Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Survivors - The River

Comments

• Options
    TamijoTamijo Posts: 1,072 Member

Episode 55 – November Steps - November 2727 part 2

Nicholás Valiente did not yet connect very well with the community as a hole, spending most of his days at work or with his dog, but he was beginning to develop a friendship with the nearby Nara family.

Jqp7G9x.jpg
    PWlthq9.jpg

Jenny Richards was at the River fashion house, might not be best of friends, but she made a deal with Mussete Mercier, as she needed a new outfit.

LnwOtuy.jpg

Lone St. John and Queny Wilson from the “Ent” delegation, came to inspect Beach Creative Institute.

hcGhTyN.jpg

Queny Wilson talked with Shina Nara, who confirmed that the sales was now much better after the move from Nara Fields and the relocation to the Institute. Lone St. John inspected the processes of the nice creative works present at the building.

M68xk5S.jpg
    7ZV36t2.jpg

Someone attempted to repair the broken dishwasher at the Nara house, but failed to finish the job. Leaving the kitchen in a mess.

rzV4cnf.jpg

Simon still comes to River fashion house when it is Magdalena’s shift, they talk a little and flirt a little. Having a much better relationship after that night.

XA3wK7y.jpg

One night Magdalena put Pierre in the Stroller seemingly heading for Simon’s house, for some reason she suddenly decided against it and just walked around the family garden and back in the house.

9FTM1aE.jpg

Shina Is very glad she got the high chair. Making it much easier to feed Daichi more proper food. He is less than a year old and still makes a mess when trying to learn to hold the spoon himself.

iZgorbK.jpg

Marble Beach-Gentry sold most of the animals in the Zoo. A few days later Brendon was cleaning the cages, making them ready for a new “hunt”.

4oeuR5v.jpg

Veronica Mclain was still great at circulating the village and had relations with most of the villagers. Especially John Hallett saw her a lot and they were developing a relation that would soon be a real friendship. She still had a rather neurotic cooking mania, but the Preston household was now used to that and just ignored it.

ecDJFj8.jpg
    mIa3zKa.jpg

The Pegasus Café was rather busy this month. In this case it is Jane Harper behind the bar, Botan Nara and Magdalena Mercier both having a River House Special

fsYrSWv.jpg

Oh well, it is Musette with Terry Scully, this time.

DrU0wqu.jpg

Brendon Beach-Gentry visited Jenny Richards, this time no flirting, they just had a nice chat.

5cc3vOd.jpg

After many months where Simon haven’t touched oil painting, he paints his 2nd work of art.

f4y5p7q.jpg

Lone St. John hears about the tomato root oil. She analyses the substance and is very impressed with its qualities. She suggests to Greg and Jenny that they produce more and uses it for export to the small settlement forming at the northern part of the river, between “Ent Mountain Village” and “Greg’s River village”, all in need of more energy.

8Oc0aaq.jpg

Mateo Mercier always spend a lot of time with his Teddy Bear.

iMg5hKu.jpg

Marked Sales from this Period:
    Preston household:
    1. A Spotted Sixam 1.774$
    2. Collectable wildlife 1.163$
    Gentry-Beach household:
    1. Birds 687$
    2. Wildlife 38$
    Mercier household:
    1. Salted fish 11$

Editorial:
    KKrFVD4.jpg
    Notably all the movements of the delegation were 100% autonome. Jenny dress was autonome :), John repaired the laundry machine (sadly no picture), Nara’s dishwasher is still broken.
    The Mclain’s was both reset after the episode, to attempt to stop the cooking bug. Everything else autonome.
    Export of Tomato Root Oil concept:
    Every time a sim uses the chemistry lap, a gallon of oil is produced, and the household can sell it, “free settlers” picking it up, the value is variable up to 220$, the more oil produced the lower the unit export value that month, season play a role and a random “quality” factor. It can be picked up all year.
    The sales value will be added to the household immediately (before the end of the month)

The Village seen from the North. Tower construction site at lower right corner.
    This one was photoshopped
    OTwHNtB.jpg

My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@Tamijo What interesting music! My son is a musician and band director at the local high school. I'll have to see if he knows this piece. He always picks something different for the kids to play as well as the traditional march and concert pieces. One year they did Michael Jackson's Beat It which was fun. The audience was rocking it.

Looks like Jenny liked the second outfit.

I see the visitors are still busy inspecting the place.
    I hope they don't go in the private houses! That is a big mess at the Nara household.

I'm glad that Magdelena and Simon still have a good relationship. Hope that continues.
    Sweet picture of Daichi eating. They do make a mess.

lol at all the food platters waiting to be cooked.
    That Musette! She's is certainly free with her kisses.

Love that final scene picture. Gorgeous.
  • Options
    SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,143 Member
    Episode 54 - Daycare.

About Nicholás not showing romantic interest in anyone and spends a lot of time working out, I can think of many reasons why someone wouldn't want to pursue romance at any one point in their life... but I think I'll leave it at that. :P

Danielle looks like the perfect daycare teacher. A cute old lady, but I too was surprised she is only 59. At one point does a sim become an elder? I don't know, but I think I set mine to be elders at 65. That could be a little late, too. Age and sims is a little tricky.

