Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,299 Member
    Hi, I'm new to this forum, well, kinda, I joined some years ago but haven't been active xD

I mostly play The Sims 1 and 4, and I'm mostly a storyteller. I create long-running, non-legacy stories over on Twitter, Tumblr, and Bluesky :smile:, but I also build and create sims :smile:

And now I'm trying to get points so that I can actually do something other than commenting on this site ^^' Any suggestions on how to become a full member are appreciated :smile: I don't want to leave random comments on stuff just because xD

Hello and welcome to the site @SqueamishNerd... :)

You can go over to the Sims 4 Feedback and Ideas section and add any ideas and feedback to the existing threads.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/TS4-feedback

You can also go over the Creative Corner for the Sims 4 and give feedback to the many stories and legacies and such over there.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-creative-corner

By giving feedback on those things, it will also help you get other members to hit the Awesome, Like or the Insightful buttons as they will also give you points to go towards your total points count. Sadly we can't see just how many points that we have as the site got rid of the points line due to an update by the site's host, so we can only estimate on how many we have by looking at the how many Likes, Awesomes and Insightfuls that we get along with checking out the Badge link as it tells you how many points you get for just posting 1 time, how many points you get for every 5 Likes, Insightfuls or Awesome's, etc, etc, etc.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/badges

And you can post in any of the word games over in the Off Topic section which will help you get your post count up as well... :)
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/off-topic-chat

Hope this helps... :)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,614 Member
    Hi, I'm new to this forum, well, kinda, I joined some years ago but haven't been active xD

I mostly play The Sims 1 and 4, and I'm mostly a storyteller. I create long-running, non-legacy stories over on Twitter, Tumblr, and Bluesky :smile:, but I also build and create sims :smile:

And now I'm trying to get points so that I can actually do something other than commenting on this site ^^' Any suggestions on how to become a full member are appreciated :smile: I don't want to leave random comments on stuff just because xD

Hello @SqueamishNerd :) It is very nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you enjoy creating stories about the sims households that you play, and post them on different social media places. People would be enjoying reading about the lives of your sims.
    Lisasc360 has posted some very helpful information about posting on the forums and gathering points.
    Happy simming! :)
  • Options
    leebraryleebrary Posts: 22 Member
    Hello there folks! I'm so glad there's a thread like this, since a lot of the interesting discussions I wanted to engage with are something like 7 years old lol. Anyways, I'm a quasi programmer interested in learning more about the package format for the sims 4, and trying to understand things about the .bt format especially for MLOD and MODL types. Seems like a fun puzzle. Hopefully I'll have a chance to interact with some folks who are the real heavyweights (cmarinetti, etc). Looking forward to seeing where this forum takes me =D, nice to meet everyone!
  • Options
    leebrary wrote: »
    Hello there folks! I'm so glad there's a thread like this, since a lot of the interesting discussions I wanted to engage with are something like 7 years old lol. Anyways, I'm a quasi programmer interested in learning more about the package format for the sims 4, and trying to understand things about the .bt format especially for MLOD and MODL types. Seems like a fun puzzle. Hopefully I'll have a chance to interact with some folks who are the real heavyweights (cmarinetti, etc). Looking forward to seeing where this forum takes me =D, nice to meet everyone!

Hello @leebrary :) It is very nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    I hope that you will enjoy reading and posting on the forums threads, and learning more about the programming format of the game.
  • Options
    wondersandwoes404wondersandwoes404 Posts: 24 New Member
    Is it okay if I post my introduction from the other new members' forum? I really liked what I wrote, lol. I'll just add a more personalized "About Me" portion.

Hi, everyone!

My name is Rachel, and while I am new to this forum, I'm well versed in the Sims world. I was really active on the Sims 2 forums back in the day and loved reading stories on the Sims 2 exchange *gets hit with wave of nostalgia*

During the day, I teach second graders, which is rewarding but can also be exhausting and frustrating, especially lately. I love to act and perform in plays and sometimes musicals at my community theater. It's my new happy place, and I actually have a couple auditions coming up in the next few weeks. I also love to snuggle my two adorable kitties, bake, read, and watch funny YouTube videos.

