Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

December Patch Speculation 2017 (Patch Now Live)

Comments

• Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited November 2017
    dogboy678 wrote: »
    rinre33 wrote: »
    What I want: Christmas appropriate out for for toddlers. O would really like more recolours for the Christmas tree, or just a new one. Stockings as you said would be a nice touch. And as someone alive me said, an update to cats and dogs so that dogs may sleep on beds.
    What I expect: but fixes for existing stuff as well as cats and dogs. Which will be fine with me too to be honest

Toddler Christmas outfits would be awesome :) I don't really expect anything else, though, because we just got a Holiday Pack update - just that it's one for people in the world who do something that isn't Christmas. Maybe we could get some Chinese/other Asian New Year things for different in the winter?

To be honest I’d rather have something more universal like Christmas than another’s obscure holiday. It’s is nice but I think everyone would enjoy Christmas.

Here in Silicon Valley Diwali is a really big deal because of the many Indians who have come here to work in the tech field. I really like it when they add items from other cultures (like the variety of foods we got in CL, or the Day of the Dead celebration from last year). It helps me add more diversity to my worlds and my Sims.

True it not that I don’t like these things on one side you could see as including mor epeople but on the other you could see it as leaving other people out. Don’t get me wrong also love having the different cultures in the game. But the way I see it Christmas includes everyone all different cultures and religions celebrate in different ways during the holidays. But either way I’m glad it makes people happy.

But not everybody celebrates Christmas, not all cultures do and certainly not all religions. In fact, it's really only one religion that celebrates Christmas. In that sense, focussing on Christmas more than other holidays excludes more cultures and religions than it includes.

I don't mean to pick a fight or step on your toes, I just think it's important to acknowledge this. I definitely agree with you that I want every player to be happy with this game and how they can make it theirs. :)

Ummm only one religion? The Christians appropriated it from us pagans thank you. Just like all of western society appropriated and ruined the holiday now called halloween. You dont have to celebrate it but ill verbally shred anyone who claims christians own it

You’re right; Christians did appropriate what is now known as Christmas from several pagan religions as well as from ancient Roman beliefs. There are so many traditions mixed into it that it’s very difficult to separate them. But what I said is right: Christmas as it is celebrated by most people today is really a Christian holiday.

No need to verbally shred me - I certainly did not mean to disrespect other faiths. If anything, separating the origins of Christmas from the capitalist and consumerist holiday it has sadly become awards the former more respect.

Easy! Give us a pretty tree with zero fake presents under it and the ability to gift craftables :D and alot more greenery and holly! Fortunately consumerism aside everything else is pretty non denominational. Just skip the nativity and ouila

Oh, I think we‘ve misunderstood each other! I didn’t mean that the various Christmas traditions cannot be represented in the Sims; they absolutely can as you point out! By the way, I‘d like that very much, too, as the Christmas traditions I grew up with in Germany are very different from what I‘ve experienced in the US. So yes - greenery and holly and craftables as presents instead of a pre-arranged tree with gifts sound perfect!

At the risk of further derailing this thread (I always do this!), I‘d be interested in learning more about pagan Christmas. I always thought that although some Christmas traditions were appropriated from pagan traditions, what pagan religions actually celebrate was something else altogether - mid winter solstice, I believe? I wouldn’t even have termed it „Christmas,“ which is why in my earlier post I stated that only one religion celebrates it. I‘d like to know more about this if you‘d like to explain. :smile:

Yah, that is true they were a a lot holidays around the winter months . There was the winter solicist . That was a holiday had different versions , Romans celebrated Saturn whivch he was belive sun gad .The Church wanted a day to celebrate christ birth . They sometime celebated ain the Spring . They decided to put it on 25 th . Becaiuse of a belief that the saintswere concieved died the same day . It s averry complicated , and interesting history .

