Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fitness Stuff was a wasted opportunity

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    EpicSimsEpicSims Posts: 397 Member
    edited July 2017
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Sure, the climbing wall is nice, but I just thought it could've benefited from more gym equipment. Pull up bars, free weights, stairmasters, and climbing machines. It also features aerobics videos on TV, but even Sims 2 had that, and they're not as complex as actual equipment.

It's good that SPs are cheap and contain at least one item with new gameplay, but I just think each SP theme could tap more potential to make that $10 price tag worth it. So far, the one with the best value for me is Backyard. The others have CAS and build items that I like, but are just okay in terms of value.

Yes... I utterly absolutely agree with you.
    I think the Fitness pack is worth only $5 USD just as the Bowling pack should be.
    What annoys me very much is that I feel like the game makers didn't put much affection into making each pack as time goes by. I also think that the company seems to have monopolized this kind of life simulation computer game industry. No competitors for them. So for them, they may only care about how to make larger profits with less effort.
  • Options
    jedipwncesjedipwnces Posts: 85 Member
    Someone posted a picture of a gym with a trampoline-- that would have been an AWESOME addition. Those ball-chairs too... an item that can improve your fitness (albeit slowly) while you complain about other people's parenting styles on the online forums? Brilliant!
  • Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    jedipwnces wrote: »
    Someone posted a picture of a gym with a trampoline-- that would have been an AWESOME addition. Those ball-chairs too... an item that can improve your fitness (albeit slowly) while you complain about other people's parenting styles on the online forums? Brilliant!

@jedipwnces Yeah, it's by Necrodog. He also made a pull up bar. I have some of his other items, like a toddler pool, ball pit, toddler slide, etc.
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    Out of all the stuff packs, my fave so far is the spa day!
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Out of all the stuff packs, my fave so far is the spa day!

Spa Day is actually a GP (more content than a stuff pack), but yeah, I love it as well. I always did enjoy the spa items in previous games
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    I regret they didn't bring back decorative objects from The Sims 3 Town Life Stuff

screen25.jpg
  • Options
    estella_deeestella_dee Posts: 263 Member
    edited October 2017
    OMG!!! I was about to post about this SP. Well, most SP in general really. So I was building a gym today, it looked decent (IMO), but to be honest, building a gym is probably the most difficult to build, because there are just no gym items/decors. I thought I'd get the Fitness SP, then I checked the items, and I was: "Oh no way, am I getting this SP.". I get that TS4 isn't really for builders, and that's fine, but I just thought this is ridiculous. How can an SP supposedly dedicated to being fit and "gym life" not have a single gym decor/clutter? I would have loved to see some dumbbells or weights, even just for decor purposes. And yes, the new gym equipment looks nice, but I feel like these stuff packs aren't really worth at what they are priced. I get it, we have less items, because they are cheaper than previous series's stuff pack, but if you really look into the "items" in TS4 most of them aren't real items. They are swatches from already existing items from the base game or from previous EP/GP/SP. Not only that how can a stuff pack supposedly dedicated to fitness and gym life have little to no items related to that? Instead we get a wall decor that honestly, I thought was an after thought and unfinished, and a few end tables and chairs. And this has been the same with other SPs, the kitchen one for example, the only kitchen item there is the ice cream maker, where are the counters/islands? Or wouldn't have been bunkbeds a good addition to Kids Stuff or Outdoor Retreat, maybe Toddlers Stuff?

I don't hate TS4 or the devs. No not at all. I love this game so much, it is sad how this game can be frustrating sometimes. You want to recommend this game, but you simply cannot. There is no point comparing TS2 or TS3 to TS4, they all are different games (technically speaking), but TS4 is a game I play, because it's a Sims game, I always find myself stopping myself from getting excited with each new content, because I feel like they are something that look good while you're watching a few youtubers who are hyped, but after a week, when the hype is gone, you feel like you just wasted money on an EP/GP/SP.