I first started playing Sims back in 2000 when I was a mere 8-years-old, and I've been hooked ever since. The Sims 2 for sure had to be my favorite, and I'm really bummed I missed the window when you could download the entire thing for free. I know you can find it online somewhere, but it makes me a little nervous. Now I just play The Sims 4 when I get that itch. I've started playing again recently. I'm writing a Sims in Bloom inspired Sims story and have just started an updated version of the Not So Berry challenge.

Hmm, I think that my favorite expansion pack is Cottage Living. I really enjoy all the gameplay that it included as well as the world. The CAS and build/buy items are also lovely. My favorite game pack would have to be, surprisingly, Strangerville. I was captivated the whole time I was playing the story and wouldn't mind playing again. The world is beautiful and I really love all the items that came with it. I'm a sucker for Victorian homes. Favorite stuff pack is probably Tiny Living. I think the perks that come with a tiny home are amazing, and the CAS and build/buy are great too.

My favorite thing about the game is definitely build mode. I was never much of a builder before, no matter how hard I tried. However, I think The Sims 4 has really nailed its build mode and has such beautiful items with more recent packs that you can make homes look so realistic. I use house plans from online so that my house doesn't turn out like trash, lol. Landscaping is my downfall though.

I really only use build cheats or UI mods to cheat needs if my Sims are in the middle of something and I really don't want them to stop. Otherwise, they are working for what they have. I think the Sims 4 is very boring without the grind, unless you have a really cool and creative story you have mapped out for your Sims.

I sat here thinking for a few minutes if I had any tips or tricks, but I really don't think that I do. I feel like I don't play the game consistently enough to have any.

I'm looking forward to getting more involved in this community and meeting some Simmers! None of my irl friends play Sims, so it would be nice to have people to chat with about it.
  • Options
    Is it okay if I post my introduction from the other new members' forum? I really liked what I wrote, lol. I'll just add a more personalized "About Me" portion.

Hi, everyone!

My name is Rachel, and while I am new to this forum, I'm well versed in the Sims world. I was really active on the Sims 2 forums back in the day and loved reading stories on the Sims 2 exchange *gets hit with wave of nostalgia*

During the day, I teach second graders, which is rewarding but can also be exhausting and frustrating, especially lately. I love to act and perform in plays and sometimes musicals at my community theater. It's my new happy place, and I actually have a couple auditions coming up in the next few weeks. I also love to snuggle my two adorable kitties, bake, read, and watch funny YouTube videos.

I first started playing Sims back in 2000 when I was a mere 8-years-old, and I've been hooked ever since. The Sims 2 for sure had to be my favorite, and I'm really bummed I missed the window when you could download the entire thing for free. I know you can find it online somewhere, but it makes me a little nervous. Now I just play The Sims 4 when I get that itch. I've started playing again recently. I'm writing a Sims in Bloom inspired Sims story and have just started an updated version of the Not So Berry challenge.

Hmm, I think that my favorite expansion pack is Cottage Living. I really enjoy all the gameplay that it included as well as the world. The CAS and build/buy items are also lovely. My favorite game pack would have to be, surprisingly, Strangerville. I was captivated the whole time I was playing the story and wouldn't mind playing again. The world is beautiful and I really love all the items that came with it. I'm a sucker for Victorian homes. Favorite stuff pack is probably Tiny Living. I think the perks that come with a tiny home are amazing, and the CAS and build/buy are great too.

My favorite thing about the game is definitely build mode. I was never much of a builder before, no matter how hard I tried. However, I think The Sims 4 has really nailed its build mode and has such beautiful items with more recent packs that you can make homes look so realistic. I use house plans from online so that my house doesn't turn out like trash, lol. Landscaping is my downfall though.