Saturn is a little complicated :) I personally feast in honor of them all as an ecclectic hermetic sort myself. From Apollo to Ra :)
    Today the planet Saturn and its avatars are a little more separate from solar entities.
    The sun gives us life, music, and all the creative things (Apollo etc) while Saturn is the judger, bringer of karma, the destroyer, the time lord (think Dr Who), and when he feels like it, hes the god of the harvest. Grim reaper, father time and santa claus are all in saturns image.
    Theres a story where Apollo (the sun) had the first "battle of the bands" ever. Apollo played his seven strings and Pan (Saturn) played his floot. Apollo won i think lmao
    If you're doing white magic for healing one tends to invoke the sun. When practicing black magic and destroying one tends to invoke the hidden sun or the black sun saturn.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Ignore this random text here. my phone is such a spazz today

-Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    What I want: Christmas appropriate out for for toddlers. O would really like more recolours for the Christmas tree, or just a new one. Stockings as you said would be a nice touch. And as someone alive me said, an update to cats and dogs so that dogs may sleep on beds.
    What I expect: but fixes for existing stuff as well as cats and dogs. Which will be fine with me too to be honest

Toddler Christmas outfits would be awesome :) I don't really expect anything else, though, because we just got a Holiday Pack update - just that it's one for people in the world who do something that isn't Christmas. Maybe we could get some Chinese/other Asian New Year things for different in the winter?

To be honest I’d rather have something more universal like Christmas than another’s obscure holiday. It’s is nice but I think everyone would enjoy Christmas.

Here in Silicon Valley Diwali is a really big deal because of the many Indians who have come here to work in the tech field. I really like it when they add items from other cultures (like the variety of foods we got in CL, or the Day of the Dead celebration from last year). It helps me add more diversity to my worlds and my Sims.

True it not that I don’t like these things on one side you could see as including mor epeople but on the other you could see it as leaving other people out. Don’t get me wrong also love having the different cultures in the game. But the way I see it Christmas includes everyone all different cultures and religions celebrate in different ways during the holidays. But either way I’m glad it makes people happy.

But not everybody celebrates Christmas, not all cultures do and certainly not all religions. In fact, it's really only one religion that celebrates Christmas. In that sense, focussing on Christmas more than other holidays excludes more cultures and religions than it includes.

I don't mean to pick a fight or step on your toes, I just think it's important to acknowledge this. I definitely agree with you that I want every player to be happy with this game and how they can make it theirs. :)

Ummm only one religion? The Christians appropriated it from us pagans thank you. Just like all of western society appropriated and ruined the holiday now called halloween. You dont have to celebrate it but ill verbally shred anyone who claims christians own it

You’re right; Christians did appropriate what is now known as Christmas from several pagan religions as well as from ancient Roman beliefs. There are so many traditions mixed into it that it’s very difficult to separate them. But what I said is right: Christmas as it is celebrated by most people today is really a Christian holiday.

No need to verbally shred me - I certainly did not mean to disrespect other faiths. If anything, separating the origins of Christmas from the capitalist and consumerist holiday it has sadly become awards the former more respect.

Easy! Give us a pretty tree with zero fake presents under it and the ability to gift craftables :D and alot more greenery and holly! Fortunately consumerism aside everything else is pretty non denominational. Just skip the nativity and ouila

Oh, I think we‘ve misunderstood each other! I didn’t mean that the various Christmas traditions cannot be represented in the Sims; they absolutely can as you point out! By the way, I‘d like that very much, too, as the Christmas traditions I grew up with in Germany are very different from what I‘ve experienced in the US. So yes - greenery and holly and craftables as presents instead of a pre-arranged tree with gifts sound perfect!

At the risk of further derailing this thread (I always do this!), I‘d be interested in learning more about pagan Christmas. I always thought that although some Christmas traditions were appropriated from pagan traditions, what pagan religions actually celebrate was something else altogether - mid winter solstice, I believe? I wouldn’t even have termed it „Christmas,“ which is why in my earlier post I stated that only one religion celebrates it. I‘d like to know more about this if you‘d like to explain. :smile:

Yah, that is true they were a a lot holidays around the winter months . There was the winter solicist . That was a holiday had different versions , Romans celebrated Saturn whivch he was belive sun gad .The Church wanted a day to celebrate christ birth . They sometime celebated ain the Spring . They decided to put it on 25 th . Becaiuse of a belief that the saintswere concieved died the same day . It s averry complicated , and interesting history .