Jane Harper must be sickly in love to wait outside the trade station all day... ugh, I hate that feeling. I hope it never returns to me! :P I don't want her to fall out of love, but I hope she will be more sensible about it. It is not necessary to do that..

It is nice to see that Simon Stone is getting himself out of the house and making friends with Magdalena Mercier.

That caravan is so cool still, mind telling where you found it? :#

The daycare is an interesting idea. I have thought about something like that for my game, too. Toddlers stay at home a little to much. It would be nice to give them a place to learn socializing with other toddlers. But I suppose I would need some mod for that.. Probably some careers thing. I'm sure I can find it if I look around. The number of mods I use seems to increase constantly.. sometimes I am amazed at what people have made!

Episode 55

Those people going around inspecting everything are a little creepy.. :p

Ooh, Simon is kissing with Magdalena now.

Watch where you're going Magdalena, don't bump into that tree with the stroller... WAIT, you can put babies in strollers?
    I don't have much experience with strollers..
    I just recently got the Generations pack and played a sim that raised two toddlers, but never ONCE did she wish to buy a stroller.. she wasn't the best mother... I so much wanted to get her a stroller so she could walk her babies around, but I follow the rule that if a sim doesn't wish for something, it's not going to happen. <_< But it was so annoying! :P

Haha, neurotic cooking mania. Veronica Mclain should probably work at, or start her own, restaurant..

Musette is kissing Terry Scully now, oh.. well, people will figure it out...

Interesting choice of music for the last update. It makes me think of the Vaughan family especially and the native american tribes again. And it makes me want to go camping, fishing and making a bonfire. :P

I enjoyed the updates!
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • Options

@bekkasan
    Thanks so much for reading and comments <3
    Glad you found the music interesting :) , the composer Tōru Takemitsu was at first a rather radical modernist and not interested in traditionel music, later (like in this one) he becomes interested in mixing classical (western) music with traditional Japanese instruments and that is where i find him at his best.

"I hope they don't go in the private houses! That is a big mess at the Nara household." :D
    Haven't thought about that before you mention. I can imagine they would not approve of the current state of Nara's house. :s

Hope they stop that cooking mania, it costs a fortune for the households.

My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    @Sprottenham
    I agree, sometimes "hunting" love is not a good idea. Just as long as he do not feel lonely. :|
    In this story they become an elder between their 55 and 56 year, deliberately made it early to reflect a hard lifestyle. :/
    We can hope Jane just liked to sit there and read, not being "insanely" love struck.
    Ya very glad Simon are more active. :)

The daycare is an EA job with Generations - My first attempt, might be good, might be trash <3

Oh - mine loves strollers, they auto-buy them. :)
    Restaurant is of limits here - no rabbit hole's allowed. :#

Glad you liked the music, it was made with a mix of westers classic and traditional Japanese instruments.

Caravan:
    https://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/madaya74/downloads/details/category/sims3-lots-residential/title/the-caravan/id/1042902/
    o:)
  • Options

Episode 56 – Asylum - December 2727 part 1

Greg thought about his settlement, now at its 4th winter. Remembering the hard first two, and last winter where the settlement was financially more solid, but where the personal conflicts was slowly draining the settlers. Hoping that this time it would be a better winter.

8CCaiSK.jpg

This morning Botan was the first to get up in the Nara house, making waffles. The dishwasher is still broken, but at least they have removed all the dirty water.

GDFwCmp.jpg

The Mclain’s continue their cooking mania to the point where the “Village leaders” have to step in. It was decided that head of security Nicholás Valiente, would lead them to “Ent” where they will both be admitted to the mental institution for psychological treatment.

5AQA8c4.jpg

The snowfall has already closed the roads up to “Ent” and the trade station will have to close down now. Charles do not really mind, this year. The family is doing fine and he will have time to work on other projects.

psnT8Lb.jpg
    gbFB43f.jpg

Finally, Botan accepted that he was not the right man for the job and contacted Harald Dahl. The dishwasher was repaired. The bill was 48$.

1v8aGsf.jpg

Lone St. John visited the Merciers again, this time the kitchen area was a mess, with rotten food at the table and in the refrigerator. Some dirty clothes spread over the floor.
    Luckily the St. John family was long-time friends of the Merciers, due to Armel upper class restaurant and Lone soon accepted Armel’s fragile excuses.

Hqc8mTG.jpg
    FPbPmmV.jpg

Michiko Vaughan did some work at Beach Creative Institute extracting the valuable Tomato Plant Root oil. Terry Scully came to the institute to admire the work Michiko Vaughan was doing. Also, congratulation her on her 67 years birthday.

v1n9uM4.jpg

Greg Preston visited Mussete Mercier. He came to tell her that he wanted to be just friends, he loved her deeply but he was not the kind of man able to share a woman. They parted without drama.

8Tvtnjw.jpg

Daichi Nara had his first birthday, he got a pirate chest as present from dad and mum, but he is a bit too young and prefer chewing on the blocks.