I really only use build cheats or UI mods to cheat needs if my Sims are in the middle of something and I really don't want them to stop. Otherwise, they are working for what they have. I think the Sims 4 is very boring without the grind, unless you have a really cool and creative story you have mapped out for your Sims.

I sat here thinking for a few minutes if I had any tips or tricks, but I really don't think that I do. I feel like I don't play the game consistently enough to have any.

I'm looking forward to getting more involved in this community and meeting some Simmers! None of my irl friends play Sims, so it would be nice to have people to chat with about it.

Hello @wondersandwoes404 :) It is very nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you started simming by playing Sims 1 and have been playing since you were a child. It is nice that you enjoyed posting on the Sims 2 forums and have now started posting on these forums. I hope that you will enjoy reading the forums posts, and meeting and chatting with fellow simmers.
    It is very caring of that you are a teacher to second graders :) You are helping them develop skills that they will take with them throughout their lives.
    I hope your acting auditions go very well.
    Your kitties sound cute! :)
    Cottage living is a great pack. The world, features when playing and the items that came with the pack are lovely,fun and enjoyable.
  • Options
    ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    Hello Rose!! It has been a long time. I am happy to see you are still here. I hope you have been well.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Options
    ErnesaT wrote: »
    Hello Rose!! It has been a long time. I am happy to see you are still here. I hope you have been well.

Hello @ErnesaT :) It is great to see you too! Happy simming! :)
  • Options
    ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    Thank you. Happy simming to you as well.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Options
    calmherecalmhere Posts: 9 New Member
    Hello, there, you wonderful simmers! I have been playing with the Sims since the ep's etc. used to come in boxes from the store and your had to load them into you computer before you could play. Whew, long time. But needless to say, I really love the Sims. I am a 65 year old female who is retired so I have a lot of time with the Sims. I live with my sister and her son. I am the only one who plays Sims in this family. But I love being able to get on here now and talk with other people who are also Simmers. I also love skimming the gallery and seeing all of your wonderful creations. I also create some things for the Sims. But I only upload them to the My Library online. Well, don't want to bore anyone to death. lol Best wishes to all.
  • Options
    calmhere wrote: »
    Hello, there, you wonderful simmers! I have been playing with the Sims since the ep's etc. used to come in boxes from the store and your had to load them into you computer before you could play. Whew, long time. But needless to say, I really love the Sims. I am a 65 year old female who is retired so I have a lot of time with the Sims. I live with my sister and her son. I am the only one who plays Sims in this family. But I love being able to get on here now and talk with other people who are also Simmers. I also love skimming the gallery and seeing all of your wonderful creations. I also create some things for the Sims. But I only upload them to the My Library online. Well, don't want to bore anyone to death. lol Best wishes to all.

Hello @calmhere :) It is very nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you have been simming for many years. You would have spent many fun and enjoyable simming hours over the time creating sims, building lots and seeing how your sims lives developed in your games. Simming is fun!
    It is lovely and special that you live with your sister and her son.
  • Options
    veramellveramell Posts: 3 New Member
    Hello everyone!

I am new to the forum but not new to The Sims. I've been playing the game since it came out 2000 :)
    I mostly play rotational with the premade sims. Now and then I also build, but that's not my strongest side. My style is very simple and minimalistic and I want everything to be game play friendly. Clutter is not my cup of tea B) I also love CAS and I can spend hours dressing up my sims :)

I am looking forward to interact with others who loves the game as much as I do :)
  • Options
    veramell wrote: »
    Hello everyone!

