Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• Options
    mgolden27mgolden27 Posts: 369 New Member
    edited July 2012
    i downloaded, and in the sims 3 launcher it says; "This item had dependencies on [Expansion Packs] or [Stuff Packs] content that seems to be missing [from my game] The missing [Expansion Packs] or [Stuff Packs] content will be replaced with proxies"

LOL

Ahh, I'm sorry everyone. I think I figured it out...the garage doors! Sorry, I didn't catch it on my run through. I left so quick and I was exhausted last night and still didn't catch it. So the garage doors can just get replaced with the regular ones. They can be done in white or whatever wood color you choose. I just looked at the build I did and it never hit me until I was searching through my pics on photobucket that I realized the garage doors had windows in them and that means pets. Sorry. :?

Thanks annie. He tore his achilles tendon falling through a glass table. He will be fine in the long run, we hope. Just was very scary and a whole lot of other stuff. I'm just a bit mentally exhausted from the past 48 hours. I should be back to normal in about 8 weeks once his cast comes off and he's able to move around more on his own.
  • Options
    ashley1693ashley1693 Posts: 277 New Member
    edited July 2012
    mgolden27 wrote:
    i downloaded, and in the sims 3 launcher it says; "This item had dependencies on [Expansion Packs] or [Stuff Packs] content that seems to be missing [from my game] The missing [Expansion Packs] or [Stuff Packs] content will be replaced with proxies"

LOL

Ahh, I'm sorry everyone. I think I figured it out...the garage doors! Sorry, I didn't catch it on my run through. I left so quick and I was exhausted last night and still didn't catch it. So the garage doors can just get replaced with the regular ones. They can be done in white or whatever wood color you choose. I just looked at the build I did and it never hit me until I was searching through my pics on photobucket that I realized the garage doors had windows in them and that means pets. Sorry. :?

Thanks annie. He tore his achilles tendon falling through a glass table. He will be fine in the long run, we hope. Just was very scary and a whole lot of other stuff. I'm just a bit mentally exhausted from the past 48 hours. I should be back to normal in about 8 weeks once his cast comes off and he's able to move around more on his own.

lol thats ok i assumed it was just a mistake; also, who fell through a table & how??
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    ashley1693 wrote:
    mgolden27 wrote:

LOL

lol thats ok i assumed it was just a mistake; also, who fell through a table & how??

My son did on Tuesday night after dinner. He was chasing my 8yr old and put his foot on the table, used too much pressure pretending to go after her, and his foot went right through the top. When he pulled the foot up, it sliced down through his achille's tendon to the heel bone. He had to have emergency surgery that night to reconnect the tendon and reconstruct his ankle. So it's been a rough couple of days. I was just so relieved it wasn't an artery, it's made me a bit less hysterical about the entire thing.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    can i get rid of a door inside the house?
  • Options
    JoubertCGJoubertCG Posts: 106 New Member
    edited July 2012
    Greenowl77 wrote:

JoubertCG : Lovely work on this one. And I am still dying to know how you guys made the multi-level basements be visible with large open spaces! I have to learn this....

The open space was only visible from the 2nd story. :/ All I did was place floor tile and then delete it.

For whatever reason, it kept a roof over the 3rd story?
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    ashley1693 wrote:

Not this time, part of the challenge is to see what you all make of the rooms with those items where they are. You can put a different kind of door or window, but they have to take up the same amount of space/squares. Sorry ashley.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    mgolden27 wrote:
    ashley1693 wrote:

Not this time, part of the challenge is to see what you all make of the rooms with those items where they are. You can put a different kind of door or window, but they have to take up the same amount of space/squares. Sorry ashley.

thanks, sorry i forgot to ask: can i change the floor? or does it have to stay wood?
  • Options
    Greenowl77Greenowl77 Posts: 253 Member
    edited July 2012
    Oh boy, I just downloaded the house and I decided to start with the room that has the fireplace....I hate that room, I think this build is going to be a challenge for sure cause getting objects to fit well (and be usable) in some of the interior spaces is going to be nasty.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    ashley1693 wrote:
    mgolden27 wrote:
    ashley1693 wrote:

thanks, sorry i forgot to ask: can i change the floor? or does it have to stay wood?

The floor can be changed I just placed the wood flooring that doesn't cost anything so you can replace it without having to delete the tiles to conserve money.

Good luck Greenowl, it's not a fun room. That's why I loved this floor plan, it's pretty challenging depending on how you normally like to build and decorate. Especially with only base game items. :)
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    mgolden27 wrote:
    ashley1693 wrote:
    mgolden27 wrote:
    ashley1693 wrote:

The floor can be changed I just placed the wood flooring that doesn't cost anything so you can replace it without having to delete the tiles to conserve money.