That said, I am happy that they had a survey for the new SP. Because it really is frustrating to see a stuff pack gone to waste. To OP, Backyard Stuff is also the only SP I actually thought that made sense. I just got Toddlers and Kids Stuff, because there are just no items for those two life stages as well, even then I felt like they were lacking. Just a bunch of swatches, cluttering my CAS now.

PS The new EP (Cats and Dogs) I am hyped. But I will not get it until I see LGR's review on it. I feel like he's the only one that makes sound reviews on TS stuff. The rest, as I said are good, but usually I feel like they are just too hyped to make an objective review. I wonder if they still play previous packs...
  • Options
    Oh yeah, I love LGR. :D He can be negative a lot, but he has a point.

I'm okay with Toddler Stuff, if only because we sorely needed new CAS items and objects for toddlers, and Parenthood had been the only pack that include a few toddler items because it was one of the few packs so far released after toddlers were patched in.

And I'm still waiting for Fitness to go on sale, because while some of the stuff looks nice, I don't think it's worth 10 USD.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    lasummerb wrote: »
    @pepperjax1230 It is pretty funny. I like it when EA adds little unexpected things to the game that adds to the silliness, like in TS3 when your Sim is dancing, they fall down and get back up looking around embarrassed. :D
    That happens in TS2 as well, good for chuckles. Fully agree with the posters lamenting the lack of actual fitness items/activities. If a pack is about fitness, then that's what should be in it, not modern stuff. Forget about Eco Living, it morphed into laundry. [yawns]
  • Options
    lucyajoneslucyajones Posts: 31 Member
    Goodness no doubt, I adore LGR. :D He can be negative a ton, however, he has a point.

I'm alright with Toddler Stuff, if simply because we distressfully required new CAS things and articles for babies, and Parenthood had been the main pack that incorporates a couple of little child things since it was one of only a handful couple of packs so far discharged after babies were fixed in.
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    Yes agree glad I didn't buy it, I would have preferred a pool table or a tennis court, golfing anything other then another gym.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Pool tables would be great. Guaranteed crowd maker in community lots and if I have a house large enough to have one, visiting sims make a bee-line for it. Why they left it out is a mystery, and makes no sense. Like a lot of things in this game.
  • Options
    I just wanted to share these CC for those of you who wants to decorate your gym. I found that these not only look really nice, but they mash well with the in game art. Especially the content by Around the Sims 4. They almost look as if they should have been included in The Sims 4 Fitness Stuff pack-- well, at least I thought these were the things that should come with the pack anyway. I am always amazed by The Sims CC/mod creators. I used to use and download tons and tons of CC back in TS2, but have stopped using them in TS3, and have just recently considered using them again now. It's always amazing to see all these creations and for free. :)

http://sims4.aroundthesims3.com/objects/room_other_05.shtml
    https://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/Severinka_/downloads/details/category/sims4-sets-objects-miscellaneous/title/sport-inventory-set/id/1326107/
  • Options
    Those do look amazing! See, if Fitness Stuff had those, I'd buy it at full price, because those are much truer to the theme of the pack. Bonus points if some of those would be usable.

• Options
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Those do look amazing! See, if Fitness Stuff had those, I'd buy it at full price, because those are much truer to the theme of the pack. Bonus points if some of those would be usable.

Unfortunately, most are just decorations. Which I really did not mind, I was just looking for items to make my gym to look like a gym, not a greenhouse or a library or a living room. The exercise balls (sorry, I am do not know what they are called) function as chairs. But I just use them as decors anyway. hehe.
  • Options
    jamiehoodjamiehood Posts: 126 Member
    I don't have the pack, so I can't say much, but I do want it. Idk, but I really liked a few of the items that came with it. I guess $10 might be a little much, though, if it doesn't have all that much.
  • Options
    EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    Split post that necro'd thread as it was off-topic. Closing thread
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top