I am new to the forum but not new to The Sims. I've been playing the game since it came out 2000 :)
    I mostly play rotational with the premade sims. Now and then I also build, but that's not my strongest side. My style is very simple and minimalistic and I want everything to be game play friendly. Clutter is not my cup of tea B) I also love CAS and I can spend hours dressing up my sims :)

I am looking forward to interact with others who loves the game as much as I do :)

Hello @veramell :) It is very nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you have been simming since the original Sims 1. You would have enjoyed seeing how the lives of your sims developed in your games as you played the various sims versions.
    CAS is a great part of simming! It is enjoyable choosing and working out what outfits suit our sims.
  • Options
    TheOccasionalMishapTheOccasionalMishap Posts: 7 New Member
    Been playing the Sims 4 for years now, but finally wanted to make a forum account so I can talk about the goofy things my werewolves get up to--got the pack during the winter sale and it's hands down my favorite. Like the last couple of posters, I've been playing since the Sims 1 came out. Used to love the Sims 2 forums, it was a great community. My usual gameplay style is playing multiple generations in one household, and my biggest challenge is not micromanaging every family member. : )
  • Options
    TheOccasionalMishapTheOccasionalMishap Posts: 7 New Member
    > @veramell said:
    > Hello everyone!
    >
    > I am new to the forum but not new to The Sims. I've been playing the game since it came out 2000 :)
    > I mostly play rotational with the premade sims. Now and then I also build, but that's not my strongest side. My style is very simple and minimalistic and I want everything to be game play friendly. Clutter is not my cup of tea B) I also love CAS and I can spend hours dressing up my sims :)
    >
    > I am looking forward to interact with others who loves the game as much as I do :)

Just wanted to say hello to the last person to post here before me! I also started playing The Sims in 2000! I think the first thing I did was play the Goths and get Cassandra sent to military school (accidentally. I was learning how to play.) I've also been trying to improve my house-building skills. I'm the opposite of minimalistic, though. I'm constantly trying to cram career rewards from four different Sims into one little house.
  • Options
    Been playing the Sims 4 for years now, but finally wanted to make a forum account so I can talk about the goofy things my werewolves get up to--got the pack during the winter sale and it's hands down my favorite. Like the last couple of posters, I've been playing since the Sims 1 came out. Used to love the Sims 2 forums, it was a great community. My usual gameplay style is playing multiple generations in one household, and my biggest challenge is not micromanaging every family member. : )

Hello @TheOccasionalMishap :) It is very nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you have been simming since the original Sims 1 and are enjoying playing werewolves in your game. Our sims do many funny things that make us laugh!
    It is nice that you enjoy playing multiple generations of a family. It is lovely seeing the generations interacting and seeing the similarities and differences between each generation.
  • Options
    Jaidemoon wrote: »
    Hey Ya'll My name is XeriouslyOdd/JaideMoon or you can just simply call me by name which is AJ. I am a recolor/tuning modder. I have been playing Sims since it came out on my 27th birthday (Happy 24th Birthday Sims! todays our day!) and today is my 51st. :)

I was unfortunately banned (no reason... apparently accidental) and I couldn't get back in here for like 2 years. I have to start all over again and earn 15 points before I can get my avatar back. I had one I had created years ago and don't have it anymore sadly and I loved it.
    Either way. here are some things about me.

I am an Aquarius Today is my birthday, something I share with the Sims Franchise.
    I am now 51 years of age. (& NO you're NEVER ever too old to play video games and anyone who tells you, you are... they are just trying to squash your happy... don't let them!)
    I am a mom with 4 kids of my own, 4 step children and 3 adopted. I'm a foster parent as well. (29 kids fostered)
    I have 3 cats. I love animals/reptiles in general (yes even snakes) I even like spiders.
    I'm a retired Gov' IT tech and now work part time with special needs kids.
    I am learning Blender and how to make my own CC while I do lots of recolors.
    I'm an artist in general and a published author.

