Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

December Patch Speculation 2017 (Patch Now Live)

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    rinre33 wrote: »
    What I want: Christmas appropriate out for for toddlers. O would really like more recolours for the Christmas tree, or just a new one. Stockings as you said would be a nice touch. And as someone alive me said, an update to cats and dogs so that dogs may sleep on beds.
    What I expect: but fixes for existing stuff as well as cats and dogs. Which will be fine with me too to be honest

Toddler Christmas outfits would be awesome :) I don't really expect anything else, though, because we just got a Holiday Pack update - just that it's one for people in the world who do something that isn't Christmas. Maybe we could get some Chinese/other Asian New Year things for different in the winter?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • dogboy678dogboy678 Posts: 200 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    I hope to see stockings that can be hung by the Sims with new interaction on fireplace, gift giving, mistletoe(not just décor) and the option to sing a Christmas carol.

Yes! All of this!
    What I want: Christmas appropriate out for for toddlers. O would really like more recolours for the Christmas tree, or just a new one. Stockings as you said would be a nice touch. And as someone alive me said, an update to cats and dogs so that dogs may sleep on beds.
    What I expect: but fixes for existing stuff as well as cats and dogs. Which will be fine with me too to be honest

Toddler Christmas outfits would be awesome :) I don't really expect anything else, though, because we just got a Holiday Pack update - just that it's one for people in the world who do something that isn't Christmas. Maybe we could get some Chinese/other Asian New Year things for different in the winter?

To be honest I’d rather have something more universal like Christmas than another’s obscure holiday. It’s is nice but I think everyone would enjoy Christmas.
  • sundaysimmersundaysimmer Posts: 201 Member
    dogboy678 wrote: »

To be honest I’d rather have something more universal like Christmas than another’s obscure holiday. It’s is nice but I think everyone would enjoy Christmas.

But Christmas isn't a "universal" holiday. I celebrate Christmas, too, but I'm glad Simmers from other cultures can celebrate their holidays, as well. They're not "obscure" for them.
    Favourite TS1 packs: Superstar, Makin' Magic. Favourite TS2 packs: University, Open for Business, Seasons, Apartment Life. Favourite TS3 packs: Generations, Seasons, University Life. Favourite TS4 packs: Get Together, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Island Living, Discover University.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Well, we got A LOT of bug fixes in the November patch in addition to some new features, and it's really great.

Since we're not getting any paid content this December, I hope we see the return of a feature from the previous games. I still miss burglars, police, and firemen to be honest, even if the sprinklers render the firemen obsolete. If they had only included a feature where cats could get stuck on trees, we'd at least see a new use for firemen. :D Even something simpler like body hair would be nice.

We might get new holiday items too. And like some of you have said, it could be toddler-related since we haven't gotten any yet.

And we'll probably get a fix to that bug where sane sims can flirt with themselves in the mirror introduced by the November patch, which seems like a simple enough fix for a noticeable problem.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Well, we got A LOT of bug fixes in the November patch in addition to some new features, and it's really great.

Since we're not getting any paid content this December, I hope we see the return of a feature from the previous games. I still miss burglars, police, and firemen to be honest, even if the sprinklers render the firemen obsolete. If they had only included a feature where cats could get stuck on trees, we'd at least see a new use for firemen. :D Even something simpler like body hair would be nice.

We might get new holiday items too. And like some of you have said, it could be toddler-related since we haven't gotten any yet.

And we'll probably get a fix to that bug where sane sims can flirt with themselves in the mirror introduced by the November patch, which seems like a simple enough fix for a noticeable problem.

Hahaha, I hadn't noticed that yet! But maybe that's just Sims feeling especially lonely this close to the holidays. :D
    Favourite TS1 packs: Superstar, Makin' Magic. Favourite TS2 packs: University, Open for Business, Seasons, Apartment Life. Favourite TS3 packs: Generations, Seasons, University Life. Favourite TS4 packs: Get Together, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Island Living, Discover University.
  • FrejaFreja Posts: 159 Member
    I would love something new and unknown like Diwali update we got on October. I never knew what Diwali was about, and because of this update I took a look to find out. So I really hope December update will be bringing up holidays that are not so close to Europeans/Americans. Winter holidays are about bringing all of us together and Earth is huge enough not to know every wintertime tradition.

