect.

Easy! Give us a pretty tree with zero fake presents under it and the ability to gift craftables :D and alot more greenery and holly! Fortunately consumerism aside everything else is pretty non denominational. Just skip the nativity and ouila
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options

Easy! Give us a pretty tree with zero fake presents under it and the ability to gift craftables :D and alot more greenery and holly! Fortunately consumerism aside everything else is pretty non denominational. Just skip the nativity and ouila

Oh, I think we‘ve misunderstood each other! I didn’t mean that the various Christmas traditions cannot be represented in the Sims; they absolutely can as you point out! By the way, I‘d like that very much, too, as the Christmas traditions I grew up with in Germany are very different from what I‘ve experienced in the US. So yes - greenery and holly and craftables as presents instead of a pre-arranged tree with gifts sound perfect!

At the risk of further derailing this thread (I always do this!), I‘d be interested in learning more about pagan Christmas. I always thought that although some Christmas traditions were appropriated from pagan traditions, what pagan religions actually celebrate was something else altogether - mid winter solstice, I believe? I wouldn’t even have termed it „Christmas,“ which is why in my earlier post I stated that only one religion celebrates it. I‘d like to know more about this if you‘d like to explain. :smile:
    Favourite TS1 packs: Superstar, Makin' Magic. Favourite TS2 packs: University, Open for Business, Seasons, Apartment Life. Favourite TS3 packs: Generations, Seasons, University Life. Favourite TS4 packs: Get Together, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Island Living, Discover University.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    edited November 2017

Oh, I think we‘ve misunderstood each other! I didn’t mean that the various Christmas traditions cannot be represented in the Sims; they absolutely can as you point out! By the way, I‘d like that very much, too, as the Christmas traditions I grew up with in Germany are very different from what I‘ve experienced in the US. So yes - greenery and holly and craftables as presents instead of a pre-arranged tree with gifts sound perfect!

At the risk of further derailing this thread (I always do this!), I‘d be interested in learning more about pagan Christmas. I always thought that although some Christmas traditions were appropriated from pagan traditions, what pagan religions actually celebrate was something else altogether - mid winter solstice, I believe? I wouldn’t even have termed it „Christmas,“ which is why in my earlier post I stated that only one religion celebrates it. I‘d like to know more about this if you‘d like to explain. :smile:

Yah, that is true they were a a lot holidays around the winter months . There was the winter solicist . That was a holiday had different versions , Romans celebrated Saturn whivch he was belive sun gad .The Church wanted a day to celebrate christ birth . They sometime celebated ain the Spring . They decided to put it on 25 th . Becaiuse of a belief that the saintswere concieved died the same day . It s averry complicated , and interesting history .
  • Options

Yah, that is true they were a a lot holidays around the winter months . There was the winter solicist . That was a holiday had different versions , Romans celebrated Saturn whivch he was belive sun gad .The Church wanted a day to celebrate christ birth . They sometime celebated ain the Spring . They decided to put it on 25 th . Becaiuse of a belief that the saintswere concieved died the same day . It s averry complicated , and interesting history .

Thank you! :smile: Yes, that’s pretty much what I‘ve read, too. It’s a very interesting history!
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    I just want more Christmas Items in the game for my sims.

Missing in action

Mantle Stockings
    Mistletoe
    Poinsettia-In this case we haven't had this since TS2.
    Gift Giving
    Christmas Wallpaper
    Santa Outfits,beards,hats and shoes
    Christmas Sweaters for Toddlers and Children
    Christmas Clothing and accessories for Pets
    Santa Npc

Also the Winter Holiday Station needs more songs.
  • Options
    MintiSimbleMintiSimble Posts: 20 Member
    I would really love it if they added some little things like relatives asking uncomfortable questions. Theres been a few hints pointing towards a future seasons or weathers pack too so it'd be nice if they slipped a few more hints...