EwkH2N6.jpg

John and Maya were at the power station to fix a problem with one of the burners. Later John also produced some extra Tomato Root Oil.

bkPupK3.jpg
    wD33fVN.jpg

Harald Dahl visited the Nara household, to spend time with his sister Norma.

8i1r83S.jpg

Pierre Mercier was now old enough to crawl around at the floor and started to eat proper food.

x4dCbwo.jpg
    sw4hzdR.jpg

Lifetime Rewards:
    Myra Frances

i4xay3n.jpg

Editorial:
    The Mclain’s will be in “Ent” for a month, to see if “reinstalling” them in the home will help.
    Everything autonome.

“No photoshopping”
    vgDTWV3.jpg

• Options
    AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    @Tamijo ; Great updates!
    Jane at the River Fashion House... I hope for her that the outerwear outfit is completed with shoes somehow... I like her new everyday outfit! Goes well with her hair color.
    Seeing Simon and Magdalena kissing gives me hope for SP to marry them soon!!! It is so good to see that Simon seems a bit happier now!
    Well, no wonder that Magdalena didn´t make it to Simon´s house, even if it is just a few steps away, but walking in this outfit through the cold winter night.... what did she even think???
    Aww, such a sweet picture of Daichi´s try to eat his food from the bowl. Let him make some mess, later in life he isn´t allowed to make mess anymore.
    mIa3zKa.jpg
    Just LOL at the "convenience food" :D
    What a waste of food if noone prepares it further btw!
    Good to see Jane and Brendon just talking, not flirting, I don´t want to see Marble and Brendon to break up.
    Simon´s drawing skills are very high, hm? I´ve heard that paintings of sunflowers get sold for high prices... and his flowers "almost" look loke sunflowers, right? ;)
    Hm, producing tomato oil for the little settlement between Greg´s River and Ent? This settlement is mentioned more often, is this the reason the council is visiting? That Greg´s River has to do more in everything to be able to support the other village???
    iMg5hKu.jpg
    Aww, I just love this little cheeky face!!!! <3

I still stand to my words, Mussete is a sl...! B)

Aww, Greg, this winter will be much better than the last three! You have so many good people around you who are willing to work hard to make the village a succcess, don´t worry! Just hope the power station won´t explode or such...
    Lol, that the Nara´s still have this broken dishwasher and have to call Harald to repair it finally. Good that Botan knows where his limits are....
    Just now I discovered that Harald and Norma are siblings! How could I have forgotten that???
    I hope the Mclain’s will be cured and will come back to the settlement in spring again, they fit so good in the village! Moreover because Veronica and John get along so good....
    Hehehe, Charles face doesn´t show how happy he is that the trade station is closed due to winter! I hope one of his projects include a certain woman.....
    Oh.my.god.! The house of the Mercier´s is a stinky mess! I don´t know if the idea of letting them care for the children and to open a kindergarten was such a good idea, it seems as if they are a bit overwhelmed by that job!
    Look at the kids just in their underwear and diapers.... Maybe Lone St. John should re-think her ok again?
    Congratulation Michiko to your 67´s birthday, I hope you celebrated it, too, and didn´t work the whole day.
    FINALLY Greg came to his senses again and broke up with Mussete! She is the town sl... not even good for him in the slightest!!!!
    Oh oh, problems in the power station... Hopefully it will stay fixed, now when the leading expert Nicholás is in Ent.
    Sorry to say, but the food in Pierre´s food bowl doesn´t look like "proper" food. It looks as if it was already eaten by someone. :p
    Such a cute pic of him while eating!
    vgDTWV3.jpg
    This is just stunning!
  • Options

@Tamijo I sure hope they have a better winter as well.
    oh my! The poor Mclains. I hope the treatment will work.
    The village looks lovely in the scene picture.
    yay! The dishwasher is fixed!
    Yikes! What a mess in the kitchen. I hope she doesn't shut them down but they really need to get that mess cleaned up.
    Happy Birthday to Michiko!
    I don't blame Greg at all. I hope he finds someone else.
    Pierre is a cutie!
    Your closing scenery picture is amazing. Beautiful!
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    @AlexaKry
    Her new outfit was quite nice, I think she will use it for a while.
    Simon is way more active and outgoing now.
    Might have been the cold keeping Magdalena home B)
    Simon´s drawing skills – he is still at level 0, would prefer him to just focus on books. :|
    The small settlements, is a concept of free farmers coming to our parts of the world, but not directly connected to the village.
    Always a bit dangerous with large application repairs, glad no one was hurt.
    How could I have forgotten that??? – no worries that was not mentioned more than once I think.
    It looks as if it was already eaten by someone. – so true does not look nice. :s
    Don’t worry about the power station – the burning process is quite safe, it is more the oil extraction that can go wrong from time to time. :#
    Maybe Lone St. John should re-think her ok again? – I’m sure she should, guarantied to end in wonderful chaos. :D
    Thanks <3
  • Options

@Bekkasan
    I sure hope they have a better winter as well. As we will see, it is undeniably going to be an important winter, better or worse is hard to say.
    yay! The dishwasher is fixed! Took some time but all went well in the end.
    to get that mess cleaned up was not mentioned but Mussete actually did clean up the rotten food and Danelle the floors, not to long after that picture was taken.
    I hope he finds someone else. Ya would be good, but I would also understand if he is just fed up with woman hurting him.
    Thanks <3
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Episode 57 – Elected - December 2727 part 2

Nicholás Valiente came back to Greg’s River at the 16th of December, explaining that the Mclains was at a nice Asylum in “Ent” and the doctors had high hoped for a fast recovery.

