Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• Options
    JGrocks2010JGrocks2010 Posts: 45
    edited July 2012
    anniepks wrote:

I have changed the garage doors to ones from the base game. I also found trees in the garden from world adventures so far i have no idea what the late night content is but i will keep on searching till tomorrow.

Re upload + took some new pics of the house because i also forgot that you weren't allowed to change the colour of the windows.

Also is it possible to delete the old entry form ?

I don't think you can delete it, but you can edit it.
    Also, it says pets and world adventures. I haven't looked at the pics yet, but I wonder if you changed the garage doors, because the original ones were from pets.

Oops, can't see your pics. Sorry. :cry:
  • Options
    Kulthero777Kulthero777 Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited July 2012
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (BNS 156-160 - Big Budget Craftsman)

NAME: Kulthero777

LINK TO LOT: Juniper

LINK TO MEDIA: YouTube

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: N/A

LEVEL: Advanced

LOT SIZE ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 40x40 $150k

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: This Craftsman style family home embraces the Arts & Crafts movement by using natural architectural & decorative elements. Features 3 bedrooms (master, nursury & guest), 3 full bathrooms (downstairs, jack & jill, master), open floorplan kitchen w/breakfast bar, dining room, living room, den (study) w/fireplace, wrap around front porch, 2 car garage, storage, fenced back yard w/barbeque patio & play area.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please.

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: None used. Base Game Only.
  • Options
    anniepksanniepks Posts: 561 Member
    edited July 2012
    Kulthero77 - Nice study. Love the nursery bathroom with the potty inside the bathroom. Nice homey touches throughout.
  • Options
    Greenowl77Greenowl77 Posts: 253 Member
    edited July 2012
    Kulthero777 - Loved your video, it was...well.... epic. My favorite thing (besides the musical score) was your use of slate blue. The paneling really pops and the design is so lovely. Again, I wish I would have put my kitchen where you did, honestly makes more sense but I just did not see it. Great Job!
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Thank you for the feedback guys! I just love that color of blue :)
  • Options
    nikkifinnikkifin Posts: 128
    edited August 2012
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (BNS 156-160 - Big Budget Craftsman)

NAME: Kulthero777

LINK TO LOT: Juniper

LINK TO MEDIA: YouTube

LEVEL: Advanced

LOT SIZE ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 40x40 $150k

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: This Craftsman style family home embraces the Arts & Crafts movement by using natural architectural & decorative elements. Features 3 bedrooms (master, nursury & guest), 3 full bathrooms (downstairs, jack & jill, master), open floorplan kitchen w/breakfast bar, dining room, living room, den (study) w/fireplace, wrap around front porch, 2 car garage, storage, fenced back yard w/barbeque patio & play area.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please.

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: None used. Base Game Only.

Loved the musical score. It made me think i was watching a movie! ;) also loved the wallpaper. One question I thought the challenge was to use what they had not replacing doors or adding windows. Maybe I got that part wrong. Other than that. I LOVE the house. By far the best i've seen!!
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Thank you Nikkifin :) The music is a soundtrack I received as part of the World of Warcraft Collector's edition, the track is called Defenders of Azeroth. I know, it is pretty epic, but I dont have many mp3's on my pc since I use Pandora now.

The requirements did say that we could change windows and doors as long as they took up the same amount of space as the one's that were there before. I wasn't sure about the roof, but saw that another person had changed it, so I went for it.

KH
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Thank you Nikkifin :) The music is a soundtrack I received as part of the World of Warcraft Collector's edition, the track is called Defenders of Azeroth. I know, it is pretty epic, but I dont have many mp3's on my pc since I use Pandora now.

The requirements did say that we could change windows and doors as long as they took up the same amount of space as the one's that were there before. I wasn't sure about the roof, but saw that another person had changed it, so I went for it.

