Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• Options
    DrygonBladeDrygonBlade Posts: 251
    edited July 2012
    I just wanted to apologize to everyone for not being able to comment on everyone's builds. I did give a quick look at most of them and there are some amazing builds all!
    I will hopefully find the time this weekend to comment and rec'd.
  • Options
    nikkifinnikkifin Posts: 128
    edited July 2012
    mgolden27 wrote:
    nikkifin wrote:
    mgolden27 wrote:
    Amby316 wrote:
    When you say No CC in this challenge does that also mean patterns that I DL'd from the exchange?

CC would mean no patterns from the exchange. The basics here mean you can only use and recolor stuff you would find if you just had sims 3 on your pc and that's it. No extras at all.

amby 316 I have found it helpfull to use the ep filter. and just click the sims3 to get only that content. be carefull though purchased content also shows up.

Also what are others doing with those two small rooms off the bedroom. Can't make a laundry room, or tear down walls. Im finding that part challenging. Only three bedrooms and three baths. Hmmmm???

All I'm going to say is there is a link to pictures of this finished if anyone wants a peek at ideas. it was posted with the challenge and it's done down to the very last piece of landscaping. (Although it has the wrong garage door, sorry)

Thank you everyone who's wished my son well. It'll be a long process, but he's being a trooper. :)

I missed something in all this. but im up to speed now. I hope your son recovers swiftly, praying everything goes great.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    mgolden27 wrote:
    Amby316 wrote:
    When you say No CC in this challenge does that also mean patterns that I DL'd from the exchange?

CC would mean no patterns from the exchange. The basics here mean you can only use and recolor stuff you would find if you just had sims 3 on your pc and that's it. No extras at all.

Also i noticed in the pics that the island was used. so that means we can still use the cheat codes to move objects still?? just want to be sure. Sorry so many questions its my second build.
  • Options
    EleneKEleneK Posts: 142 Member
    edited July 2012
    I have to pack my apartment and therefore don't have time to play with the nice pretty historic house. :cry: I did just do a craftsman though and I would like to actually finish the A-frame I started for the last challenge. Have fun guys.

The Achilles. That's quite a bit of rehab. Kids get over injuries quicker than adults though. And he'll have a really cool scar to brag about in the future.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    ashley1693 wrote:

HOLY WOW BATMAN! You should change your screen name to:
    "RocketFuelAshley".

I am flabbergasted at how quickly you got this challenge done. I haven't even started.
    I think you did a good job making it a "Craftsman Style". The colors you chose worked out well. The view of the living room (looking to it though the dining area)reminded me of a friends house. Definitely liked the master suite.
    I was, however, surprised that you didn't do any landscaping. You have progressed so much in the last 4 builds, I thought for sure you would have put in a pond or created a cool fountain. (I hope you don't take this as me being judgmental or sarcastic-I am just surprised, that's all.)

• Options
    ashley1693ashley1693 Posts: 277 New Member
    edited July 2012
    ashley1693 wrote:

"RocketFuelAshley".

I am flabbergasted at how quickly you got this challenge done. I haven't even started.
    I think you did a good job making it a "Craftsman Style". The colors you chose worked out well. The view of the living room (looking to it though the dining area)reminded me of a friends house. Definitely liked the master suite.
    I was, however, surprised that you didn't do any landscaping. You have progressed so much in the last 4 builds, I thought for sure you would have put in a pond or created a cool fountain. (I hope you don't take this as me being judgmental or sarcastic-I am just surprised, that's all.)

thanks. i was thinking of landscaping, but didnt really feel like it. & there are a few small things i forgot to add too :/
  • Options
    Amby316Amby316 Posts: 1,408 Member
    edited July 2012
    EleneK wrote:
    I have to pack my apartment and therefore don't have time to play with the nice pretty historic house. :cry: I did just do a craftsman though and I would like to actually finish the A-frame I started for the last challenge. Have fun guys.

The Achilles. That's quite a bit of rehab. Kids get over injuries quicker than adults though. And he'll have a really cool scar to brag about in the future.