Good luck Greenowl, it's not a fun room. That's why I loved this floor plan, it's pretty challenging depending on how you normally like to build and decorate. Especially with only base game items. :)

thanks. & i liked the house o.o what i didnt like was the master bedroom. but i *think* i made it work. im done now. lol. uploading asap
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    [/quote]

My son did on Tuesday night after dinner. He was chasing my 8yr old and put his foot on the table, used too much pressure pretending to go after her, and his foot went right through the top. When he pulled the foot up, it sliced down through his achille's tendon to the heel bone. He had to have emergency surgery that night to reconnect the tendon and reconstruct his ankle. So it's been a rough couple of days. I was just so relieved it wasn't an artery, it's made me a bit less hysterical about the entire thing. [/quote]

wow i hope he feels better soon, but lol, if it were me, my mom wouldve killed me!
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    NAME: ashley1693

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6116790

LINK TO MEDIA:http: http://s1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii574/ashley_md151993/challenge 159-160 Big budget craftman/ (family in the pictures was not uploaded with the house)

LEVEL: Intermediate

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 40x40, 2500 Pinochle Point, $137, 342

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: downstairs; kitches w/ island & small table, closet for trash, bathroom, dining area, living room, sitting/family room.
    baby gates a bottom/top of stairs
    master bedroom with closet, room to study, bathroom
    baby room
    childrens bathroom, even has cute ocean themed covers over the faucet to protect from burns or bumps.
    small guest room
    play area is behind the kitchen, so children can be watched while a parent is cooking.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes
  • Options
    sugarplumpixiessugarplumpixies Posts: 188
    edited July 2012
    with the garage door, i have pets, so i can use that door. Should i keep it or change it with a base game one?
  • Options
    Amby316Amby316 Posts: 1,408 Member
    edited July 2012
    Greenowl77 wrote:
    Amby316 : You did an excellent job on the master bedroom. The colors are vibrant and the layout works well in that room. Also I like your pool area, the plants really make that room POP! BTW, is your Sim able to go down the stairs with them having plants so close? Mine just refuse to do it....

I didn't think to play it for testing purposes....oopsie. I will check the stairs/plants sitch. Thanks for the compliments 0n the Master Bedroom and the Spa (pool/hot tub) area. They are both my fave parts of the build. With an unlimited budget the shelter would have been epic lol.
  • Options
    DrygonBladeDrygonBlade Posts: 251
    edited July 2012
    mgolden27 wrote:
    I had to rush my son to the hospital, so if I missed something I can change it quick. I'll be home soon to do that. :(
    I hope your son is ok. What happened? Shoot me a message and let me know how things went.

EDIT: Never mind. I read ahead...
  • Options
    DrygonBladeDrygonBlade Posts: 251
    edited July 2012
    nikkifin wrote:
    Very nice! Were do you all get the beautiful pictures? I cannot find any nor do i know how to use the digital frames. Still a newbie.

I JUST NOW realized you meant the pictures on the wall. DUH! I feel like an idiot. Most of them are from EP & SP's. The others are downloaded from SimcredibleDesigns. They offer a ton of cool stuff, free to download. You'll just need to install an easy to use file extractor. (all info is on the site) They have some of the neatest plants to!
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    with the garage door, i have pets, so i can use that door. Should i keep it or change it with a base game one?

It should be replaced. Base only, thanks for asking. Sorry about the mistake.
  • Options
    shadowinsimsshadowinsims Posts: 35 New Member
    edited July 2012
    Greenowl77 wrote:
    shadowinsims : First off, I like the junk piles. I think you might want to landscape the terrain a little so there is a little feature to the terrain. I think that helps with getting the terrain paint just right. However all bets are off on your interior design....Charlie's place is just fantastically modern and spacious! My favorite part of your build is your kitchen...I want a kitchen like that....

Thank you for the compliments on my build! I had a ton of fun creating it and is by far my favorite build so far, personal or for a challenge. Could you please clarify what you thought I should have done in the way of the landscape for the terrain? I was a little unsure of what you meant. I really want improve my builds, and it's no secret that landscaping is my biggest challenge. Some con-crit from a previous challenge really helped me in this one. For the above ground part though, I was going for something as plain and even off-putting as possible. Something that would make people not think about or even look twice at.