KH

Awesome I love it!!. nice use of staging items in the perfect spot to make the house flow nicely.
  • Options
    JGrocks2010JGrocks2010 Posts: 45
    edited August 2012
    I'm pulling out of this challange. It seams not matter how many times i look i can not find the expansion pack stuff. good luck to everyone else, cant wait for the next challange, i hope i have better luck with it.
  • Options
    shadowinsimsshadowinsims Posts: 35 New Member
    edited August 2012
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM - #159-160 • Big Budget Craftsman

NAME: shadowinsims

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6185485

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a261/swiftrayne/sims/Build Challenge/159-160 - Craftsman/?albumview=slideshow

LEVEL: Intermediate

LOT SIZE ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 40X40, 86 Landgraab Ave, §146,843

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: This craftsman style house features a master bedroom suite, nursery, guest bedroom, 3 bathrooms, formal living room, formal dining room, informal living room, activity room, outdoor play area, patio, pool and in-ground hot-tub/kiddie pool. Decorated in warm and comfy colors, you’ll feel right at home in any room.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITCISM: Yes please.

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: N/A

Note: In a few of the photos it appears that the lights are off; they aren't. IDK what the deal was, but no matter what I tried, I couldn't make it look like the light was on. Especially in the (former garage) activity room. :/ Oh well. Also, it was a bear to get decent pics of most of this house. :shock:
  • Options
    anniepksanniepks Posts: 561 Member
    edited August 2012
    Shadowinsims - Love the front post near the mailbox, the sandbox and the wallpaper in the study is awesome!
  • Options
    scorpiophoenixscorpiophoenix Posts: 2,289 Member
    edited August 2012
    New challenge up in a about an hour!
  • Options
    Amby316Amby316 Posts: 1,408 Member
    edited August 2012

WOO HOO! I am very excited about a new challenge... :mrgreen:
  • Options
    ashley1693ashley1693 Posts: 277 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Amby316 wrote:

Me: "already??"
    *checks calender*
    "Oh, yeah, its August 1st!...that was fast."

usually it seems to go so slow, because i finish faster than i should.... are the last challenge bunkers judged yet?
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM - #159-160 • Big Budget Craftsman

NAME: shadowinsims

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6185485

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a261/swiftrayne/sims/Build Challenge/159-160 - Craftsman/?albumview=slideshow

LOT SIZE ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 40X40, 86 Landgraab Ave, §146,843

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: This craftsman style house features a master bedroom suite, nursery, guest bedroom, 3 bathrooms, formal living room, formal dining room, informal living room, activity room, outdoor play area, patio, pool and in-ground hot-tub/kiddie pool. Decorated in warm and comfy colors, you’ll feel right at home in any room.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITCISM: Yes please.

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: N/A

Note: In a few of the photos it appears that the lights are off; they aren't. IDK what the deal was, but no matter what I tried, I couldn't make it look like the light was on. Especially in the (former garage) activity room. :/ Oh well. Also, it was a bear to get decent pics of most of this house. :shock:

Nice house. love the wallpaper. Im always scared to use contrasting colors, but after seeing this i def have to give it a try. great job!!
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    ashley1693 wrote:
    Amby316 wrote:

*checks calender*

usually it seems to go so slow, because i finish faster than i should.... are the last challenge bunkers judged yet?

They picked a winner for the beginning catagory and the optional challenge. but no intermediate or advanced yet. ???
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Here is the link for the fallout shelter results!!!
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/330/279926.page#9095709
  • Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited August 2012
    New Challenge is posted! :D

You still have to midnight to post your entries for the previous challenge so keep them coming! :D
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    Amby316Amby316 Posts: 1,408 Member
    edited August 2012
    Still only beginner results, no intermediate or advanced available....*sigh* hope all is well with the judges

As far as the new challenge is concerned, are there any restrictions besides the budget? You know like No CC etc.?
  • Options
    scorpiophoenixscorpiophoenix Posts: 2,289 Member
    edited August 2012
    nikkifin wrote:
    ashley1693 wrote:
    Amby316 wrote:

*checks calender*

They picked a winner for the beginning catagory and the optional challenge. but no intermediate or advanced yet. ???