Hello @Jaidemoon :) Happy birthday! :)
    It is great that you enjoy doing recolours and modding. I hope that your learning of blender continues to go well.
    You would have a busy life as a mother and caring for children, giving out much love each day❤️
    It is very nice that you are an artist and an author. They are special ways of expressing your creativity.
  • Options
    JaidemoonJaidemoon Posts: 8 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello @Jaidemoon :) Happy birthday! :)
    > It is great that you enjoy doing recolours and modding. I hope that your learning of blender continues to go well.
    > You would have a busy life as a mother and caring for children, giving out much love each day❤️
    > It is very nice that you are an artist and an author. They are special ways of expressing your creativity.
    > Happy simming! :)

Thank you~! I'm learning although slowly. I'm having troubles finding tutorials to teach a modder how to take files you put into blender and turn them into package files. I was told this isn't how it works but that wasn't explained to me LOL and I can't post in the forums to ask because I have to start over again due to my ban that I shouldn't have gotten in the first place so now I'm scrambling to get the points I need.
  • Options
    AureaOliAureaOli Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello~ Please Call me Aurea. I've been playing sims since 2009 and I just happen to bump here, I've been lurking for a while now and I find this community very wholesome <3 Pleased to meet you all
  • Options
    AureaOli wrote: »
    Hello~ Please Call me Aurea. I've been playing sims since 2009 and I just happen to bump here, I've been lurking for a while now and I find this community very wholesome <3 Pleased to meet you all

Hello @AureaOli :) It is very nice to meet you also. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you have been simming since 2009. You would have spent many fun and happy hours over the time simming in live mode,building lots and creating sims households. Simming is fun!
  • Options
    Maven08094Maven08094 Posts: 126 Member
    I've done this 5 years ago by the name Tenchigirl15 but I guess EA changed everything now and I have to use this account to post. >.< Hi! my name is Justina Lynn and I do replicas of Sears Kit home builds since 2019. going to create a new post for my builds so stay tuned, I got over 70 replicas and more on the way. :)
  • Options
    Maven08094 wrote: »
    I've done this 5 years ago by the name Tenchigirl15 but I guess EA changed everything now and I have to use this account to post. >.< Hi! my name is Justina Lynn and I do replicas of Sears Kit home builds since 2019. going to create a new post for my builds so stay tuned, I got over 70 replicas and more on the way. :)

Hello @Maven08094 :) It is great to see you on the forums again.
    Your Sears Kit builds are lovely! You reflect them very well!
    It is a great that you are planning to create a new thread for your build. I will look forward to seeing it.
  • Options
    Maven08094Maven08094 Posts: 126 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello @Maven08094 :) It is great to see you on the forums again.
    > Your Sears Kit builds are lovely! You reflect them very well!
    > It is a great that you are planning to create a new thread for your build. I will look forward to seeing it.

Thank you Roseymow it's been a while since I post here (probably before 2020). I did 16 posts so far but I still can't change my avatar and add link pictures from photobucket to show my new build on that one post, and I can't add a new post yet. how many more post do I have to do to get points to unlock them? it's been a long time since I did this.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,958 Member
    edited February 6
    @Maven08094 welcome to the forum! I loved the Sears homes when I played Sims 3. Can't wait to see yours.
    Here's the info for new members.

Get 25 Points
    Make 15 posts
    Must be a New Member for 1 day - this
    one stays the same.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/934205/small-change-for-new-members#latest

Gave you some likes to help you get the points. You check your points on your profile page.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/profile/Maven08094
  • Options
    edited February 6
    Maven08094 wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello @Maven08094 :) It is great to see you on the forums again.
    > Your Sears Kit builds are lovely! You reflect them very well!
    > It is a great that you are planning to create a new thread for your build. I will look forward to seeing it.

Thank you Roseymow it's been a while since I post here (probably before 2020). I did 16 posts so far but I still can't change my avatar and add link pictures from photobucket to show my new build on that one post, and I can't add a new post yet. how many more post do I have to do to get points to unlock them? it's been a long time since I did this.

You are now a full member @Maven08094 so you can now start a new thread and post pictures. You should be able to do this now, if you have been a new member for at least one day.
    Post edited by rosemow on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top