2l44kXl.jpg

River fashion house was the number one hotspot in this period, always crowded with customers.

nOugF1f.jpg
    HtRPXkg.jpg

The “Ent” delegation did their last inspection. Taking a look at Greg's River Dump and The Powerstation at Paleo Island.

Lufs2KS.jpg

The Nara sales stand at Beach Creative Institute was also quite popular this period. Here it is Botan Nara taking his shift. The costumers starting to line up.

D5TZ1qL.jpg

Lone St. John came to visit Greg, to reveal the purpose of the delegation. New progressive political winds were blowing in “Ent”. The delegation was sent to see if Greg’s River was ready to become a 100% independent village, able to support itself. The conclusion was YES. Greg’s river would now be a free village. Only loosely connected to what was now the “Ent City State”.

EiaPfE2.jpg

The Stump, a free farmer family, living to the north-east of Greg’s River, send their daughter Meghan to the village to buy tomato root oil and eggs.

ZlY7OgM.jpg

Greg wrote a letter to everyone in the village, explaining the new situation and that there would be some public vote coming up soon.

zByfWaJ.jpg

The oil production was high and we also saw the first examples of how dangerous this highly flammable liquid can be if you are not extremely careful.

uyOWBNW.jpg

Mussete was not focused on her personal needs this period, acting the caring mother and aunt. In one situation she was even bringing the children with her when working at River fashion house

swqcF14.jpg
    duQMZkk.jpg

Simon Stone and Magdalena Mercier was spending quality time together.

TXkTDwE.jpg

Jiro Nara had never shown much interest in her doll house, but little brother Daichi did.

0dlCoSP.jpg

The “Ent” delegation left the village together with most of the construction workers. Only Ahmen Nettles and the dog Smokey stayed at the construction site. To do the most necessary maintenance.

BouI0Y1.jpg

Danelle Mercier teaching Pierre Mercier music.

PPiJdue.jpg

Sales:
    Preston household:
    1. Tomato Root Oli 171$
    2. Eggs 48$
    3. A common Turtle 15$
    Richards household:
    1. Tomato Root Oli 170$
    Vaughan household:
    1. Tomato Root Oli 156$
    Gentry-Beach household:
    1. Squirrel 24$
    Mercier household:
    1. Eggs 231$
    Valiente Household:
    1. Tomato Root Oli 165$

New political system.
    To start the new epoch of Greg’s river, an anonymous vote was held between all villagers above the age of 18. The could either vote to keep the Assembly Structure or vote for a new one. They chose the existing members. They could also choose a democratic vote of every legislation or give 100% power to the Assembly. They choose democratic votes. Besides fulfilling their usual roles, the Assembly Members would now make proposals regarding various issues, all the adult “villagers” would vote between them.
    It is important to note that at this point there is no laws at all – everything is starting over.

Legislations:
    §1 Government
    §1.1 The Assembly is a lifetime cabinet, new members by public vote.
    §1.2 The Assembly is the executive and judicial power
    §1.3 The Assembly can suggest new laws
    §1.4 New laws will be passed by public vote
    §2 Tax
    §2.0 Tax 2728 - tax rate 3,1% of family net value - monthly 0,257%.

§2 Process:
    1. Jenny/Danelle: Raise tax to 3,8%/year
    2. Greg/Botan: Keep tax at 3,4%/year
    3. Marble/Nicholás: Lower tax to 3,1%/year

Pierre Mercier updated Biography
    Pierre was born the 13th of February 2726, while the Mercier family was still located in what was previously “Nara Fields Settelment”. The son of Magdalena, the youngest of the Mercier sisters. Grandson of retired restaurant owners Armel and Danelle Mercier. His farther Simon Stone, at that point his mother’s lover. The couple was engaged in October 2727.

wIjNUND.jpg

Editorial:
    V562aFQ.jpg
    Lone st. John came to Greg’s home on her own, but I arranged that they spoke together. Also Greg using the type writer was arranged. Everything else autonome.
    Political system will be hidden in spoiler, to make it easy to skip that part the story. Jenny/Danelle represent “left”, Greg/Botan “moderate”, Marble/Nicholás “right” random draw will create the outcome of the votes.