Be strong and I will keep your family in my prayers. Get well soon to your son.
  • Options
    aml1855aml1855 Posts: 107 New Member
    edited July 2012
    Heres my entry

NAME: aml1855

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6128652

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s1169.photobucket.com/albums/r508/aml1855/The Ludlow/?action=view&current=Screenshot-465.jpg

LEVEL: Intermediate

LOT SIZE ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 40x40, 299 Skyborough Blvd, $141,248

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: This Beautiful Craftsman style home is 3beds 3baths and perfect for those who are just starting out or maybe even empty nesters. This home offers a large open 2-story entry, LR/DR, Library, wonderful kitchen and 2 garage, with room for art studio and MUCH MORE!

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Well its finally done. Hope you like it.

NAME: Nikkifin

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6129038

LINK TO MEDIA: http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=415107

LEVEL: Beginer

LOT SIZE ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 40x40, 647 Farmer Valley Rd., $119,116

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: All sims 3 content. no ep materials or CC. all made by using the tool editor. Since its all back to basics I placed the lot in Riverview.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    ashley1693 wrote:
    ashley1693 wrote:

"RocketFuelAshley".

thanks. i was thinking of landscaping, but didnt really feel like it. & there are a few small things i forgot to add too :/

Well, you still have till the 1st. you could go back in and take care of the things you forgot to add. I do think it would benefit you when it comes time for judging. 8)
  • Options
    ashley1693ashley1693 Posts: 277 New Member
    edited July 2012
    ashley1693 wrote:
    ashley1693 wrote:

"RocketFuelAshley".

Well, you still have till the 1st. you could go back in and take care of the things you forgot to add. I do think it would benefit you when it comes time for judging. 8)

im thinking about doing that. ading to it, then take more pics & reupload/update the form. im about 70% sure that i'll do it sometime this week lol.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    ashley1693 wrote:
    im thinking about doing that. ading to it, then take more pics & reupload/update the form. im about 70% sure that i'll do it sometime this week lol.
    LOL! :lol: I understand that 70% feeling all too well.
  • Options
    JoubertCGJoubertCG Posts: 106 New Member
    edited July 2012
    Won't be entering this one. :(

Love the idea of base only objects, but finding the funky walls from using the constrainFloorelevation cheat a bit complexing to work with.

Good luck to all that participate! Looking forward to seeing what you all come up with!
  • Options
    Greenowl77Greenowl77 Posts: 253 Member
    edited July 2012
    I am not finding the *Constrainfloorelevation* walls to be nearly as much trouble as the complete lack of decorative items... I totally forgot how light the original game was on items.

Anyhow I am still having a great time, I can't wait to look at the finished builds but I am waiting until I am done. Hopefully that will be today or tomorrow.
  • Options
    mgolden27mgolden27 Posts: 369 New Member
    edited July 2012
    Everyone's doing great so far. Just a note that from now on I won't be using this persona on the site. Due to issues with the site all of my stuff is missing for me to access it. As far as I know my links through the exchange still work, but EA said it could take weeks for me to know if I'll get it all back. To be on the safe side I had to set up a new account with a game I hadn't registered yet, so could I change the name on my entry but keep the old link? I can reupload the house if needed for my new account. I wasn't sure if this was okay or not. Just let me know. Thanks. Here is my new profile, it's milynn80 http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/milynn80

So since I will be uploading all my new builds to this new page, I'm just going to stick with it as I don't want to be going back and forth. Not to mention half the time I post, my posts are disappearing. I hope this one sticks. :shock:
  • Options
    milynn80milynn80 Posts: 119 New Member
    edited July 2012
    mgolden27 wrote:
    Everyone's doing great so far. Just a note that from now on I won't be using this persona on the site. Due to issues with the site all of my stuff is missing for me to access it. As far as I know my links through the exchange still work, but EA said it could take weeks for me to know if I'll get it all back. To be on the safe side I had to set up a new account with a game I hadn't registered yet, so could I change the name on my entry but keep the old link? I can reupload the house if needed for my new account. I wasn't sure if this was okay or not. Just let me know. Thanks. Here is my new profile, it's milynn80 http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/milynn80

So since I will be uploading all my new builds to this new page, I'm just going to stick with it as I don't want to be going back and forth. Not to mention half the time I post, my posts are disappearing. I hope this one sticks. :shock:

It stuck, well that's something at least. Okay, now I can go take a closer look at the newer entries.
  • Options
    ZYIsSimsZYIsSims Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited July 2012
    does the no buydebug items also include the fogemmiter?
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Yes unfortunately. :( Sorry, next time I'll make sure to go through stuff that comes with the basic game so we can allow items like that.
  • Options
    anniepksanniepks Posts: 561 Member
    edited July 2012
    Well I finally finsihed. Whew, the first house I uploaded had some ep stuff so I had to start over from scratch. The second one is only original content. Now I just have to upload all my pics and make a story. That's a tomorrow thing. And maybe the next day too.