Saturn is a little complicated :) I personally feast in honor of them all as an ecclectic hermetic sort myself. From Apollo to Ra :)
    Today the planet Saturn and its avatars are a little more separate from solar entities.
    The sun gives us life, music, and all the creative things (Apollo etc) while Saturn is the judger, bringer of karma, the destroyer, the time lord (think Dr Who), and when he feels like it, hes the god of the harvest. Grim reaper, father time and santa claus are all in saturns image.
    Theres a story where Apollo (the sun) had the first "battle of the bands" ever. Apollo played his seven strings and Pan (Saturn) played his floot. Apollo won i think lmao
    If you're doing white magic for healing one tends to invoke the sun. When practicing black magic and destroying one tends to invoke the hidden sun or the black sun saturn.

Well I don't belive in mage it always interesting to see how people celebrate christmas , and other winter holidays .
  • Options
    sundaysimmersundaysimmer Posts: 201 Member
    edited November 2017

Thanks, that’s very interesting! :smile:
    Favourite TS1 packs: Superstar, Makin' Magic. Favourite TS2 packs: University, Open for Business, Seasons, Apartment Life. Favourite TS3 packs: Generations, Seasons, University Life. Favourite TS4 packs: Get Together, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Island Living, Discover University.
  • Options

Well I don't belive in mage it always interesting to see how people celebrate christmas , and other winter holidays .

I studied magic and the occult before i studied marketing and later on did armchair dabbling in psychology. Marketing is purely what occultists have called "black magic" for centuries lmao its entire purpose is to manipulate people in to doing and feeling things they otherwise wouldnt. Even "color magic" shows up in the "color theory" of marketing, right down to the effects certain colors have on the psyche of yourself or others.
    EA very recently put out an article utilizing occult numerology to lie to simmers about how many new users they gained. They use it on you whether you believe in it or not
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options

I studied magic and the occult before i studied marketing and later on did armchair dabbling in psychology. Marketing is purely what occultists have called "black magic" for centuries lmao its entire purpose is to manipulate people in to doing and feeling things they otherwise wouldnt. Even "color magic" shows up in the "color theory" of marketing, right down to the effects certain colors have on the psyche of yourself or others.
    EA very recently put out an article utilizing occult numerology to lie to simmers about how many new users they gained. They use it on you whether you believe in it or not

I can totally believe that!
    Favourite TS1 packs: Superstar, Makin' Magic. Favourite TS2 packs: University, Open for Business, Seasons, Apartment Life. Favourite TS3 packs: Generations, Seasons, University Life. Favourite TS4 packs: Get Together, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Island Living, Discover University.
  • Options

The more you know the more you can protect yourself from it :)
    You should look in to the origins of the word hollywood and hollywood magic. Fascinating stuff. The druids are still thriving today.
    Ive derailed this enough though i just loooooooove the holiday season and sharing the wisdom of the spirits with all. Soon the days will get longer and my seasonal depression can buuuuuurn and its a joyous time for my inner being lmao
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    I would really love it if they added some little things like relatives asking uncomfortable questions. Theres been a few hints pointing towards a future seasons or weathers pack too so it'd be nice if they slipped a few more hints...

Omg yes. It is not a holiday in my family unless someone is super awkward and embarassing everyone.
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options

The more you know the more you can protect yourself from it :)
    You should look in to the origins of the word hollywood and hollywood magic. Fascinating stuff. The druids are still thriving today.
    Ive derailed this enough though i just loooooooove the holiday season and sharing the wisdom of the spirits with all. Soon the days will get longer and my seasonal depression can buuuuuurn and its a joyous time for my inner being lmao

I love this season, too. :smile: And I enjoy learning more about other beliefs and traditions (comparative religious studies was my minor during my undergrad degree). But yes, we‘ve probably derailed the thread enough. :smiley:
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Oh also to add to the list of holiday things.
    They need holiday parties where you can request guests show up in a specific theme. Like having all the guests show up in various ugly christmas sweaters or all the guests coming in those super pretty wraps and saris we got for Diwali.
    Itd be cool if you could select pants, tops, full bodied things and accessories that the invited could randomly choose from but only the outfits you pre clicked for each holiday grouping. Since pre created formal and party outfits tend to lack these themes
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    As long as they fix the vampire powers bug I'll be happy.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited November 2017
    December ?