jH36ywj.jpg

Post edited by Tamijo on
  • Options

@Tamijo I enjoyed reading you update. I'm glad Nicholas brought back some news about the Mclains and hopefully the treatment will be a success.
    I like that the townspeople are enjoying the fashion house and getting new clothing and styles.
    Oh, I hope the delegation does not find issue with the settlement.
    Wow...that is awesome news about the settlement becoming independent. I hope the progress continues.
    Meghan is a cutie!
    It looks like someone missed a step when making the oil!
    Mussete is strange even for a sim! lol
    I''m happy Magdalena and Simon are still together.
    Interesting concept on town politics and having random chances for decisions.
    Look forward to more.
    The town looks lovely in the winter scene.
  • Options

@bekkasan
    Thanks so much for reading and commenting. <3

Mussete is strange even for a sim! lol
    Completely unpredictable :#

I though it was time that the village could support itself. So the delegation came just to apply further progress. The new job options and income for the village, should be enough to keep things developing slowly, both at household level and as a community. This opens some options to make laws regulating "state" versus "individual" and all that, which i find interesting. :)

Thanks for compliment on Meghan and the winter scene <3
  • Options

Episode 58 – The Fisherman – January 2728 part 1

It has been a while since Greg have been able to take out time for his favorite occupation. This month many issues was at least temporarily solved. He could go fishing on his own.
    Greg noticed a camper trailer on the opposite side of the river. He would expect tourists at some point, but in January.

zOnfVQ4.jpg

Terry Scully turned 22 years old. Elea Helsby who was now a fully grown woman made him a birthday cake.

iDxZXO2.jpg

Knowing that the Mercier household is a bit stressed, due to the opening of the Schoole and Daycare Center, John Hallett comes over to give a hand. Danelle paid him 49$, very glad he fixed the toilet.

fPxCFKh.jpg

The first part of January was cold and snowy, most villagers spending time at home. These was the periods where someone like Simon Stone, living alone, could be a bit lonely. He was mainly focused on his paintings.

2ZRTOQ8.jpg

Under “Ent” jurisdiction there was a salary for the work done by the Assembly. That would also be the case in the new political structure. In this case there would not be a public vote. The three leading members would make a proposal, the assembly would vote between the suggestions.
    Greg would distribute the suggestion, collects the votes and announce the results.

2MOJLGd.jpg

The school and daycare were not exactly buzzing with children but it was a start.
    Mussete Mercier was helping her mother teach music, while Danelle Mercier was in the outside sandbox with a group of youngsters.

TgtGTVY.jpg

A treehouse had been built, in connection with the Schoole and Daycare Center playground. From time to time, Mateo Mercier liked to spend the night there

AzPPEgz.jpg

No matter how cold or snowy, the two firefighters was always keeping fit

SwNSIzd.jpg

With Andy Mclain out of the picture for a while, no one could tell when the expensive TV/Radio and communication receiver would be finished. The villagers were longing for connection to Ent City State media, but the construction was stranded.

GQca9no.jpg

There was a lot of activity at the River fashion house, but not everyone was satisfied with the stylists choices.

Z6zn0By.jpg
    L2EgVLL.jpg

Mussete Mercier held her 38 years birthday. She was up early to get fresh eggs for the cake.

QsKunnR.jpg

Botan Nara was sent by his wife, to pick up Daichi from daycare. It would of course not make his life easier that he forgot to bring warm clothes for their child. Shina got an instant headache lasting several days.

Kj2MTP2.jpg

Myra Frances was at The Powerstation, experimenting with a new type of Root Oil

6Idi5iy.jpg

Greg came back to the exact same fishing spot at the river, where he had been earlier this month. He noticed that a cottage was raised, where the camper trailer had been earlier. This must be one of the “free farmers” Lone St. John had mentioned, that would be colonizing the river banks, north of “Greg’s River”. He could easily imagine how hard life would be for them the next few seasons.

z8ZrG2M.jpg

Botan Nara makes breakfast, while the women and his youngest child have fun. He will soon be forgiven the small mistake he made a few days ago.

IT5EnSA.jpg

Mercier’s lazy cat Cio.: Siesta at the kitchen table

mV5Ckrj.jpg

New political system.
    Process: §3 Assembly members Salary.
    Jenny Richards:
    2728 Leader $1000/year, Member $800/year
    Greg Preston:
    2728 Leader $1200/year, Member $1000/year
    Marble Beach-Gentry
    2728 Leader 1500/year, 2nd row members 1200/year, 3rd row members 900/year
    Everyone agreed that this should be paid out 31/12, but that also half of it should be paid out now, to compensate for the 2nd half of 2727 where no salary was paid from “Ent”

Legislations passed:
    §1 Government
    §2 Tax
    §2.0 Tax 2728 - tax rate 3,1% of family net value - monthly 0,257%.
    §3 Assembly members Salary
    §3.0 2728 Salary - Leader $1200/year, Member $1000/year