Good luck to everyone still working. :D
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    anniepks wrote:
    Well I finally finsihed. Whew, the first house I uploaded had some ep stuff so I had to start over from scratch. The second one is only original content. Now I just have to upload all my pics and make a story. That's a tomorrow thing. And maybe the next day too.

Good luck to everyone still working. :D

Can't wait to see it annie! :)
  • Options
    JGrocks2010JGrocks2010 Posts: 45
    edited July 2012
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

NAME: JGrocks2010

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6146012

LINK TO MEDIA:http: http://s1063.photobucket.com/albums/t512/NZsnowboarder2012/Build n Share The Craftsman/?action=view&current=Screenshot-77.jpg#!oZZ6QQcurrentZZhttp://s1063.photobucket.com/albums/t512/NZsnowboarder2012/Build%20n%20Share%20%20The%20Craftsman/?action=view&current=Screenshot-72.jpg

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: No optional challenge

LEVEL: Beginner

LOT SIZE ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 40 X 40.Fully furnished final cost $154,965.00.

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: A lovely 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom home, traditional style living area, lovely colours, landscaping and outdoor pool area.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please.

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: No custom content was used.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #159-160 Big Budget Craftsman

NAME: AnniePKS

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6144507

LINK TO MEDIA: http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=415896

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: There wasn't one this time.

LOT SIZE ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 40x40 lot 455 Sunnyside Blvd. in Sunset Valley Final total $149,752

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom craftsman. I put a pond on the lot. Set up on the beach. Only originial game content, no cc, no store, no ep, no sp. All patterns original most are recolored.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please.

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: None used.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Well this was a tough challenge.

Ashley1693 - It says your lot has World Adventures stuff. It could be the slide or the pots and pans hanging in the kitchen. I'm not sure about any of it. I love the office in the master suite and the baby gate.

aml1855 - It says you have Late Night stuff. It might be the guest bedroom shelving or an outside plant. I'm not sure about any of it. I really like your pool and your use of white throughout.

nikkifin - It says you have Ambitions stuff. I'm pretty sure it's your jungle gym outside. The only thing I think came with the original was a swing set. I love the rug in your sitting room and nice fountain in the pool.

JGrocks - It says you have Pets and World Adventure stuff. Also, you were over the $150,000 budget. I think the EP stuff may be the fuseball table and the umbrella, but again I'm not certain. I really like your pool.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    anniepks wrote:
    Well this was a tough challenge.

Ashley1693 - It says your lot has World Adventures stuff. It could be the slide or the pots and pans hanging in the kitchen. I'm not sure about any of it. I love the office in the master suite and the baby gate.

aml1855 - It says you have Late Night stuff. It might be the guest bedroom shelving or an outside plant. I'm not sure about any of it. I really like your pool and your use of white throughout.

nikkifin - It says you have Ambitions stuff. I'm pretty sure it's your jungle gym outside. The only thing I think came with the original was a swing set. I love the rug in your sitting room and nice fountain in the pool.

JGrocks - It says you have Pets and World Adventure stuff. Also, you were over the $150,000 budget. I think the EP stuff may be the fuseball table and the umbrella, but again I'm not certain. I really like your pool.

I will def have to check. I used the sims 3 filter, so i thought I used all sims 3 stuff. thanks for the heads up!!!.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    anniepks wrote:
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #159-160 Big Budget Craftsman

NAME: AnniePKS

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6144507

LINK TO MEDIA: http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=415896

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: There wasn't one this time.

LOT SIZE ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 40x40 lot 455 Sunnyside Blvd. in Sunset Valley Final total $149,752

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom craftsman. I put a pond on the lot. Set up on the beach. Only originial game content, no cc, no store, no ep, no sp. All patterns original most are recolored.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please.

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: None used.

Nice job!! love the dining room.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top