Or at least we could get an option to throw a feast, probably most of people are eating on winter holidays like there is no tomorrow
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

Hahaha, I hadn't noticed that yet! But maybe that's just Sims feeling especially lonely this close to the holidays. :D

Someone had pointed it out, and I checked for myself. So it seems like everyone has it. :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I would love new Christmas objects! You can never have enough. I hope for some new toddler Christmas clothes. Some stockings. Maybe some New Years items like poppers and horns. Thin Christmas trees like you said. Maybe it could add some Christmas pet outfits for those who own dogs and cats.

Elf outfits for toddlers. :) And eventually I'd like to see the holiday sweaters for kids.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)

It was an update appropriate to the season though -- Diwali is usually celebrated toward the end of October; used to live in an apartment with a lot of Indian emigres and the smell of all the spices used in cooking was absolutely wonderful, plus seeing families putting up the Christmas lights they used for Diwali (they then left them up with the lights off until Christmas season) was fun. We could still get a December holiday update, maybe something small like more dressy outfits including one for toddlers.

I'm figuring a lot smaller patch, mostly bug fixes that didn't make the cut for this patch plus a patch for any glaring C&D content. Maybe they'll surprise us by adding dogs sleeping on beds, at least smaller dogs.

Here in Silicon Valley Diwali is a really big deal because of the many Indians who have come here to work in the tech field. I really like it when they add items from other cultures (like the variety of foods we got in CL, or the Day of the Dead celebration from last year). It helps me add more diversity to my worlds and my Sims.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    I hope to see stockings that can be hung by the Sims with new interaction on fireplace, gift giving, mistletoe(not just décor) and the option to sing a Christmas carol.

Yes I agree. Stockings are only available as cc now.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    What about the radio station bug fixes for Kids Room Stuff and Bowling Night Stuff?

What type of bug?

Here in Silicon Valley Diwali is a really big deal because of the many Indians who have come here to work in the tech field. I really like it when they add items from other cultures (like the variety of foods we got in CL, or the Day of the Dead celebration from last year). It helps me add more diversity to my worlds and my Sims.

True it not that I don’t like these things on one side you could see as including mor epeople but on the other you could see it as leaving other people out. Don’t get me wrong also love having the different cultures in the game. But the way I see it Christmas includes everyone all different cultures and religions celebrate in different ways during the holidays. But either way I’m glad it makes people happy.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Hopefully the ability for vampires to visit other lots without losing their perks. It's going to be a pity that I have to wait a month to play again.

True it not that I don’t like these things on one side you could see as including mor epeople but on the other you could see it as leaving other people out. Don’t get me wrong also love having the different cultures in the game. But the way I see it Christmas includes everyone all different cultures and religions celebrate in different ways during the holidays. But either way I’m glad it makes people happy.

But not everybody celebrates Christmas, not all cultures do and certainly not all religions. In fact, it's really only one religion that celebrates Christmas. In that sense, focussing on Christmas more than other holidays excludes more cultures and religions than it includes.

I don't mean to pick a fight or step on your toes, I just think it's important to acknowledge this. I definitely agree with you that I want every player to be happy with this game and how they can make it theirs. :)
  • motleydreammotleydream Posts: 44 Member
    edited November 2017

"Christmas." Christ-mas.

It has the name of a religious figure in its very name. It's a somewhat "universally recognized" holiday. 9 people out of 10 will probably know what it is, yeah, but only one religion celebrates, and, technically only *most* sects of that religion celebrate it.

I mean, I wouldn't mind seeing stuff added for it, but it's hard;y something EVERYONE celebrates.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I want gift giving back thats in a lot of holidays birthdays mothers day fathers day weddings and so many more gift giving needs to be in there
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited November 2017
    There are lots of religions that have some kind of Winter Solstice celebration. Most of them, in fact. That's why we got Diwalli decorations that are plenty nice for everybody to look at. We have some Hanukkah decor already. Those wall lights especially can be scattered all over the place for any celebration.

Hinduism's the fourth most common religion in the world, so why shouldn't they have holiday recognition in the Sims?

But only the Christian religion celebrates December 25th for actual, technical Christmas.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
    Bug fixes.

More of them.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    I've got it all figured, now.

Snow in the December patch.

And and...

Do you know what's bound to keep you warm in the winter snow?

Body hair.

I'm telling you all now. It's a perfect theory. Snow and Body Hair Patch.

I should have named myself BodyHairLover5000 instead of Monday, because I am a one-note machine, and I'll see myself out.
    a63ftuN.png
    I don't know about December, but since doing body hair accurately would require alterations to CAS itself, it might be a free thing. Also it would work great with Werewolves.
  • SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    I just want them to fix vampires.
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Maybe bug fixes for all the things that will inevitably break with pets? Haha I don’t know. Not expecting a lot in December