Editorial:
    Haven’t explained this before, but the tax from “community” enterprise is not a random number, it is a mix of how much money the village has and how many visitors was in the “shop”
    Pegasus: 0,012 x combined cash + $50 / visitor
    Laundromat: 0,00075 x combined cash + $5 / visitor
    Fashion House: 0,0014 x combined net value + $225 / visitor
    In the future we will also have Tax from Trade Station, that will be the combined consignment fee from all trade, no matter if “local” or “free settlers”. (to make it easier will still mention sales before fee in sales list)
    The Daycare may not work probably, at least I did not the first time. But will include the concept of school and daycare, although it does not actually happen like that in-game (as with the pickup of Daichi Nara)
    The caravan was auto-settled (on an open lot) by a couple of the construction workers, build a proper home for them, shuffled their personality’s and edited their looks. Not to be confused with the “workers” when they come back.
    Made Elea grow up (blowing), otherwise autonome

Sunrise over Simons cottage
    (no photoshopping)

i1O05Kc.jpg
  • Options
    🐸🐸🐸🐸, I´ve already made a longer comment and then I´ve deleted the window by mistake!
    So this comment will be a bit shorter, I am sorry @Tamijo <3

I am sorry that the MacIans didn´t come back to Greg´s River with Nocholás, I so hoped they would have been healed already! They fit so good in the village.
    HtRPXkg.jpg
    I love this picture, Michiko looks so sweet on it!!!
    It seems as if she likes her job very much.
    Wow, great news for the settlers, now they are an independet village! So good that they don´t have to pay taxes to Ent anymore!
    What I don´t really understand is the political system of the village now: is it still an authoritarian leadership through the council, in which hands both the judical and the legislative powers lies? How are they elected and for how long? I´ve read your explanations but didn´t understand it fully. I don´t understand how the council is assembled and how the laws will be made and who will look that everyone will follow the new laws and can the settlers say no to some laws? And what happens if a member of the council is inable to lead anymore?
    The Nara´s sales stand should be indoors during winter, when I see that some of the customers don´t wear outerwear or even capri trousers, I get an instant cold! :D
    The Stumps must be a very taff family, when they can send out a child to by tomato oil and eggs, in winter... in the dark...
    Gosh, Mussete is the mother of Mateo, I always forget that, he always is alone or with his grandparents, she should spend more time with her son! Or maybe not????
    So good to see that Simon and Magdalena still care for each other, I hope they really marry and move together.
    Good that Ahmen Nettles has his dog Smokey with him, otherwise it would be very lonely this winter in the worker´s accomoddation.
    Happy Birthday Pierre, maybe your parents will be married when you get 18?
    zOnfVQ4.jpg
    What a beautiful picture! Which lightning mod do you use? The bright day one from burntwaffles? It looks sooo good with the water and the snow!
    Happy Birthday Terry and Elea, I have to say that Elea is a beauty! Is she still with John?
    Good that John helps in the daycare center, it is still much needed, it seems. How many kids are educated there?
    So did Simon uplift his painting abilities now? Is he still seeing Magdalena?
    Hah, taff boy those firefighters! I like the dog shirt on him though... :D
    Hahaha, the fails in the fashion shop made one Sim very happy, look at John´s face! He enjoys his view!!!!
    Botan Nara´s fail with Daichi is so daddy like! "My kids are taff, they don´t need more clothes, I don´t pamper my children!"
    He will soon be forgiven the small mistake he made a few days ago.
    LOL!!! Poor daddy would have got snappy comments the whole week from his wife, hm???
    I hope the new settlers outside the village don´t mean trouble for the settlers, especially now when there will be a second oil developed...
    mV5Ckrj.jpg
    If I were small enough I would like to lie on the kitchen counter as well, next to food, next to a warm oven and such and in the middle of all the happening. But I would already have problems to jump on the counter.... :D
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    @AlexaKry

Thanks for reading and comments <3

Yes sometimes happens that we miss a post, always annoying.
    Will first try to explain the political system, reply to the other part of you comments later.

First and foremost the system is designed to make further randomness, did not do too much to make it super “fair”

That said we are not talking a political system in a nation of 100.000 or millions, this is a village where everyone knows each other and trust their leaders, some 8/10 households are represented, the others are dear friends of the assembly members.
    That is why when they voted about the leaders, they choose to keep the Assembly structure as it was. (First vote)
    On the other hand they would like to chose between the leaders suggested laws, to get some influence. (2nd vote)
    Just as you chose between political parties in our time, as you expect them to make the laws you need. In Greg’s River, they directly choose law by law, but they can’t vote yes or no, they vote yes to one of the suggestions.

When a member died, redraws, or in extreme situations are thrown out, the assembly members can suggest new member, a member like that need 50% of public votes, or the most votes if more than one are suggested. (Haven’t decided how to do that, hope in won’t happen for a long time to come, guess it may be two suggestions and a random draw)

The Assembly is the police and judge. (To avoid random hangings shootings and stuff like that) a small village can’t make a 10000 pages book to guess what type of crimes may appear in the future, it will be down to what is reasonable “right” or “wrong”, like in the old tribal communities.