Cats & Dogs Bug Fix patch.

Generally we also get an Update to the Holiday Pack in December.

Generally we only get 1 update of FP01 Holiday Celebration Pack for each year, 2017 is already done :p
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited November 2017
    December ?

Generally we only get 1 update of FP01 Holiday Celebration Pack for each year, 2017 is already done :p

I think we get an update, like Christmas toddler suits, since they said they couldn't put free stuff into the quarterly teasers anymore because some isn't done yet which made me suspicious, because the Dwali stuff was released nearly right after the teaser. They must have already had most of the Dwali models finished. We already have seen all the 3D models of Laundry Day Stuff and that's releasing in 2018.
    This got me thinking that they are planning to add another update around Christmas to the Holiday Pack and they didn't had it finished around Oktober.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited November 2017
    Now what I hope they're adding in the December Patch:

-Burglars
    -Holiday Celebration Pack Update
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited November 2017

-Burglars

... or maybe a Free Tattoo Placement Tool like in October :p 🎅🎅🎅

• Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member

-Burglars
    What about hip hop? I mean hip hop has to do with burglars too!
  • Options
    12JEREMIA wrote: »

-Burglars
    What about hip hop? I mean hip hop has to do with burglars too!

:lol::lol::lol: Its true. I think we need a woohoo-trade career path too, complete with street-walker NPC's on corners
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited November 2017
    December ?

Yes but that was meant to replace Halloween and they just started adding more then 1 freepacks. I still think we may see a Christmas Update. Still too much is missing.

Last year the December Update was on December 1st which falls on Friday this year so hopefully Dec 5th Tuesday or Dec 7th Thursday of Next Week.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited November 2017
    Wasn't there in the announcement trailer (of cats and dogs) a dog with a santa hat and a dog costume as a wrapped gift? or did my eyes deceive me? (I haven't played with the EP myself so far, so maybe it is in there already, but I haven't seen any of that in the previews/reviews/streams.

Maybe that's part of the December patch?

Also there was a guru on Twitter who was commenting on someone asking about FireFighters. His answer was something like: 'Who needs Fire Fighters when you have... oh I said too much'..

I will see if I can find it.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Wasn't there in the announcement trailer (of cats and dogs) a dog with a santa hat and a dog costume as a wrapped gift? or did my eyes deceive me? (I haven't played with the EP myself so far, so maybe it is in there already, but I haven't seen any of that in the previews/reviews/streams.

Also there was a guru on Twitter who was commenting on someone asking about FireFighters. His answer was something like: 'Who needs Fire Fighters when you have... oh I said too much'..

You mean the launch trailer? I didn't see a dog with a santa hat or costume but it did show the holiday stuff like the trees,fireplace and reef.
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    edited November 2017
    rudy8292 wrote: »

Yeah they said something like that and Deligracy said something vague in a video about not showing the menu screen but it hasn’t amounted to anything (yet)
    Post edited by Lomelindi7 on
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    I'm hoping we'll finally get burglars, cop NPC's, burglar alarms, and the fire department (finally) in the December patch.

What I think is most likely are some Holiday Pack additions and a few bug fixes.

What would make my day is if they released an optional free add-on that adds basic weather (rainy and overcast days) to the game.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I just want more Christmas Items in the game for my sims.

Missing in action

Mantle Stockings
    Mistletoe
    Poinsettia-In this case we haven't had this since TS2.
    Gift Giving
    Christmas Wallpaper
    Santa Outfits,beards,hats and shoes
    Christmas Sweaters for Toddlers and Children
    Christmas Clothing and accessories for Pets
    Santa Npc

Also the Winter Holiday Station needs more songs.

yes please
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    If they released Burglars in December patch, I hope they won't break your house every single night..EA loves to do this, like when released the repairman, everything was breaking every hour ^.^