I have Advanced and it should be up tomorrow!
  • Options
    shadowinsimsshadowinsims Posts: 35 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Greenowl77 wrote:
    shadowsims: I would be happy to clarify. If you use the terrain editor (add a small knoll or depression in the lot, it can give you a three dimensional idea of where the terrain paint should go. Also if you use the smallest circle and use the least solid setting on the raise terrain you can raise the soil just around your trees. In real life even a mostly level lot has some distinction over the area. Landscaping is a chore and I am not going to lie, there will be times when that undo button becomes your best friend and your worst enemy at the same time. To me a completely level lot is almost eyecatching because it seems so unnatural.

I hope that my explanation helps, for me the terrain is hated but it really makes the build POP! when it's done carefully.

Thanks for the tips! I tried it on this latest build (mostly raising the terrain and using the terrain paint around the trees)... sadly, I didn't get to play with it much and I'm gonna need quite a bit more practice, but it's a start. Probably going to take a while for me to get the hang of it.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    For the new challenge. I do not own Lucky palms so cannot incorporate some of there stuff in my entry. Is is ok to just have modern touches???
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    wow... i was working on that for about 7 hours....
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    NAME: ashley1693

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6190873

LINK TO MEDIA:http: http://s1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii574/ashley_md151993/Principle Challenge/

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: created family, adopted a kid.

(what qualifies as advanced?)

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 30x30, 365 Oak Grove Road, $104,810

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: "basement": garage, gym. 1st floor: kitchen, dining, bathroom. floor 2: living, office, large bathrooms. no idea what the point of the mirrors is. i guess to make the bathroom look bigger. i got the idea from a friends relatives house on Easter when i was about 10. before noticing the mirrors i though "wow, this bathroom is huge!" floor 3: kids room, master/parents room and bathroom, tiny porch, teens room.

Paulio: i got the pink tie idea from my 8th grade principal. He always wore something pink. He got the athletic shirt from the old school district. it is a walking mummy, the Lucky Palms mascot for a healthy body. His swim suit goes along with his good sense of humor; as a pe teacher he wore the duck donut/floaty to boost his swim students confidence.

Lolita used to be an art teacher. her students are sad to see her go, but they had to move after her husbands new job opportunity. There is no Art teacher needed at the new school, so the school has decided to let her teach art to the special needs students.

Moira is artsy like her mom & even wears a shirt she threw paint at as an art project. She is almost always grumpy now though. She is angry at her dad for making her move away from her friends. But thankfully her boyfriend lives just down the street from them! No more dangerous "long distance" relationship!

Ulysses wants to be just like his dad, so he wears a tie and does his best at school every day. He also wears a lucky hat.

Im actually very disappointed with how it turned out. i tried to base it off an older house i had me, but it just came out bad.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: i forgot i had to do this and i have no idea who created my custom content... well, a compromise if thats ok: i did NOT create ANY custom content that i used and i take no credit for any cool stuff.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Green_Girly100Green_Girly100 Posts: 296 Member
    edited August 2012
    ashley1693 wrote:
    NAME: ashley1693

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6190873

LINK TO MEDIA:http: http://s1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii574/ashley_md151993/Princ
    iple%20Challenge/

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: created family, adopted a kid.

(what qualifies as advanced?)

Hi Ashley... your link isn't working for me, would you mind editing your post with the correct link? I'd love to take a look at your lot :)

regarding your question about the levels, heres a little info from the front page to help you decide:
    A description of the three major level categories

Beginner--I have a little experience, but I'm still figuring a lot of things out. I would not call myself an official "builder" at this point.

Intermediate--I have been building for awhile. I know the basics and maybe a little more. I enjoy building, but it is not my primary focus with the game.

Advanced--I know the Sims, and the Sims knows me. My name is familiar to a lot of veteran players, and I've competed in and won some building challenges and maybe even been recognized in a community showcase or two. I know most of the cheats AND I know how to use them.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top