This as explained above (in story-line we will most often have three suggestions, and a random draw to “find” the public vote)

Example:
    So basically someone in the assembly suggest that they make a law about how much Tomato Root Oli can be sold by a family in one month, to avoid community shortage. They agree to make the law, so we get three options
    1 gallons
    3 gallons
    5 gallons
    A random draw (online random number generator) will decide the outcome. After this a family can only sell x gallons in a month.
  • Options

@AlexaKry
    Thanks again for comments <3
    Regarding “The MacIans” psychological tests will be done soon. If they are cured, they will be back during February month.
    I am sure Michiko likes her job. :)
    I get an instant cold! Ya they most be very cold resistant people, I would freeze to death. :#
    she should spend more time with her son! has been I little better recently, but he is alone way too much.
    maybe your parents will be married when you get 18? :D

Which lightning mod do you use
    Uranesia LightingMod_NOGreenSunrise + DefaultWater + BrighterNight

Elea have been alone from the start, although she spent a lot of time with Anders Karlson, they have not started a romance. He is one of Musettes “boys. :D
    John have been with Myra Frances almost from the beginning.

So did Simon uplift his painting abilities now? Not much
    Is he still seeing Magdalena? Not much lately. :'(

the new settlers outside the village don´t mean trouble for the settlers
    There will be some households, can also be service sims or homeless. They will not be active, but will be mentioned when they interact. They may of course also use our services, so that we can make money from them.
    If they misbehave within the village borders, they can be punished, out in the wilderness they are under “Ent” jurisdiction, we can only send an official complaint and hope someone will do something.
    2nd oil is not developed, the experiment came to nothing
    Thanks for nice comments on pictures.
  • Options
    @Tamijo : thank you for that detailed explanation! Now I understand everything so much better!
    Although I know that the settlement is small and it is much wiser to handle it like you want to, my inner democratic soul suffers! :D
    I don´t like people to have such an autocratic leading circle to have all the power. even when the people in it are good people, there must be one bad apple among them and they could begin to make false or bad decisions...
    I´m too mistrusting, I know! :D
    You are right that it makes no sense for the village to have a 1000 pages long law text for every eventually crime, but even here I just curl myself up, because who will decide about bad behavior? Can the deliquents get an objective trial? Can the council decide fully objective?
    So many questions about democratic rights! It is so good that I live in a country which is developed a bit further than your village! ;)>:)

Thanks for giving me the lightning mod, it looks stunning in your pictures! (I just can´t try it out in Moonlight Falls, there must stay the foggy misty weather for the story)
    Gosh, I´ve confused Elea with Myra! I am sorry, there are so few people in your settlement and I can´t divide them! But to my excuse, both of the girls have brownish-red hair, right?
    But I have to say that Elea is a beautiful woman!
    Oh no! Simon and Magdalena didn´t see each other often? That is no good news! It´s Simon again, right? He just closed himself up in his house and waited for her to come to him! So sad!
    Maybe one day the settlement is so big that the farmers out in the wild will become the new neighbours? It is so exciting to watch!
    Oh, I thought the second oil was already in production, that´s too bad, it would be nice to not fully rely on one plant, just think of a tomato disease where all tomatoes will rot on the plant.... (oh my dear, I have negative thoughts today, sorry for that! :D )
    I think your pictures of the village or the landscape are very beautiful, my towns are so overcrowded sometimes that such pictures are impossible to shoot for me...
  • Options
    @AlexaKry
    I understand full your thoughts about the democratic values in Greg’s river, it is a Wild West situation, dangerous and uncertain. Game play wise it the best option but...same with the trail, even the most human country’s have unfair trails in our world. With no law :s

I’d say Simon have done more than Magdalena, since that night, but obviously not enough.

Regarding the free settlers, options are unlimited, time will tell how they will connect, lovers, children, fights, everything is possible. It is a huge map, so they won’t melt into the village for many years to come.

tomato disease, why not ;)

I love the fact that my village have no roads, gives very “nature filled” photo options.

• Options
    @Tamijo : you are so right about our nowadays trials without any laws but with awful decisions!
    I really can understand the "Wild West" situation with this few settlesrs, but as I said, my inner democratic core is hurt and curls itself into oblivion. :D
    :Dit´s a huge map well, when I think of my Riverview map and the many houses I have build in it additionaly I won´t say it´s a big map, but my ability to build small doesn´t exist, so I have to deal with houses as big as your whole village....
    (no wonder that I have problems to save in some worlds.... :D )
    How did you delete the roads in your town? What about routing? Do the Sims still know how to get from a to b? Did you ever try to have a horse and ride it through the map?
    Tomato disease is like the potato disease where Ireland lost so many citizens in the early 19th century where crops of potatoes were already bad when they were still not ripe at the fields... :)
    Better to have an alternative!