I really love the kitchen as well. I want the whole house though! I keep designing houses in game and saying that they're my dream home, but I think this is definitely my dream home. Well, the part below ground is. Would definitely be nice for tornado season... which is most of the year here. I'd want something a lot nicer looking and more functional above ground as well though. I actually plan on redoing the part above ground to make it look nicer for future use.
  • Options
    Greenowl77Greenowl77 Posts: 253 Member
    edited July 2012
    shadowsims: I would be happy to clarify. If you use the terrain editor (add a small knoll or depression in the lot, it can give you a three dimensional idea of where the terrain paint should go. Also if you use the smallest circle and use the least solid setting on the raise terrain you can raise the soil just around your trees. In real life even a mostly level lot has some distinction over the area. Landscaping is a chore and I am not going to lie, there will be times when that undo button becomes your best friend and your worst enemy at the same time. To me a completely level lot is almost eyecatching because it seems so unnatural.

When I start a build though I approach the landscaping one of two ways. Landscape first (if I want strong features such as a pond or large rocky outcropping) or level lot and make the house first. The second option is great when you don't want to go crazy with the terrain tools. On my build this time around I chose option two, then I used the raise terrain tool to create some hilly areas, then I added some trees. Based on the hill shapes and locations I could see where the landscape needed a particular type of paint. Also a little trick I learned about making straight lines is to outline the area you want to paint with a cheap floor tile then paint the area in the middle. Delete the floor tiles and voila the terrain paint will not paint under a floor tile. It also works conversely being that you paint first then cover the area you want to keep with tiles and paint the area again with another paint.The best part is that it looks fantastic and is totally free.

I hope that my explanation helps, for me the terrain is hated but it really makes the build POP! when it's done carefully.
  • Options
    Amby316Amby316 Posts: 1,408 Member
    edited July 2012
    When you say No CC in this challenge does that also mean patterns that I DL'd from the exchange?
  • Options
    PhoenixRyderPhoenixRyder Posts: 138
    edited July 2012
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM Build-n-Share Challenge #157-158 - Fallout Shelter Due 7/18
    NAME: PhoenixRyder
    LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6086233#
    (This is with Charlie and Calypso)
    LINK TO MEDIA: My computer keeps crashing, so I’m still working on that.
    OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6086234
    (This is Charlie and Calypso)
    LEVEL: Beginner
    Well, not having allot to go on...{media for your actual build} I cannot give you honest commentary. If you are unable to load your "media" to the EA Exchange you should TRY THIS EASY TO USE SITE , when asked for upload info...go to your documents, then EA games, then Screen shots, at this point it should show your current GAME screen shots (depends on what you named THIS challenge).
    If you need ANY help...PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO ASK!!! We are all here to assist you in any way possible.

My computer keeps crashing when I try to start the Sims. I'm uninstalling and reinstalling everything right now, and have cleared my hard disk but something is not working. I currently only have screenshots of the "real" house. :(
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Amby316 wrote:
    When you say No CC in this challenge does that also mean patterns that I DL'd from the exchange?

CC would mean no patterns from the exchange. The basics here mean you can only use and recolor stuff you would find if you just had sims 3 on your pc and that's it. No extras at all.
  • Options
    anniepksanniepks Posts: 561 Member
    edited July 2012

[/quote]
    [/quote]

I hope he will be okay. Good luck over the next 8 weeks.
  • Options
    nikkifinnikkifin Posts: 128
    edited July 2012
    mgolden27 wrote:
    Amby316 wrote:

CC would mean no patterns from the exchange. The basics here mean you can only use and recolor stuff you would find if you just had sims 3 on your pc and that's it. No extras at all.

amby 316 I have found it helpfull to use the ep filter. and just click the sims3 to get only that content. be carefull though purchased content also shows up.

Also what are others doing with those two small rooms off the bedroom. Can't make a laundry room, or tear down walls. Im finding that part challenging. Only three bedrooms and three baths. Hmmmm???
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    nikkifin wrote:
    mgolden27 wrote:
    Amby316 wrote:

amby 316 I have found it helpfull to use the ep filter. and just click the sims3 to get only that content. be carefull though purchased content also shows up.

Also what are others doing with those two small rooms off the bedroom. Can't make a laundry room, or tear down walls. Im finding that part challenging. Only three bedrooms and three baths. Hmmmm???

All I'm going to say is there is a link to pictures of this finished if anyone wants a peek at ideas. it was posted with the challenge and it's done down to the very last piece of landscaping. (Although it has the wrong garage door, sorry)

Thank you everyone who's wished my son well. It'll be a long process, but he's being a trooper. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top