Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you use the Gender Options ?

LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,242 Member
Hi,

5 years later, does anyone use this feature ?

Do you use the Gender Options ? 216 votes

Yes
37%
LeGardePourpreJueJuelisamwittMi9shaoscarSimpatsyannBloosmooStrangerthanCaitxcatBeardedgeekinvisiblgirlMariefoxprice83simgirl1010Mysanalanmichael1monjr8302stilljustme2MindofyLizzychicagomitchiebanjoAquariusMom 82 votes
No
32%
crocobauraauroraael14SimCrazyFrn0731IcewolfErja888rudolphaMonet11PlayerSinger2010suetoopimhappymcruddSimburiankeekee53PuddinroybabajaynePeachesnDuckshaneulAnmirlaFlashMarker 70 votes
Rarely
29%
BluegayleGoldmoldarKita5399GalacticGaljeepjeepcatalexspoom13alan650111Omri147jonilla1Isb917NyxLunaStarncisGibbs02Paigeisin5barracuda1574KennziKaigegreydonnSimplyJenemereHarukotyanhalloweenchild 64 votes

Comments

• Options
    LoveDesiLoveDesi Posts: 15 Member
    Yes
    I have thought about not using them but not sure I would actually like it like that.. 🤔😁😂😂
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,968 Member
    Rarely
    Not really that I could recall tbh
    I like that the options exist though
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,128 Member
    Yes
    I'm assuming you mean in CAS? If so, anyone that's familiar with my gameplay knows I use it heavily lol
  • Options
    Jon the WizardJon the Wizard Posts: 268 Member
    Yes
    I do. Maybe not for every sim, but I do use 'em.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    No
    Never have I ever
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Rarely
    I don’t even know what the gender options are.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    No
    Ive only ever used it to change my costar to be the opposite sex to act with. I didnt like having my sim act out romance scenes with someone of the same sex, so I used change sim and changed their gender and clothes. But still it broke the acting scene and they went home, and I havent used the feature again.

Even now I dont think id do the live action acting for at least romance scenes, I wish theyd allow a perk or cheat to allow you to change your costar. I really dont like this feature. Especially since her husband and her are both actors, i wish there were movies they could star in together.

But besides that, ive never used the feature. My male sims are male always and vice versa
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited October 2021
    Yes
    I use them from time to time - obviously not all sims need to have a customized gender, but I do like that it provides some diversity for when I do want to make sims who don't fall into the gender binary :)

I think it's a nice option, especially for people who want to create diverse sims or ones that represent themselves. Having gender options can really help with representation. I do think that pronoun use in game should be customizable as well, but the gender customization is a good start.
  • Options
    MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    Rarely
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I don’t even know what the gender options are.

They were added in an update and they allow you to:

Let sims Get Pregnant, Get Others Pregnant, and Neither
    Have a Masculine or Feminine Frame (Such as men with a larger chest or hips or something like that)
    Wear ''Masculine'' or ''feminine'' clothes
    Choose is they can use the restroom standing or sitting.

And that's that. I like them because they allow for trans sims (in all but label). But I dont use them often because I just dont really care for them in my play style. I do decades challenges more often than not lol.
  • Options
    Yes
    Who all is playing on PS4??

I need Sim friends..😊🙏

My Sim profile is👉🏾KFierce_Sims2021
    PS4 its👉🏾LOVEDESI28
  • Options
    TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    Yes
    a fair bit of time i do, but not for every played household.
    // take me back to 2018.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited October 2021
    Rarely
    Once I wanted to give a female sim a beard. I haven't figured out how to do that. That made me very angry. I haven't used it since.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    Yes
    [quote="DoloresGrey;c-17991329"]Once I wanted to give a female sim a beard. I haven't figured out how to do that. That made me very angry. I haven't used it since.[/quote]

That would be interesting.. Lol!😁😂😂🤔
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    No
    I voted no because I haven’t used it yet, but I am glad for the options. Pronoun options would go hand in hand with that. I don’t like the switch to “they” pronouns on many notifications.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,242 Member
    edited October 2021
    Yes
    I use the Male pregnancy for the aliens and half aliens.

The Feminine Physical Frame is used to make the teen male sims be younger or androgynous.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited October 2021
    Yes
    I used this ability to make one of my favorite Sims, Ellis (on the right). Ellis has a feminine frame.

51556659739_33ab3dbd30_b.jpg
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    WritingAndSimmingWritingAndSimming Posts: 21 Member
    Rarely
    I use it occasionally.
    I'd use the clothing options one more if the clothing didn't look weird on different frames.
    It's also disappointing to me that you can't change the gender of a sim without changing their body/features. If I have a sim that starts out as one gender, I can't change the gender later on without changing their entire body in cas.fulleditmode. (unless it goes back to normal if you pick their original frame? I'm unsure)
    I love that it's a feature, though.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited October 2021
    Rarely
    I used it more when it first came out to experiment and I like some of the options especially (like making infertile Sims), but it isn't really something I feel particularly compelled to use. I make a lot more LGBTQA+ Sims than actually taking the time to swap frames, etc. If anything, they are more likely to end up cross dressing no matter what they "identify" as.

Granted, I minimize how many new Sims I make and I have to have a lot of interest in them to bother to design those little features. So I guess that alone would make it rare.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,467 Member
    edited October 2021
    Rarely
    I used it once and it made for an interesting sim. I just never used it after.
    The gender roles and male/ female appearances in my game are quite stereotypical. Most of my sims are dudes who look like action hero dudes who fancy gals who look like feminine gals. That's about it. Personally I don't feel the need to explore it any further although I think it's great that gender options are available. At some point in the future I may need it for a character in a story.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,097 Member
    Yes
    I've had some gay couples that I wanted to have babies without adopting, so the "get pregnant" and "get others pregnant" settings helped for that. I have a family of vampires that I set to not be able to do either. At least twice I've changed a Sims gender because I didn't get what I wanted when they were born. Recently I changed all of Darling Walsh's clothing and hair preferences to masculine and added more of a mix of masculine and feminine to Morgyn Ember's wardrobe.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    FlapFlap Posts: 200 Member
    Yes
    Yes! I always dreamed of being possible to mix genetics from two guys or gurls in the game and now it is possible without mods <3

It is so nice to have this option in-game!
  • Options
    ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    No
    Most of my sims are dudes who look like action hero dudes who fancy gals who look like feminine gals.

It's a bit of a crapshoot how a guy who works out enough to get the fitness aspiration ends up looking. Some of my guys are naturally skinny and just end up looking toned and in shape. Other dudes have naturally broader shoulders and torsos, and when they work out, they end up looking like the Incredible Hulk. There's an NPC in my simworld by the name of Jason Teller who's a gym trainer. His athletic outfit is him wearing nothing more than a pair of shorts and sneakers. He looks like he could rip your head off like popping the pop top on a beer can, but his actual traits are "Good", "Family-Oriented", and "Active". I don't know why the game generated the ultimate gentle giant, but everyone else in the game loves the guy. Still, he looks like someone you would NOT want to tick off!
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    Yes
    I use it sometimes but if I didn't the option should totally be there.
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Yes
    I use it when it makes sense to do so (for trans or non-binary sims), but it does end up being used pretty rarely in my game. I'm just glad it's available at all, even in its very simplistic state.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)