Gah at Magdalena then! She should DO something for their relationship, it´s not fair to promise him something and to let him stay in the village and let him suffer so much! Give SP a kick in it´s butt!
  • Options

@Tamijo I liked the beat to the fisherman song. With this cold didn't have the energy to do more than tap my foot though.
    I totally love that picture of Greg fishing! Sims 3 has the prettiest views and scenery!
    Congrats to Terry. That was nice of Elea to make him a cake!
    It's nice to see Musette helping out with the kids.
    Hope Andy recovers soon!
    lol, some of the stylists choices were a little off. :grin: Must have been lingerie or nightwear day.
    Congrats to Musette on her birthday as well.
    New neighbors!
    I forgive any man who cooks!
    Love that cat picture!
    That is a beautiful sunrise!
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    @bekkasan
    Thanks for reading and comments <3
    Glad you liked the song. :)
    Sims 3 sure is a very beautiful game world – especially if you got the seasons.
    Thanks, I like to follow how my character grow older, although in this story rather slowly. :/
    Yes, for some reason Musette have become more human lately. Wonder if she can keep up the good work ;)
    Me too, I miss the Mclain’s. Just as I about to be ready to make them villagers, they got this mysterious mental health issues, no clue how that happened. :'(
    I like to cook o:)
    Thanks for compliments on pictures.

• Options

@AlexaKry

I can’t delete the roads – just picked a large empty “plain” for my settlement, the road is still on the map. :)

The routing is fine, they use the small pavement running alongside the settlement following the riverbank, if the need to travel some distance, otherwise the just use the grass. :)

May at some point make alternative to the Tomato Oil. If I can come up with a nice way to make it work well in storyline. Not sure right now if I like to complicate it further. :p

She should DO something for their relationship Yes, she should come over more I think, too complex to make it work well at her place, with all those chatty villagers constantly interrupting. :s
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Episode 59 – True Colours – January 2728 part 2

Simon Stone came to visit the Merciers. As we have seen before visiting the large household can be quite confusing, again he was interrupted and was not able to spend time alone with Magdalena.

zml2nTQ.jpg

The fathers might not be that great with baby’s, it is very different with toddlers. Daddy is best (sometimes)

g9bsoqL.jpg
    LeIZdpc.jpg

Sadly, not everyone really got a daddy to hold on to.

JqdVonZ.jpg
    VbLlwja.jpg

Now that several of the free settlers got teens, interested in making some pocket money, it was easier to get a babysitter. Brendon and Marble hired one for Ivory, for the first time in months able to visit Pegasus Café together.

23kpZzF.jpg

Mussete was reading a book at the trade station, when two men came in. At first, she thought this was a nice opportunity for a flirt. Soon she realized, this was men she would never be able to control.

E57PpYo.jpg

Elea Helsby came to visit, while Anders Karlson was working at the Tattoo in River fashion house. The two of them spend so much time together, it is hard to grasp why they have not become an item. Maybe Elea is waiting for Anders to drop Mussete completely.

IFnLI0e.jpg

Armel Mercier loved his grandchildren. He spends all the time he can spare with them.

NHZYPT6.jpg

With the help of Aunt Mussete, Pierre Mercier was starting to walk.

WaHVT5w.jpg

Simon was satisfied with the small paintings he has been working on, how choosing a much larger canvas. Heading for a first masterpiece.

6dHkBRu.jpg

Some of the free farmers was starting to visit Greg’s household, sometimes to see if they could buy a chicken for dinner or just admire the collection of wildlife Greg had.

HAv7dyn.jpg

Jiro Nara was still often dressing up in funny costumes, playing actress and doing small theatrical performance.

iRYP14A.jpg

Elea Helsby was questioning Terry Scully about his and Anders Karlson’s relations with Mussete Mercier, not really understanding why both wanted an older and extremely loose woman like her. He did not really have a good answer to that.

9tc7JLI.jpg

So much love between Brendon and Marble. Even when she does laundry, he brings flowers.

RuBkQpH.jpg

Norma Dahl fell asleep on a cold bench outside the trade station, at the night leading up to the 1st of February, really hope she won’t freeze to death.

pksVG62.jpg

Sales January 2728:
    Preston household:
    1. Tomato Root Oli 200$
    2. Salted Fish 28$
    3. A Pigeon 27$
    4. A Rat 6$
    Gentry-Beach household:
    1. A Barbour's map turtle 138$
    Scully household:
    1. Salted fish 14$
    Mercier household:
    1. Eggs 27$

Editorial:
    0xBOFQm.jpg
    Found a way to mod the save, so that I can control what occupation they choose. It seems that I can “re-form” the Forest Rescue Center to actually be a real in-game fire station again. So far worked as such for all January month, without any issues.
    Everything autonome.

Birdseye view of the village, snowfall at night.

oojBSIO.jpg

Post edited by Tamijo on
  • Options

@Tamijo Poor Simon, kinda sad he's not getting time with Magdalena like he wants. Shame he doesn't have her move in with him but I guess that may not be autonomous action?
    The kids look adorable with their Dad's. Yep it is sad that some don't have one in their life.
    Awesome that Brendon and Marble had a date night. They've done much better relationship wise than I thought they would.
    lol, I'm sure Musette was sorely disappointed.
    I bet its nice seeing the farmers start mixing with the community.
    Jiro looks adorable in her hero costume.
    lol, I'm sure Terry wasn't very comfortable with that conversation.
    Glad to see you are finding ways to mod the game and still make things autonomous for them with little help from you.
    The village is really pretty and serene looking at night with the snow falling.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top